henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I discovered the little known Onechanbara series during last gen.

I picked up the Bikini Samurai for 360 for few euros, expecting it to suck big time.

And the game turned out to be much more fun than DMC 4 on that console. Lot more fun!

Been bit of a fan of the series ever since.

Sure, Onechanbara games aren't perfect. Far from it. But they're fun blasts, and they've given me more entertainment and laughs than DMCs ever have.

Even on this gen, I would rate Onechanbara higher than the dreadfully dull DMC 5. No matter how much haters hate it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts
@henrythefifth said:

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

According to wikipedia, the PS2 era games only appeared in Japan and Europe, the first Onechanbara game to appear in USA being on 360.

Indeed, seems the Bikini Samurai was seen only on 360! Weird. You would expect such game to be a Sony exclusive...

Still, if you like DMC, then these DMC clones are totally worth a look.

So no, this thread was no troll, in case some wonders.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

I like that last Onechanbara on PS4, alot more fun then Senran kagura games, that's for sure.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Yes and now we all know.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@henrythefifth said:

It's not about Boobs, it's about having fun, gaming fun I might add :)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

@davillain-: Partly a joke, I have OneeChanbara Z2 on PS4, even the platinum trophy. Love the 3D hack n' slash genre and most games within it. Even look forward to the new Origin game.

But more fun than DMC5? I dunno. . seems like an odd/ unfair comparison of quality. I mean, who calls Dante's Inferno better than Ninja Gaiden: Black?

If one zones on the fan service; over level design/ enemy A.I./ bosses/ and overall control fluidity for appeal. To me that may be seen as shallow.

Itsuno Hideaki sans team makes some of the best combat systems in the business (DMC3-4-5/ Dragon's Dogma).

OneeChanbara is fine and on the last games release had benefits, DMC as a franchise was seen as gone in that time. Secondly I'm perfectly fine playing and approving sexual characterisation. Third 3D Slashers has become a niche/ dying genre and will take whatever I can get; so my question for higher standards dips heavily.

Both are "fun" but argue majority would have more fun with the game with vastly superior gameplay.