Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#12851 Edited by Rheingold (1 posts) -

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to remember the name of a console game I played a lot between 1994-1996. It was a 2 player game where each player controlled a civilization which gathered elements to build weapons in an arms race against the opponent. The ultimate weapon was a nuke, but you could also build an anti-nuke shield that would bounce the nuke back onto your opponent if they fired one. The biggest thing I remember was when supply was getting low, a loud voice would proclaim, 'We are running out of elements!'

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

#12852 Edited by cesarvicente (2 posts) -

I played this nice 2d platformer a few years back and always lose track of it.

you can play with 2 caveman a blond one and a dark haired one, the objective of the game is to save the wife of the blond one.

you can pick fruits and gems, which there is a minimum you need to progress to other levels. There's a nice map screen from which you select the levels. Most of the time you use stones you can throw to kill dinos but can also use a club to kill smaller enemies. Hardest bosses are a triceratops and end game boss which is a trex.

Any idea of the name of the game? I think it's Cave something, second word might rhyme or have something to do with plague, not sure though.

#12853 Posted by CookieCrumbles (29 posts) -

@cesarvicente: Joe and Mac or Caveman Ninjas?

#12854 Edited by cesarvicente (2 posts) -

@cookiecrumbles: not those, it's a more modern game for PC only I think. It have very cute pixel graphics, to a an extent you can't actually see indvidual pixels

the 2 playable characters have blond and black hair. You can play in turns like in super mario games.

#12855 Posted by HuZ47 (2 posts) -

Human fall flat mobile. Best mobile funny game ever. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/BXCDYN4oN2s

#12856 Edited by Camila1703 (1 posts) -

Hi everyone,

Ive been trying to find this game but doesnt matter how i describe it, i cant find it. This game i played on my samsung galaxy about 2 to 3 years back. It was a first person view game about going through a series of quest to pass each door. It was a girl with powers ( i think telekinesis, like move stuff with her mind) who was put through this tests to find her sister. From what i can remember it seemed as if she was, the owner of these tests, experiment. If its not enough info, tell me and ill try to remember more about it. Thank you (sorry for my bad english its not my first language)

#12857 Edited by Manni (3 posts) -

Hello, all.

I would much appreciate your assistance in finding a game I played back in the early 2000s (2004 or earlier. Game may have been released at any point in the 90s, too.)

PC release, 3D Platformer.

Involved nature-based levels with obstacles such as cacti, animals (I believe), and eventually lava.

The objective was to rescue a person in each level (possibly multiple people in later levels), and I believe I had to locate a key in order to do so.

The graphics were similar to those in A Bug's Life Action Game.

EDIT: Thinking about it further, I feel like the protagonist (and related characters) were human.

EDIT 2: I don't remember using any sort of weapons or having access to a shop at all.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#12858 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21581 posts) -
@manni said:

Hello, all.

I would much appreciate your assistance in finding a game I played back in the early 2000s (2004 or earlier. Game may have been released in the late 90s)

PC release, 3D Platformer.

Involved nature-based levels with obstacles such as cacti, animals (I believe), and eventually lava.

The objective was to rescue a person in each level (possibly multiple people in later levels), and I believe I had to locate a key in order to do so.

The graphics were similar to those in A Bug's Life Action Game.

Sounds like Croc

#12859 Edited by snowflake5 (1 posts) -

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to find this game that was on mofunzone where you had to take care of these little green aliens that look like balls that are trying to build a ship to get back home. They would lay eggs and you can click on them for money or put them in an incubator area where they would hatch to become more aliens. The aliens can grow old or get sick and you would have to put them in the sick area to heal them. You could also turn some of them into little blue warrior aliens to fight the predators that would come out of a cave every once in a while and you have to drag the baby aliens to the safe area or the predator would eat them. There was also lava that would come randomly and you would have to drag the aliens away from the lava or they would die. Thank you!!

#12860 Edited by CncEurope (1 posts) -

Hello GAMESPOT,i need your help finding a game i played when i was a kid,

Lets start where did i played that game(i used to buy windows magazine and it contains a CD with demo games around 2002 2004)

The game probably from 1995 to 2000 judging by the graphics

all i remember is that game looks like ceasar3 in terms of map, graphics,

like rpg adventure game,

Charecter is fighters or wizards i can play with i think,

its like cities i can visit,buy and sell items ,

The map fogged and you need to move to show it i believe,

in one place theres a dragon like a boss one,you need to grind before challenging him,

i remember if you kill one nutural guy from the cities, you become an enemy in the whole game lol,

the game type(i don't know the name but i have steps when i move the ai moves too) move based turn?

Tgis game took me around 1 week searching from the ground, no results :(

Thank you in advance.

#12861 Edited by avironstyl (1 posts) -

Hi,

I'm looking for help finding a game I played in the early 2000s on my PS3.

The game starts with two brothers in a desert like setting and they're trying to escape, one brother dies and the other narrowly escapes. The game then continues in this desert setting where you can smash buildings and collect metal, complete quests-including timed ones where you can use propane tanks to blow up buildings. The faster you do it and the more metal you collect the better your position.

The point of the game is to defeat this enemy sanction that have enemy bases throughout this desert setting and if you destroy too much or do too many negative things they start to come after you.

You can steal vehicles and collect weapons from your main base or throughout the game (as well as ammunition). The idea is to destroy all of the enemy bases through quests.

I know it's available as a download for PS3 now as they stopped making the game but I can't remember the name of it.

Thanks

#12862 Edited by jesper124214 (2 posts) -

hey, played a game on computer 1990s - 2005 i think.

only thing i remember it was solo game. and i had a donkey beside me to hold items.

#12863 Posted by oareaso (72 posts) -

@jesper124214:

Dungeon Siege 1 ?

#12864 Posted by Nikorasu666 (2 posts) -

Hello

Im looking for a game i played like 20 years ago in a cousin's house

Platform(s): PC

Genre: Point and Click / Puzzle

Estimated year of release: I remember playing it between the years of 1995-2000.

Graphics/art style: It was 8 bit

Notable characters: I remember the main character being male, fat and full of regreats. The other one was a "fairy" who help the man returning him to hight school.

Notable gameplay mechanics:

I was point and click.

I remember in one point at highschool the guy tries to eat a paper.

You need to do better things at highchool but the guy is lazy so he tried to copy an exman and somethings like that.

Other details:

Dont remember much, just thoese things, but i think was cool.

Please! Help me i want to know the name of the game like for 20 years.

THANKS!

#12865 Edited by jesper124214 (2 posts) -

@oareasoyes. thank god. have been looking for it for so long ty ty:

#12866 Posted by Manni (3 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Thinking about it further, I feel like the protagonist (and related characters) were human. Croc looks similar, though.

#12867 Posted by oareaso (72 posts) -

@manni: i know its probably none of them but i will guess Fur fighters or Rayman 3 .

#12869 Posted by Manni (3 posts) -

@oareaso said:

@manni: i know its probably none of them but i will guess Fur fighters or Rayman 3 .

Definitely not either of those, but thanks!

I don't remember using any sort of weapons or having access to a shop at all.

#12870 Posted by Dang3rBen (1 posts) -

Hi all, I’m new to this so please excuse my lack of knowledge!

Looking for a game that come out in the early 2000’s

It was a browser game that was text based (no cutscenes or photos etc), each “battle” was simulated by chance and power

you had a limited number of attacks per day and each attack was matches randomly or to your population level (or something like that)

Troops were like archers, cavalry and infantry I think

Had a ranked scoreboard that was based off your army population/numbers and strength

Believe the browser was completely white with boxes to type in quantities of troops to deploy etc...

That is everything I can think of for now, have been trying to find this game for weeks now so any help/suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Ben :-)

#12871 Edited by SpecialDemon (1 posts) -

Ok so I played this game in the early 2000s on PC. All I can remember is that it was a free flash game about a stick figure entering a castle and fighting mages. There were several different elemental staffs that you could choose from to fight with and there was a deep story in the game too. I remember the entire game being blue tinted and there was also a narrator who told you about what was happening. I think it's called The Adventures of Ping or Paul but I can't find it. It was also a platformer when the character got inside the castle.

#12872 Edited by Marklanchvar32 (1 posts) -

I am here to ask you guys if you know what game is it

in 2011, it is a 3d monster truck game where the "lose" scene had a two cops with the driver's socks and album, and old lady appears and the driver scared, and you can buy a flower trail upgrade, every time you ram things the owner (of the thing you rammed) appear on screen, it is a flash game i played on windows xp>mozilla>y8.com

Avatar image for lamentationusmc
#12873 Posted by LamentationUSMC (2 posts) -

Good afternoon I'm really hoping someone can help me with this.

Fortunately i know everything about the game pretty much other than its freakin name. It is a side scrolling combat game, pretty gory if i remember correctly(you can like full on cut people in half and dismember them) its very fast paced you play as an alien..creature with giant blades for hands fighting humanoid creatures that invaded your planet or something. Its a relatively new game coming out within like the last few years i believe specifically for PC.

P.S. If it helps i thought the name of it was like fury or rage or something.

#12874 Posted by oareaso (72 posts) -

@lamentationusmc: Shadow of the beast 2016 ?

#12875 Posted by sudduthja (1 posts) -

im looking for an older rpg game where the starting location is near a giant ruined wall and the main char wants to explore it but runs into the military or something and ends up haveing to cross to the other side he has a couple of friends i think a girl and a boy, the boy quits at a certin point but i cant remember much more than that. nobody has ever been across it took me a couple of hours to get through the wall but i put the game down after i hit a save point and i cant remember the name of the game

Avatar image for lamentationusmc
#12876 Posted by LamentationUSMC (2 posts) -

@oareaso: HAHA Christ YES thank you!!

#12877 Edited by K1ngroodoo (1 posts) -

Hey everyone i use to play a game roughly 10 years ago in school and i faintly remember it i'll try my best but of what i do remember is you go and hunt slimes by clickin on different tiles and you can buy upgrades or something like that sorry thats about it to be honest besides the slimes were different colour with different rareitys if you can help please do its been driving me insane for ages now and cant find it sorry for lack of info thanks

#12878 Edited by State (2 posts) -

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a mobile puzzle game I played a year ago with my mother.

Platform(s): Android

Genre: Puzzle / Family Friendly

Estimated year of release: Most likely 2010s

Graphics/art style: Fixed third person (Far camera angle that you can't move, sees the overall given area of game level)

Notable characters: There are 2 main characters, (probably brother and sister) a boy and a girl around the age 6-12

Notable gameplay mechanics: The goal was to get the 2 kids together by moving the floor tiles. If you succeed at the level by making moves the least amount, you get 3 stars, otherwise you'd get 2 or 1 star. In the main menu, there was a map, around 4-5 area like fire/green/ice, each area had around 10-20 levels. In the gameplay there were classic floor tiles that you move, if I remember correctly each floor tile had it's own direction, like one is horizontal, one is down and right with a curve, one is vertical, etc. There were floor tiles that don't move, floor tiles that rotates at each move.

Other details: It's not the android game Lost Twins, that's moving rooms, not floor tiles. The best similar game to give you the idea, would be the pc game called "BonVoyage!" released on steam at 20 Jun, 2019.

I have searched this game over 2 months now, I know it's a child mobile game but my mother loved it a lot and it would mean a lot to me, to be able to find the game and play with her once again. Thank you so much :)

#12879 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21581 posts) -

@state: I was going to say Monument Valley, but looking at Bon Voyage I see it's all wrong. Mobile and browser games are a lost cause, sadly: it's really like looking for a needle in a haystack.

#12880 Posted by State (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 I see. Thank you for quick reply. I'm still going to check the forum, maybe someone else who played might know.

#12881 Edited by elaciara (1 posts) -

Hello,

I’ve been trying to remember a game my uncle played when I was younger. It was definitely a ps1,2, or 3 game. So bare with me because my memory is faint. You started as a baby in like some sort of spaceship or like a quarantined inside area with other people and you stayed in there as you grew up. As you grew up I’m pretty sure you trained. I remember the character sitting at a classroom desk. And I think he was in first person at the desk. Anyway, eventually when you’re older you go to the outside world which is no longer capable of living. I think the world may have ended or something of that nature. I remember him fighting off creatures or maybe they were dogs? Sorry for the loss of memory it was so long ago. If anyone could help it would be so much appreciated as this has been bugging me for years. I may also be mixing 2 different games as well. Thanks!!

#12882 Posted by oareaso (72 posts) -

@elaciara: 100% sure it's Fallout 3

#12884 Posted by Mercyl (2 posts) -

This one's a little vague, I had the name of the game a while back after seeing a post somewhere but have lost it again.

All I remember was the game was for PSOne, the genre was puzzle and you progressed by building houses/bigger houses/skyscrapers or something of that sort, I remember it being on a grid but that could be wrong bacause I played this game probably in the late 90s so it's quite some time ago! I'm pretty sure the buildings start blue and changed colours when you moved on to different levels

If anyone can figure this games name out I'd be so happy!

#12885 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21581 posts) -
@mercyl said:

This one's a little vague, I had the name of the game a while back after seeing a post somewhere but have lost it again.

All I remember was the game was for PSOne, the genre was puzzle and you progressed by building houses/bigger houses/skyscrapers or something of that sort, I remember it being on a grid but that could be wrong bacause I played this game probably in the late 90s so it's quite some time ago! I'm pretty sure the buildings start blue and changed colours when you moved on to different levels

If anyone can figure this games name out I'd be so happy!

Building Crush?

#12886 Posted by Mercyl (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: thanks, I found it now! Builders block!

#12887 Edited by hnnnggh (1 posts) -

Hello,

Played a game around early 2000s, which name i dont recall and it drives me nuts.

Mediocre looking game for its time, so it probably was not a big name and most likely not from any well known game houses.

PC, 1999-2004, 3D 3rd Person, Open world, Adventure/Puzzle.

You controlled a robot or space suited guy on a crude planet (no vegetation?, only hills), you had to do tasks (collect items, and fix your spacecraft?) before you could enter next level/planet. I dont recall that there were any enemies or shooting involved.

After Hours of searching, i found it on other gamespot thread: Colobot

#12888 Posted by Ambitionz (1 posts) -

SO I've been wanting to play this game my ex best friend showed me when I was in freshmen year in high school. (I'm a senior now, if that helps with the time frame) and It had like a really cute blob for the icon and you could use pictures on the internet as your avatar and you could make rooms. When you started the game it put you in front of a forest like cottage entrance. I've been looking it up for about 3 hours now and it won't pop up. Anybody know the name? Thanks

#12889 Edited by James_Arlwind (1 posts) -

Okay so I remember playing this strategy game on my iPad about last year, maybe the year before.

It was a cute little thing, a bit like Battle of Polytopia,

You started as a barbarian tribe and had to add different resources directly onto your units and structures to advance them into different thing (eg bread onto a standard unit would turn it into a soldier).

You’d expand by conquering tile by tile and village by village.

Different tiles had different resources that would generate real-time.

Anyone able to help me out? I can’t for the life of me find it again on the AppStore. Does it even still exist???

#12890 Edited by thinhtukof97 (3 posts) -

i have searched a game for more than 10 years but still no hope now, if someone here tell me the name of this childhood game, i will really appreciate.

I remember play it on an 2D arcade game machine from 2003 to 2005 , an astronaut falling to an acient earth, a wolf that can stand like a human come to help him find the spaceship, there are about 7 round of fighting with many kinds of dinosaurs. The weapon the wolf use is an axe throw to dinosaurs to kill thems. The art of this game is decent, cute and i remember the second round's boss was an T Rex that can bounce up and down.

That's all i can remember from my childhood game. Hope to find out the game's name, please help me ..

#12891 Posted by thinhtukof97 (3 posts) -

a wolf standing like a human throw axes to kill dinosaur

#12892 Posted by thinhtukof97 (3 posts) -

to defeat the dinosaur i have to control the wolf to jump over and over again then throw axes

#12893 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21581 posts) -
@thinhtukof97 said:

i have searched a game for more than 10 years but still no hope now, if someone here tell me the name of this childhood game, i will really appreciate.

I remember play it on an 2D arcade game machine from 2003 to 2005 , an astronaut falling to an acient earth, a wolf that can stand like a human come to help him find the spaceship, there are about 7 round of fighting with many kinds of dinosaurs. The weapon the wolf use is an axe throw to dinosaurs to kill thems. The art of this game is decent, cute and i remember the second round's boss was an T Rex that can bounce up and down.

That's all i can remember from my childhood game. Hope to find out the game's name, please help me ..

Red Earth?

#12894 Edited by RetRoll (1 posts) -

Alright , i hope you can help me with this one.
This is a wizard game somewhere 2000-2007 , in it you play as a generic looking boy, you are in your room then some guy teleports to you and takes you to wizard school, i think . There you can buy spells and duel with other students , you can walk left and right to dodge attacks , one of the enemies i remember is lich or skeleton. It's a 3d game with third person perspective. That's all i can think of.

#12895 Edited by Elisabc (2 posts) -

I have been searching all over but can't find a pc game (offline) I used to play around 2004-2005. The only character was a teenage boy who's bedroom is transported to another planet / space shuttle. The game mostly consists of walking around /exploring the space shuttle which seems abandoned and searching for clues for how to get back home. I'm pretty sure that as you find more clues you can access more areas of the space shuttle. The graphics weren't amazing. That's all I can remember, hope someone else might have played this game!

#12896 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21581 posts) -

@elisabc said:

I have been searching all over but can't find a pc game (offline) I used to play around 2004-2005. The only character was a teenage boy who's bedroom is transported to another planet / space shuttle. The game mostly consists of walking around /exploring the space shuttle which seems abandoned and searching for clues for how to get back home. I'm pretty sure that as you find more clues you can access more areas of the space shuttle. The graphics weren't amazing. That's all I can remember, hope someone else might have played this game!

Out of Order

Loading Video...

#12897 Edited by mw96 (1 posts) -

I'm looking for a game that I was playing in early 2000s on PC. Here are all the things I remember about it:

- it was Sci-fi, isometric view

- you played as Mech or some kind of tank

- you found additional weapons, mines etc on map and they were shown later at the bottom of the hud

- there were missions about destroying base which probably had a shape of half of a ball. When you had to destroy it base was red, if protect probably blue

- there was a mission about destroying base and a lot of friendly tanks were helping you and driving towards it

- there was a mission where you had to collect and deploy the weapons (probably turrets) and mines around your base and defend your base in the middle of the screen

- in last mission you had to take down huge aircraft that was shooting everywhere

- you could choose the level in menu. Every level was a different planet to click.

I've been looking for that game for 10 years now. I know it isn't LAPD Future Cop or Mechwarrior or Mechcommander neither. But I don't even know how I got this game and it's probable that it could be from somewhere in the internet, but it opened normally, like every game in it's own window.

Thanks in advance

#12898 Posted by anteige (2 posts) -

Hi,

I've been looking for this game that I've enjoy playing when I was a child. Since I was very young, I'm not sure about any of my informations but heres what I remember :

I suppose this game came around 1990s since I think i've played it from a floppy-disk on my PC.

From what I can remember, its a fantasy 2D platformer that may come from japan since the progagonist had green or purple hair. He also have thoses wierds things that looks like bugs antennas on his head.

I think the game start on top of mountains in full-moon night but It may be another level. I remember for sure that there is a level with undergound caves where you swing and the enemies are Diodons.

Let me know if you have any clue!

Thanks

#12899 Posted by jennifi (2 posts) -

Guys I have searched everywhere for this but cant find it.

The main character is Larf and has blue army and you build his empire while simultaneously killing your one enemy

It was a WINDOWS game

32 - bit

bird eye view/ isocentric

Strategy/Tower defense game

It's more than 10 years since I played this

You have to built barrack, train army, defend your Command HQ while attacking and destroying the enemy who is trying to do the same to you

There are four factions in game

BLUE (led By young guy with cavalry named Larf)

PURPLE

(led by witch and mostly all her soldiers and commanders are witches and healers , all female)

RED (led by an old man with white beard)

GREEN (led by an armored man , basically the most brutal)

The game has 2 modes

Campaign

Training

In campaign mode

In campaign intro (a house is shown where someone is killed or dies, it says it was the death of demon but a new demon was born too)

then the real game starts

So, In campaign, mode , you are given faction Blue under prince Larf and his soldiers and commanders and fight the green bad guys (basically a 1 on 1), killing their soldiers and destroying their barracks and Command HQ

at near end they take larfs mother hostage aka Mother Queen so he avenge them by totally killing them all

After that next arcs starts with faction purple, witches (that is when i stopped playing) , they do the same with their enemies. Here you are given the purple faction of witches

In Training mode, all four factions are present, you choose any, exploit resources, but they wont attack or build barrrack, they are idle. They only fight if you approach them

built barracks, train stronger armies

raid and kill all 3 other factions

while defending your Command HQ

#12900 Edited by leon2356 (2 posts) -

Hi,

I've been looking for a game I saw in a trailer on youtube about 2-3 years ago I think I was it on IGN or Playstation.

In the game, you played as an anthropomorphic animal in I think it was Detroit. It was an RPG like game, in the trailer it showed you working a job in a laundromat and boxing in a boxing match. driving a taxi cab. But the one thing that stood out to me the most was the theme song for the trailer. It went something like this:

"The killer held the gun, then he thought. "Life is a thread I can cut, whenever, I, want". The priest counted the rosary beads, "we're a part of God" he thought. then they bumped into each other. "Sorry," they said, then they walked away, never to see each other again. The killer counted the rosary beads. The priest held the gun. Then he said, "God is a thread I can cut, whenever, I, want." Welcome home."

That is about all I for sure remember.