PGD Recommendation Thread - Post "What game do I buy?" questions here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ThePimpChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 ThePimpChimp
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts

I'm thinking of buying Fallout New Vegas but it seems pretty buggy from the reviews, is it still worth buying or are there any other better sci-fi RPGs that i should get instead.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#302 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

I'm thinking of buying Fallout New Vegas but it seems pretty buggy from the reviews, is it still worth buying or are there any other better sci-fi RPGs that i should get instead.

ThePimpChimp
Chances are by now it will have been mostly patched. This, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect are all great sci-fi RPGs.
Sleepdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Sleepdead
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hey guys ! I'm new to the forums!! So since I have allot of free time, I need some recommendation for online games. Yes I am interested only on online games, games to spend all the free time I have. I recently bought Call of Duty Mw2, Black Ops was to much expensive. I loved that game, already beat the campaign mode and I'm having a good time playing it online. I also bought Final Fantasy 14, because I am a FF fan, I did see the review from gamespot / ign who appears to really don't like the game, but still bought it. I own a good gaming PC and a PS3, since psn is down, but I guess will be back online pretty soon ( or not ), I will like to see some of your recommendation for online games. All suggestion are really welcome and appreciate, I am interested in all kind of games ( FPS, RTS, MMORPG, Fighters....etc...) Since this is a Recommendation thread and I'm new to the forums I would like to share some of the games I play, and spend most of my time playing. I will only share with you online multiplayer games since that is what I am most into right now. ----------------------------------- Blizzard: Starcraft II Diablo II (Great campaign, you can play it on lan and online) World of Warcraft ------------------------------------ Steam: Call of duty Mw2 Left 4 dead 2 Counter Strike Source Day of the Defeat Everquest Free Steam Games AlienSwarm TrackMania ----------------------------------- PSN: Orange Box GTA 4 ---------------------------------- Those are the game I play. :-)
Sleepdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Sleepdead
[QUOTE="joshuababybot"]I need a good RTS game Rules -It has to be low graphics -It must be PURELY RTS (RTT and City Building DO NOT COUNT eg Total War or Civilization II) -It can't be Empire Earth (1 2 and 3) Any game from the CnC series or the Age of Empires series -It must be Historical (it can't be something like starcraft) -It must have multiplayer ANY SUGGESTIONS NOW ? **READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU POST, I GOT STUPID PEOPLE ON YAHOO ANSWERS AND I DON'T WANT SOME MORE ON GAMESPOT OK ? GOOD !**

I recommend you give a chance to Starcraft II, you can play it on low definition and it wont look that bad. I have a crappy laptop and it runs ok. You can always buy Starcraft Brood War, it's a great game, campaign is better than Starcraft II imo, but they are making Starcraft BW campaigns on Starcraft II, it has alot of players you wait like 10-30sec to find a player to play it online, its really challenging, and really addicting so be careful :-) But your best bet imo will be Warcraft III, it works great on a low spec pc, it has a great playerbase, BUT you have to create buildings. You can also try League of Legends, It's a free online game, it's really Warcraft 3 / Dota like, works great on low spec pc, I do not think it has a campaign though , BUT you don't create buildings!!!! :-) and has an awesome Playerbase. This is the first time I answer to someone on this forum so don't be to harsh with me, since you looked pretty strict with the game you are trying to find ;) Hope I helped ! ^^
jeromg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 jeromg
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hello everyone. Here is the deal.. I'm planning to buy a new game, and i decided the genre will be fighter. I know what fighters are avalible, and i've already checked out the reviews. But the problem is... I CAN'T DECIDE! here is what i figured out for myself so far: -Tekken 6: Advanced and challenging, won't get repetetive, because it takes time to master, and you'll be growing like forever. -Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninjastrom 2: i love naruto, and anime graphics. The gameplay seems superficial, not enough depth to keep playing. -Super Street fighter IV: seems like a cool classic, nice in depth system, don't know what other things besides classic mode it has to offer... -DBZ Raging blast: i don't have any idea?! Mortal Kombat is not an option, since my parents are too lame to let me play 18+ games (ESRB Mature rating) (i'm 14 years old, sensible and smart....) I really can't decide, and i need something that will keep me console-bound for the whole summer. It gotta be something that will be fun next summer too =) PLEASE, I NEED HELP!
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts

Should I get Final Fantasy XIII? I like RPGs (I'm open to different kinds of RPG gameplay) and I like games with long SP. Also I enjoy a good story. Is this game for me?

turtlethetaffer
If you like JRPG's you will probably enjoy it, it has its ups and downs, but its still a good title
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 KeredsBlaze
Ok, here's a few games that really sound good & people on here say good things about. But as you can see, I'm a fussy customer and keep hearing things wrong with them. I prefer my games linear-ish to open world, (I seem to be rubbish at sandboxers). -Bioshock: Too short? -Vanquish: Too short? -RE5: Is your partner too annoying? -Batman AA: Not sure if I like the look of it. -Mass Effect 2: Too open world? -R&C a crack in time: Too 'cartoony'? -Prince of Persia: Too easy? -InFamous: Too open world? I really like the look of the first 3 the best. Are my 'complaints' about them wrong? Which game from the list should I get which I'll enjoy & will last a while? P.S. I've got a PS3. Thanks in advance :)Weenski
Out of your first three, I would go Bioshock
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#310 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Should I get Final Fantasy XIII? I like RPGs (I'm open to different kinds of RPG gameplay) and I like games with long SP. Also I enjoy a good story. Is this game for me?

KeredsBlaze

If you like JRPG's you will probably enjoy it, it has its ups and downs, but its still a good title

Okay thanks Ill be sure to check it out. About how long is the main game?

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#311 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

Hello everyone. Here is the deal.. I'm planning to buy a new game, and i decided the genre will be fighter. I know what fighters are avalible, and i've already checked out the reviews. But the problem is... I CAN'T DECIDE! here is what i figured out for myself so far: -Tekken 6: Advanced and challenging, won't get repetetive, because it takes time to master, and you'll be growing like forever. -Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninjastrom 2: i love naruto, and anime graphics. The gameplay seems superficial, not enough depth to keep playing. -Super Street fighter IV: seems like a cool classic, nice in depth system, don't know what other things besides classic mode it has to offer... -DBZ Raging blast: i don't have any idea?! Mortal Kombat is not an option, since my parents are too lame to let me play 18+ games (ESRB Mature rating) (i'm 14 years old, sensible and smart....) I really can't decide, and i need something that will keep me console-bound for the whole summer. It gotta be something that will be fun next summer too =) PLEASE, I NEED HELP!jeromg

I'd go with Super Steet Fighter 4. It's not full price and it's packed with content :)

Sleepdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Sleepdead
[QUOTE="jeromg"]Hello everyone. Here is the deal.. I'm planning to buy a new game, and i decided the genre will be fighter. I know what fighters are avalible, and i've already checked out the reviews. But the problem is... I CAN'T DECIDE! here is what i figured out for myself so far: -Tekken 6: Advanced and challenging, won't get repetetive, because it takes time to master, and you'll be growing like forever. -Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninjastrom 2: i love naruto, and anime graphics. The gameplay seems superficial, not enough depth to keep playing. -Super Street fighter IV: seems like a cool classic, nice in depth system, don't know what other things besides classic mode it has to offer... -DBZ Raging blast: i don't have any idea?! Mortal Kombat is not an option, since my parents are too lame to let me play 18+ games (ESRB Mature rating) (i'm 14 years old, sensible and smart....) I really can't decide, and i need something that will keep me console-bound for the whole summer. It gotta be something that will be fun next summer too =) PLEASE, I NEED HELP!

Hey, I will gladly give my opinion on your question, I am also planning to buy a fighter game (for the ps3, unfortunately psn is down), I was thinking to get Marvel vs. Capcom 3, it seems to be a really challenging game and has all my favorite gaming characters, I recommend you check out some reviews, and its +12 so no worries with your parents ;) If you are a Naruto fanboy, pick up Naruto Shippuden Ultima Ninjastorm 2 it has amazing graphics, and you will fall in love with the game the first minutes you play it. I understand it's hard to choose from all the fighters out there, if you like anime, and if you have watched Naruto it in the past, if you know the story and the characters you will find it awesome, and you will want to try each characters it has to offer. It also has a great campaign, that most of the others fighters don't have. If you prefer a "3d" fighting game rather then a platform where you can only go left and right then NARUTO again :-) The only problem is that you may find it boring after playing it for a month. If I was going to buy a Fighting game, I will first look what are the ones that have the highest Playerbase, and challenge, I like challenging games that requires you to learn and spend some time to get good at, because that is going to take you most of your time, and you are less likely going to be bored with it (just my opinion). And of course the price of the game is always an issue, but since you pointed out only recent games that costs around 50-70$ I assume ( I live in Europe ), it wont be a problem. So check out Marvel vs Capcom 3, and about choosing a fighter game, see what your friends are playing, its always cool to play with friends, and against them, it will make you want to play more to get better than them. Cheers ;)
Sleepdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Sleepdead

[QUOTE="KeredsBlaze"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

turtlethetaffer

I spent around 25 hours on FFXIII, but didn't got to the end, I was pretty close to it though. I stopped playing because I hate the battle system as everyone else. That is because we FF lovers are used to the good old FF battle system and FF XII and XIII looked pretty odd for us. If you are new to the final fantasy series you may want to try Final Fantasy 7, nothing beats that game, it's my favorite game of all time, you may find the graphics really odd, and hate it though. But hey, its an old game and only costs around 10$ on PSN, but PSN are on maintenance. For some reason I can't recomend you Final Fantasy XIII
Boredom1234567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Boredom1234567

Hello everyone. Here is the deal.. I'm planning to buy a new game, and i decided the genre will be fighter. I know what fighters are avalible, and i've already checked out the reviews. But the problem is... I CAN'T DECIDE! here is what i figured out for myself so far: -Tekken 6: Advanced and challenging, won't get repetetive, because it takes time to master, and you'll be growing like forever. -Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninjastrom 2: i love naruto, and anime graphics. The gameplay seems superficial, not enough depth to keep playing. -Super Street fighter IV: seems like a cool classic, nice in depth system, don't know what other things besides classic mode it has to offer... -DBZ Raging blast: i don't have any idea?! Mortal Kombat is not an option, since my parents are too lame to let me play 18+ games (ESRB Mature rating) (i'm 14 years old, sensible and smart....) I really can't decide, and i need something that will keep me console-bound for the whole summer. It gotta be something that will be fun next summer too =) PLEASE, I NEED HELP!jeromg

I keep thinking about getting Tekken its cheap like 10 bucks... If its 10 bucks I wouldnt see y not get it, and its always had good reviews.

When I was a kid, Dragon Ball Z was my favorite show ever, and nothing can replace that show, I would still watch it now if it was still running but sadly not. I heard all those tenkaichi games sucked (only on ps3 which i dont have), but then came out Raging Blast. I bought it because i loved dbz so much as a kid. The game was amazing I loved it, a year later Raging Blast 2 came out, it was so much better, up to date its probably one of my favorite games, maybe because it is good or maybe cause i loved DBZ so much. I would recommend getting both of them, if not atleast raging blast 2. Its lots of fun and will keep you busy during the summer. Childhood memories sigh lol. I hope they make a 3rd one, but who knows. That game came out in november 2010 (same day as block ops) and yet its still around 50 dollars, to me that makes it sound good that its still that high in price. I still havent even completed it, too much to do lol and I dont have enough time. I bought blue dragon last week, only played it 1 hour so far, sucks when you dont have time.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="KeredsBlaze"] If you like JRPG's you will probably enjoy it, it has its ups and downs, but its still a good titleSleepdead

I spent around 25 hours on FFXIII, but didn't got to the end, I was pretty close to it though. I stopped playing because I hate the battle system as everyone else. That is because we FF lovers are used to the good old FF battle system and FF XII and XIII looked pretty odd for us. If you are new to the final fantasy series you may want to try Final Fantasy 7, nothing beats that game, it's my favorite game of all time, you may find the graphics really odd, and hate it though. But hey, its an old game and only costs around 10$ on PSN, but PSN are on maintenance. For some reason I can't recomend you Final Fantasy XIII

Nah I'm not new to the series, I've played III and IV. I would play FFVII but I have no acess to a Playstation. (I have a Gamecube, 360 and Wii)

jeromg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 jeromg
With DBZ raging blast, i'm afraid i won't buy it for the same reason as for Naruto SUN2 The animations and specials look good, and amaze me (so do the characters) but i want an in depth fighting system, and i think i'll get bored of naruto and DBZ after a month...
jeromg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 jeromg
Right now, it's Teken6 VS Super StreetFighter IV To me it seems like SSF4=tekken combat diffiuclty and tekken time to master, but with more specials grabs and counters I'm not sure of this, but right now i like Streetfighter more. BTW Since u can get a welcome back game from sony, i'm sure i'll choose infamous. But wich game as second? i already have LBP2, and i'm not sure if it's worth it to get LBP1 just for the costumes and items. (i don't create much levels) I heard ratchet and clank quest for booty was the least of the series, so that one won't be it. For wipeout and deadnation i don't now it. can you coop in deadnation?
bibleaudio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 bibleaudio
Here's one to all you pet owners out there. Unplggd reader Brent asks: "I was curious if you could ask everyone about what vacuum cleaners or tech they use to keep their animal fur and dander under control? I recently got a dog and while I love the little guy, keeping all that hair from sticking to my clothes and socks is becoming a real chore.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#319 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

I'm looking for some good combat flight sims - preferably newer games. I have a PC and PS3.

DOM213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#320 DOM213

Well I need recommendation for a game thats fantasy RPG, RPG basicly,action-adventure games and such, well i like games like assassins creed series and such, I like games that are set in history/invented worlds and similar, i don't really like something like, Dead space/Starcraft/Mass Effect to be set in future but history. I hope someone knows something good.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 turtlethetaffer

Well I need recommendation for a game thats fantasy RPG, RPG basicly,action-adventure games and such, well i like games like assassins creed series and such, I like games that are set in history/invented worlds and similar, i don't really like something like, Dead space/Starcraft/Mass Effect to be set in future but history. I hope someone knows something good.

DOM213

What systems do you have? If you have a DS, I reccomend Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger (although there are times where you travel to the future), Dragon Quest IX and any of the Pokemon games.

DOM213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 DOM213

[QUOTE="DOM213"]

turtlethetaffer

What systems do you have? If you have a DS, I reccomend Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger (although there are times where you travel to the future), Dragon Quest IX and any of the Pokemon games.

Right, I have forgote to say, well I play games only on PC, nothing else.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="DOM213"]

DOM213

Right, I have forgote to say, well I play games only on PC, nothing else.

Oh well then can't help you there. the Knights of the Old Republic games are very good, but you said you don't want future settings so... I know my dad enjoyed the crap out of the old Might and Magic games, particularly Might and Magic VII. But I don't know if you're willing to go that far back.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#324 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

Oh well then can't help you there. the Knights of the Old Republic games are very good, but you said you don't want future settings so... I know my dad enjoyed the crap out of the old Might and Magic games, particularly Might and Magic VII. But I don't know if you're willing to go that far back.

turtlethetaffer

KOTOR has part future, but it has a strong fantasy feeling to it, I think. Mainly if you do the quests and converse with other people about the past. It's both sci-fi and fantasy (as I always say: fantasy can be in Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi can't be in fantasy...)

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 turtlethetaffer

JediXMan7

KOTOR has part future, but it has a strong fantasy feeling to it, I think. Mainly if you do the quests and converse with other people about the past. It's both sci-fi and fantasy (as I always say: fantasy can be in Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi can't be in fantasy...)

I agree I just don't know if the guy i was talking to would enjoy it. But yeah awesome games.

patto87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 patto87
Member since 2008 • 860 Posts

Firstly please keep fanboy comments to yourself.

So I have a PS3 and a 360 and I'm trying to decide what system I should buy LA Noire for. I do most of my gaming on my 360 as I'm not a fan of the PS3 for shooter type games.

But I'm going to assume that the graphics are better on the PS3 and therefore it will be easier to pick up on the visual ques this game uses on the PS3?

Is this a fair assumption or just crap?

Your input would be appreciated.

Cheers

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 turtlethetaffer

So I have a PS3 and a 360 and I'm trying to decide what system I should buy LA Noire for. I do most of my gaming on my 360 as I'm not a fan of the PS3 for shooter type games.

But I'm going to assume that the graphics are better on the PS3 and therefore it will be easier to pick up on the visual ques this game uses on the PS3?

Cheers

patto87

I think LA Noire on PS3 has an extra missions or something so if I had the choice I would get it on PS3.

DOM213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 DOM213

[QUOTE="JediXMan7"]

turtlethetaffer

I agree I just don't know if the guy i was talking to would enjoy it. But yeah awesome games.

Well i played KOTOR1 and 2 and its pretty good, i liked it :D and for Might and magic, well didn't play it, but I played Heroes 3,4 I dont know whats the name exactly...I think i will get The Witcher 2 for now :)

jeromg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 jeromg
Hi, could anyone tell me if i should buy Tekken6 or Super StreetFighter IV? i'm looking for a good indepth fighting system, and cool specials. The most important thing is, that it has to be playable for months and months and years...
freemind13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 freemind13
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

For reasons I won't go into, I've lost access to my xbox360, and am reduced to using my psp. I'm suffering from major Mass Effect withdrawal. Unfortunately Bioware have yet to make any games for the psp, so I'm looking for the best alternative fix. I also like games like Fallout, Fable and Elder Scrolls. It can be a psp game or an old ps1 game, but what I'm looking for is:

• A game with really in depth and meaningful character interaction, and good voice acting
  • A deep and epic story
  • An interesting and engaging world
  • Exciting and fluid action
  • 3d graphics and a cinematic feel

Obviously the psp isn't capable of the same things as home consoles, so I'm looking for the best combination of the above you can think of.

Avatar image for WhatsaGoon2aGob
WhatsaGoon2aGob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 WhatsaGoon2aGob
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
looking for a co op offline campaign game for me and my wife. played gears army of 2 l4d res evil 5 vegas 2 jus finished borderlands lookin for another game. any suggestions?
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 vadicta

looking for a co op offline campaign game for me and my wife. played gears army of 2 l4d res evil 5 vegas 2 jus finished borderlands lookin for another game. any suggestions?WhatsaGoon2aGob

My girlfriend and I had a blast playing through Dead Rising 2 several times together :D

Avatar image for WhatsaGoon2aGob
WhatsaGoon2aGob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 WhatsaGoon2aGob
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
thanks. is it co op campaign? split screen?
Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#335 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
[QUOTE="jeromg"]Hi, could anyone tell me if i should buy Tekken6 or Super StreetFighter IV? i'm looking for a good indepth fighting system, and cool specials. The most important thing is, that it has to be playable for months and months and years...

I've not played Super Street Fighter but I bought Tekken 6 upon release, kept it for about two weeks and sold it on Ebay. It's not like the previous Tekken games, wasn't as fun and addictive. (Just my opinion).
patto87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 patto87
Member since 2008 • 860 Posts

I thought it was only system link?

Kagai13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Kagai13
Member since 2010 • 571 Posts
Hi! I need some PC game to play with my 4 years old brother. We finished Angry Birds (he can play it) and Plants vs. Zombies (he just looks). I want that game to be simple enough for 4 years old to understand and not scarier than PvZ. It could be some tower defense or Angry-Birds-like (I don't know what genre it is). Please?
Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Weenski
Hi! I need some PC game to play with my 4 years old brother. We finished Angry Birds (he can play it) and Plants vs. Zombies (he just looks). I want that game to be simple enough for 4 years old to understand and not scarier than PvZ. It could be some tower defense or Angry-Birds-like (I don't know what genre it is). Please?Kagai13
I recently bought Toy Story Racer, the PS one game. My four year old son loves it and beats me at it. (I got it from PSN a couple of months ago). I know it's not a PC game but I'm sure there is a way around that. I tried to post a more detailed reply but kept getting the stupid 'Your HTML is not well formed' message.
FrancescaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 FrancescaC

Hi, so far I have really only played Zelda Twilight Princess. I loved it but was very bad at fighting, and I never finished it (did 12 out of 14 levels). I then tried Okami which was beautiful but frustrating and boring; Fragile Dreams whch was beautiful to look at but ulitmately lame; Prince of Persia, the Sands of Time - got stuck adn wasn't interested enought o keep trying (whereas in Zelda I got stuck a thousand times and jsut kept going)and Monster hunter tri which was just too hard and a bit infantile. I am looking for a single player game which has great puzzles, great enivronments, and great exploring - loved being able to do things in Zelda like ride a giant boar around the desert, and snowboard down a mountain on a snowflake, etc. I am thinking of buying a new console - we bought the wii for my son but there doesn't seem to be a lot of good games for it.I don't like mega violence,or misogynistic sexual politics...is there anything out there I would like? I am thinking maybe Oblivion: Elder Scrolls, but only if it has puzzles - not just fighting... also Final Fantasy 13 looks like it has great grphics and an interesting storyline but is it all just fighting??

Cheers

Frankie

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 KeredsBlaze
[QUOTE="patto87"]

Cheers

they look the same on both, btw it really isn't much of a shooter
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 KeredsBlaze

[QUOTE="KeredsBlaze"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

idk, maybe 40 hrs or so
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 turtlethetaffer

Hi, so far I have really only played Zelda Twilight Princess. I loved it but was very bad at fighting, and I never finished it (did 12 out of 14 levels). I then tried Okami which was beautiful but frustrating and boring; Fragile Dreams whch was beautiful to look at but ulitmately lame; Prince of Persia, the Sands of Time - got stuck adn wasn't interested enought o keep trying (whereas in Zelda I got stuck a thousand times and jsut kept going)and Monster hunter tri which was just too hard and a bit infantile. I am looking for a single player game which has great puzzles, great enivronments, and great exploring - loved being able to do things in Zelda like ride a giant boar around the desert, and snowboard down a mountain on a snowflake, etc. I am thinking of buying a new console - we bought the wii for my son but there doesn't seem to be a lot of good games for it.I don't like mega violence,or misogynistic sexual politics...is there anything out there I would like? I am thinking maybe Oblivion: Elder Scrolls, but only if it has puzzles - not just fighting... also Final Fantasy 13 looks like it has great grphics and an interesting storyline but is it all just fighting??

Cheers

Frankie

FrancescaC

My best recomendation is getting another Zelda game. My personal favorite is Majora's Mask but maybe you should try the Wind Waker.

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 vadicta

Cheers

Frankie

FrancescaC

Perhaps you should give Lost in Shadow a shot. It's on the Wii, has a really nice art styIe and tons of puzzles.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
So I have been in the Harry Potter mood lately and was wondering what is the best game to buy? Order of the Phoenix and the Half Blood Prince look nice and it would be fun to be able to explore Hogwarts. So is one of the earlier ones better or which is the best between these two?
Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#346 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts

My favorite genre is shooters.

I hated Operation Flashpoint and Vanquish(i think im the only one)..

Are there any good single player games that have a good campaign?

My birthday was on 'judgement' day and I got about 150$ to spend.

WHat games would you recommend?

Oh and just cuz I like shooters a lot doesnt mean Im not open to other genres!

Im a very open minded person. And am willing to try new genres.

I have played Bioshock, COD series, FEAR series,Gears and Halo.

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#347 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

Kocelot

I'd recommend Vanquish.

No online game mode though so it's all about the story (and challenges, after)

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Weenski
^Sorry dude but he said he hated Vanquish.
xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#349 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

^Sorry dude but he said he hated Vanquish.Weenski

I know :P and I don't understand why

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 turtlethetaffer

Kocelot

There's an upcoming game called RAGE that looks like it may have what you're looking for. Now it hasn't been released, but it's main focus is supposed to be campaign and story.