Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#1351 Posted by st1031120016 (25 posts) -

Thanks Black_Knight_00 for trying to help me, I really appreciate this.

I don't find it yet, but i still hoping.

#1352 Edited by Mrko11 (25 posts) -

Can someone please help me remember a old Xbox game from the early 2000's?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#1353 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@mrko11 said:

Can someone please help me remember a old Xbox game from the early 2000's?

That's a pretty good description, but I think you might be able to squeeze out a couple more details.

#1354 Posted by Mrko11 (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: ha ha! ;-)

#1355 Posted by Fabio_Naci (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yea i know that there are milions of rpg game that's why i can't find it ...

- I think its diferent from the rpg of now : you could recruit soilders of the same race , build towers , one of the races was night elves

and it's diferent from rpg of now becouse you couldn't move freely with the keyboard you used just the mous if i remember correctly.

I don't if this will be of help

#1356 Edited by finalstar2007 (27941 posts) -

There was a game i played on PC a long time ago where it had you play as a spaceship going from one planet to another and to know where to go to exactly is by following a moon shaped object, you basically follow it to know where to go to next.

been trying for a long time now to figure out its name but i simply forgot :(

#1357 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@fabio_naci said:

@Black_Knight_00: Yea i know that there are milions of rpg game that's why i can't find it ...

- I think its diferent from the rpg of now : you could recruit soilders of the same race , build towers , one of the races was night elves

and it's diferent from rpg of now becouse you couldn't move freely with the keyboard you used just the mous if i remember correctly.

I don't if this will be of help

Try D&D Dragonshard

#1358 Posted by sws11234 (25 posts) -

I only saw the trailer for this game. I don't think it had any gameplay, just a cut scene.

Some of this may be spotty, but from memory, it had guys in robes at a temple praying or preparing for some important event. The society was all swords and magic and olden times. I think some guys in machine guns came through a portal and messed everyone up. There was a girl that the machine gunners were trying to kill. She went through the portal and ended up in a more modern day or futuristic society. I think a dragon went through the portal with her and she jumped on its back as it ended.

It looked liked a final fantasy style 3d RPG game. I was going through all the trailers I could find for that series and didn't see it. I think the trailer came out in the last year or two.

Thanks!

#1359 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@sws11234 said:

I only saw the trailer for this game. I don't think it had any gameplay, just a cut scene.

Some of this may be spotty, but from memory, it had guys in robes at a temple praying or preparing for some important event. The society was all swords and magic and olden times. I think some guys in machine guns came through a portal and messed everyone up. There was a girl that the machine gunners were trying to kill. She went through the portal and ended up in a more modern day or futuristic society. I think a dragon went through the portal with her and she jumped on its back as it ended.

It looked liked a final fantasy style 3d RPG game. I was going through all the trailers I could find for that series and didn't see it. I think the trailer came out in the last year or two.

Thanks!

This?

#1360 Posted by Littlebill98 (25 posts) -

Hello, I would like to ask if anyone can find me a game that came out after 2004 on the PC. It was based around building a car with scrap parts and you can have a hover-car, or have a normal wheel or tread car. You would do quest to earn a currency and with this currency buy parts to your car. Your car was fully customizable but you couldn't paint it, as everything was made to look old, rusted, made of scrap, or destroyed. You could have any form of chassis and attachments. If i remember right you can also have user submitted parts or pre-built cars. there is also an arena where you can pit your car against other players. It is set in a post-apocalyptic American desert with towns, holdouts, and pirates that will try and kill you. I think its a 2D and 3D game, but I can't remember that detail. I first played it on a website but i can't remember to well.

#1361 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@littlebill98 said:

Hello, I would like to ask if anyone can find me a game that came out after 2004 on the PC. It was based around building a car with scrap parts and you can have a hover-car, or have a normal wheel or tread car. You would do quest to earn a currency and with this currency buy parts to your car. Your car was fully customizable but you couldn't paint it, as everything was made to look old, rusted, made of scrap, or destroyed. You could have any form of chassis and attachments. If i remember right you can also have user submitted parts or pre-built cars. there is also an arena where you can pit your car against other players. It is set in a post-apocalyptic American desert with towns, holdouts, and pirates that will try and kill you. I think its a 2D and 3D game, but I can't remember that detail. I first played it on a website but i can't remember to well.

It's a Flash game?

#1362 Posted by kigyopeti (25 posts) -

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for an old RTS game. It's from before 2000. I can't remember much but it was japanese (or chinese) themed. The resource of the game was potato. (And if i recall correctly, it only grew when it was raining.) I'm pretty sure it had a unit called occupier. You could occupy buildings with it.

Thanks for any help!

#1363 Edited by Littlebill98 (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yes it is i think, still can't quite remember

#1364 Edited by gerrrmy (25 posts) -

Hello I am trying to find a game from the snes platform. It was a 2D ANIME third person scroll game with a female protagonist. All I can really remember about it was that the female protagonist was in high school and I think she was a red head. It kinda reminded me of sailor moon a lil bit but I don't think it was. The protagonist had magical powers and I guess it would be considered a fighting game.

#1365 Edited by sws11234 (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: oh snap! That's it. Thanks!!!

#1366 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@sws11234: You're welcome ;)

#1367 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -
@gerrrmy said:

Hello I am trying to find a game from the snes platform. It was a 2D ANIME third person scroll game with a female protagonist. All I can really remember about it was that the female protagonist was in high school and I think she was a red head. It kinda reminded me of sailor moon a lil bit but I don't think it was. The protagonist had magical powers and I guess it would be considered a fighting game.

Try:

Kendo Rage (aka Makeruna! Makendo)

Super Valis IV

#1368 Edited by gerrrmy (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: yea it was kendo rage :P thanx man!

#1369 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@gerrrmy said:

@Black_Knight_00: yea it was kendo rage :P thanx man!

You're welcome ;)

#1370 Posted by tunguska666 (25 posts) -

Hi guys,

First of all let me say, great thread. So many memories coming back to me as I read through all the games people have forgotten.

Ive got three of my own that over the years Ive been dying to figure out.

The first one was a side-scroller/platformer, that if memory serves me right had a female protagonist who was hunting demons. I remember her wearing red (clothes/suit/armor I dont remember) and she used a gun. I played this around the late 90's to the early 2000.

The second one I remember with a little more detail. At the beginning you could choose to play the level either as a female or male, each one fought differently (if I remember, the male used a bowstaff). It was third person, and you would go around killing monsters. I remember the first level had a troll that would pop out of the wall right as you started playing. There was also a level I remember that was I believe a butcher with carcasses hanging from the ceilings on meat hooks and you would fight dogs. I also played this game around the late 90's to the early 2000

The third one is a more recent one. I bought the game around 2006-2008. It was a fantasy rpg game but what sold me on it was that on the back of the case, it said the game had realistic combat based on the different monster you faced, so if you were fighting a giant ogre (which was a picture on the back cover if memory serves me right) id imagine that the animations and combat style would fit for what it would be like to really fight that monster. Sadly I never got it to run on my pc so I gave it away without second thought and forgot about it.

Thanks and sorry for all these requests. Keep up the good work!

#1371 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@tunguska666: The second one is Nightmare Creatures

The first one I could probably find if you tell me which system you played it on

No idea about the third

#1372 Edited by tunguska666 (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Oh man thats the one. All of these games were played on PC. Not sure if they had to run on MSDOS though.

Edit: It seems I got so excited I forgot my manners. Thank you very much!

#1373 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@tunguska666 said:

@Black_Knight_00: Oh man thats the one. All of these games were played on PC. Not sure if they had to run on MSDOS though.

Edit: It seems I got so excited I forgot my manners. Thank you very much!

You're welcome. As for the platformer, try Dark Angael

1997 game, female, red armor, gun, shooting demons. It fits the description.

#1374 Posted by tunguska666 (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: That is exactly the one. Words alone cant describe how grateful I am. Thank you!

#1375 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@tunguska666 said:

@Black_Knight_00: That is exactly the one. Words alone cant describe how grateful I am. Thank you!

Well, that was quick lol. Better get to work on the third one then. It would really help if you knew if if was first person or third person.

Try Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

#1376 Edited by tunguska666 (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I think it was third person. Keep in mind, I never actually got a chance to play it so I just wanted to know what I was missing. Pretty sure it wasnt DMMM. One of the game features I remember was that it claimed to have a revolutionary combat system (dont all games claim that though :p ) like I described. But when I tried to google search for games that fit that description I get nothing.

Edit: maybe also bump its time frame to around 2010

#1377 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@tunguska666: From what you could see from the box, it didn't appear to be like a top-down clicky RPG (like Neverwinter Nights for instance), right? More like an action adventure with the camera behind the character?

Try Gothic 3, Two Worlds 2, Divinity 2

#1378 Posted by tunguska666 (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: You know, it may just be Gothic 3. Ill check it out. Thanks!

#1379 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@tunguska666 said:

@Black_Knight_00: You know, it may just be Gothic 3. Ill check it out. Thanks!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Gothic 3: that game wasn't able to run even on minimum detail and resolution on my PC that could run Dead Space and FarCry 2 on ultra.

#1381 Posted by Aueberon (25 posts) -

Hey,

I'd love some help with this one but Im afraid I dont have a lot to go on, pretty sure it was a cell shaded JRPG on the PS2 but all I can remember about it is theres a cutscene where the main characters are fighting in midair while teleporting around while, I want to say a train, is pulling out beneath them

#1382 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@aueberon said:

Hey,

I'd love some help with this one but Im afraid I dont have a lot to go on, pretty sure it was a cell shaded JRPG on the PS2 but all I can remember about it is theres a cutscene where the main characters are fighting in midair while teleporting around while, I want to say a train, is pulling out beneath them

Rogue Galaxy?

#1383 Posted by Aueberon (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@aueberon said:

Hey,

Rogue Galaxy?

Unfortunately not, trying to recall some more details I seem to recall it might have been part of a series that was more normal in earlier incarnations, and the guys maybe looked like power ranger style ninjas. Pretty sure it wasnt Wild Arms 3 or Radiata Sotries either which are the only other cell shaded JRPGs that comes to mind (maybe it wasnt cel shaded, less than helpful I know)

#1385 Posted by anyakay (25 posts) -

Ok so this is a long shot here but I have two educational games I used to play on that I can't remember. This is bugging me so damn much now. So, the first one, was set in egypt, at least some of it was, and i seem to recall it being a Maths/puzzle game. I remember one bit involving having to answer the questions to stop the water flowing in this egyptian building or something? That's all i can remember right now.

The other game (well technically there were two of them - an English one and a Maths one) I can't remember much about them at all but i thought they were called Number Crunch and Word Crunch, however i've searched this and can't find anything on it so it must be something really similar to this.

If anyone could help me it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks

#1386 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@anyakay said:

Ok so this is a long shot here but I have two educational games I used to play on that I can't remember. This is bugging me so damn much now. So, the first one, was set in egypt, at least some of it was, and i seem to recall it being a Maths/puzzle game. I remember one bit involving having to answer the questions to stop the water flowing in this egyptian building or something? That's all i can remember right now.

The other game (well technically there were two of them - an English one and a Maths one) I can't remember much about them at all but i thought they were called Number Crunch and Word Crunch, however i've searched this and can't find anything on it so it must be something really similar to this.

If anyone could help me it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks

The time frame, system, operating system?

In the meantime, check out Ancient Egypt and Number Munchers

#1387 Posted by alexchartre (25 posts) -

Hi guys!

There is a game i played when i was younger and can't remember the name of it.

So here are the details:

1. It came out between 2000 and 2008

2. I played it on xbox but i think it was also on playstation 2

3. It was a third person game. It took place in a futuristic world ( with spaceship, laser guns and aliens ). You play a male with brown hair and he is very charismatic. The game starts with the character and is brother returning from a mission from space. Some aliens attack the mother ship they are on and the character loses his brother and girlfriend. His mission will be to avenge the death of his loved ones. At the beginning of the game he only uses guns but at some point he learns magic powers from the good aliens ( powers like throwing energy balls, energy shield, etc ).

Voilà. I hope I was specific enough!

#1388 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@alexchartre said:

Hi guys!

There is a game i played when i was younger and can't remember the name of it.

So here are the details:

1. It came out between 2000 and 2008

2. I played it on xbox but i think it was also on playstation 2

3. It was a third person game. It took place in a futuristic world ( with spaceship, laser guns and aliens ). You play a male with brown hair and he is very charismatic. The game starts with the character and is brother returning from a mission from space. Some aliens attack the mother ship they are on and the character loses his brother and girlfriend. His mission will be to avenge the death of his loved ones. At the beginning of the game he only uses guns but at some point he learns magic powers from the good aliens ( powers like throwing energy balls, energy shield, etc ).

Voilà. I hope I was specific enough!

Advent Rising?

#1389 Posted by BlitzBallerJG (25 posts) -
So this game I'm trying to find is from back in the 80's or 90's, most likely on the NES but possibly SNES or Genesis. The game was based in space or on the moon, and required the player's navigation of an astronaut, through rugged, jagged moon-like terrain. He was essentially floating along amidst spikey moon-like levels. Unfortunately I can't remember many other details. I was born in '86 and played this as a kid with a friend I no longer know. Thanks for any help!
#1390 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@BlitzBallerJG said:
So this game I'm trying to find is from back in the 80's or 90's, most likely on the NES but possibly SNES or Genesis. The game was based in space or on the moon, and required the player's navigation of an astronaut, through rugged, jagged moon-like terrain. He was essentially floating along amidst spikey moon-like levels. Unfortunately I can't remember many other details. I was born in '86 and played this as a kid with a friend I no longer know. Thanks for any help!

Super Drop Zone (SNES)

#1391 Edited by glaciax (25 posts) -

Ok, I played this game a looong time ago, it is old.

It has a top-down game perspective, and 2 players could play it on shared screen, both players had their base and their space ship which required fuel to move over a map (you could choose several planets as maps) you could refill fuel from control points and base. The spaceship could transform into a walking robot. The point of the game is to destroy enemy base by building defenses, fleet and scouting, capturing fuel points with people. I would put it in sci fi rts genre. The ships you owned could shoot, and had their own hp, if you were destroyed, you would be respawned at base. Can anybody remember the name of this game, because I loved it. If I remember anymore details I'll edit this post

edit: also the ship you controlled could carry units (fleet or defense) one by one, to repair them or replace them

#1392 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@glaciax said:

Ok, I played this game a looong time ago, it is old.

It has a top-down game perspective, and 2 players could play it on shared screen, both players had their base and their space ship which required fuel to move over a map (you could choose several planets as maps) you could refill fuel from control points and base. The spaceship could transform into a walking robot. The point of the game is to destroy enemy base by building defenses, fleet and scouting, capturing fuel points with people. I would put it in sci fi rts genre. The ships you owned could shoot, and had their own hp, if you were destroyed, you would be respawned at base. Can anybody remember the name of this game, because I loved it. If I remember anymore details I'll edit this post

edit: also the ship you controlled could carry units (fleet or defense) one by one, to repair them or replace them

Herzog Zwei

(If I had a penny for every time people asked about this game over the years :D )

#1393 Posted by glaciax (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Sadly, no :( I just watched a gameplay vid, the game I'm talking about had those mechanics, but it was for pc and graphics were a bit better :/

#1394 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@glaciax said:

@Black_Knight_00: Sadly, no :( I just watched a gameplay vid, the game I'm talking about had those mechanics, but it was for pc and graphics were a bit better :/

When you say PC do you mean DOS or Win95 and onwards? In other words, what's the time frame?

#1395 Posted by glaciax (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I was born in '97 so probably win 95 onwards, I can remember that the graphics had better resolution (more space, the ships were smaller), more colors, but still 2D top-down. The HUD was more complicated and it was on the bottom of the screen

#1396 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@glaciax said:

@Black_Knight_00: I was born in '97 so probably win 95 onwards, I can remember that the graphics had better resolution (more space, the ships were smaller), more colors, but still 2D top-down. The HUD was more complicated and it was on the bottom of the screen

Did it come on a disc (as in a proper boxed release) or was it like a free game you downloaded somewhere?

#1397 Edited by glaciax (25 posts) -

Found it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyeJXSDZBy8

damn it was very very hard to find, I had to go through all the games EVER released on a magazines cds...

#1398 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21113 posts) -

@glaciax said:

Found it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyeJXSDZBy8

damn it was very very hard to find, I had to go through all the games EVER released on a magazines cds...

Yeah, that's the freeware game I was vaguely thinking about (but couldn't remember the name of it), which is why I asked if it was a free downloadable game ;)

Good job finding it.

#1399 Posted by mad1asasinzzz- (25 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: hmm

#1400 Edited by jurichi (25 posts) -

I actually saw two of these games from funny Let's Play videos, but haven't been able to find them again since I don't know the games' names.

The first one looked to be perhaps a Dreamcast game (based on the blocky-ish 3D graphics) or a Playstation game. It started out on a fancy ship (more like a cruise ship). The main character you played was a guy that was a waiter on the ship (he brought out plates of food). He could crash into someone, and get yelled at, and you had the option to act defiant towards your employer. Then, the ship crashes or something, and the ship starts filling up with water. So you have to navigate around the ship and survive. Also, there was a female character that you can find hiding in the locker, and she comes along with you. Eventually, you get to a point where there's a huge waterfall, and you have to wade through water that's pushing you towards the edge (the waterfall).

Edit: Found this second one - it was Painkiller: Overdose. The second one was a game where you played as some demon guy, and the game played sort of like Quake or Doom (sort of). One of the levels was really ridiculous, where it was set at a farm, and all the farm animals were possessed demons. There were devil chickens that were flying out of coops attacking you, and there were evil cows with mechanical legs, and on the walls written in blood were messages like "I'm sorry, I won't eat meat again!" and "I'll join PETA!" I think there was also a level that had you go through an orphanage that had evil, possessed orphans.