Online Gaming Magazine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

forumkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 forumkitty
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hey guys Anyone know of any online gaming magazines? I don't mean like good old Gamespot here, but a more traditional magazine that you can page through online or download and read on PC (or my iPad in particular). Kind of like the online version of SportingNews Today, but for games. It doesn't have to be free or anything, I don't mind paying for a subscription.
tablename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tablename
Hey guys Anyone know of any online gaming magazines? I don't mean like good old Gamespot here, but a more traditional magazine that you can page through online or download and read on PC (or my iPad in particular). Kind of like the online version of SportingNews Today, but for games. It doesn't have to be free or anything, I don't mind paying for a subscription.forumkitty
I read GamesWorld, and it's got an online version like you are describing. You can get a PDF or use the online pager thing to read it. http://www.gamesworldsa.com/ It has a very cheap subscription fee (like 5 Euro a year or something), but http://gamelist.bbgsite.com/ has got a promotion going where you can get a free subscription. That's where I got mine. Just scroll to the bottom and to the right there is a thing about it. The promo code is BBG89 (at least it was for me), and you just enter that when you register to get access to all the issues. It's a pretty cool mag. The writing is quite good, though they haven't had a new issue for a while. New one should be coming out soon. Anyone else know of similar magazines out there? I prefer them over news/review sites.
Cybertronguard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cybertronguard
I feel let down as i subscribe to a mag and they do a Digital version for the Iphone!. But that will cost an Extra X amount a month - i would love this to be free but im more than aware this does cost the publisher. So i then suggested that it would be benneficial for them to offer the digitial service at a discounted price for those that have subscribed to the paper version!
tablename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tablename
I feel let down as i subscribe to a mag and they do a Digital version for the Iphone!. But that will cost an Extra X amount a month - i would love this to be free but im more than aware this does cost the publisher. So i then suggested that it would be benneficial for them to offer the digitial service at a discounted price for those that have subscribed to the paper version!Cybertronguard
Yeah I know what you mean. I have had the same issue with some of the sports mags I subscribe to. They even have the nerve to try and charge the same for a digital subscription than the paper one! I mean come on, printing costs a fortune, and I'm saving them that money by subscribing digitally. I used to buy Gamesworld's paper version, but switched to digital because it's so much cheaper (or free in my case since I saw that promotion). Quite enjoy it, though haven't tried it out on my iPad yet. Check that out, maybe they have an iPhone version too. I admit I don't buy paper mags too often anymore. Maybe PC Gamer every now and then, and a tennis one if I can find it.
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
This is quite a good magazine, and it can be downloaded in PDF, plus its free! http://www.gameon.co.uk/free-online-gaming-magazine
forumkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 forumkitty
Thanks guys! I checked out both the mags. Gamesworld seems to be the best of the two. It looks really cool and the writing is very good. The promo code BBG89 worked for me and I got a free subscription. Thanks tablename. Gameon is pretty nice too though. Just a bit shorter and the production does't seem as tight. Wonder if more paper mags are gonna start doing this.
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
[QUOTE="forumkitty"]Thanks guys! I checked out both the mags. Gamesworld seems to be the best of the two. It looks really cool and the writing is very good. The promo code BBG89 worked for me and I got a free subscription. Thanks tablename. Gameon is pretty nice too though. Just a bit shorter and the production does't seem as tight. Wonder if more paper mags are gonna start doing this.

I agree completely, Game On is very short and isnt as tight, I was just referring it as a free option. @Tablename, thanks for the code. It works perfect.
tablename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tablename
No worries guys. I was quite lucky to stumble on that promotion. Feel free to give the code to your friends or whatever. Might as well use it if its there.
forumkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 forumkitty
Been loving these mags on my iPad over the past couple of days. The Gamesworld website is pretty basic, but the mags are awesome. Just wish someone would do this on a weekly basis.
ghegpatatas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ghegpatatas
Member since 2010 • 611 Posts
[QUOTE="DeanG642"]This is quite a good magazine, and it can be downloaded in PDF, plus its free! http://www.gameon.co.uk/free-online-gaming-magazine

free is always good..always.;)