joshyjess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 joshyjess
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

I'm not a great multi-tasker, and this applies to my gaming as well. I can handle two games at once as long as they are completely different genres (like a FPS and a casual game), but if I try to play more than one similar type of game, I just end up spending all my time on one, and ignoring the other.

How many different games do you play at the same time? Can you handle more than one simultaneous gaming experience, or do you also finding yourself being glued to the one, and ignoring the other(s)?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I can never multitask games unless its a grind games like FFXIV, Destiny or Monster Hunter. Games that I play demands attention (Single Player Story heavy games) or else I lose interest in them very quickly. For games other than that I mentioned, I only multitask games if I finished them once. That is how I platinumed DK Remastered and DK3.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

I currently play PUBG and Apex Legends with one set of friends, occasionally a bit of FIFA with other friends and if none of my friends are online, I'm still mopping up RDR2 on my Xbox or Spider-Man on my PS4. So yes, I often play quite a few games at the same time. However, they're not split evenly.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I usually have a main game, right now destiny 2, and then a secondary game to fall back on if I'm tired of the grind and need something different.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I can't do it at all. I'll play one game and finish It then move to another. The only game I do play while playing another is cod zombies and that's only of my misses is on the PC.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@joshyjess: Absolutely. Doing it now with chilled out fh4, having fun on SoT, sniping headshots on bf5 and having some family fun with Its Quiz time and Beach buggy racing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

3 the most I do it quite a bit if I'm starting to get bored of a game and need a break I'll go to something else. Right now I have Watch Dogs, Spiderman and Far Cry New Dawn on rotation.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

im playing metro exodus far cry new dawn at the moment

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

In the old 8-16 days I think we appreciated games, and consoles more as you were lucky to be sitting with 5 games. Now a lot of people easily sit with 1000+ Steam games, and we end up with too much of a good thing.

Cooperino217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cooperino217
Member since 2019 • 16 Posts

I often focus on one. not good at multitasking

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

Right now I'm playing only Kingdom Hearts 3. But most of the time I play two games at once. I also prefer them to be different from each other.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

Usually one but can play 2 if they are different genres.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#13 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Usually jump around three games at a time. One that takes a lot of commitment and a lot to memorise.

And two with familiarity, usually retro, multiplayer or puzzle games. So even if they are complex, it's already built in my mind so I find it a more laid back experience.

TheHeelShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheHeelShow
Member since 2019 • 7 Posts

Maximum 2 games at PC as long as they are different genres. I mostly play FIFA 19 career mode, but can switch to Forza most of the times, but at consoles I'd rather focus in one game only.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I stick to one game at a time due to the fact that I tend to get nothing done when I spread myself too thin. I was completely devoted to Kingdom Hearts 3 and beat it in 6 days. Now I'm probably gonna fire up the PS3 and get started on Tales of Zestiria next

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

I multitask games all the time

I'm currently playing and cycle through, I think I will sink in more time though with Apex Legend as I am really enjoying the game
Apex Legends
Garou Mark of Wolves
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extended
Titan Quest Anniversary: Ragnarok
Grim Dawn

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I may play a number of online games with my friends but on my own I tend to focus on two games maximum. Normally it's just one but if I lose some of my interest I might give something else a go.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

It's usually just the one because I want to appreciate it for what it is entirely. But, I can manage 2 games, and then maybe a 3rd one for online play only.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#20 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

I used to be really bad at this. I used to buy a bunch of new games around the same time. The problem was, I they ended up in a back log that I never got a chance to play, because then new games came out that I want to play. So now, I pick a FPS and a story game. Finish the story game and then move on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I coincidentally made a list the other day, not only to mark all games started on each platform, but ones I own that I want to play. Hopefully all sorted will be easier to check them off.

I got a over a dozen or so started but talking mostly PS+/Game Pass games. The bane of my console backlog is older games on my Xbox, FO3, Dead Rising, Banjo Kazooie, Beyond Good and Evil, Gears 2, Mass Effect 2 and Halo 3. Hell got a few on PS3 and 3DS as well, all of which I'll likely never get done.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Playing Anthem and Darksiders 3 at the moment. Getting my money's worth out of EA's Origin Access, both fun games.

Also playing a great indie city builder Foundation, but that's more on the backburner at the moment.

So yeah, I will usually juggle three or four games at a time, usually just one or two main ones, though.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

At the moment I'm playing crackdown 3 with about 3 bosses left. Once I've finished I'll move onto the backlog whilst still collecting orbs.

Lady_Aijou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lady_Aijou
Member since 2019 • 24 Posts

I tend to float between several games depending on my mood. I might have an RPG going, and then a couple of rogue-likes, maybe a strategy game or a sandbox. It really depends on what kind of experience I'm going for on a given night. I don't end up beating a lot of games that way, but I do stick with ones that I'm enjoying even if I see something else I like.