Old school counterstrike players...whats your thoughts on CS:GO?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

As some one who loved and played cs for over 10 years I personally think this latest version that is CS:GO ****ing sucks. It has so much missing that made the previous installments so great. The guns handle like crap, the movement is all floaty and like your on ice, visually I find it unappealing..most if the gun models look chunky and toy gun like... You can tell the game was made by a group of devs that didn't have much experience with the older versions. Overall just a very dumbed down version of what came before it, much less skill intensive... And its a shame because I Feel like 'esports' needs more good competitive fps games and this certainly isn't it. 

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

CS never required skill when compared to real men FPS like Quake 3 and UT.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3255 Posts

One of my biggest problems that I have with CS:GO is how the Sprays were removed. I mean why did they have to do that? But I do like some of the extra modes in CS:GO that we never had in previous Counter-Strike games but the gameplay in the older ones I do feel they were a bit better then in CSGO.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts

CS never required skill when compared to real men FPS like Quake 3 and UT.

ReddestSkies

I miss Unreal Tournament, so, so much :(Dammit, Epic better have a next gen UT planned otherwise I'm totally going to gib them with a flak cannon.

As someone who LAN'ed the living heck out of Counter Strike 1.5 back in the day, I really enjoyed GO, it wasn't as good as the classic ones but it sure beat Source which was utter tripe for me.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

I cannot for the life of me understand how some 1.6 players can preffer cs:go to source...source was far far closer in terms of gameplay to being more inline with how 1.6 was than how cs:go plays...   cs:go doesnt even feel like cs to me...its like an enitrely different fps game with a cs skins/mod...

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

I'm 22 now.

I reckon I'd be about 16 or 17 when I was in my prime Counter Strike days. I used to make some decent money back in high school playing. That and Quake 3- there was always more money in Quake 3, but it was also a lot more competitive.

I never competed at a high level- mostly the LANs in the Toronto area that I could attend. I actually cut classes a few times to go to them, mostly Fridays when the LAN would go through the weekend.

So I was pretty good at Counter Strike. Not the best, but a major step above the pubbies you catch on public servers.

That was years ago, though. Counter Strike is the kind of game you have to keep playing constantly to stay good at. That stopped being fun, which is why I stopped competing. There are better ways to make money, I wanted my gaming time to be fun.

I like CS:GO quite a bit because the matchmaking and structure of the game are really well suited to finding good games. The modding community hasn't quite caught up to the other CS games, but it'll get there with time. When it comes to the core multiplayer matches, though, CS:GO is really quite good. I'm enjoying it a lot.

It's the same way I feel about Quake Live. Same game for the most part, subtle differences that count for a lot to making it fun, and a good matchmaking system.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
well, i've always played 1.6 on pc and i play GO on my PS3 with a controller, so i can't make any comparisons on the controls. with that in mind, i like GO as a console approximation of CS. it doesn't have all the maps and spinoff mods i like from 1.6, but it has the core tenets of what makes CS great (damaging bullets, waits after being killed, rules based on skill rather than finding uber weapons). plus it controls really well as a competitive console shooter. the 180 spin alone is great as it allows so many more options with aim sensitivity.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Not a fan.