Playstation Move vs. Microsoft Kinect (8 Months Later)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NYTed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 NYTed
Member since 2003 • 39 Posts

It's been about 8 months now since the Move and Kinect were released. What are your current opinions? Are you happy with your choice? Which do you think is better now? In my home we have both and the opinions are split down the center. I perfer the Kinect, while my son perfers the Move.

PS: I am not trying to start a system war, just looking for honest opinions. If the Mods feel this is posted in the wrong area, them please feel free to move it.

Thank You

Awesome-Possum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Awesome-Possum
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts
I honestly feel they are both good, but a little to different to compare. While kinect is good for "party games" like catch the ball and jump and dancing games, the move is better for shooters and platformers mainly because it has buttons and a analog stick. The moves camera also seems to work similar to kinect in some instances though not as accurate. I believe while microsoft tried a different route sony tried to implement both the camera design and motion controller. As for my personal opinion... I'll keep my normal controller please and occassionally play motion control games. Even on the wii when I race on mario kart and play smash bros. I use the gamecube controller.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

If the Mods feel this is posted in the wrong area, them please feel free to move it.NYTed

They won't move it. You should just ask for this to be locked and post in SW as this will devolve into it whether you want it to or not unfortunately.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

[QUOTE="NYTed"]If the Mods feel this is posted in the wrong area, them please feel free to move it.Dracula68

They won't move it. You should just ask for this to be locked and post in SW as this will devolve into it whether you want it to or not unfortunately.

Don't listen to this guy.
I seem him posting stuff like this all the time like he is an admin or a mod or something around here.
>_>

You should ask the ruler of these lands...the great and powerful Rag

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

You should ask the ruler of these lands...the great and powerful Rag

rawsavon

...and I declare henceforth that all Move vs Kinect threads shall be locked!