Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#301 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Yep, I've never met someone who knew the game.

I even thought it never existed, like it was part of some dream i had or something :DCede181

It is VERY obscure, as in extremely so :lol:

Rosesf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 Rosesf
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Could anyone help with this? I remember an old game on either ps2 or GameCube. It was a versus fighting game where you controlled robot-like characters each with different abilities, a character I can remember had green colour themes and was faster than other characters with things like flying and dashing in the air while green light game off its hands, another character I'm pretty sure was a tank(literally) apart from that all I remember is two stages very vaguely, one had a sort of gravity reverser in the middle and platforms around it(I think) and the other was a sort of sandy terrain with big rocks Any suggestions would be really good, thanks It probably came out in 2000s, maybe a couple years earlier. I also think for whatever reason that the robots weren't robots in the traditional sense, they seemed very humanoid I think. I don't know for sure but when playing multiplayer I think it was split screen and first person, but it could've been neither of these things, just my vague memory of it, thanks in advance
aerial-ballet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 aerial-ballet
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="aerial-ballet"]

Checked 'em. No dice. This is one elusive game.

Egypt wasn't the only setting, though. It was just one part of the game. There were other settings, like a laboatory and a forest IIRC. The graphics were similar to Timelapse.. maybe slightly better. I was most likely released somwhere between '96 and '99.

Black_Knight_00

Let's keep at it.

-Beyond Time / Shadow of the Obelisk

That's a possibility for sure. The name sounds somewhat familiar, and the video of the introduction on YouTube looks somewhat familiar, too. Other than that, though, there doesn't seem to be much information about it online. Have you ever played it?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Black_Knight_00

That's a possibility for sure. The name sounds somewhat familiar, and the video of the introduction on YouTube looks somewhat familiar, too. Other than that, though, there doesn't seem to be much information about it online. Have you ever played it?

aerial-ballet

I have not played it. What I can do is give you some screenshotsand a brief description I found:

"Beyond Time is an inventory-based, mouse-driven adventure game based on the novel Obelisk by Dr. Judith Kaye Jones. "Obelisk" was the name given to it by the original designers when it was completed in 1995, but it was never published under that name. DreamCatcher picked it up for publishing 2 years later under the name Beyond Time, appropriate because the story does involve time travelling. Rifts in time have occurred causing people and precious artifacts and treasures to disappear mysteriously all over the world. Travel to ancient Egypt, Tibet, the Yucatan peninsula and Atlantis to find the missing masterpieces of the world and repair time itself. Only your puzzle-solving skills can save humanity from impending doom."

VirtualAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#305 VirtualAntics
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts

Could anyone help with this? I remember an old game on either ps2 or GameCube. It was a versus fighting game where you controlled robot-like characters each with different abilities, a character I can remember had green colour themes and was faster than other characters with things like flying and dashing in the air while green light game off its hands, another character I'm pretty sure was a tank(literally) apart from that all I remember is two stages very vaguely, one had a sort of gravity reverser in the middle and platforms around it(I think) and the other was a sort of sandy terrain with big rocks Any suggestions would be really good, thanks It probably came out in 2000s, maybe a couple years earlier. I also think for whatever reason that the robots weren't robots in the traditional sense, they seemed very humanoid I think. I don't know for sure but when playing multiplayer I think it was split screen and first person, but it could've been neither of these things, just my vague memory of it, thanks in advance Rosesf

Could it be Armored Core?

scorchingitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#306 scorchingitup
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

This game was on PS1 and all i remember was having supernatural powers and looking like a dude with a sorta indian pony tail. There was a bit of platforming involved to and you could swim in water? Any ideas?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Black_Knight_00

This game was on PS1 and all i remember was having supernatural powers and looking like a dude with a sorta indian pony tail. There was a bit of platforming involved to and you could swim in water? Any ideas?

scorchingitup
Akuji the Heartless
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#308 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Could anyone help with this? I remember an old game on either ps2 or GameCube. It was a versus fighting game where you controlled robot-like characters each with different abilities, a character I can remember had green colour themes and was faster than other characters with things like flying and dashing in the air while green light game off its hands, another character I'm pretty sure was a tank(literally) apart from that all I remember is two stages very vaguely, one had a sort of gravity reverser in the middle and platforms around it(I think) and the other was a sort of sandy terrain with big rocks Any suggestions would be really good, thanks It probably came out in 2000s, maybe a couple years earlier. I also think for whatever reason that the robots weren't robots in the traditional sense, they seemed very humanoid I think. I don't know for sure but when playing multiplayer I think it was split screen and first person, but it could've been neither of these things, just my vague memory of it, thanks in advance Rosesf

War of the Monsters?

war of the monsters

scorchingitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#309 scorchingitup
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts
CHEERS! HAha that was the one lol, never even knew the name at all haha.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Black_Knight_00

CHEERS! HAha that was the one lol, never even knew the name at all haha.scorchingitup
You're welcome ;)

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

I need someone to give me the name of this Atari 2600 whose name I forgotten.

- The game involves shooting spiders and fruit. It reminds me of Space Invaders. This is all that I can remember.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Black_Knight_00

- The game involves shooting spiders and fruit. It reminds me of Space Invaders. This is all that I can remember.

thom_maytees
Spider Fighter
thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]

Black_Knight_00

Spider Fighter

That is correct. Thanks.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#316 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
I'm trying to recall the name of a Super NES game that had you playing as a green-haired caveman. It was a 2D platformer, and I remember one of the bosses being a defrosted wooly mammoth. That's all I can remember, as I was only about 4 or 5 years old when I last played it.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="thom_maytees"]

thom_maytees

Spider Fighter

That is correct. Thanks.

You're welcome ;)
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Black_Knight_00
I'm trying to recall the name of a Super NES game that had you playing as a green-haired caveman. It was a 2D platformer, and I remember one of the bosses being a defrosted wooly mammoth. That's all I can remember, as I was only about 4 or 5 years old when I last played it.1PMrFister
Joe & Mac
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#319 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]I'm trying to recall the name of a Super NES game that had you playing as a green-haired caveman. It was a 2D platformer, and I remember one of the bosses being a defrosted wooly mammoth. That's all I can remember, as I was only about 4 or 5 years old when I last played it.Black_Knight_00
Joe & Mac

Looked up screenshots. That's definitely the game I remember. Thanks for the help.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="1PMrFister"]I'm trying to recall the name of a Super NES game that had you playing as a green-haired caveman. It was a 2D platformer, and I remember one of the bosses being a defrosted wooly mammoth. That's all I can remember, as I was only about 4 or 5 years old when I last played it.1PMrFister
Joe & Mac

Looked up screenshots. That's definitely the game I remember. Thanks for the help.

You're welcome ;)
LordOfBlades4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 LordOfBlades4
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts

Im looking for a game i use to play as a kid.You choose beetween 3 rabbits: green, purple and pink.Its a 2D shooter. And the way the rabbit looks depends on your difficulty.

mikeyeggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#322 mikeyeggo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

The game I played was a demo for the original Xbox. It was a co-op based survival horror/shooter game where I think you start off in a subway or a mall of some sort ? It was not split screen by the way. From what I can remember you roam streets and the enemies come out from the floor (I think!) There was a light blue enemy which I always thought was a dinosaur.
All this info is based on vague memory so I might have said a few incorrect things but if anyone knows the specific game then I thank you in advance :)

mikeyeggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#323 mikeyeggo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Never mind, I've found the game I was looking for. It was Hunter: The Reckoning :)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#324 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Im looking for a game i use to play as a kid.You choose beetween 3 rabbits: green, purple and pink.Its a 2D shooter. And the way the rabbit looks depends on your difficulty.

LordOfBlades4

That sounds like JazzJackrabbit 2.

jazzjackrabbit2.gif

darthdrakula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 darthdrakula
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
A very old game, which starts with buying units (demon, troll or ogre, mage, wraith, vampire bat, shapeshifter, and others), then you can move them on the ground like chess figures (turn based game), and if your and your opponent's character attack each other, it starts a top view fighting game (control by keyboard). It was a two player game. (It is not Heroes not even close.) (played on pc)
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Black_Knight_00
A very old game, which starts with buying units (demon, troll or ogre, mage, wraith, vampire bat, shapeshifter, and others), then you can move them on the ground like chess figures (turn based game), and if your and your opponent's character attack each other, it starts a top view fighting game (control by keyboard). It was a two player game. (It is not Heroes not even close.) (played on pc)darthdrakula
King's Bounty?
nitaant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 nitaant
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
hi im looking for an old game that i never played but saw a friend play. It was a side scrolling, polished robot shooter/platformer. I thought it was called robotron but that game pulls up something else entirely you had jetpacks and stuff, and it was graphically very polished and pleasing and i think the mechanics were great too. it was for the pc. the primary robot was purple i THINK
darthdrakula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 darthdrakula
Nope. The game has three stages (if I remember correct). 1st You can set the amount of money you cen spend, then you buy your units (there is no economy in the game other than this) 2nd you put down all your characters on the map where you can move them individually 3rd when one of your and your opponent character meets they can fight, but its a keybord controlled battle, there is no chances, tricks, just hit, secondary hit move (maybe defend but not sure.) I can't remember whether there is a single player version of this game, I used to play it with my brother a long time ago.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#329 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

A very old game, which starts with buying units (demon, troll or ogre, mage, wraith, vampire bat, shapeshifter, and others), then you can move them on the ground like chess figures (turn based game), and if your and your opponent's character attack each other, it starts a top view fighting game (control by keyboard). It was a two player game. (It is not Heroes not even close.) (played on pc)darthdrakula
Sounds like Archon, maybe?

C64_Archon.png

darthdrakula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 darthdrakula
Closer, but no.
SovereignTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 SovereignTalon
This one might be a hard one. XD It was an old arcade game, the graphics were like SNES/Genesis. It was a side-scrolling platformer like Mario, the character could even shoot fireballs like Mario. But there was different kind of fireballs you could get. The basic ones had a very short range and just dropped to the ground in front of you, while more advanced ones would fly in loops going off the screen. He couldn't jump as high as Mario. If I remember right, the character had a blue cape, blue boots, and blue underwear. And I think he had brown hair. I think when you die the character's eyes would get bigger spinning around as stars spin above his head. The first level was a forest and had some pits of lava. I think the lava looked kind of a pink color more than orange. There were monsters in the forest that would fly down and attack you. I think they looked like bats. But it seems like there was also birds you could grab by their feet and use them to fly over lava pits and stuff. So not all things would just kill you. I know you were able to climb up vines and ladders and stuff. I think there was a shop in between levels where you could buy skills and stuff. The background was very dark like a Castlevania game. And the 2nd level was like a castle I think. This was a very long time ago so I don't remember all the details of it. I can remember the music from the first level in my head but I don't know enough about music to tell you what it was like.
darthdrakula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 darthdrakula
I find it, I find it: Dark Legions http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WCPmOqqle6c
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#333 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

This one might be a hard one. XD It was an old arcade game, the graphics were like SNES/Genesis. It was a side-scrolling platformer like Mario, the character could even shoot fireballs like Mario. But there was different kind of fireballs you could get. The basic ones had a very short range and just dropped to the ground in front of you, while more advanced ones would fly in loops going off the screen. He couldn't jump as high as Mario. If I remember right, the character had a blue cape, blue boots, and blue underwear. And I think he had brown hair. I think when you die the character's eyes would get bigger spinning around as stars spin above his head. The first level was a forest and had some pits of lava. I think the lava looked kind of a pink color more than orange. There were monsters in the forest that would fly down and attack you. I think they looked like bats. But it seems like there was also birds you could grab by their feet and use them to fly over lava pits and stuff. So not all things would just kill you. I know you were able to climb up vines and ladders and stuff. I think there was a shop in between levels where you could buy skills and stuff. The background was very dark like a Castlevania game. And the 2nd level was like a castle I think. This was a very long time ago so I don't remember all the details of it. I can remember the music from the first level in my head but I don't know enough about music to tell you what it was like.SovereignTalon

It's not a perfect match, but would you say that the game is similar to the Ghosts 'n Goblins series?

If yes, Ultimate Ghosts'N Goblins would be my guess.

SovereignTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 SovereignTalon

[QUOTE="SovereignTalon"]This one might be a hard one. XD It was an old arcade game, the graphics were like SNES/Genesis. It was a side-scrolling platformer like Mario, the character could even shoot fireballs like Mario. But there was different kind of fireballs you could get. The basic ones had a very short range and just dropped to the ground in front of you, while more advanced ones would fly in loops going off the screen. He couldn't jump as high as Mario. If I remember right, the character had a blue cape, blue boots, and blue underwear. And I think he had brown hair. I think when you die the character's eyes would get bigger spinning around as stars spin above his head. The first level was a forest and had some pits of lava. I think the lava looked kind of a pink color more than orange. There were monsters in the forest that would fly down and attack you. I think they looked like bats. But it seems like there was also birds you could grab by their feet and use them to fly over lava pits and stuff. So not all things would just kill you. I know you were able to climb up vines and ladders and stuff. I think there was a shop in between levels where you could buy skills and stuff. The background was very dark like a Castlevania game. And the 2nd level was like a castle I think. This was a very long time ago so I don't remember all the details of it. I can remember the music from the first level in my head but I don't know enough about music to tell you what it was like.Planeforger

It's not a perfect match, but would you say that the game is similar to the Ghosts 'n Goblins series?

If yes, Ultimate Ghosts'N Goblins would be my guess.

No it's not Ghosts 'N Goblins. I have never played any of the Ghosts 'N Goblins games but base on the images I see of it from an image search, yes that is a good example of how the game kind of looked as far as the levels go. I don't think the play I'm trying to remember was a very well known game. And this was like 20 years ago give or take a few years.
Shiroko24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Shiroko24
attempting to find an old game around late 80's to mid 90's. i remember it faintly from when i was a kid. just recently i remembered it and cant get it out of my mind. back in the days of DOS, windows 3.1 and OS/2 Warp but anyway. from what i remember... its like a sci fi, rpg, horror, point and click i belive? its based in a laboratory or space station type setting you have a party of 4 its similar to federation quest. a few areas i remember is a dark room where u need a flashlight. and other area with big tubes and 1 being broken because something broke out. some details might be incorect as its an old memory any help would be great
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Black_Knight_00

attempting to find an old game around late 80's to mid 90's. i remember it faintly from when i was a kid. just recently i remembered it and cant get it out of my mind. back in the days of DOS, windows 3.1 and OS/2 Warp but anyway. from what i remember... its like a sci fi, rpg, horror, point and click i belive? its based in a laboratory or space station type setting you have a party of 4 its similar to federation quest. a few areas i remember is a dark room where u need a flashlight. and other area with big tubes and 1 being broken because something broke out. some details might be incorect as its an old memory any help would be greatShiroko24
The Dig?

I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream?

Shiroko24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Shiroko24
Unfortunatly its not "The Dig" or "I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream" the parts that i described might have been a short demo for the game, im not sure. i never really got very far into it it may even have a puzzle element to it, but the 4 character party is definatly in it, there wasnt any swords or anything like that, just guns and assorted other weapons. im attempting to think of other key information, but nothing is comming to mind to help
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Shiroko24"]Unfortunatly its not "The Dig" or "I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream" the parts that i described might have been a short demo for the game, im not sure. i never really got very far into it it may even have a puzzle element to it, but the 4 character party is definatly in it, there wasnt any swords or anything like that, just guns and assorted other weapons. im attempting to think of other key information, but nothing is comming to mind to help

You could switch between characcters or did you just control one? Did it have a cartoony feel or a more serious theme?
Shiroko24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Shiroko24
im prety sure the whole party was active the whole time, the screen had all 4 character profile pictures in the bottom left. the screen was devided, top part showing your location and other showing your actions and characters. i think i remember it being prety blue ish. the fighting system i cant remember well, but it wasnt aim-able, if you chose to attack it was carried out by your characters, i think in a turn based fashion. more serious themed, not very cartoony
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Shiroko24"]im prety sure the whole party was active the whole time, the screen had all 4 character profile pictures in the bottom left. the screen was devided, top part showing your location and other showing your actions and characters. i think i remember it being prety blue ish. the fighting system i cant remember well, but it wasnt aim-able, if you chose to attack it was carried out by your characters, i think in a turn based fashion. more serious themed, not very cartoony

Could it be Zombi or the France-only sequel Hurlements?
Shiroko24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Shiroko24
doesnt look like it. during my search today i might have thought of something that could be related or not. but i remember i had to run a program, then it had me select what game i wanted to play, i think there was between 4 to 6 games. so it might be part of a multi game program? im not entirely sure, another fuzzy memory that may or may not be related is a stone wall with a door (possibly rounded top) as a loading screen or something, not in the game itself. possibly publisher related.. i only mention this, not to make it harder with more questionable content that might not be related. but to possibly make it easier to identify. i appreciate your help alot.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Shiroko24"]doesnt look like it. during my search today i might have thought of something that could be related or not. but i remember i had to run a program, then it had me select what game i wanted to play, i think there was between 4 to 6 games. so it might be part of a multi game program? im not entirely sure, another fuzzy memory that may or may not be related is a stone wall with a door (possibly rounded top) as a loading screen or something, not in the game itself. possibly publisher related.. i only mention this, not to make it harder with more questionable content that might not be related. but to possibly make it easier to identify. i appreciate your help alot.

Let's start over. The gameplay was something like Eye of the Beholder, but in a sci-fi setting, am I right?
Shiroko24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Shiroko24
it was similar, in a sci fi lab/space station setting, you couldent move around like in Eye of the Beholder, each area was a 1 scene picture to interact with. the combat seemed similar also. you had an inventoy to keep some items you find, you had to solve little puzzles and gather clues to progress. i dont recall being able to select your party members, race ect.. party was all human, i think it was 2 female and 2 male ****checked into QBasic a little, i recognize it a little, and remember it a bit. mabe its a QBasic game? icouldent find it in my search****
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

my Friend is trying to remember a game, this is the description he gave:

that one game where you had like a...shadow thing that followed you around and you hit people with it?Sounds really vague but it was for ps2 i thinkSort of cartoony looking3dThe dudes shadow was like the same height he was, looked sort of like a comic ghost
sounds vaguely familiar to me, but I got nothing. thanks in advance.
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

I figured it out, it was Okage :P

WTBG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 WTBG
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts
ok so I rented this game when I was like six and I can't seem to remember what it was called. It's an N64 game and you start in a prison cell. You then have to use a chicken bone to open a trap door and escape the cell or something like that. It's got like a medieval fantasy feel to it. I played for hours and hours but got almost nowhere in the game so I can't give much more of a description than I just gave.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Black_Knight_00
ok so I rented this game when I was like six and I can't seem to remember what it was called. It's an N64 game and you start in a prison cell. You then have to use a chicken bone to open a trap door and escape the cell or something like that. It's got like a medieval fantasy feel to it. I played for hours and hours but got almost nowhere in the game so I can't give much more of a description than I just gave.WTBG
Shadowgate 64
WTBG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 WTBG
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts
oh yeah i looked at some videos, this is totally it. Thanks :)
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Black_Knight_00
oh yeah i looked at some videos, this is totally it. Thanks :)WTBG
You're welcome ;)
KILLROYIIII