Persona 3 FES or 3 Portable?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sureshot0115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sureshot0115
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

pros and cons?

Dragard_Kaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#2 Dragard_Kaos
Member since 2008 • 834 Posts

Honestly, get both. Persona 3 FES has a 3D world map that you can walk around in, while P3P is basically backgrounds with icons, kind of like a point and click adventure. There are also no anime cutscenes in P3P. The epilogue titled "The Answer" that takes place sometime after the main story is only available on P3 FES as well.

The bad thing about P3 FES is that you don't have complete control of your party members. Instead, you give them tactics and they'll act accordingly. The only member who you can fully control is the main character. In P3P, you have full control of everyone. Also, P3P has more Social Links. It also lets you play as a female character, changing a lot of the Social Links and replacing some.

In my opinion, I find it best to first play through Persona 3 Portable, then play Persona 3 FES solely for the epilogue "The Answer." In P3 FES, you can play the epilogue without having to play the main story.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I was dissapointed at all the things they cut from the PSP version, as mentioned by Dragard_Kaos. For me, however, what they cut outweighed what they added. I can live without controlling indivudal party members because they generally don't act too stupidly and it fits with the "roleplaying" style of the game since technically only you play the role of the main character.

-Byshop

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I'd go with P3P.Sure there are no anime cutscenes and the gfx are shit but the fact you can play as female(adding lots of replay value) and can control all your party members totally makes up for it.

The AI is absolutely horrible and i mean it.It's way worse than P4.Mitsuru for example does nothing but spam that useless Marin Karin spell that never hits.