(Opinion and trivia) Upcoming games that need to be cancelled instead of Scalebound

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

While never look forwad to play Scalebound in first place but I was surprised it was officially cancelled days ago(as of January 12). There still too many games that deserved to be cancelled more than SB but yet still making its way to the market months from now. Here' my list:

1. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon : Wildlands. While I have nothing against Ubisoft but all Tom Clancy's sucks to me especially The Division. I'm surprised it is nearing completion as I write this.

2. Final Fantasy VII Remake. Looks like uglier, unattractive younger brother of FFXV than its PS1 version.

3. South Park: Fractured But Whole. Never fan of SP and Stick of Truth sucked and it looks like a glorified Flash game than proper 60 dollars one. Insanely overpriced too.

4. Persona 5(North American and European editions). Last 2 Persona games while critically acclaimed but poor selling due too "Japanese" or too "anime-like" to the Western gamers. Perhaps Atlus should follow Namco-Bandai and Tecmo which ignored Western markets and concentrate to Asian ones instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#2 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@lembu90 said:

While never look forwad to play Scalebound in first place but I was surprised it was officially cancelled days ago(as of January 12). There still too many games that deserved to be cancelled more than SB but yet still making its way to the market months from now. Here' my list:

1. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon : Wildlands. While I have nothing against Ubisoft but all Tom Clancy's sucks to me especially The Division. I'm surprised it is nearing completion as I write this.

2. Final Fantasy VII Remake. Looks like uglier, unattractive younger brother of FFXV than its PS1 version.

3. South Park: Fractured But Whole. Never fan of SP and Stick of Truth sucked and it looks like a glorified Flash game than proper 60 dollars one. Insanely overpriced too.

4. Persona 5(North American and European editions). Last 2 Persona games while critically acclaimed but poor selling due too "Japanese" or too "anime-like" to the Western gamers. Perhaps Atlus should follow Namco-Bandai and Tecmo which ignored Western markets and concentrate to Asian ones instead.

I want to see Wildlands scrapped, and Ubisoft committed to making an actual Ghost Recon game, where tactics, consequences and realism are central.

I loved Stick of Truth. Did not care about the combat. It felt like a super long south park episode, which I loved.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

I can't agree with you.

I mean...I don't care about Final Fantasy 7 at all, but The Stick of Truth was surprisingly great (it's one of the most faithful videogame adaptations I can think of), and I'm definitely keen for Persona 5.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@lembu90 said:

Hmm, can´t say i agree.

Your first 3 picks are all games i am kinda looking forward to and the last pick is a fan favorite.

But to each their own i guess but just so you know, a game being cancelled does not mean another game is not cancelled or will be cancelled. Those games you list have no effect on the cancellation of any other game, so you can blame the developers for either not being able to work within budget or their own ideas.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I don't want to see any games cancelled, All Games Matter!!!!!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

I'm finding this list very silly, maybe as they say "bait". A lot of those games are going to be a hit. Like Final Fantasy and South Park. And the reasons behind FFVII particularly; are juvenile.

Your Persona idea doesn't really dent me. However I think it'll sell well on PS4. You can't really base numbers on what Vita did outside of Japan, as it didn't really sell the hardware worldwide, PS4 has, chances of making a profit are in the developers favor. Think practically.

Originally clicked because I'm still pretty salty over Scalebound. Platinum are one of my personal favorite developers and it hit pretty low to see it cancelled_

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

You are aware that ms(or anyone else for that matter) don't cancel games just to spite people right? They cancelled the game,most likely, because it was a buggy mess that was nowhere near to hit its targeted release day or the ambitions for the game. So yeah instead of spending even more money on a game that probably wouldn't be able to deliver on all the promises, they did the sensible thing and pulled the plug! And yes it does suck, scalebound was the only game I really was looking forward to play on my pc after Microsoft went the play anywhere route.... ohh well there is always crackdown I guess!

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@lembu90:

My response to your list as follows:

1. Yes, too many Tom Clancy games already!

2. NO!! It's FINAL FUCKING FANTASY VII! Y'know, the remake fans have been dreaming of and making endless fangames of!

3. Alright..now you're just trolling. If you hate the series, fine but people who love it appreciate the homage it pays and the wonderful rpg that it is too.

4. **** you! Persona is a must play for jrpg fans! I gots to have mah Persona 5!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

I don't think any game "needs" to be cancelled myself especially those in the OP list, those all look to be really good games.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

If it was about me personally, it would be any sports game or racing sim, I don't care much about them.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#11 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

How about have none of those games getting cancelled? Especially if they're for those extremely petty reasons. It sucks that Scalebound was cancelled, but such is game development sometimes, especially when a game just isnt working out anymore.