Playstation Vs. Nintendo 64 Vs. Sega Saturn Vs. 3DO Vs. Atari Jaguar! Consolewar

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Ps1 and n64 tied for me. Saturn has ZERO games I want.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#102 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Ps1 and n64 tied for me. Saturn has ZERO games I want.YoshiYogurt

Then you just haven't seen or played enough Saturn games. It has quite the healthy library with a lot of genres properly represented from both Sega themselves and plenty of third-party developers.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#103 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Ps1 and n64 tied for me. Saturn has ZERO games I want.Emerald_Warrior

Then you just haven't seen or played enough Saturn games. It has quite the healthy library with a lot of genres properly represented from both Sega themselves and plenty of third-party developers.

And, as has already been mentioned before, the Saturn has a larger library of games than the N64, including more third-party support.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 YoshiYogurt
[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Ps1 and n64 tied for me. Saturn has ZERO games I want.Jag85

And, as has already been mentioned before, the Saturn has a larger library of games than the N64, including more third-party support.

Nights is literally the only exclusive I can think of that I'm interested in...
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

YoshiYogurt

Here's a long list of Sega Saturn games (with nearly 600 titles) to check out to see if you find anything that might interest you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_Saturn_games

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

N64 and PSX, then Saturn. 

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

N64 all the way, screw PSX.

Super Mario 64 wasn't only a great game back then and even now, it was a defining moment in the gaming industry as a whole. Then there was Goldeneye 007 and Mario Kart and Smash Bros. and Zelda and a whole host of other games.

Oh, and one more thing: NO LOADING TIMES!

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Ps1 and n64 tied for me. Saturn has ZERO games I want.Emerald_Warrior

I think it's obvious by his name and also by previous posts he's a nintendo fanboy and thus doesn't have a clue about any offerings but nintendo

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 bultje112

[QUOTE="Jag85"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

YoshiYogurt

probably because it's the only exclusive you've heard about

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Super Mario 64 wasn't only a great game back then and even now, it was a defining moment in the gaming industry as a whole. Then there was Goldeneye 007 and Mario Kart and Smash Bros. and Zelda and a whole host of other games.

dbtbandit67
No loading screens. The N64 had loading times.
Platform_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Platform_King
Member since 2013 • 128 Posts
N64>PS>Saturn>3DO> JAG
Platform_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Platform_King
[QUOTE="dbtbandit67"]

Jakandsigz

yeah one second loading times, with the exception of TWINE.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Jakandsigz
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="dbtbandit67"]

Platform_King

yeah one second loading times, with the exception of TWINE.

it's 3 to 5. N64 isn't as fast as people think it is, but it does not have CD loading times at least.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Jakandsigz
N64+Saturn> PS1 by one point Thank you Sega :)
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 YoshiYogurt

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="Jag85"] And, as has already been mentioned before, the Saturn has a larger library of games than the N64, including more third-party support.bultje112

I have a Genesis and a playstation.... How bout you tell me some exclusives for the Saturn instead of getting all pissy that not everyone LOVES you precious Saturn.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] Nights is literally the only exclusive I can think of that I'm interested in...YoshiYogurt

I have a Genesis and a playstation.... How bout you tell me some exclusives for the Saturn instead of getting all pissy that not everyone LOVES you precious Saturn.

Dude, you said it. Do you expect people not to respond when you try to say a console with such a large library has only 1 good game?

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 YoshiYogurt

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="bultje112"]

Emerald_Warrior

Dude, you said it. Do you expect people not to respond when you try to say a console with such a large library has only 1 good game?

I never said that. I said that I'm interested in now. I don't know much about the console. Not telling me about more good exclusives doesn't help your case.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] I have a Genesis and a playstation.... How bout you tell me some exclusives for the Saturn instead of getting all pissy that not everyone LOVES you precious Saturn. YoshiYogurt

I never said that. I said that I'm interested in now. I don't know much about the console. Not telling me about more good exclusives doesn't help your case.

My case? You were talking to bultje, I thought.

Why not look at the list that was already given to you further up the thread?

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 YoshiYogurt

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

Not looking through a list that consists of tons of multiplats.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] I never said that. I said that I'm interested in now. I don't know much about the console. Not telling me about more good exclusives doesn't help your case.YoshiYogurt

Well, if you don't care to know about the Saturn's library, then you're proving everyone right that says you're a Nintendo fanboy.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] I never said that. I said that I'm interested in now. I don't know much about the console. Not telling me about more good exclusives doesn't help your case.YoshiYogurt

Clockwork Knight 1 & 2 Deep Fear Dragon Force 2? Panzer Dragoon Saga Saturn Bomberman Shinobi Legions Shining Force 3 Virtua Fighter 1, 2, Kids Astal Shining the Holy Ark Nights Sonic 3D blast Sonic Jam Legend of Oasis Actua Golf Burning Rangers Daytona Virtua Cop Virtua Cop 2 Fighters Megamix Exclusive Bosses Megaman 8 Guardian Heroes Scud Disposable Assasin
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 YoshiYogurt

Emerald_Warrior

Well, if you don't care to know about the Saturn's library, then you're proving everyone right that says you're a Nintendo fanboy.

I will just google myself a damn list since none of you can even post games you like. Let's see we get: http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/07/29/top-10-sega-saturn-games and http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/Top-100-Saturn-Games-Page-5.html Still nothing I really want besides Nights. Some stuff like Shining Force and the Dragoon games look interesting I guess. Some 2D shooters look cool. Not interested in Fighters or racers. All in all nothing I'd ever rush to buy from ebay. I can't see myself ever buying a Saturn unless I find one at a garage sale or something. The library is quite pathetic compared to the PS1 and N64.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Jag85

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] Not looking through a list that consists of tons of multiplats.YoshiYogurt

I will just google myself a damn list since none of you can even post games you like. Let's see we get:http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/07/29/top-10-sega-saturn-games and http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/Top-100-Saturn-Games-Page-5.html

Still nothing I really want besides Nights. Some stuff like Shining Force and the Dragoon games look interesting I guess. Some 2D shooters look cool. Not interested in Fighters or racers.

All in all nothing I'd ever rush to buy from ebay. I can't see myself ever buying a Saturn unless I find one at a garage sale or something. The library is quite pathetic compared to the PS1 and N64.

Compared to the N64, the Saturn had a larger software library, more third-party support, and wider diverse selection of games... so how can its library be "pathetic" compared to the N64?

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Jakandsigz

Jag85

I will just google myself a damn list since none of you can even post games you like. Let's see we get:http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/07/29/top-10-sega-saturn-games and http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/Top-100-Saturn-Games-Page-5.html

Still nothing I really want besides Nights. Some stuff like Shining Force and the Dragoon games look interesting I guess. Some 2D shooters look cool. Not interested in Fighters or racers.

All in all nothing I'd ever rush to buy from ebay. I can't see myself ever buying a Saturn unless I find one at a garage sale or something. The library is quite pathetic compared to the PS1 and N64.

Compared to the N64, the Saturn had a larger software library, more third-party support, and wider diverse selection of games... so how can its library be "pathetic" compared to the N64?

Because Sega doesn't make yogurt :) Also he completely ignored my list :(
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 YoshiYogurt

Jag85

N64 has better exclusives. Mario 64 Banjo 1 +2 2 CastleVania games Pokemon Stadium and Snap Paper Mario Smash bros Zelda Ocarina + MM Goldeneye Kirby 64 Yoshi's Story conker Mario Party 1-3 Perfect Dark donkey Kong 64 StarFox 64 Mario kart Diddy Kart Larger software library doesn't matter when everything is also on the playstation. Exclusives are what matters.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Jakandsigz
[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] I will just google myself a damn list since none of you can even post games you like. Let's see we get:http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/07/29/top-10-sega-saturn-games and http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/Top-100-Saturn-Games-Page-5.html

YoshiYogurt

N64 has better exclusives. Mario 64 Banjo 1 +2 2 CastleVania games Pokemon Stadium and Snap Paper Mario Smash bros Zelda Ocarina + MM Goldeneye Kirby 64 Yoshi's Story conker Mario Party 1-3 Perfect Dark donkey Kong 64 StarFox 64 Mario kart Diddy Kart Larger software library doesn't matter when everything is also on the playstation. Exclusives are what matters.

So, ignoring my list which has more games eh?
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jakandsigz
[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] I will just google myself a damn list since none of you can even post games you like. Let's see we get:http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/07/29/top-10-sega-saturn-games and http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/Top-100-Saturn-Games-Page-5.html

YoshiYogurt

Also those 2 Castlevanias are bad, and are pretty much the same game.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] Nights is literally the only exclusive I can think of that I'm interested in...YoshiYogurt

I"m not pissy, I just find it beyond ignorant how you say the saturn has no games you are interested in, while you don't even know any games for it.

I'll tell you saturn exclusives I love:

panzer dragoon saga, shining force 3 scenarioas 1,2 and 3, dragon force, torico, deep fear, three dirty dwarves, fighters megamix, daytona usa, sega rally, virtua cop, sakura wars 1 and 2, nights, shining the holy ark, saturn bomberman, burning rangers and those are just exclsuives from the top of my head it has tons more even to offer

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 bultje112

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

YoshiYogurt

how do you know when you've never even played a staurn and know nothing of the library. you are typical nintendo fanboy. hilarious to say the least

AMGMercedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 AMGMercedes
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts
With any new technology, the gaming experience is enhanced. You need a lot power for physics, AI, huge/complex worlds etc. Speeking of physics: World Driver Championship has much more realistic physics than Gran Turismo. This game actually has physics good enough to rival even some modern racing games. Unlike Gran Turismo, the cars have a more accurate feeling of weight and inertia. What GT only claims to do, WDC actually accurately simulates weight transfer under braking and acceleration. More like a real car, in WDC you cannot simply slam on the brakes and downshift at the last second before making a sharp turn and hammer the gas on your way out. You will under steer badly and then spin out after you hit the gas. You cannot slam into or side swipe without the consequences of the collision throwing not just the car you hit out of control, but yours as well again unlike GT where bumping your opponents many times actually assist you. Unlike GT where over steering is the result of only extremely poor driving skill, over steering in WDC can occur much easier and is very useful when controlled properly just like in a real car. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Conclusion: new technology = better graphics + better games N64 > Saturn + PS1 combined = unbiased and objective statement
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Jakandsigz
[QUOTE="AMGMercedes"]With any new technology, the gaming experience is enhanced. You need a lot power for physics, AI, huge/complex worlds etc. Speeking of physics: World Driver Championship has much more realistic physics than Gran Turismo. This game actually has physics good enough to rival even some modern racing games. Unlike Gran Turismo, the cars have a more accurate feeling of weight and inertia. What GT only claims to do, WDC actually accurately simulates weight transfer under braking and acceleration. More like a real car, in WDC you cannot simply slam on the brakes and downshift at the last second before making a sharp turn and hammer the gas on your way out. You will under steer badly and then spin out after you hit the gas. You cannot slam into or side swipe without the consequences of the collision throwing not just the car you hit out of control, but yours as well again unlike GT where bumping your opponents many times actually assist you. Unlike GT where over steering is the result of only extremely poor driving skill, over steering in WDC can occur much easier and is very useful when controlled properly just like in a real car. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Conclusion: new technology = better graphics + better games N64 > Saturn + PS1 combined = unbiased and objective statement

I almost thought this was a spam bot for a second until I read the bottom.
Platform_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Platform_King
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="AMGMercedes"]With any new technology, the gaming experience is enhanced. You need a lot power for physics, AI, huge/complex worlds etc. Speeking of physics: World Driver Championship has much more realistic physics than Gran Turismo. This game actually has physics good enough to rival even some modern racing games. Unlike Gran Turismo, the cars have a more accurate feeling of weight and inertia. What GT only claims to do, WDC actually accurately simulates weight transfer under braking and acceleration. More like a real car, in WDC you cannot simply slam on the brakes and downshift at the last second before making a sharp turn and hammer the gas on your way out. You will under steer badly and then spin out after you hit the gas. You cannot slam into or side swipe without the consequences of the collision throwing not just the car you hit out of control, but yours as well again unlike GT where bumping your opponents many times actually assist you. Unlike GT where over steering is the result of only extremely poor driving skill, over steering in WDC can occur much easier and is very useful when controlled properly just like in a real car. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Conclusion: new technology = better graphics + better games N64 > Saturn + PS1 combined = unbiased and objective statement

I almost thought this was a spam bot for a second until I read the bottom.

LOL like that guy talking about Basket ball?
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 bultje112

With any new technology, the gaming experience is enhanced. You need a lot power for physics, AI, huge/complex worlds etc. Speeking of physics: World Driver Championship has much more realistic physics than Gran Turismo. This game actually has physics good enough to rival even some modern racing games. Unlike Gran Turismo, the cars have a more accurate feeling of weight and inertia. What GT only claims to do, WDC actually accurately simulates weight transfer under braking and acceleration. More like a real car, in WDC you cannot simply slam on the brakes and downshift at the last second before making a sharp turn and hammer the gas on your way out. You will under steer badly and then spin out after you hit the gas. You cannot slam into or side swipe without the consequences of the collision throwing not just the car you hit out of control, but yours as well again unlike GT where bumping your opponents many times actually assist you. Unlike GT where over steering is the result of only extremely poor driving skill, over steering in WDC can occur much easier and is very useful when controlled properly just like in a real car. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Conclusion: new technology = better graphics + better games N64 > Saturn + PS1 combined = unbiased and objective statementAMGMercedes

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 silent_bomber
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

Compared to the N64, the Saturn had a larger software library, more third-party support, and wider diverse selection of games...Jag85

....The majority of which are Fighters and 2D scrolling Shmups.

• Crude three-course racing games
  • Crappy 3D platformers
  • Crappy splitscreen support
  • SNES-era Action-Adventure games

What competes with the Zelda's and Soul Reaver? Nothing

What competes with Mario 64, Banjo's, Spyro's, Ape Escape? Nothing

What racers have >8 courses, Championship modes? Nothing, parts customisation? Nothing.

FPS Splitscreen deathmatch? Nothing.

Neither N64, nor Saturn have all genre's covered, only one that manages that is PS1 unfortunately.

Most of the high profile Saturn games came out prior to 1998, N64 didn't even start until 1997, and carried on till 2000, as such they have very different libraries, and very different strengths and weaknesses to each other, Saturn has more 2D emphasis, N64 has more 3D emphasis.

Saturn may have a bigger library, but it also has significantly more shovelware, putting shovelware on N64 was a losing proposition due to the expense or manufacturing cartridges.

I'm not arguing that Saturn doesn't have more ok to good games on it than N64, it most certainly does, I'm just arguing that Saturn's library isn't inherently more balanced than that of the N64. Quite frankly as a platformer and Racing game fan I find the Saturn extremely lacking.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 bultje112

[QUOTE="Jag85"]Compared to the N64, the Saturn had a larger software library, more third-party support, and wider diverse selection of games...Domino_slayer

• Crappy 3D platformers

What racers have >8 courses, Championship modes? Nothing, parts customisation? Nothing.

Neither N64, nor Saturn have all genre's covered, only one that manages that is PS1 unfortunately.

Most of the high profile Saturn games came out prior to 1998, N64 didn't even start until 1997, and carried on till 2000, as such they have very different libraries, and very different strengths and weaknesses to each other, Saturn has more 2D emphasis, N64 has more 3D emphasis.

Saturn may have a bigger library, but it also has significantly more shovelware, putting shovelware on N64 was a losing proposition due to the expense or manufacturing cartridges.

I'm not arguing that Saturn doesn't have more ok to good games on it than N64, it most certainly does, I'm just arguing that Saturn's library isn't inherently more balanced than that of the N64. Quite frankly as a platformer and Racing game fan I find the Saturn extremely lacking.

no they are not :roll:

for the record saturn has over 1000 games, n64 has like what? 400? most saturn games aren't either fighters or 2d shooters. besides same can be said with n64 and 3d platformers, which isn't true either btw

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 YoshiYogurt

[QUOTE="Domino_slayer"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]Compared to the N64, the Saturn had a larger software library, more third-party support, and wider diverse selection of games...bultje112

• Crappy 3D platformers

for the record saturn has over 1000 games, n64 has like what? 400? most saturn games aren't either fighters or 2d shooters. besides same can be said with n64 and 3d platformers, which isn't true either btw

Out of these "1000" games, Why are so few memorable? Why is there nothing as good as spyro, crash, mario, or banjo? The entire library of Saturn games must be shovelware and multplats because all I see are the same few exclusives. You fail to provide an argument to how it is any better than the n64. It's not even close to the PS1 in exclusives.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
Nintendo 64
silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 silent_bomber

for the record saturn has over 1000 gamesbultje112

No, it most certainly does not, it has ~600-700 games and 300-400 Picture and music CDs, and special editions, the picture CDs (of which there are masses) are put in the Saturn, and it cycles through artwork, that's it, that aint a "game".

The Japanese Saturn library has ludicrous amount of shovelware in it.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#140 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Domino_slayer"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]Compared to the N64, the Saturn had a larger software library, more third-party support, and wider diverse selection of games...YoshiYogurt

• Crappy 3D platformers

Out of these "1000" games, Why are so few memorable? Why is there nothing as good as spyro, crash, mario, or banjo? The entire library of Saturn games must be shovelware and multplats because all I see are the same few exclusives. You fail to provide an argument to how it is any better than the n64. It's not even close to the PS1 in exclusives.

maybe because you haven't bothered looking at anything beyond some IGN list, or so it seems.

that list btw isn't even the greatest (Astal in the top 10? no way)

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Domino_slayer"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]Compared to the N64, the Saturn had a larger software library, more third-party support, and wider diverse selection of games...YoshiYogurt

• Crappy 3D platformers

how would you know. you've already admitted to knowing nothing and having played nothing of the saturn

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]for the record saturn has over 1000 gamesDomino_slayer

No, it most certainly does not, it has ~600-700 games and 300-400 Picture and music CDs, and special editions, the picture CDs (of which there are masses) are put in the Saturn, and it cycles through artwork, that's it, that aint a "game".

you don't even know the saturn has over 1000 games, not counting re releases or anything, so what would you know about shovelware. you are as clueless clearly as the nintendo fanboy here

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Domino_slayer"]

[QUOTE="bultje112"]for the record saturn has over 1000 gamesbultje112

you don't even know the saturn has over 1000 games, not counting re releases or anything, so what would you know about shovelware. you are as clueless clearly as the nintendo fanboy here

I wouldn't say that about Donimo_slayer, he actually has experience with the Saturn , I might not necessarily agree with him, but he isn't the same as the other user (who clearly is just being fanboyish in his attitude)
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 YoshiYogurt

bultje112

how would you know. you've already admitted to knowing nothing and having played nothing of the saturn

You again fail to provide an arguement as to how the saturn is better than the n64 or PS1. I don't see how I am a "Nintendo Fanboy" when I don't even have an N64. Provide a list of games that are better or even match up with N64 games...
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] Out of these "1000" games, Why are so few memorable? Why is there nothing as good as spyro, crash, mario, or banjo? The entire library of Saturn games must be shovelware and multplats because all I see are the same few exclusives. You fail to provide an argument to how it is any better than the n64. It's not even close to the PS1 in exclusives. YoshiYogurt

You again fail to provide an arguement as to how the saturn is better than the n64 or PS1. I don't see how I am a "Nintendo Fanboy" when I don't even have an N64. Provide a list of games that are better or even match up with N64 games...

if you don't have an N64, how do you know any game you might list, or have listed is good or not?

Ive played or own quite a few of the games you mentioned before and found some to be pretty boring for my tastes

by the logic previously applied by you , the N64 must be crap.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 silent_bomber

you don't even know the saturn has over 1000 gamesbultje112

You've been spouting this rubbish about "1000" games for bloody years now, I personally went through this list of 1000 games piece by piece, game by game and it had ridiculous numbers of non-game software, 100s and 100s of quick, cheap merchandise, picture CDs of popular anime etc, music CDs where a polygon model dances around in the middle of the screen, all Satakore re-releases were also included.

Link to this list of >1000 games, If I'm proven wrong I'll retract.

Platform_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Platform_King
The saturn seemed to have some pretty cool games with my experience.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 YoshiYogurt

Darkman2007

if you don't have an N64, how do you know any game you might list, or have listed is good or not?

Ive played or own quite a few of the games you mentioned before and found some to be pretty boring for my tastes

Played them at cousin's and friend's houses. Virtual console, playing them on PC, and remakes. Just give me like 10 Saturn games that are worth playing. I'm trying to like the system.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] You again fail to provide an arguement as to how the saturn is better than the n64 or PS1. I don't see how I am a "Nintendo Fanboy" when I don't even have an N64. Provide a list of games that are better or even match up with N64 games...YoshiYogurt

Played them at cousin's and friend's houses. Virtual console, playing them on PC, and remakes. Just give me like 10 Saturn games that are worth playing. I'm trying to like the system.

that depends on what you like , if I ask you for games for the N64, the minute you suggest stuff like Ocarina of Time , Banjo Kazooie, Smash Bros, DK64, etc, I will reply that those games bore me, which they do. and I own (or owned) these games. now that is fine, people have different tastes, but your claim that the Saturn is somehow crap is unfounded , and baseless, as you do not know the games on the system but sure, go ahead and have a look at my games list on GS , almost all of my games are there (save for a few very obscure games)
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#150 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

• Crappy 3D platformers

Domino_slayer

Hell.. i honestly don't know how much shovelware there is on either, so i'll keep that out..

And what's wrong with fighters and shmups? If you're a fan of them, the Saturn dwarfs the N64 if you want quality games in these two genres. For an actual fan like myself, a shmup can last me dozens of hours until i actually finish it (1CC), never mind replay it in SP, or with friends. A fighting game? Infinite replayability with friends, huge length if i want to enjoy SP mastering a few characters, learning their intricacies. 

Then there's the extraordinarily quality games (non-fighters/shmups) that rivals anything on the N64 - Panzer Dragoon Saga, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Nights into Dreams... , Dragon Force I & II, Shinning Force Scenario III, Saturn Bomberman.

And then there's the great games that'll complete the rivalry towards the N64 - Shinning Force Scenario I & II, Panzer Dragoon I, Prikura Daisakusen, Shinning The Holy Ark, Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story I, II, III (best mech games on a 5th gen. console, fast, fluid responsive and fun), Shin Shinobi Den, Guardian Heroes, Bulk Slash, Virtua Cop 2, etc.

Now, i'm not arguing that the Saturn is better than the N64, or vice versa. What i'm saying is that both are of equal quality, but both have different strenghts and different weaknesses.

The PS1 crushes both combined, either way.