Well first off before you go on crazy rampage and crack it open or buy a new ps2 do 3 simple things:
- Most of the time this problem is due to dirty disk, it is amazing that some disk can work perfectly with thousands of scratches and smudges, but somthing as little as a finger print or some dust can bring up that awful disk error.
- first of all use a clean cloth(duh :roll: )preferably a disk cleaning cloth.
-clean from the inside out instraight lines.
-be carful what you clean with best stick to retail cleaners for cds (i use windex but its not recomended)
-the most important thing is to clean softly do not rub because you can kind of wax the cd if you rub too hard.
-the safest path is just to go buy a cd cleaner at walmart
- If that does not work then a simple solution is to turn the PlayStation on its left side. Trust me i know it sounds stupid but it works wonders:P.
- If those 2 dont work then you could try cleaning you lens by using a cleaning disk like this one
- Another solution is to open you disk tray then turn it off and spray the heck out of the tray and the slot in the ps2. (complements to jekkie)
- Ok one more thing before you try opening ti up you can call sony and have them fix it. If your warranty is expired, Sony will not fix it for free (they did for a short time, but not anymore) - $45 to fix it or $75 for a refurbished PS2. Phone # for sony: 1-800-345-sony(complements to wackoss)
- Now hopfuly that fixed your problem if it did't then you could send it back to sony(do this if you still have a warenty or are not confident with opening the box) or crack it open. This is a last resort please do not atempt to do this if you are not confident with opening the box.
*some tips before you begin*
-the main thing i would worry about would be static(you can really f*** a computer with static) to prevent this you could stand on dryer sheets, or you could get an aiti-static bracelet.
-use a hard clean work surface (thats inside) and make sure you have clean tools.
- read through these guides atleast one before you begin and then use it for step by step instructions.
-if you have any friends that are really good with computers now would be a time to ask for a favor. (knowlege can not replace experience :wink: )
Here are some links i suggest reading though all of these first.
If anyone has some more helpfull info or any other help then please post here.
Hoped this helped you guys.
Mods please sticky
:D***Thx for the sticky***:D