OFFICIAL E3 EA 2014 Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

EA will be having their press conference.

11:35 AM PDT

is the pre-show on the official E3 site

12:00 PM

Is the official start of the Conference

So far rumored to appear:

Battlefront, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mirrors Edge 2, Battlefield Hardline, Mass Effect 4, FIFA 15, Madden 15, UFC, NHL 2015 and perhaps NBA Live 15

Reserved for more info

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Mass Effect 4 and Battlefront! Please come to papa!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@behardy24 said:

Mass Effect 4 and Battlefront! Please come to papa!

Hellz yeah! Also i want to see how Dragon Age plays

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

a lot of nothing. But wow, that Hardline mp looks fun. And Mirror's Edge 2 (Yusss!).

we usually complain about CG trailers...so how do you guys feel about the "docu-mercials" for Battlefront and Mass Effect? It's like "wait, is E3 tomorrow? Quick, draw something on a napkin."

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Yawn...

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I was expecting something a bit more substantial about Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@Ish_basic said:

a lot of nothing. But wow, that Hardline mp looks fun. And Mirror's Edge 2 (Yusss!).

we usually complain about CG trailers...so how do you guys feel about the "docu-mercials" for Battlefront and Mass Effect? It's like "wait, is E3 tomorrow? Quick, draw something on a napkin."

I liked it way better than just releasing an E3 trailer and then just wait 3 years for the freaking game. I liked it way more. Also Mass Effect and a new ip. That's awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

Has everybody at EA just spent the last year trying to fix BF4 or something? The stuff they showed was so early prototype that this year pretty much felt like their main goal was just to hold on to their spot for next year.

They had nothing ready to show, but the ESA would've given their conference to somebody else if they didn't show up.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

After watching a bit of this conference (I missed out on the first half, so thank whoever for the play-by-play analysis after the show), I have to say, it was nothing but talk and no show. A lot of the games were teased, even shown a little bit of footage. And yet, Battlefield Hardline was all about gameplay and it looked fantastic. That was the only highlight of the show for me.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

A small conference that didn't really show anything new and felt like lacking.

But Mirror´s edge 2, Hardline and Dragon´s age all look good.

And for my GF there was Sims 4 on sept. 2 not that far away.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@syztem said:

Has everybody at EA just spent the last year trying to fix BF4 or something? The stuff they showed was so early prototype that this year pretty much felt like their main goal was just to hold on to their spot for next year.

They had nothing ready to show, but the ESA would've given their conference to somebody else if they didn't show up.

Would you rather want a teaser like Battlefront like last year, or actual having developers talk about it and say it's not ready?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@jeager_titan said:

So you guys think MS announced too many CO-op game? Lulu_Lulu, its time for you to buy an X1.

Ya MS went full retard on the multiplayer games

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Disappointed. I was really hoping to see a decent chunk of Star Wars Battlefront, but all we got was that frankly boring Dev Diary, that only seemed cool at the time because the Star Wars music is so emotional and powerful.

I'm also kinda surprised they didn't announce any other Star Wars games, they claimed when they first picked up the licence that Bioware and Visceral Games where also working on games, and while it's possible Visceral are working on two projects (as DICE will have laid the foundation for BF: Hardline), it seems like saying Bioware was working on something was just an outright lie, I mean they're just finishing up Dragon Age, Mass Effect seems to be moving out of planning and into real development now, and they've now confirmed there working on a new IP as well, it seems incredibly unlikely that Bioware are also working on a new Star Wars RPG.

As for everything else that was shown, pretty bare-bones, too much focus on sports games (as there is every year), Sims 4 proved they have nothing new to offer with the series, Mirrors Edge was another that was disappointment, we saw more of actual people doing Parkor than we did of Faith, Battlefield: Hardline looked OK, but not good enough to warrant a purchase, or even turning on my PS4 to try and get the beta, and Criterion's new game looked like a joke, but it was very early so I'll try to hold off from judging it too much.

I gotta be honest I entered EA's conference only been excited for Star Wars: Battlefront, Dragon Age and Mass Effect, and I left only been excited for Star Wars: Battlefront, Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

I don't really know why they needed a press show this year?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

@spike6958: The other Visceral game is too early in development