Playing any Star Wars games for May the 4th?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7313 Posts

May the 4th be with you all.

I'm thinking of downloading the Episode 3 game from PSN since the multiplayer Duel mode is supposedly pretty good, and a Jedi fighting game isn't anywhere on EA's radar. Probably pull out Rebel Strike at some point too.

How about you guys?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

@judaspete: No, if I have time I'll play something 'good' on that day.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I've been messing with JK2 lately, so maybe that if I remember.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

Been eyeballing Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy recently, don't think I actually played that one all the way through since, at the time, my computer was too weak haha.

Would like to revisit Empire at War, too.

@RSM-HQ said:

@judaspete: No, if I have time I'll play something 'good' on that day.

Like a Star Wars game?!? :D

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RSM-HQ
@mrbojangles25 said:

Like a Star Wars game?!? :D

Nah; but enjoy what you do, at your own discretion :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

Nah, kinda sick of seeing star wars stuff all the time these days... thanks Disney

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56212 Posts

For a May the 4th be with you day, Disney totally drop the ball on not releasing Solo movie on this very day. Disney Failed!!!

Oh yes, sorry about that rant, since it's May the 4th be with you day, I'm gonna play some more Star Wars: The Old Republic PC exclusive game later today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b01abbec19e9
deactivated-5b01abbec19e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b01abbec19e9
Member since 2018 • 104 Posts

I like Star Wars but can they just put the damn series on like a hiatus or something?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RSM-HQ
@mario54324 said:

I like Star Wars but can they just put the damn series on like a hiatus or something?

Sad answer is "no" and that's because the fanbase thinks Star Wars makes anything better_

Even before the movie reboot, your want will never happen, it's a matter of supply and demand. The fans would take anything thrown off a bridge.

Sales for even the horribly received Star Wars Kinect tells us Star War fans will buy any garbage.

Then keep in mind quite a few Star War fans here defended Battlefront IIs microtransaction business model. I recall one even calling it a GotY contender.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Damn, why do you hate Star Wars so much ?

Kinect Star Wars was bad because Kinect sucked.

But Star Wars had lots of great games before the PS3/Xbox360 generation.(Jedi Knight 2,Jedi Academy,Kotor1,2 , Rogue Squadron 1,2,3 , Starfighter , Racer , Republic Commando , Original Battlefront games etc)

@judaspete said:

May the 4th be with you all.

I'm thinking of downloading the Episode 3 game from PSN since the multiplayer Duel mode is supposedly pretty good, and a Jedi fighting game isn't anywhere on EA's radar. Probably pull out Rebel Strike at some point too.

How about you guys?

Well I played Jedi Academy multiplayer and also this new mod for JA.(Movie Duels Remastered)

I remember Episode 3 game was actually good.Even though that it was a little buggy and button mashy I couldn't stop replaying it when I owned it.(Sadly my cousin borrowed it and lost it)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

@dorog1995:

Damn, why do you hate Star Wars so much ?

What makes you think I do?

Rouge One was a pretty decent movie.

Back on the real issue. I usually dislike most games based on other media franchises. Because majority are bad/ mediocre games. And are 'almost' always rushed projects relying solely on making money from the cosmetic value alone. Released to schedule some film, television show, or event. This includes franchises I also find very enjoyable. And I'm not going to call 'all' Star War games bad. However from the selection I've played only one seemed alright, and it was a recommended demo of a ten+ year game_

Many of these Star War fans that buy into these poorly made games should have higher standards. When people buy anything with Star Wars printed on the cover, you are telling publishers that quality is an afterthought, and a brand is enough.

And seeing people defend and purchase that train-wreck last year; is a clear sign of my overall summary here_

You can gladly disagree and enjoy your Star War games regardless. I'm aware the cosmetic value is enough for some Gamers. I'm just not one of them.

InnerGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 InnerGame
Member since 2018 • 200 Posts

Oh, no! I forgot about May the 4th... I didn't play anything.