PGD Recommendation Thread - Post "What game do I buy?" questions here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts
So basically, I need a fairly old game (PC) to last me until Portal 2 comes out in about a month. I'm willing to spend in the region of 10-15 pounds, since I'm saving up for some other stuff. My choices are Bioshock, Crysis and Half-Life 2 plus the episodes. Which one will last me the longest, which one is most replayable, which is best gameplay wise and, overall, which is best?
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

So basically, I need a fairly old game (PC) to last me until Portal 2 comes out in about a month. I'm willing to spend in the region of 10-15 pounds, since I'm saving up for some other stuff. My choices are Bioshock, Crysis and Half-Life 2 plus the episodes. Which one will last me the longest, which one is most replayable, which is best gameplay wise and, overall, which is best?TheOtherTheoG

You should get Half Life 2 + the episodes. IMO they have the best story, they've got a lot of tricky physics puzzels and overall the best story.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#153 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

So basically, I need a fairly old game (PC) to last me until Portal 2 comes out in about a month. I'm willing to spend in the region of 10-15 pounds, since I'm saving up for some other stuff. My choices are Bioshock, Crysis and Half-Life 2 plus the episodes. Which one will last me the longest, which one is most replayable, which is best gameplay wise and, overall, which is best?TheOtherTheoG

Tough call. Half Life 2 is probably one of the best FPS titles ever overall. I think it has the best story and gameplay, certainly. Although I think Crysis and Bioshock have it beat in terms of replayability. Bioshock, especially, which has different endings and a few choices throughout the course of the game. Bioshock's story is also great, and the world it takes place in is very unique. Crysis has solid gameplay, and takes a while to complete, but the story is lacking imo.

You can't go wrong with any of them, but I think Half Life 2 with the episodes is the best choice, followed very closely by Bioshock. Crysis is great, but the other two offer more what you're looking for.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#154 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Looking for gift ideas for my fiances 25th... The ultimate gift would have been the Crysis 2: Nano Edition, but I got in too late & they are all sold out:( He says he'll be happy with the limited edition version, which I've pre-ordered but i'd like to get him something else as a surprise. He's mentioned wanting a kinect... but the games available seem pretty pathetic so far & considering how often he plays the Wii (never) I imagine his interest would fade pretty quick.... I've come up with Fallout: New Vegas, Bulletstorm: Epic Edition, Dead Space 2.... or some nerdy marvel hero merchandise from Kings Comics. But I'm a girl so what do I know :/ So... any info or advice on the games above or any suggestions on any all out shooters, in-depth rpg or DC/Marvel related games that might tickle his fancy?zombekks

So I take it he games on the Xbox 360? If that's the case, does he enjoy Gears of War? He might appreciate the Gears of War 3 beta included with the Bulletstorm Epic Edition. Otherwise, do you know how many shooters he has? If he really likes Crysis, does he like say Call of Duty, Halo, or Battlefield? If so, he might like Bulletstorm because its another shooter (and its different at that).

Of course, New Vegas and Dead Space 2 are good choices. Considering he likes RPGs, or enjoyed the first Dead Space, which shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

nightoraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 nightoraven
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
So, my budget is only $30. The games I'm thinking of buying are Mount & Blade: Warband, or Dawn of War 2: Retribution. My comp specs are a bit low. I know full well that I'll be able to run M&B Warband (played the demo), it has a good range of graphical options. I'm not sure about Retribution. Sooo, which game should I buy? and does Retribution have a good range of graphical options to support low-end pcs? Which has more players? And which is better, not repetitive, and long-lasting? Thanks a bunch.
dom2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 dom2000
Member since 2004 • 505 Posts
[QUOTE="nightoraven"]So, my budget is only $30. The games I'm thinking of buying are Mount & Blade: Warband, or Dawn of War 2: Retribution. My comp specs are a bit low. I know full well that I'll be able to run M&B Warband (played the demo), it has a good range of graphical options. I'm not sure about Retribution. Sooo, which game should I buy? and does Retribution have a good range of graphical options to support low-end pcs? Which has more players? And which is better, not repetitive, and long-lasting? Thanks a bunch.

Never played dawn of war 2 but mount and blade warband is a great game and i have spent alot of time on it! I would fully recommend it!
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

So, my budget is only $30. The games I'm thinking of buying are Mount & Blade: Warband, or Dawn of War 2: Retribution. My comp specs are a bit low. I know full well that I'll be able to run M&B Warband (played the demo), it has a good range of graphical options. I'm not sure about Retribution. Sooo, which game should I buy? and does Retribution have a good range of graphical options to support low-end pcs? Which has more players? And which is better, not repetitive, and long-lasting? Thanks a bunch.nightoraven

If you're looking for a long-lasting game get M&B. That's a no thinker. It's got a good singleplayer and an active multiplayer community, especially if you have mods installed.

airsidelimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 airsidelimo
for me games are just to sit and relax so that your mind goes out from these tensions so i like to play some easy games but i will try the games mentioned above
TheRedChannels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 TheRedChannels
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

Is Metro 2033 any good? I'm trying to decide what my next rental via GameFly oughta be. I'd tell you what I like in a game but it's kinda hard for me to pin down. I like atmospheric, story driven games - a la Dead Space series - but I get bored easily if the gameplay isn't compelling enough. I've seen reviews and they all seem pretty mediocre, but then I see it get mentioned so much in a positive light by the everyman gamer. Advice?

TheJayhawksWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 TheJayhawksWin
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts

Crysis 2 PC, Fight Night Champion PS3, or Forza 3 Xbox? I know thats a weirds assortment of games but I can't decide.

TheRedChannels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 TheRedChannels
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

Crysis 2 PC, Fight Night Champion PS3, or Forza 3 Xbox? I know thats a weirds assortment of games but I can't decide.

TheJayhawksWin
Depends what you're in the mood for. You basically just named three games which are the cream of the crop in their respective genres. If you had said you were in the mood for an FPS I'd have suggested Crysis 2. If you said you were in the mood for boxing or fighting I'd have said FNC. If you said you wanted a racing game, I would've said Forza. Yes, even above Gran Turismo. As of right now I'm really hooked on Crysis 2 though. It's really addicting. The campaign is long and satisfying and the multiplayer is like crack. I found myself saying "okay, just one more match" from two to four in the morning yesterday until I just couldn't keep my eyelids open. It's like that. But that's just me.
mariomaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#162 mariomaster16
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

I was thinkig about playing the game DragonSaga, the online MMO. Does anyone know if it's worth playing?

zimarm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 zimarm5
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

There is this new Iphone zombie game "Attack of the Mall Zombies", has anyone purchased and played this yet? It's only $.99 however just wanted to ask before I buy it. It really looks cool.....

AnGryPOETry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 AnGryPOETry
So im about to trade in a couple of games to gamestop, get some cash and buy a game. However, i cant seem to make up my mind whether i want crysis 2 or killzone 3. I havent played any of the other previous games in the series and I heard that they are both really good. BUT if you had to pick one, which will it be??? and if you can elaborate on why, then share that aswell. Side Note: im waiting for dark souls and skyrim to come out, and I want to have some game to play in the mean while. Im looking for replayability mostly, i dont mind minor bugs or momentary lags and freezes, just something that will help kill time, as long as its not drugs :/
sweetpotatofry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#167 sweetpotatofry
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts
[QUOTE="AnGryPOETry"]So im about to trade in a couple of games to gamestop, get some cash and buy a game. However, i cant seem to make up my mind whether i want crysis 2 or killzone 3. I havent played any of the other previous games in the series and I heard that they are both really good. BUT if you had to pick one, which will it be??? and if you can elaborate on why, then share that aswell. Side Note: im waiting for dark souls and skyrim to come out, and I want to have some game to play in the mean while. Im looking for replayability mostly, i dont mind minor bugs or momentary lags and freezes, just something that will help kill time, as long as its not drugs :/

I enjoyed Killzone 3 more, but the short length of the campaign really bugs me. Killzone 3 has better multiplayer- the maps are more varied and interesting, and the changing objectives makes it tons of fun- but I generally play games for the single player campaign, and Crysis 2 is significantly longer in that regard.
sweetpotatofry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#168 sweetpotatofry
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

Just played Yakuza 3, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in adventure games. The story is superb, the combat is addictive and there is so much to do and see here. One of the first games I've played in a long time in which I have a really hard time turning the console off. I'm definitely going to pick up Yakuza 4 sometime soon.

Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Serioussamik
Member since 2010 • 773 Posts

Hi guys!

I am yet to play a Call of Duty game for the PS2 and decided to get one. I have palyed all COD titles on the PC barring COD 3(PS3).The question is get which one will I get -1)Call of Duty 2:Big Red One or 2)COD:World at War Final Fronts.

I don't go multiplayer on the PS2 and all I need is a good SP campaign.Which of the above COD will be worthwhile? Any help will be appreciated! :D

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

I want to know about any good XBLA exclusives. I want to hear about any good ones since I've been 360less until a couple months ago and I'm ready to see what I've been missing out on. I already have Super Meat Boy and that's it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#171 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts
Ok should I get Crysis 2, or Vanquish today? I would buy either for my 360 as my PS3 is for PS2 and exclusives. I always am behind the market in games as I dont have unlimited funds or time, so Vanquish is among the many in my backlog.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#172 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

I want to know about any good XBLA exclusives. I want to hear about any good ones since I've been 360less until a couple months ago and I'm ready to see what I've been missing out on. I already have Super Meat Boy and that's it.

TSNAKE617
beyond Good and Evil HD, Shadow Complex, are two in my library.
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 TSNAKE617

[QUOTE="TSNAKE617"]

cainetao11

beyond Good and Evil HD, Shadow Complex, are two in my library.

Thanks, I didn't know they made an HD version of Beyond Good and Evil, which I loved.

73X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 73X
Member since 2008 • 1545 Posts

Hello all,

I'll be buying a DSi later this week and I'd like help picking one of the following RPGs to break it in with: Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You, or Final Fantasy IV. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

Hello all,

I'll be buying a DSi later this week and I'd like help picking one of the following RPGs to break it in with: Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You, or Final Fantasy IV. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

73X
If you are in the mood for something different I would go with TWEWY.
Mafty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#176 Mafty
Member since 2003 • 74 Posts
I thoroughly did not enjoy killzone 3, maybe because those style FPS arent my thing, but it was just soooo linear and such a weak story. Currently on dragon age 2, and very much liking it. Its a giant sandbox, the story is kinda weak so far (act 2). But I enjoy it none the less
73X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 73X
Member since 2008 • 1545 Posts
[QUOTE="73X"]

Hello all,

Dracula68
If you are in the mood for something different I would go with TWEWY.

That's what I was leaning toward. I'll go with that then. Thanks!
BLUNT_Smokerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 BLUNT_Smokerr
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts
I lost my PS3 hard drive and was wondering which game I should start over with in your opinion... Red Dead Fallout 3 or NV Mass Effect 2 Just Cause 2 Resistance 1 or 2
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
[QUOTE="73X"]

Hello all,

Chrono Trigger for sure
Gamerstevo666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#180 Gamerstevo666
Member since 2011 • 50 Posts

I've searched and thought, and I still don't know which platform to get it on.

First off, I can get the PC version for £8.99 and the console version for £17.99, Ultimate edition costs £19.99 (not sure what comes with that)

NONE of my friends have BFBC2, so it doesn't matter about which platform it's on with friends.

My computer will probably be able to run it at at High or next to high settings, so better graphics is obviously better.PC can hold 8 more people than xbox, is this good or bad?

I've heard PC gets hacked a lot. Is this true?I've also heard that on PC, you can get kicked from games, sometimes for no reason? Does this happen often?

Which will I find matches easier on? Which has more of a social community? Is there more skilled players on the PC? If you have it on Xbox and PC, which do you prefer?

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 TSNAKE617

I lost my PS3 hard drive and was wondering which game I should start over with in your opinion... Red Dead Fallout 3 or NV Mass Effect 2 Just Cause 2 Resistance 1 or 2BLUNT_Smokerr

I'd definitely go with Red Dead. One of my favorite games from 2010.

puggl3king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 puggl3king
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Question? whats better grand ages rome civ city rome or civilization IV? :)? as title says i am buyin atleast of em here ina bit but wantin some opinions what do u thinks better Grand Ages Rome CivCity Rome or Sid Meiers Civilization IV im thinkin between grand ages an civcity rome atm i think but i just dont know lol
Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#184 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
Hi, I have a PS3. I loved 'Uncharted 2' big time, also a big fan of RE4. what AA game do you rekon I'd like? (I dont really like AC2) I'm also after a driving or sports game (I don't do football games), is GT5 worth getting? I haven't played a lot of games so it can be old ones. Thanks.
CaptCharlatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 CaptCharlatan
I decided to buy a new FPS game, and so far, i got 2 games on my list. Crysis 2 or Killzone 3.So far, after reading many reviews i still can't decide.
Avatar image for xXSmall_DwarfXx
xXSmall_DwarfXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 xXSmall_DwarfXx
What are some RPG and or MMO Adventure games for the Ps3. I got Uncharted, LOTR, and Dead Space. I know their are some RPG-Ps3 conquerers, what do you recommend? Oo
slarrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 slarrk

Are there any games out there that are pure turn based fighting. No going around on a board or following a story.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#188 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

The Dead Money expansion for New Vegas is starting to piss me off. There is way too much trial and error stuff towards the end. I just want to get back to the wasteland.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

The Dead Money expansion for New Vegas is starting to piss me off. There is way too much trial and error stuff towards the end. I just want to get back to the wasteland.

rragnaar
Wrong thread?
georgethomas88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 georgethomas88
COD 6! XD
nullifygirls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 nullifygirls
Pokemon Heart Gold, maybe u like it
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I decided to buy a new FPS game, and so far, i got 2 games on my list. Crysis 2 or Killzone 3.So far, after reading many reviews i still can't decide.CaptCharlatan
crysis 2 would get my vote
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#193 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

Dracula68
Wrong thread?

:lol:... most definitely.
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#195 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

Are there any games out there that are pure turn based fighting. No going around on a board or following a story.

slarrk

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Turn based fighting is vague. Do you have any examples that demonstrate what you're looking for?

Dizzzyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#196 Dizzzyness
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts

What Ps3 games?

I have black ops,Borderlands,Infamous,Uncharted 2,Resistence 2 .I'mwant to get Mass Effect 2 and my brother wants Just Cause 2..What are some good split screen games or free roam/ rpg games.

Pokemaster1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Pokemaster1337
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts
Looking for a RPG, where you control just one character, not party one like DA/ME, for PC.
chrisgreen2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 chrisgreen2008
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i have found that fall out new vegas on xbox is best game i ever played . it has a mix of evrything, not just a shooter, but you have a story which depending how you play can change game . My question is , is there any other games like this ?
davros878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#199 davros878
Member since 2008 • 134 Posts

Try Far Cry 2. Trust me

davros878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#200 davros878
Member since 2008 • 134 Posts

I got 600 wii points. any reccomendations?