PGD Recommendation Thread - Post "What game do I buy?" questions here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

Looking for an open world zombie game.

vadicta

Besides Dead Rising?

Isn't that like a small map and nothing to explore?

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#52 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

[QUOTE="vadicta"]

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

Looking for an open world zombie game.

metroidprime55

Besides Dead Rising?

Well, the second one's quite a bit bigger. I'd say there's quite a bit to explore in it.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

[QUOTE="vadicta"]

Besides Dead Rising?

vadicta

Well, the second one's quite a bit bigger. I'd say there's quite a bit to explore in it.

Hm, I'll have to check it out.

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 morbid_warrior
Member since 2011 • 229 Posts

Out of the following games which would you recommend for a playthrough the most, from a story perspective? I'm looking for something that's truly special but that's also easy to get into: Final Fantays VI Final Fantasy VII Final Fantasy VIII Final Fantasy IX Final Fantasy XII Final Fantasy Tactics Vagrant Story Lost Oddysey Parasite Eve Chrono Cross Xenosaga Baten Kaitos Soma Bringer [Insert any Megami Tensei game here] Shadow Hearts Valkyrie Profile Killer7 Silent Hill A Metal Gear game outside of the 4 primary entries Mother/Earthbound Infinite Space Phantom of Inferno Remember 11: The Age of Infinity 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors Contact Flower, Sun, and Rain The World Ends With You Planescape: Torment Baldur's Gate Assassin's Creed Deus Ex Beyond Good and Evil Tactics Ogre Thanks in advance! : DRostorCrytea

I havent played quite a few of the gaqmes mentioned in your list...but i think you should play assassins creed...it's really good fun...the fast part isnt all that great but the 2nd is amazing...n the 3rd is coming out soon..:)

flyingterp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 flyingterp1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
So I have Dead Space 2 beat it and loved the game. I have seen the trailer for the new DLC it looks pretty awesome. I don't find Dead Space 2's online multiplayer overly enjoyable, so I was thinking about trading it in for Origins since Origins is cheap now. The DLC however has made me think twice. What should I do?
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 vadicta

So I have Dead Space 2 beat it and loved the game. I have seen the trailer for the new DLC it looks pretty awesome. I don't find Dead Space 2's online multiplayer overly enjoyable, so I was thinking about trading it in for Origins since Origins is cheap now. The DLC however has made me think twice. What should I do?flyingterp1

You could hold out, play through the Game + Mode and wait until the DLC comes out, play through it and trade it in later.

francisoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 francisoc
Member since 2010 • 80 Posts

Well, I´m in doubt. I wanna buy batman arkham asylum (i know, i know... a bit late but I'm in love with it) and killzone3/crysis. The thing is i can

only buy ONE of them. Do you guys think batman's worth it? or should i buy killzone/crysis and wait for arkham city? I want your opinion and thx in advance.

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tepni
Member since 2008 • 3214 Posts
[QUOTE="tepni"]

I really enjoyed my gamecube when I had it, and playing Harvest moon and Animal Crossing on it.

I have a PS3, an XBOX360, and a DS.

I just never know what games to get!

I also like Kingdom Hearts and FF 10.

Any recommendations..?

YoBrandino
Get the Rune Factory games for the DS (spin off from Harvest Moon), Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero, Dragon Quest Iv V & VI, and Final Fantasy III & IV. And for the 360, you should get Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, and the Viva Pinata games. Also you would probably like World of Keflings off of Xbox Live Arcade. For the PS3, you should get Final Fantasy XIII.

Thank you! A lot of those look cool, I think I'd like some of them.
morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 morbid_warrior

Hey guys...Need some help again..I've been wanting to play Fallout for a while so finally decided to pick it up but I'm not sure where to start...I havent played any of the parts.. Do I have to play the previous parts before playing the most recent one or should I start from the beginning? Thanks in advance..

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 morbid_warrior

Well, I´m in doubt. I wanna buy batman arkham asylum (i know, i know... a bit late but I'm in love with it) and killzone3/crysis. The thing is i can

only buy ONE of them. Do you guys think batman's worth it? or should i buy killzone/crysis and wait for arkham city? I want your opinion and thx in advance.

francisoc

Dude in my opinion Batman is totally worth it...I loved it and am awaiting the arrival of the next part - Arkham City..:)

allthatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 allthatdown
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts

Hey guys...Need some help again..I've been wanting to play Fallout for a while so finally decided to pick it up but I'm not sure where to start...I havent played any of the parts.. Do I have to play the previous parts before playing the most recent one or should I start from the beginning? Thanks in advance..

morbid_warrior

Nah both Fallout 3 ands New Vegas are their own stories, so you will have no trouble picking up either of them.

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 morbid_warrior

[QUOTE="morbid_warrior"]

allthatdown

Nah both Fallout 3 ands New Vegas are their own stories, so you will have no trouble picking up either of them.

Thanks man..so should i go with New Vegas or 3?

AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

[QUOTE="allthatdown"]

[QUOTE="morbid_warrior"]

morbid_warrior

I think New Vegas' story is better because you're offered more choices you can make. But that experience can be ruined because of the bugs, but you can download the newest patch which fixes MOST but NOT ALL bugs.

Fallout 3's story is cool, and it differs from the previous games because its set on the East Coast.

So i reccomend New Vegas, but dont start playing untill you have the latest patch.

allthatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 allthatdown

[QUOTE="morbid_warrior"]

[QUOTE="allthatdown"]

AleksandarTale

I think New Vegas' story is better because you're offered more choices you can make. But that experience can be ruined because of the bugs, but you can download the newest patch which fixes MOST but NOT ALL bugs.

Fallout 3's story is cool, and it differs from the previous games because its set on the East Coast.

So i reccomend New Vegas, but dont start playing untill you have the latest patch.

I also recommend NV I thought it was just a better game overall.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

[QUOTE="allthatdown"]

[QUOTE="morbid_warrior"]

morbid_warrior

I say Fallout 3. The atmosphere is better and I found the quests to be a little more enjoyable, plus the game of the year edition can be picked up dirt cheap. That's not to say New Vegas is a bad game - it's massive, offers more choices, includes factions etc - but I think Fallout 3 has a certain charisma and atmosphere that New Vegas couldn't match. Or, get them both! :D
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
@Rostor, that's a long list, but the ones that stand out the most to me in terms of story are FFVII, FFIX, Lost Odyssey, and Chrono Cross
francisoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 francisoc
Member since 2010 • 80 Posts

[QUOTE="francisoc"]

morbid_warrior

Dude in my opinion Batman is totally worth it...I loved it and am awaiting the arrival of the next part - Arkham City..:)

Thanks dude, I guess I'm really going with batman. I can get crysis 2 by the middle of the year. =)

AdrianJNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AdrianJNYC
Member since 2011 • 76 Posts

[QUOTE="morbid_warrior"]

[QUOTE="francisoc"]

francisoc

Thanks dude, I guess I'm really going with batman. I can get crysis 2 by the middle of the year. =)

I'll say buy either Killzone or Crysis.
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
fallout new vegas is wonderfull but so is fallout 3. I would play fallout 3 first. New vegas builds further on the story, allthough you can play without having played fallout 3. I liked them both a lot and i know some people talking about a lot of differences and there are but it's basically just a sequel but a very good sequel. The bugs i didn't have a lot of trouble with. To be honest i liked fallout 3 a little more but just a little they're both epic games.
irongun439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 irongun439
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
My birthday is coming up in late March. Looking for a fun FPS, with good and addicting online multiplayer. Thinking about HomeFront. Any Ideas? (xbox 360, already have CoD 5,6,7 and I have owned bf2.)
Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#71 Atheno
Member since 2004 • 1902 Posts

So, I like to think of my self as a system collector. I say this because I do not collect the games, just the system them selves, and it's not always for playing them or even having them, as so much is it about cleaning the systems and keeping them safe. Like a part of history for games. So I finally came across something iv been keeping my eyes open for. A dreamcast..it belonged to an older gentleman about in his 70's. He hardly played it, but he smoked a lot so I had to scrub out the stains to get it back to glittering whiteness. Once that was all done, I sat down with two controllers, a memory card, or VMU, and three games, one of which does not work. The three games are,

SlaveZero, Hydro Thunder, and Airforce Delta (which does not work for..what ever reason)

I actually want to play around with this system though, I feel like it's an important part of gaming, so I was wondering what games I should get or try to get? I'm already buying Marvel vs Capcom 2, Resident evil code veronica, and I'm not a big fan of Sonic, so what other games should I look for?

Pst me a reply if that works better

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 morbid_warrior

Thanks for all your suggestions...It really helped..I got New Vegas..but where can i get the latest patch for it?

allthatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 allthatdown

Thanks for all your suggestions...It really helped..I got New Vegas..but where can i get the latest patch for it?

morbid_warrior

What system did you get it for? I'm pretty sure Ps3 and Xbox 360 versions update on startup(assuming you have an internet connection). And if you have the Pc version I believe it requires Steam so Steam should automatically update it also.

sob085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 sob085
Love lego harry potter is there any other games like this for dsi?
MilkyBarKid16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 MilkyBarKid16
Member since 2009 • 195 Posts

I was moderated for posting this message on the Xbox 360 forum (for ignoring a sticky) don't get me moderated because I was not tols in th moderation message where to put my post! Here goes (again)

I want a new racing game and I have a few that I have wanted to buy for quite a while and haven't because of various things, so here's a list

NFS Shift

TDU2

Race Pro

Split Second Velocity

Burnout Paradise

Dirt (1)

(They are in no order of preference)

Can you please give me your top 3 and reasons why you like those games and why you don't like the others (only if you have played them of course!)

Thanks!!!

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

I need some help on deciding if I should get Velvet assassin? I watched some gameplay videos and thought it looked good, but then I decided to read the reviews and well it didn't do too good. From experience I've enjoyed games that were reviewed far worse, but I just want to make sure if its worth it.

poisonelf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 poisonelf1
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts

Opinions on getting Rift or Dragon age II.

First off, I really don't want a game I finish in a day like I did avatar. On this note, another canceled account with multiple max characters. So give some pro's and cons please. I have read alot on the forums on Rift and new release bumps, as well as already characters at level 50. So whats going to be more fun, and not a quick finish, max out end. Where obviously one of these is online on going, while the other is not.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#78 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I was moderated for posting this message on the Xbox 360 forum (for ignoring a sticky) don't get me moderated because I was not tols in th moderation message where to put my post! Here goes (again)

I want a new racing game and I have a few that I have wanted to buy for quite a while and haven't because of various things, so here's a list

Can you please give me your top 3 and reasons why you like those games and why you don't like the others (only if you have played them of course!)

Thanks!!!

MilkyBarKid16

I've only played Burnout Paradise, but I can definitely say that it's well worth checking out. Tons of content (and plenty of free add-ons that really change things up), plenty active online community, and generally splendid arcade style racing. Excellent game through and through. Highly recommend it.

AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AleksandarTale

I need some help on deciding if I should get Velvet assassin? I watched some gameplay videos and thought it looked good, but then I decided to read the reviews and well it didn't do too good. From experience I've enjoyed games that were reviewed far worse, but I just want to make sure if its worth it.

lbjkurono23

I like stealth games. I take my time while playing them, in Hitman Blood Money i play every level for at least half an hour so i can get Silent Assassin. In Assassin's Creed i use social stealth. But Velvet Assassin seemed a bit too boring even for me. The visuals are great, but the gameplay... not so much.

blacklion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 blacklion99
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

What do you think i should get blur or Need for speed hot pursuit?

AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AleksandarTale

blacklion99

Well blur is fun for the first few hours, but Hot Pursuit is fun all the time :) . Especially in multiplayer.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#82 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

I'm looking for a good martial arts video game - preferably on the PS3 but PC is acceptable too.

By this, I do not mean "fighting games" like Mortal Kombat. I prefer "action games" or something along those lines.

My game systems:

PS3
Wii
PC
DS
PSP (currently broken. I have to send it in)
PS2
Game Cube

xbox291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 xbox291
Member since 2010 • 102 Posts

should i get wrath of the lich king or the orange box

AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 AleksandarTale

should i get wrath of the lich king or the orange box

xbox291

Well if you're an FPS guy ( like me :D ) you should get The Orange Box. I haven't played any WoW game so i can't really tell you anything about Wrath of the Lich King.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

blacklion99
Blur. It was a lot more fun and way less repetitive than Hot Pursuit, which gets boring after the first fifteen minutes.
allthatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 allthatdown

I'm looking for a good martial arts video game - preferably on the PS3 but PC is acceptable too.

By this, I do not mean "fighting games" like Mortal Kombat. I prefer "action games" or something along those lines.

My game systems:

PS3
Wii
PC
DS
PSP (currently broken. I have to send it in)
PS2
Game Cube

JediXMan7

You could try Fist of the North Star:Ken's Rage for xbox 360 or ps3.

lincolnosiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lincolnosiris
Hey everyone, posted this in the wrong thread earlier sorry so here i am Im trying to decide which spider-man game thats out there rite now is better, web of shadows of shattered dimensions? i snooped around n shattered dimensions generally gets a better review than web of shadows xcept for here on gamespot, and im looking for one thats more revolved around the traditional spiderman instead of all these other versions of him which 1s more fun as a spiderman game?
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AleksandarTale

Hey everyone, posted this in the wrong thread earlier sorry so here i am Im trying to decide which spider-man game thats out there rite now is better, web of shadows of shattered dimensions? i snooped around n shattered dimensions generally gets a better review than web of shadows xcept for here on gamespot, and im looking for one thats more revolved around the traditional spiderman instead of all these other versions of him which 1s more fun as a spiderman game?lincolnosiris

If you like the comics Shattered Dimensions is the game 4 you. It has 4 dimensions based on 4 different comics : Noir, Earth 2099... i forgot the other 2. The game is a bit cartoony. But if you're looking for something a bit fresh you should get Web of Shadows. I liked Web of Shadows more, so that's what i recomend.

lincolnosiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lincolnosiris
kool thx man! i love the comics n all but dun rlly wanna play as 4 different spidermen is the gameplay similar between the two?
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 AleksandarTale

kool thx man! i love the comics n all but dun rlly wanna play as 4 different spidermen is the gameplay similar between the two?lincolnosiris

Like i said, in Shattered Dimensions, you play as 4 diffrent Spideys, so thats for different playstiles. The Noir part is more stealh oriented, Amazing Spider - Man is more focused on ranged web attacks, in 2099 Spidey mostly jumps around and defeats enemies with acrobatics and in Ultimate Spider - Man you're in control of the symbiote suit, and this part is focused on brutal melee combat.

Web of Shadows isn't like the other Marvel games, it has a few RPG elements. There are lots of choices to make during the game that will affect the story later. There are many other Marvel heroes and villians ( Black Cat, Wolverine, Vulture, Moon Knight ) that you can fight against or side with. The story is much more cooler and you get to choose if you're gonna be a hero, and people will chear your name or something of a bada**. Then people will run away from you.

So like i said before i recommend Web of Shadows.

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 vadicta

I helped my dad beat the last of the new Non-Naughty Dog Jak and Daxter game for the PS2 recently and I found the flying, dog fighting styIe combat to actually be really fun. I never looked into combat games like that before, but I had a blast with Jak and Daxter that I figured I'd search out something along those lines for my Xbox 360.

I was looking at Dark Star One: Broken Alliance. It got a good review, but it looks kind of cheap and I don't want it to be a dull, semi-broken experience. If anyone has the game, I'd love to know how it is. Also, if anyone has any other suggestions, I wouldn't be opposed.

I'm just not into historical War games.

hitechgraphs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 hitechgraphs
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts
I'm looking for a game that it have a lot of visuals.I prefer they'll be for the PS3 but PC is ok too. When I have the 360 there was this game that I liked a lot: Kameo, I liked a lot the graphics and animation movies.I like a lot too SSFIV and MVC3 and Eternal Sonata for example,That games cell shaded with a lot of color and animation style.The game have to had some decent playtime ,not too short. I'm searching for those game not so popular but still good. What you could recommend me?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#94 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

What are some good free-roaming games for the PS3? Is InFamous a good free-roaming game?

You could try Fist of the North Star:Ken's Rage for xbox 360 or ps3.

allthatdown

What is the combat like?

Avatar image for CaptainPorridge
CaptainPorridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 CaptainPorridge
Anyone played dead space on the iPhone? Any good. I was thinking about getting it
TheWanderer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 TheWanderer123
My parents are giving me 150 bucks to spend on games, which means i can get any game I want! So, I like RPGs, like fallout and mass effect. I am looking at either getting dragon age 2, or getting dragon age one with all the expansions, or i might get fable 3. What do you think I should get? Here is the criteria; Xbox 360 obviously Rpg Good story Good combat Open world Preferably fantasy 60+ hours to complete Kudos to anyone who is cool enough to post
MikeRobe867

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MikeRobe867
Member since 2011 • 40 Posts
Ok, I'm looking for a very specific type of game. I have a PC. I'm looking for a great MMO or MMORPG. I used to play Planetside:Aftershock but it stopped working. Please get me as close to a Planetside experience as you can. Preferably an online open-world game, modern/ SiFi shooter game.
smalls5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#99 smalls5
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

I've played Mass Effect 2 for hours upon hours. If you havent played the first oneI would reccomend playing it first. Both are well worth your time and money.

If your not into the whole futuristic shooter kind of thing then maybe look into Dragon Age: Origins or Assassin's Creed II.

smalls5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#100 smalls5
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

So I have Dead Space 2 beat it and loved the game. I have seen the trailer for the new DLC it looks pretty awesome. I don't find Dead Space 2's online multiplayer overly enjoyable, so I was thinking about trading it in for Origins since Origins is cheap now. The DLC however has made me think twice. What should I do?flyingterp1

I have DS2 and Origins and would personally reccomend DS2 DLC