PGD Lounge - The No Fuss, No Mess Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

This is a clean slate for everyone, including me. Sorry if I got angry before. Hope we can forgive and forget what happened previously. Keep it clean, keep it friendly, and we'll be good.

What's up with everyone for the time being?

Edit: This is my third time making the PGD Lounge thread. Next time, someone else will have the pleasure of creating one. Enjoy! :)

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#2 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Well, so much for letting someone else have a crack at this. Oh well. Maybe next time, folks.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
getting ready to Pick up my Copy of Lollipop Chainsaw and paying of The Last Story and Lego Batman 2.......
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
The more I'm playing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, the more I hate the game. Just seems like its one of those games that everyone said was awesome back in the day and doesn't translate quite well now.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Cards Against Humanity is in my order! Yes!
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Cards Against Humanity is in my order! Yes!Yagr_Zero
what the heck are you going on about?
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Does it matter who creates the thread...?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Does it matter who creates the thread...?Ilovegames1992

Not really. Just like to make sure others get a chance to make it so as not to place responsibility solely on one individual.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yagr_zero
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] what the heck are you going on about?

Cards Against Humanity! The mature version of Apples to Apples! :P
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] what the heck are you going on about?

Cards Against Humanity! The mature version of Apples to Apples! :P

thanks for clearing that up. >.>
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Actually, I am taking a break from gaming for the next couple of days to prepare for a couple of tests. I'm taking summer classes.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yagr_zero
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] thanks for clearing that up. >.>

I do what I can. :P
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
Oh look, new lounge!
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#15 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Dirt Showdown review in the books, going forward with Blades of Time, then previews (and Lollipop Chainsaw probably).
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

Any word on when the lollipop chainsaw review goes up?

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yagr_zero
Dirt Showdown review in the books, going forward with Blades of Time, then previews (and Lollipop Chainsaw probably).Daavpuke
How is that game?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Still enjoying Dragon's Dogma. Mystic Knight is pretty fun, not sure what I'm going to switch too once I max this one out.. It will be nice to not see my cape clipping through my shield constantly. :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Anyone into racers? I used to play racing games when I was younger like Burnout 2 and Burnout 3, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need For Speed: Underground/Underground 2, etc but I stopped. Looking at some of the racing games this generation, it seems like Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) and Forza 4 are the top ones -- that new one coming out looks neat, so does Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Anyone know which are the best? I have PGR3, but I've barely played it lol.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MethodManFTW
I like racing games! :D Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit are two of my favorites from this gen. Wipeout HD is awesome. DiRT 3 is probably my favorite overall. The new Most Wanted looks fantastic as well. Criterion are great at what they do.
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Love racers. Burnout 3 is probably my all-time favorite racing title since it was just absurd fun. And FAST. 200 mph w/boost really felt like 200mph in Takedown. I played a lot of NFS when I was younger, espcially Hot Pursuit 2 and Most Wanted which where my faves there. New Most Wanted looks cool, but Criterion are fantastic devs so that's not a surprise.

This gen, I'd go with Forza 4 and Burnout Paradise as my favorite racers, but I have enjoyed DiRT 3 and Criterion's Hot Pursuit very much. All of those are really good titles.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#22 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Anyone into racers? I used to play racing games when I was younger like Burnout 2 and Burnout 3, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need For Speed: Underground/Underground 2, etc but I stopped. Looking at some of the racing games this generation, it seems like Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) and Forza 4 are the top ones -- that new one coming out looks neat, so does Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Anyone know which are the best? I have PGR3, but I've barely played it lol.Haziqonfire
I am and oddly enough, I also stopped playing racers around that time. Need For Speed: Most Wanted is a good one. GT5: Prologue is out and those games have always been good. Motorstorm is good fun.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yagr_zero
Anyone into racers? I used to play racing games when I was younger like Burnout 2 and Burnout 3, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need For Speed: Underground/Underground 2, etc but I stopped. Looking at some of the racing games this generation, it seems like Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) and Forza 4 are the top ones -- that new one coming out looks neat, so does Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Anyone know which are the best? I have PGR3, but I've barely played it lol.Haziqonfire
I'm currently tackling Hot Pursuit (2010) at the moment and can say that it's a blast so far. A nice mixture of difficulty and great level design. I'd say go for that and Burnout Paradise since it seems that you played Criterion's earlier works.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

does anyone know if the US PSN store updated yet?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MethodManFTW

killerband55
Can you not check? Anyhow, @MorganHaro said it was looking like 10pm pt was the best case scenario for tonight's update.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killerband55

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

MethodManFTW

Can you not check? Anyhow, @MorganHaro said it was looking like 10pm pt was the best case scenario for tonight's update.

it still kinda looked the same to me, but they added in an E3 thing on there, so that's kinda throwing me off a bit

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 c_rakestraw  Moderator

it still kinda looked the same to me, but they added in an E3 thing on there, so that's kinda throwing me off a bitkillerband55

The E3 thing has been there since E3 week.

Anyway, don't think it's updated yet. No posts on the PlayStation Blog about it yet.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killerband55

[QUOTE="killerband55"]it still kinda looked the same to me, but they added in an E3 thing on there, so that's kinda throwing me off a bitc_rake

The E3 thing has been there since E3 week.

Anyway, don't think it's updated yet. No posts on the PlayStation Blog about it yet.

really? shows much how i visited that store in awhile

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ExoticAnimal
Can't play any more Prince of Persia. Might play some White Knight Chronicles II or something next.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 haziqonfire
Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.

Do you have a PS3? Get Gran Turismo 5.
Daanyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Daanyal
Member since 2009 • 773 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.ExoticAnimal

Don't do that, GT5 was a massive flop. Six years of waiting for a game where there's something like 100 Nissans and 12 Ferraris, where 80% of the cars don't have an interior view and look like they've come straight out of the PS2.

Anyway, if you are willing to wait, wait for the new NFS Most Wanted, or Forza Horizon. If you're not willing to wait, then get Forza 4 (sim), or DiRT 3 (arcade).

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 c_rakestraw  Moderator

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.Daanyal

Don't do that, GT5 was a massive flop. Six years of waiting for a game where there's something like 100 Nissans and 12 Ferraris, where 80% of the cars don't have an interior view and look like they've come straight out of the PS2.

Anyway, if you are willing to wait, wait for the new NFS Most Wanted, or Forza Horizon. If you're not willing to wait, then get Forza 4 (sim), or DiRT 3 (arcade).

Bah. Forget all those. Just get Burnout 3: Takedown and be set for life.

Daanyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Daanyal

[QUOTE="Daanyal"]

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Do you have a PS3? Get Gran Turismo 5.c_rake

Bah. Forget all those. Just get Burnout 3: Takedown and be set for life.

Takedown was a very good game, but Forza 4 is easily the best racer of the gen, IMO.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.Daanyal

Right... cuz 7.4 million copies sold makes it a flop. :roll: Guess you're just more into arcade racers than driving simulators. The game isn't perfect but still love it.
Daanyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Daanyal

[QUOTE="Daanyal"]

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Do you have a PS3? Get Gran Turismo 5.ExoticAnimal

Right... cuz 7.4 million copies sold makes it a flop. :roll: Guess you're just more into arcade racers than driving simulators. The game isn't perfect but still love it.

I love both genres equally. When I said a flop, I meant (this probably wasn't obvious) the quality of the game just didn't meet many people's (including myself) expectations after we waited for the best part of a generation.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 haziqonfire
Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, only a Wii and a 360 so GT5 is out of the question lol.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Metamania

I don't think I've ever seen this in a videogame, but I love how the monsters react and move in Dragon's Dogma. The wolves, for example, can be frustrating when they jump back to avoid one of your sword swipes, but I enjoy the refreshing AI for a change.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Allicrombie
Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, only a Wii and a 360 so GT5 is out of the question lol.Haziqonfire
Just get Super Mario Kart. Problem Solved.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Just get Super Mario Kart. Problem Solved.

what about Rad Racer?....it was...like...ummm..rad and stuff...:?
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Just get Super Mario Kart. Problem Solved.

what about Rad Racer?....it was...like...ummm..rad and stuff...:?

Rad who? >.>
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Metamania

Wasn't Rad Racer an old NES racing game? If I remember correctly, it was developed by Square.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Wasn't Rad Racer an old NES racing game? If I remember correctly, it was developed by Square.

Metamania

Indeed. Was one of the few games that used their crazy 3D tech.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Omni-Slash

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

c_rake

Indeed. Was one of the few games that used their crazy 3D tech.

Yup yup....what these guys said.. :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, only a Wii and a 360 so GT5 is out of the question lol.Allicrombie

I don't have that - but I can get that on VC. Right now I'm addicted to MK7 though, best Mario Kart game ever.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Metamania

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, only a Wii and a 360 so GT5 is out of the question lol.Haziqonfire

I don't have that - but I can get that on VC. Right now I'm addicted to MK7 though, best Mario Kart game ever.

That was one of the reasons I bought a Wii a long time ago - the VC had a great selection of classics to buy and play at anytime. Like Super Mario Kart. :D I still have memories of getting beaten by friends and family with that red shell, which we came to call it as "The Terminator" shell.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gpuFX16

"No Mess", huh? Well today I was trying to clean up a mess I had and I've now accidentally cracked my Mario Galaxy 2 disc. Fell victim to some overturned objects. *sob*

... On the bright side, I did finish Forza 4's career event list today, and I've been playing since the release date in October.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Metamania

"No Mess", huh? Well today I was trying to clean up a mess I had and I've now accidentally cracked my Mario Galaxy 2 disc. Fell victim to some overturned objects. *sob*

... On the bright side, I did finish Forza 4's career event list today, and I've been playing since the release date in October.

gpuFX16

Sounds like you must be excited about the upcoming Forza Horizon, eh? :)

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gpuFX16

Sounds like you must be excited about the upcoming Forza Horizon, eh? :)

Metamania

At first I did'nt know what to really think about it, but now that I know that the physics are at least somewhat based on FM and the game itself is open world ala Burnout Paradise, I'll most likely get it. I think T10 and Playground are doing the right thing by introducing new things while still retaining alot of the stuff you expect from the main games.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#50 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Is Gamespot busted? I can't seem to get notifications working, inbox, etc