Old hardcore gamers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Versipellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr_Versipellis
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I was judt thinking, say you're a 30-year-old hardcore gamer today. Perfectly normal.

Assuming you don't get bored by 2039, doesn't that mean you'd be...

A 60-year-old hardcore gamer????

Impossible!!!

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

I was judt thinking, say you're a 30-year-old hardcore gamer today. Perfectly normal.

Impossible!!!

Mr_Versipellis

I'm only 22 but I have been gaming for over 17 years now and am still happy. I can see myself going into my 60's.

The_Bebop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 The_Bebop
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts

i think we all will be playing games "hardcore" till we die. its hard to get elderly people into gaming now since they didnt grow up with it. but anyone in their 30's and below today has had some form of gaming. when we hit 60, 70, and even level 80 we will always have the memories and the skill.

Mr_Versipellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mr_Versipellis

i think we all will be playing games "hardcore" till we die. its hard to get elderly people into gaming now since they didnt grow up with it. but anyone in their 30's and below today has had some form of gaming. when we hit 60, 70, and even level 80 we will always have the memories and the skill.

The_Bebop
Exactly.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

People will be telling their grand kids that back in thier day were was no body control. If i wanted to skateboard or play dodgeball or baseball or bowling...you had to go outside. And how they were playing Finaly Fantasy games since the numbers where still in single digits And say things like i rememberr when sega and atari still made consoles.....hell we might just say i remember when people still used consoles

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
The reason old people aren't into video games is because they didn't grow up with them. In 30 to 40 years, we will have elected a president who grew up playing GTA.
kleaneasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kleaneasy
Member since 2009 • 271 Posts
While I dont doubt the time I can afford to dedicate will change over the years I've no doubt I'll still be playing, that I'm sure of
Crocodile_Key

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Crocodile_Key
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts

The_Bebop

Reffering to age as levels....definately a hardcore gamer LOL.

The_Bebop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Bebop
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Bebop"]

Crocodile_Key

Reffering to age as levels....definately a hardcore gamer LOL.

haha thank you sir

Avatar image for FreshWhiteBread
FreshWhiteBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreshWhiteBread
Member since 2009 • 383 Posts
The gaming audience of 40 and up will increase exponentially. The baby boomer's children have grown up with video games so many of us will probably keep playing creating a market for mature older gamers.
Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

Good topic, I'm 26 and grew up in the nintendo age, I've been a hardcord gamer ever since. Sure now my time is more limited however I find a decent amount of time to game. I think I'll still be gaming at 60!

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Iceman8012
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts
I'm not old, but I have been gaming for 12 years now. So I would like to say I'm a hardcore gamer. I'm only 17, my addiction started with my brother's Pacman for the Gameboy
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
I'm not old, but I have been gaming for 12 years now. So I would like to say I'm a hardcore gamer. I'm only 17, my addiction started with my brother's Pacman for the GameboyIceman8012
My addiction began with Tetris
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Impossible!!!

Mr_Versipellis
Impossible? Nonsense. I know 50 y/o gamers that aren't planning to quit anytime soon. Don't draw your conclusion basing them on today's 60 years old people. When they were young there were no games, of course they don't care about them. We'll be a whole different kind of seniors :D
Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

I don't intend to retire from gaming yet, unless my disability makes it impossible for me to play video games. If it doesn't, then I hope to still be playing video games on my death bed and if my niece becomes a gamer when she's older - "I'm not old, I'm just wise and experienced. They're still arguing about Halo 3 and every other game? It's beendecades, kids, move on!"

There's still plenty of gaming life in me yet.

R/T

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Versipellis"]

Impossible!!!

PublicNuisance

I'm only 22 but I have been gaming for over 17 years now and am still happy. I can see myself going into my 60's.

ditto :) gamer for life as long as there are good games to play.

KDIDDY78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 KDIDDY78
Member since 2003 • 570 Posts

im 30 grew up on atari 2600 and commadore 64...i still play at least 2-3 hours a day...some say i have no life but i call it my sport that im actaully decent at...

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I would venture to say that age does not matter in the gaming realm, what matters is whether or not you're enjoying gaming.

Dollar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 Dollar75
Member since 2006 • 718 Posts

I plan on being a hardcore gamer til the day I die.

And the older generations are getting into games. The Wii is very popular in old folks homes etc cos its easy to play. Plus its been proven that gaming and keeping the mind active keeps away things like Alzheimers.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#20 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

most chances that we will be playing games until we are old.

im nearly 20 years old, and I started gaming in 1993, I dont think I will stop gaming until im unable to due to extreme old age

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
I still don't understand the term hardcore gamer, but I know plenty of gamers in their late 50s that are still going strong. Myself I'm in my 30s and love gaming to death. I own multiple consoles (both home and portable), I also own a reasonably highend gaming PC (ie. I can play every game out now without issue at 1920x1200) but I wouldn't call myself hardcore. I'm a gamer with a job.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
My uncle's retired and he still plays. As a matter of fact, he and his friends used to meet one night a week on XBox Live to play PGR. As for me still playing or being hardcore at that age, I don't know... might depend on if the body holds up. I'm not even halfway to his age yet but my hands are already starting to give up on me. I can't go as hard as I used to and am afraid it will only get worse
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

The reason old people aren't into video games is because they didn't grow up with them. In 30 to 40 years, we will have elected a president who grew up playing GTA.UT_Wrestler

Agree.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

The_Bebop
This. Although i'd say that you can get older people into gaming. One system is doing it in record numbers but the modern "hardcore" gamer thinks introducing people to gaming is down there with rape, murder and child molestation. My mom used to play my NES ALOT... first and last console she ever played though.
optimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 optimal
Member since 2003 • 695 Posts
I'm 27. I've seen a platform or two in my era.
Mr_Versipellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mr_Versipellis

[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]The reason old people aren't into video games is because they didn't grow up with them. In 30 to 40 years, we will have elected a president who grew up playing GTA.Dogswithguns

Agree.

Me too.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#27 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I'm 34. Been playing since pong. Have every system and have no intentions of stopping. It's my hobby. Many of my friends hunt constantly and my wife likes it that my hobby has me at home, and I still enjoy the hell out of gaming. I don't see any reason why I would ever stop.
GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#28 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

Impossible!!!

Mr_Versipellis
I wouldn't say it's impossible, it could happen. The home console gaming scene is only, I'd say 30 years old or so. ;)