Paul Haddad who voiced Leon Kennedy in the original Resident Evil 2 passed away.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

I'm sorry to say this to the Resident Evil community but Paul Haddad who voiced the original Leon Kennedy sadly passed away.

You guys have any fond memories of the work that he did?

https://www.ign.com/articles/original-resident-evil-2-leon-kennedy-voice-actor-paul-haddad-has-died

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

This is only days after Rick May, voice actor of Soldier in Team Fortress 2 passed away. The industry lose another prominent contributor in my generation.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

He's also involved in the game Daymare: 1998 that I've mentioned a few times on this board, haven't made the investment yet because I've read it's a buggy mess but with the update coming will dive in and give Paul Haddad his due respect.

Loved the line "Ada WAIT!" during my retro playthroughs of Resident Evil 2

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Aww man, that sucks. R.I.P. Paul. 😔

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@AcidTango said:

I'm sorry to say this to the Resident Evil community but Paul Haddad who voiced the original Leon Kennedy sadly passed away.

You guys have any fond memories of the work that he did?

https://www.ign.com/articles/original-resident-evil-2-leon-kennedy-voice-actor-paul-haddad-has-died

Keiji Fujiwara, the Japanese VA actor for Reno, Ardyn from FF7 and 15 and Axel from Kindom Hearts has also passed away. He was only 55 but he had cancer. And now, Paul Haddad as well. Goodness gracious, 2020 is out for blood!

He was my favorite VA for Leon. None of the other guys came close to me. R.I.P Rookie Cop.

My condolence to the family & friends😢

@RSM-HQ said:

He's also involved in the game Daymare:

Ooph. Not a good game to go out on.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

R.I.P.

F**K this year!!!

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

@davillain- said:

Keiji Fujiwara, the Japanese VA actor for Reno, Ardyn from FF7 and 15 and Axel from Kindom Hearts has also passed away. He was only 55 but he had cancer. And now, Paul Haddad as well. Goodness gracious, 2020 is out for blood!

He was my favorite VA for Leon. None of the other guys came close to me. R.I.P Rookie Cop.

My condolence to the family & friends😢

Wow that's very sad that Keiji Fujiwara passed away.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ said:

He's also involved in the game Daymare:

Ooph. Not a good game to go out on.

From what I've read Daymare: 1998 problems is it's optimised very poorly, otherwise many the reviews I've read state it's a solid Survival Horror game.

However I just don't know if the team behind a fan-made Resi2 mod can really pull it off. A huge difference from making mods and making full blown games. I know many of us P.C. gamers love mods but I think sometimes we forget they're twisting and adding code to an already functioning package. Making that package from scratch is vastly different.

Hope they can fix it anyhow, would like to experience it without the troubles it currently has. Then again I could just play the classic Resident Evil 2 again and that'll be a way to honor a voice actor from a series I've enjoyed most of my life (even if OG Resi2 was never one of my favorites).