People who bash games without even knowing.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Do you guys think there are people on this forum who bash graphics, gameplay etc. that actually have no idea what they are talking about. I always see people give out about a games graphics but don't actually notice all the fine details that go into some games. They think a game is bad if it doesn't look pristine but overlook the physics and animations in the game.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Do you guys think there are people on this forum who bash graphics, gameplay etc. that actually have no idea what they are talking about. I always see people give out about a games graphics but don't actually notice all the fine details that go into some games. They think a game is bad if it doesn't look pristine but overlook the physics and animations in the game.

seanmcloughlin

Yes, and those people actually admit it. For me graphics are not that important.

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

EvilSelf

Yes, and those people actually admit it. For me graphics are not that important.

Yeah, the most important thing in a game is having fun while you play it. If you're not having fun, don't play it

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

What amuses me even more is people who judge games even though they haven't finished it themselves...They claim to know about a game that they haven't even played enough to find some things out about said game...These people have played quite a few games,finished only a handful yet claim to be an expert on all of them...Hell they will even give what they claim to be an accurate review of a game based on a short demo.:lol:

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

What amuses me even more is people who judge games even though they haven't finished it themselves...They claim to know about a game that they haven't even played enough to find some things out about said game...These people have played quite a few games,finished only a handful yet claim to be an expert on all of them...Hell they will even give what they claim to be an accurate review of a game based on a short demo.:lol:

Serial_Killa

How long does one have to play a game to realise it sucks?

I was told a review of FFXIII that was "only" the first 20 hours wasnt enough to get get an impression, and thus shouldnt be taken into consideration (It gave it a 4)

I then completed the game in 21 hours and would have scored it less.

I don't think you have to play a game very long to form an opinion, and if you do then the game is designed poorly.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#7 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
It's the interwebs. Everyone has an opinion and it's better than everyone elses. you'll see a bunch of people that will do personal reviews of games after reading previews or playing a demo. Just make a mental note of their name and ignore them.
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I was told a review of FFXIII that was "only" the first 20 hours wasnt enough to get get an impression, and thus shouldnt be taken into consideration (It gave it a 4)

I don't think you have to play a game very long to form an opinion, and if you do then the game is designed poorly.

-Snooze-

I agree but you need to remember we all have different tastes...Just because you or I think a game sucks it doesn't mean that everbody does.

I was more meaning when people mention things about games such as bugs,glitches,difficulty,screen tearing,gameplay etc. when they barely scratch the surface of a game.

They cannot give an accurate judgement based on the fact that they never play the game in its entirety so there is no possible way they can tell how these things affect the game over the course of a full playthrough or at varying difficulties.

Some games actually do get better as they progress...Some games get worse...But you can never know for sure unless you play the game to it's end is all I'm saying.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

basically.. always happens people bashed the ps move but never touched one, people are going to bash the kinect without even touching it, same with games, but again this is the world we live in. Travesty

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Yeah but the amount of fanboys who praise a game they never played and know nothing about for the wrong reasons is far worse.
198d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 198d
Member since 2004 • 265 Posts

Yeah but the amount of fanboys who praise a game they never played and know nothing about for the wrong reasons is far worse.dakan45

fanboyism is the root of the cause when it comes to bashing...people would rather praise the game (or console) that they think is genious and think all of its competetors are second rate just off the sole fact that they (and their mindless friends) play it.

being a fanboy is not a true gamer, it is an excuse to be part of a larger whole, and when another game comes out and threatens that larger whole (in sales, loss of players, etc) these fanboys get scared and do what they do best: bash the title and put the game they play on a pedestal.

its quite childish if you ask me....oh wait thats because most fanboys are children to begin with!!!

keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

Serial_Killa

I agree but you need to remember we all have different tastes...Just because you or I think a game sucks it doesn't mean that everbody does.

I was more meaning when people mention things about games such as bugs,glitches,difficulty,screen tearing,gameplay etc. when they barely scratch the surface of a game.

They cannot give an accurate judgement based on the fact that they never play the game in its entirety so there is no possible way they can tell how these things affect the game over the course of a full playthrough or at varying difficulties.

Some games actually do get better as they progress...Some games get worse...But you can never know for sure unless you play the game to it's end is all I'm saying.

While I don't think you need to completly beat a game to have an accurate opinion on it. You're not wrong. Their are many games that I played and didn't initally like. Xenosaga Episode 1 and Kingdom Hearts come to mind. But once I got past the rather boring and bloated front end of the games I found them to be very enjoyable.

I think a lot of the bashing comes from a sever lack of attention span in a fairly large chunk of gamers today. Seems if a game doesn't grab your attention in the first 5 minutes with large explosions, lots of gunfire, pretty graphics, or a character that cleaves people in half with a giant sword and can run up walls some people automatically write it off as sucking.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#13 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Yeah but the amount of fanboys who praise a game they never played and know nothing about for the wrong reasons is far worse.198d

fanboyism is the root of the cause when it comes to bashing...people would rather praise the game (or console) that they think is genious and think all of its competetors are second rate just off the sole fact that they (and their mindless friends) play it.

being a fanboy is not a true gamer, it is an excuse to be part of a larger whole, and when another game comes out and threatens that larger whole (in sales, loss of players, etc) these fanboys get scared and do what they do best: bash the title and put the game they play on a pedestal.

its quite childish if you ask me....oh wait thats because most fanboys are children to begin with!!!

I think I have reverse fanboyism then, as I can judge by advance certain games will be horrible, by using their previous franchise releases as probability. Although I do actually check a game out before finalising an opinion.