Pier Solar HD arrives in March 2014 (PS 3&4 added)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Crap, that trailer in the Wii U e-shop had me thinking it was sooner. Link.

Pier Solar HD, the Kickstarted remake of the Sega Genesis RPG Pier Solar, will be coming to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, Watermelon Games President Tulio Goncalves announced in a Kickstarter update. This is in addition to the previously planned PC, Xbox 360, Wii U, Mac, Android, Linux, Ouya and Dreamcast versions. The initial release of Pier Solar HD has also been delayed and is now planned to launch by March 2014.

In the initial update, Goncalves explained that repeated applications for the consideration of Pier Solar HD on the Xbox 360's Marketplace were not met with a response. After hearing about Microsoft's self-publishing program for the Xbox One, ID@Xbox, Goncalves applied for the program several times. Although the video update states Microsoft had not responded beyond a request for more information about the project, Watermelon Games has since commented on the post to confirm that Microsoft has contacted them.

While it's not an outright confirmation that Pier Solar HD will reach either the Xbox 360 or Xbox One, the comment states that it "looks like good news will be coming along!"

Still awaiting word on the Jaguar, 3DO, and Pippin versions. :P

Regardless, my body is ready. If their is one thing I really need more of in my gaming diet, it's a classic style JRPG.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#2 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

Loved this when I played it on the Sega Genesis/Sega CD.

It's awesome to see what was essentially a fan project come so far and achieve such success.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12034 Posts

That's cool. An old-school RPG coming to the PS4. I'll have to check it out when it arrives. :)

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

haven't been able to play the genesis version as prices were outrageous... but I was able to contribute to the kickstarter for the xbox 360 version.

pretty stoked - the kickstarter updates have been pretty cool.