aesir05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 aesir05
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts

This was a brick game and fairly ancient.

The game had you playing as frankenstien

It was black and white around late 80s was the time I got this I think

The player was stuck in a room and had to kill the guys who came in through the window or the door.

There was a table in the middle of the room on which franky lay down as well.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#252 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

This was a brick game and fairly ancient.

The game had you playing as frankenstien

It was black and white around late 80s was the time I got this I think

The player was stuck in a room and had to kill the guys who came in through the window or the door.

There was a table in the middle of the room on which franky lay down as well.

aesir05
It was a brick game like Megaball or Arkanoid? What system did you play it on?
Zorxen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253 Zorxen
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts

[QUOTE="Zorxen"]-it begins with a portal infront of u and the background is completly black except the portal.. (the portal is flashing in a few colors.. not 1 or 2 colors only) a man (or women cant remember lol) is standing infront of you talking to you, cant remember what he\she saying to you but after he\she is done talking he invites u to come in.. when u step inside ur transported into what i belive is your apartment.. and from there on u go out into the city below u and u can explore it and roam around, OH YEA the portal is like a time-gate.. the only thing i remember from the convo u have with that character.. when u transport in i think u have a job as a security guy or a police officer.. or a detective maybe.. but feels like u have another motive for what u doing... a secret agent of some sortsPlaneforger

Wait...that sounds a lot like Omikron: The Nomad's Soul...

Planeforger

THANK YOU!!! what i was searching was indeed Omikron The Nomad Soul

my many years long wait is finally over.. i can finally play this game and see whats it all about!

aesir05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 aesir05
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts
Nope it was a brick game like those old handheld things that came with one game only
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Black_Knight_00

Nope it was a brick game like those old handheld things that came with one game onlyaesir05
Found it

PyramidHuevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 PyramidHuevin
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Can anyone please help me? The game I'm looking for has the following characteristics: -I played it on 2007 or 2008 (I don't really remember) in PS2. -I only played what I guess it was the first level. -The character I controlled was black and had an afro haircut. -I started on an abandoned street, at night. There were some guys with weapons, and they were all street gangsters (And, of course, they attacked me) -I had a few weapons, like a short-barrel revolver (With infinite ammo), a pistol, an UZI, and those kind of weapons used by street gangs. -And, I don't know if this is relevant, but the game was difficult (At least for me, and I wasn't very skillful with video games) Well, that's all I can remember about that game. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Black_Knight_00

Can anyone please help me? The game I'm looking for has the following characteristics: -I played it on 2007 or 2008 (I don't really remember) in PS2. -I only played what I guess it was the first level. -The character I controlled was black and had an afro haircut. -I started on an abandoned street, at night. There were some guys with weapons, and they were all street gangsters (And, of course, they attacked me) -I had a few weapons, like a short-barrel revolver (With infinite ammo), a pistol, an UZI, and those kind of weapons used by street gangs. -And, I don't know if this is relevant, but the game was difficult (At least for me, and I wasn't very skillful with video games) Well, that's all I can remember about that game. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.PyramidHuevin

The Warriors?

True Crime New York City?

PyramidHuevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 PyramidHuevin
Yeah! It was True Crime: NY City. I feel stupid, 'cause I was about to buy the game, and readed a lot of reviews, but never watched a single video (Until now). Thanks a lot!
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Black_Knight_00
Yeah! It was True Crime: NY City. I feel stupid, 'cause I was about to buy the game, and readed a lot of reviews, but never watched a single video (Until now). Thanks a lot!PyramidHuevin
You're welcome ;)
yossikha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 yossikha
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

hello, I really really hope that someone can help me. there is a game that I played when I was a kid, I was scared of it (even though it wasn't that scary), stopped playing it and now its lost,

so after the prologue,

here is what I vaguely remember:

I played it on my PC, I think it was between 1999-2003. It was sort of an adventure puzzle game like Myst only it was 2D, first person, I remember it was on an island, that there were talisman with animals shaped on them that allowed you to transform to that animal, I think there were character's there that were disappearing. there was a Minotaur in a maze there and a dinosaur somewhere, there is a Mayan calendar that is part of one of the first puzzles in the game, and if I'm not mistaken, the cover of the game had a dragonfly on it.

does anything of these rings antibody's bell? please help, I was looking for this game forever!!!

Chrisdekw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Chrisdekw
Hello, I am looking for a game I played ten years ago. It was some kind of Medieval role playing game. And I remember that most of the time it was dark (night) in the game. The gameplay was top-down perspective (like GTA II and Diablo III). You controlled a man by clicking with your mouse. On some point in the game you were in a small village. On the outskirts of the village were some guards. In the village was an armory where you could buy Maces, Swords, Staffs, Crossbows, etc. Outside the village was wild nature with lots of mobs: Reptiles, bees, cavemen, etc. I still remember that every mob had different levels. For example: There were green, red and blue reptiles, all with different strength and different health. The further you came outside the village, the harder the mobs were. If you came close enough to those mobs they started to attack you. After you killed the mobs they dropped a small brown bag with gold, bows, armor, and things like that, which you could sell in the armory for money. That money was needed to buy new armor/weapons. You will be my hero if you know the name of this game!
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Chrisdekw"]Hello, I am looking for a game I played ten years ago. It was some kind of Medieval role playing game. And I remember that most of the time it was dark (night) in the game. The gameplay was top-down perspective (like GTA II and Diablo III). You controlled a man by clicking with your mouse. On some point in the game you were in a small village. On the outskirts of the village were some guards. In the village was an armory where you could buy Maces, Swords, Staffs, Crossbows, etc. Outside the village was wild nature with lots of mobs: Reptiles, bees, cavemen, etc. I still remember that every mob had different levels. For example: There were green, red and blue reptiles, all with different strength and different health. The further you came outside the village, the harder the mobs were. If you came close enough to those mobs they started to attack you. After you killed the mobs they dropped a small brown bag with gold, bows, armor, and things like that, which you could sell in the armory for money. That money was needed to buy new armor/weapons. You will be my hero if you know the name of this game!

Your desciption fits a huge number of fantasy dungeon crawlers. Can you remember anything about characters or plot? I'll pitch a few titles: Siege of Avalon Neverwinter Nights Baldur's Gate Planescape: Torment Icewind Dale
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19563 Posts
It doesn't sound like any of the DnD games. How about something like Nox?
Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

The game was for either the Playstation 2 or for the regular XBox.

You play around in the game pretty much slicing off heads or whatever of robots and other machines and they gush out alot of blood.

Anyone know the name of that game?

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

The game was for either the Playstation 2 or for the regular XBox.

You play around in the game pretty much slicing off heads or whatever of robots and other machines and they gush out alot of blood.

Anyone know the name of that game?

slamminjammin69

Maybe, Nanobreaker for PS2

patrickh60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 patrickh60
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

A game came out a couple of years ago that seemed real Steampunk-y. People on dirigibles or cities floating in the sky. Seemed the action was shooter/anarchist. This sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Planeforger

A game came out a couple of years ago that seemed real Steampunk-y. People on dirigibles or cities floating in the sky. Seemed the action was shooter/anarchist. This sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

patrickh60
Sounds like Bioshock Infinite, only that's not out yet. They released footage a few years ago that matches that description.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Black_Knight_00

Thanks!

patrickh60
Guns of Icarus
wide_ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#269 wide_ocean
Member since 2008 • 288 Posts

This was a SNES title, with RPG-elements, but you played some kind of god-like protagonist. I think it also might have economy elements? Sometimes villagers would approach you with requests you could grant or deny...

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Black_Knight_00

This was a SNES title, with RPG-elements, but you played some kind of god-like protagonist. I think it also might have economy elements? Sometimes villagers would approach you with requests you could grant or deny...

wide_ocean
ActRaiser 2
wide_ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#271 wide_ocean
Member since 2008 • 288 Posts

[QUOTE="wide_ocean"]

Black_Knight_00

ActRaiser 2

Definitely that franchise, but perhaps the first one: "Changes from the original ActRaiser include the elimination of the village-building mode", as I remember the sort of managerial side to it?

Quote from http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/actraiser-2

Cheers

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="wide_ocean"]

wide_ocean

ActRaiser 2

Definitely that franchise, but perhaps the first one: "Changes from the original ActRaiser include the elimination of the village-building mode", as I remember the sort of managerial side to it?

Quote from http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/actraiser-2

Cheers

That's correct, it's the first one that has strategy elements. Oh well, we found it. You're welcome ;)
roxas_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#273 roxas_z
Member since 2008 • 240 Posts
Hello please some one help this game has been hunting my dreams for about 2 years i remember playing when i was at the 90s at school pc i think it was windows but the game graphics was amazing like watching interactive movie third grade its horror click and touch game the cover was 3 or 2 kids escaping from something game play click and go to place and you can collect i think hidden coins story i can remember only this bunch of kids running at their hood at night then i think a portal transported them into a creepy town you play and find your two friends trapped at punishment stocks you cant help em so you search the creepy town house by house i cant remember more the game play is point and click the time line of the release i think from 95 to 2002 the graphics were amazing for its time its like watching a movie i think it were live action or real good cg but please people help me remember this game
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="roxas_z"]Hello please some one help this game has been hunting my dreams for about 2 years i remember playing when i was at the 90s at school pc i think it was windows but the game graphics was amazing like watching interactive movie third grade its horror click and touch game the cover was 3 or 2 kids escaping from something game play click and go to place and you can collect i think hidden coins story i can remember only this bunch of kids running at their hood at night then i think a portal transported them into a creepy town you play and find your two friends trapped at punishment stocks you cant help em so you search the creepy town house by house i cant remember more the game play is point and click the time line of the release i think from 95 to 2002 the graphics were amazing for its time its like watching a movie i think it were live action or real good cg but please people help me remember this game

Goosebumps Escape From Horrorland
roxas_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#275 roxas_z
Member since 2008 • 240 Posts
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="roxas_z"]Hello please some one help this game has been hunting my dreams for about 2 years i remember playing when i was at the 90s at school pc i think it was windows but the game graphics was amazing like watching interactive movie third grade its horror click and touch game the cover was 3 or 2 kids escaping from something game play click and go to place and you can collect i think hidden coins story i can remember only this bunch of kids running at their hood at night then i think a portal transported them into a creepy town you play and find your two friends trapped at punishment stocks you cant help em so you search the creepy town house by house i cant remember more the game play is point and click the time line of the release i think from 95 to 2002 the graphics were amazing for its time its like watching a movie i think it were live action or real good cg but please people help me remember this game

Goosebumps Escape From Horrorland

Thx dude
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Black_Knight_00
Thx duderoxas_z
I'll assume that was the right game. You're welcome ;)
Lyycaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Lyycaan
Guys, can someone help me - what name of this game is? http://img.bagem.lv/images/218602838.png
Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#278 Aesthete18
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

Hello again boys, I'm back with a couple more games. Should be rather easy these ones.

Game 1:
A construction sim type game. You build houses and rent it out and then giant cockroaches start infesting houses which you have to clean up. Should be somewhere between 1995 - 1999. I really enjoyed playing it growing up and I wanna look it up again. And it's a PC game.

Game 2:
A Playstation 1 game. You start as a boy who has to pick a kung fu style and then you go around fighting other people who have different styles. Eventually you grow up but I'm not sure if you become old. I think it was kinda open world. Should be around 1997 - 2002.

Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Aesthete18
[QUOTE="Lyycaan"]Guys, can someone help me - what name of this game is? http://img.bagem.lv/images/218602838.png

Looks like Destruction Derby but I could be wrong.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Black_Knight_00

Hello again boys, I'm back with a couple more games. Should be rather easy these ones.

Game 1:
A construction sim type game. You build houses and rent it out and then giant cockroaches start infesting houses which you have to clean up. Should be somewhere between 1995 - 1999. I really enjoyed playing it growing up and I wanna look it up again. And it's a PC game.

Game 2:
A Playstation 1 game. You start as a boy who has to pick a kung fu style and then you go around fighting other people who have different styles. Eventually you grow up but I'm not sure if you become old. I think it was kinda open world. Should be around 1997 - 2002.

Aesthete18
The first one is Constructor, a 1997 DOS game For the second one it would help if you remembered what kind of game it was (platformer, 1vs1 fighting game...) and if it was 2D or 3D, what kind of camera angle it had, the more you say the easier to find.
Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Aesthete18
[QUOTE="Aesthete18"]

Game 1:

Game 2:

Black_Knight_00
The first one is Constructor, a 1997 DOS game For the second one it would help if you remembered what kind of game it was (platformer, 1vs1 fighting game...) and if it was 2D or 3D, what kind of camera angle it had, the more you say the easier to find.

Oh yeah sure, I thought it might be popular that's why i didn't include many details. Okay. it was very RPG like, you'd walk around in 3rd person when talking, traveling, etc. but when you fight i think it's like a 1vs1 fighting game. I think you travel to different cities/district which have different styles of kung fu and fight people until you reach the master and have to defeat him. And each district the fight would have the same background like one was outside a cave if I remember correctly. It was 3D game. I think it was like that Mortal Kombat RPG game, kinda looked like that I think. The main things though is you'd have to pick a style of kung fu in the start, and master it all by fighting others, only then you can win the game. And the aging part, don't think I've seen a game with aging prior to that. Constructor is the first game. Thanks, I might get it again.
aerial-ballet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 aerial-ballet
Hey guys, looking for a point-and-click PC game from the mid/late '90s or very early '00s. I don't remember the plot, but I do remember that it was in first-person perspective. I also remember ll as certain scenes and puzzles, like: 1. Being in an Egyptian setting and placing boxes on different boats. 2. Weighing gnomes or trolls on some sort of scale. 3. Inflating balloons with different gasses. The game may have had something to do with time travel, and I remember that at the start of a game there was a live-action professor/scientist man who gave the player instructions through a television screen. Thanks
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Planeforger

The game may have had something to do with time travel, and I remember that at the start of a game there was a live-action professor/scientist man who gave the player instructions through a television screen.aerial-ballet
That sounds like one of the Journeyman Project games - maybe the third one, Legacy of Time?

aerial-ballet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 aerial-ballet
No it wasn't Legacy of Time or any of the other JP games. It may have had "time" in the title or subtitle, though..
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="aerial-ballet"]No it wasn't Legacy of Time or any of the other JP games. It may have had "time" in the title or subtitle, though..

Timelapse
aerial-ballet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 aerial-ballet

I thought it might have been Timelapse, too. But when I looked at gameplay videos of that, it didn't match up with the scenes in my head.

The game I'm thinking of LOOKS like Timelapse, though. Like it's a similar game and from around the same time. What are some other games that are similar to TL?

Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 Aesthete18

I thought it might have been Timelapse, too. But when I looked at gameplay videos of that, it didn't match up with the scenes in my head.

The game I'm thinking of LOOKS like Timelapse, though. Like it's a similar game and from around the same time. What are some other games that are similar to TL?

aerial-ballet
Could it be Day of the Tentacle? it had a professor and time travel. Black_Knight_00: Any luck on my kung fu game?
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Black_Knight_00

aerial-ballet

Try these:

- Egypt: 1156 B.C

- Egypt 2 and 3

-Nightfall

@Aesthete18: unfortunately no, doesn't ring a bell and I couldn't find anything on the PS1 about a kid picking a combat style and growing up. Not yet anyway.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Black_Knight_00

Black_Knight_00: Any luck on my kung fu game?Aesthete18

Could it be Shaolin? Seems to fit the description pretty well. You use a kid, you walk around in an RPG way, speak to people, and then switches to a fighting game during action stages.

aerial-ballet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 aerial-ballet

Try these:

- Egypt: 1156 B.C

- Egypt 2 and 3

-Nightfall

Black_Knight_00

Checked 'em. No dice. This is one elusive game.

Egypt wasn't the only setting, though. It was just one part of the game. There were other settings, like a laboatory and a forest IIRC. The graphics were similar to Timelapse.. maybe slightly better. I was most likely released somwhere between '96 and '99.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Black_Knight_00

Checked 'em. No dice. This is one elusive game.

Egypt wasn't the only setting, though. It was just one part of the game. There were other settings, like a laboatory and a forest IIRC. The graphics were similar to Timelapse.. maybe slightly better. I was most likely released somwhere between '96 and '99.

aerial-ballet

Let's keep at it.

-Beyond Time / Shadow of the Obelisk

Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Aesthete18

[QUOTE="Aesthete18"]Black_Knight_00: Any luck on my kung fu game?Black_Knight_00

Could it be Shaolin? Seems to fit the description pretty well. You use a kid, you walk around in an RPG way, speak to people, and then switches to a fighting game during action stages.

This really looks like it especially when you choose either a girl or a boy, that part looks really familiar. The video was too short to confirm 100% as the fighting levels don't look familiar but I've sent the uploader a message. So hopefully it is, I got a good feeling about it. You're the only who could have found that, thanks Black_Knight_00, your help is appreciated.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

[QUOTE="Aesthete18"]Black_Knight_00: Any luck on my kung fu game?Aesthete18

This really looks like it especially when you choose either a girl or a boy, that part looks really familiar. The video was too short to confirm 100% as the fighting levels don't look familiar but I've sent the uploader a message. So hopefully it is, I got a good feeling about it. You're the only who could have found that, thanks Black_Knight_00, your help is appreciated.

You're welcome, hope it's what you are looking for. And yeah, it was a very obscure game.

Cede181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Cede181
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask about a game i played around the beginning of the 90's.
You played as some kind of blue cyborg with a handgun.

I only have vague details as i was very young when i played it.
It was played in a kind of broken sword fashion, it was either on the SNES, N64 or PS1, not really sure.

It also had an area in the beginning in the game called, "Back Street"

I've been looking for this game for ages, would eb awesome if you could help me out. :)

Thx in advance.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 Black_Knight_00

Hi guys,

It was played in a kind of broken sword fashion, it was either on the SNES, N64 or PS1, not really sure.

I've been looking for this game for ages, would eb awesome if you could help me out. :)

Thx in advance.

Cede181
Perfect Assassin
Cede181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Cede181

[QUOTE="Cede181"]

Hi guys,

Thx in advance.

Black_Knight_00

Perfect Assassin

My god, you are AMAZING.

You have no idea how long i've searched for this, thx a lot !

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Cede181"]

Hi guys,

Thx in advance.

Cede181

Perfect Assassin

My god, you are AMAZING.

haha you're welcome ;) Good to hear someone else remembers this game

Cede181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Cede181

[QUOTE="Cede181"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Perfect Assassin  Black_Knight_00

My god, you are AMAZING.

haha you're welcome ;) Good to hear some else remembers this game

Yep, I've never met someone who knew the game.

I even thought it never existed, like it was part of some dream i had or something :D