Perfect World (MMORPG)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a free-to-play MMORPG. I was skeptical before trying it, but it's actually more fun that most paid MMORPGs out there. The gameplay is reminiscent of WoW, while the character designs are more in line with Guild Wars. I'd go so far as to say it's as good as WoW, except it's free.

It should be noted that I'm only level 8 at the moment, so I can't speak for the higher level content. As well, from some player reviews that I've read, I get the impression that it gets repetitive and becomes a grind. But you can pretty much say that for all MMORPGs, including WoW.

Long story short, I'm pleasantly surprised. What are your thoughts?

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I played for 60 hours (thanks Xfire), and during that time, I loved it. I have a level 8 venomancer, and a level 30 Blademaster. I quit because of the limited inventory space that required a lot of grinding to increase it, or money, and I didn't want to put money into the game. I didn't really care enough to do something to gain enough ingame gold to buy the extra inventory, either. I really liked the game for the most part, but mmorpgs aren't really my thing overall.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
It's pretty good, I haven't played that often or have any high level characters but the little I've played was good.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I like it. I haven't played long(8 hours) and I just have a lvl 12 Blademaster. It's pretty fun, although I think that I will enjoy Runes of Magic more(If the good dang thing didn't take so long to download). I'm trying to play more, but I'm like always talking to my friends so I don't have much time(God forsaken AIM)

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I havnt heard of this game, i'll have to check it out, thanks for the info.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I like it. It's simple, and quests are just thinly veiled grindfests, but the character design is neat, the armor and weapons are pretty cool, and the combat itself is fun enough (it's basically WoW). I also love the amount of customization you get with regards to characters. I've got a level 48 Blademastere so far, and assorted other classes just to test them out. Once you hit level 30 there's a daily repeatable quest that gives you about a quarter of one level's experience (it's scaled). So even if you don't play much you can easily boost your character up with about ten minutes of gameplay a day, which I guess it their version of a rest bonus.
rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 rom11
Member since 2005 • 2049 Posts
Yeah, I'm playing it sometimes.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Once you hit level 30 there's a daily repeatable quest that gives you about a quarter of one level's experience (it's scaled). So even if you don't play much you can easily boost your character up with about ten minutes of gameplay a day, which I guess it their version of a rest bonus.DJ_Lae
Must find! Although, I think I need money more than experience.
cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

I play it occasionally when I am bored. Its pretty fun though there is better things I have to do outt there.

ratchet200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ratchet200
Member since 2005 • 1620 Posts

Sounds like a good game. Might check it out. Thanks for posting it.

liamkincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 liamkincaid
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

is a great game!

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

Ya, it's not a bad game at all considering it's free. It'll use up more of your free time than you'd expect, as it's quite easy to get into.