Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#12801 Posted by malxhall (1 posts) -

Need help finding a web based/browser/flash game from around 2008-2011. I remember you had a human character I’m pretty sure, and you could gain a tiny pet that would follow you around kind of floating behind you. You had to explore and solve different things. I think part of it included ancient ruins and finding jewels that were significant.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
#12802 Posted by burntbyhellfire (451 posts) -

for years ive been trying to remember and find an old NES game i played.. i think you played some kind of knight or something and i remember one level or part of the world where he was able to go into the clouds.. my memory of it is so vague at this point

#12803 Edited by SwarleyBL (2 posts) -

https://imgur.com/5KuufDU

is someone recognize this?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#12804 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21582 posts) -

@swarleybl said:

https://imgur.com/5KuufDU

is someone recognize this?

Carmageddon 2

#12805 Edited by minishcapper (37 posts) -

@burntbyhellfire: Do you mean knight in armor like in the classical medieval european sense? Sidescrollers? Check if Wizards and Warriors or Ghosts n Goblins matches. More Conan the barbarian type of hero? Try Rygar, Astyanax, Battle of Olympus, Faxanadu, Conquest of the Crystal Palace, Kid Icarus, Whomp 'Em.

#12806 Edited by Non_disputable (1 posts) -

Can you guys please help me? I've been following this thread for a while now, and I see you are great at finding old games.

I think I played it around 2008. but it should be older than that. It was a third person singleplayer game, not sure what genre because I dont remember any stats that you could upgrade, or getting loot.Btw played it on PC. System was windows XP or 7.

You played as a young man (I think there wasn't any character selection screen). Graphics werent all that bad. Your only weapon was bow.

I only remember the beginning of the game.

As a tutorial you have to shoot apples with your bow. Then you save some old man from wolves, he may be the father I'm not sure. After that you set of to the woods. You have a linear path throught the woods so i would say its not open world game. In the wood you could kill boars, wolves and orher animals that cross your way and after a while I think you get attacked by some people as well. I also kinda remember as a story progresses you get companions but not sure...

Please i have been looking for this game for years. Throw any title that comes to your mind. Thanks in advance

#12808 Posted by GamingGirl112 (2 posts) -

Hello all. I am looking for an online rpg game that played a few years back

it was about a college girl who was bullied a lot, and she lived in a dorm. The story revolves around her, and the plot is that a psychotic killer escapes from the asylum/prison and he enters the hostel this girl lived in. This guy is killer because he murdered his girlfriend, and he studied in the same college the main girl was studying in. The characters resemble anime characters, so you get it, it was one of those anime based online rpg games.

These are the only things I remember about that game. It was amazing and I need to play it again, but unfortunately, I can't find it without its name. So I will really appreciate it if you guys can help me out. Thanks!!

#12809 Posted by oareaso (72 posts) -

@gaminggirl112:

Mystery Dorm 2?

#12810 Posted by xXGhost-07Xx (2 posts) -

@xxghost-07xx:

Anyone find it?

#12811 Edited by janettan (1 posts) -

Hi im trying to find out what game this is and its been on my mind for a while. It's a game where the world is all grey and all you had to do (i think) was walk around the world to make it all colourful. And there was a percentage to keep track on how much you recovered. I played it on my apple phone. I played it after 2010 i think. Thanks :)

Nevermind i found it, it's called 1000: Find 'Em All!

#12812 Posted by GamingGirl112 (2 posts) -

@oareaso: No, it's not that game. Thanks for your help tho :D

I also remembered something else about the game. At one point, when you have to run safely away from the crazy killer, there'a a whole venting system you have to go through. Rings a bell for somebody?

#12813 Edited by stitchesss (1 posts) -

Hello! I'm trying to find a game I used to play around 10-ish years ago on PC (Windows XP). I think it might be from the 2000s. What I remember it was in third person view and every level was taking place in a clearing in a forest. You clicked on the monsters coming from the forest and they dropped some kind of gems which you then used to hire creatures for help? You could move the camera left and right. I think there was some variation of the word "magic" in the title but I could be completely wrong.

#12814 Posted by cheaps3993 (2 posts) -

I'm looking for an old PC game

What I remember it was control a tank (also can fly but need energy ) to fight a large black spaceship in the sky. the spaceship will keep attack the base on the map. If it destroy the base and kill the people at a certain point. the map will turn into dark night, the spaceship will keep releasing enemy (A flying things ) to fight you. when you killed all the enemy and destroy the spaceship. you can fly through a thing like a Hexagon to the next map.
I'm just remember in the opening of the game someone is sleeping in his spaceship and there is a spider moving on the table and in the second map you consume you energy more than map1, there is some spider will attack and infect the people in the base and turn them into zombie so the dark night happen more early in the game.

Do you guys know the name of this game ? I think it is a 199X PC game.

#12815 Posted by cheaps3993 (2 posts) -

@cheaps3993: It is a 3D game, there is some health, weapons, energy supply you can get in the map, also i remember in map1 when your tank go to a hill you will find a secret place that is so many health, weapons, energy supply.

The enemy black spaceship looks like Hyperion in starcraft 2 (i think it's not a starcraft or star war game)

#12816 Edited by Nexie19 (1 posts) -

Okay guys, So I used to play this game on my ipad in 2012 and I don't exactly remember the title but there always come a name "Azra" my character name , she was always on the horse and killing enemies in the old city and villages and gained power then she would buy clothes and blades and there were other characters elf and wizards and you had to make potions yourself and kill lots of boar face enemies and wolfs everywhere also it was an OFFLINE HEAVY GAME , very long adventure game it was the my ipad broke and I lost it . Plz find me the name ^_^ . ( you could sometime use poison to kill enemies and you can also pickpocket from your own people)

#12817 Edited by ZenisterX (3 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I usually don't come to forums, but I have searched everywhere and cant find it. I used to watch a series around 2011-2012. It was an open world game, animated, based on pve and character development/looting. The characters were smaller, and not human form??I wouldn't know how else to explain that hahaha. Also multiplayer. I remember big hills in some parts, and maybe dungeons. (I think a pyramid but I might be crazy) Thank you for any help you can offer 🖤

#12818 Posted by SwarleyBL (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: thank you

#12819 Edited by Nikorasu666 (2 posts) -

Hello

Im looking for a game i played like 20 years ago in a cousin's house

Platform(s): PC

Genre: Point and Click / Puzzle

Estimated year of release: I remember playing it between the years of 1995-2000.

Graphics/art style: It was 8 bit

Notable characters: I remember the main character being male, fat and full of regreats. The other one was a "fairy" who help the man returning him to hight school.

Notable gameplay mechanics:

I was point and click.

I remember in one point at highschool the guy tries to eat a paper.

You need to do better things at highchool but the guy is lazy so he tried to copy an exman and somethings like that.

Other details:

Dont remember much, just thoese things, but i think was cool.

Please! Help me i want to know the name of the game like for 20 years.

THANKS!

#12820 Posted by ItsD2123 (2 posts) -

Hello

There was a game I saw long time ago, it was about saving some people, while killing the ones that wanted to kill you and the other people, also, what i remember from the game, the character could stop time, or something similar, the game has physics and more, im not pretty sure if it was Third Person or First Person, but I think it was first person, also, the map/level was some white buildings in a city, so the player grabbed the enemies, he could throw them away, grab the citizens (the ones you needed to save) and help them, I search for Time Stopping games but I couldnt find it, and I really want to play it.

This is all I remember, I hope you can help me!

Thanks!

#12821 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21582 posts) -
@itsd2123 said:

Hello

There was a game I saw long time ago, it was about saving some people, while killing the ones that wanted to kill you and the other people, also, what i remember from the game, the character could stop time, or something similar, the game has physics and more, im not pretty sure if it was Third Person or First Person, but I think it was first person, also, the map/level was some white buildings in a city, so the player grabbed the enemies, he could throw them away, grab the citizens (the ones you needed to save) and help them, I search for Time Stopping games but I couldnt find it, and I really want to play it.

This is all I remember, I hope you can help me!

Thanks!

Timeshift?

#12822 Edited by ItsD2123 (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Nope :c

#12823 Edited by Falys (2 posts) -

Hi. I'm looking for a game from my childhood. It was early 2000, and I was too little to understand it back then. It was a strategy, PC game, with original Age of Empires vibe. Probably isometric, not turn based, pixelated graphic but neat. You was plaing as sort of god, and you had a nation to control. You could make people build and upgrade castles, towers and more, send them to explore the land ect. At the bottom of the screen you had your own magic bar with lightning bolts and stuff to help your people fight. That magic part is what I remeber well, beacuse unlimited lighting bolts were just too much fun. I remember there was spell the slowed down the enemies, maybe looking a bit like wines., but I don't remember it well.

Since the game was in english, which is not my native language, I didn't understand this part, so my gameplay consisted mostly of cheats XD I used ones for full map and to get all and neverending spells, and then just destroy all enemies and their structures. You had to shoot the building a couple of times before it was turned to rubble. I remember that besides enemy towers etc there was even bears and their dens and dragons. In one level was big, dark purple dragon that you just could not destroy, even with cheats. Maybe that was survival level or something. Sometimes your people had to go in some place to win. I remember that to pick another level you had to choose from that nice map, where levels was shown as a little sneak-peek of what is waiting for you. Little cities, freaking purple dragon and many more. Also, I reamember hor that dragon was soaring randomly around the map, rarely flapping its wings. Bears were walking around freely.

As I said, I didn't understood english at that time XD I was like 5-6 or something. I wish to find it and play now, with full understanding of what is going on. Ah, and important bit- we was poor at the time, and our PC was not the greatest, even for early 2000 possibilities.

Edit: Thank you Planeforger, it is Majesty :D

#12824 Posted by Planeforger (18076 posts) -

@falys: That one might be Majesty.

#12825 Edited by pardonfelis (1 posts) -

k so, im trying to find this (probably obscure) web/browser game that i played a lot as a child

it was from around the early 00's, i played it around 2007 or 2008. it was probably of the puzzle/strategy genres, in 2d, and iirc the mouse was the main/only control.

it was about a group of sea creatures (i can recall a manta ray, hermit crab, and lionfish ((that had the face of an actual lion?)) ) that had to cleanse the ocean from this evil radioactive blob monster that was spreading around (i remember specifically seeing like barrels of radioactive material in some levels), and to do so you had to take a bunch of these little colorful particles that floated onscreen and combine them someway. when you passed a level it would go forward to different areas of the ocean, approaching the core of the monster later on to 'fight' it.

it was a really colorful game, even though the levels were kind of dark and murky at first since they were contaminated or something; when you finished off a level the scenery would be all bright and alive.

another thing i remember is that in the loading screen before the game started, the manta ray character would go up as the bar progressed, with the crab character sitting on top of it. when it finished loading, the weird lion-faced lionfish would roar.

i really want to believe this wasnt some kind of fever dream because i recall playing more than once through the whole thing lol

any help is deeply appreciated!

#12827 Edited by Dominic121999 (1 posts) -

Hi I've been thinking about a game i used to play but I can't remember a lot of details about it

- I played it on PC

- Its a Real-time strategy Fantasy game

-Top Down camera angle

- game is likely to be published post 2000 (graphics kinda like age of mythology or even better )

- The game had a dark and Gothic vibe

- there existed spider and shadow like enemies

- In one map mission its like a assault on a medieval Gothic like castle

Sorry for the lack of detail its one of those old games for me that remind me more of a feeling than a memory if you know what i mean

#12828 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21582 posts) -
@dominic121999 said:

Hi I've been thinking about a game i used to play but I can't remember a lot of details about it

- I played it on PC

- Its a Real-time strategy Fantasy game

-Top Down camera angle

- game is likely to be published post 2000 (graphics kinda like age of mythology or even better )

- The game had a dark and Gothic vibe

- there existed spider and shadow like enemies

- In one map mission its like a assault on a medieval Gothic like castle

Sorry for the lack of detail its one of those old games for me that remind me more of a feeling than a memory if you know what i mean

Could be Total Annihilation Kingdoms

#12829 Edited by Code22 (1 posts) -

Hello.

For a long while bow Ive been trying to track down what I belive to be an early 2000s survival horror game. I'm certain the version I played was just a demo.

Anyways, I really only remeber a striaght row of about small four rooms, the character entered from the far right (think it was via downward staircase). Its possible it was an attic area (no its not Alone in the Dark). Im not to sure of the exact details of the room, think there might have been bookcases. Hiwever I am fairly certain in the last far left room there was a old piano you could intersct with (or somthing around it) that triggered a scene where a small winged creature would appear at the far right and the camera would follow it till it blocked the doorway of the last room.

The playable character I think might have been a blond woman. Graphics im no longer exactly sure of but im certain it was 3D 3rd person simular to resident evil or silent hill.

#12830 Posted by CookieCrumbles (29 posts) -

@code22: Are you thinking of Eternal Darkness on Gamecube? Blond woman, she's in a mansion a bit like RE.

#12831 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21582 posts) -
@code22 said:

Hello.

For a long while bow Ive been trying to track down what I belive to be an early 2000s survival horror game. I'm certain the version I played was just a demo.

Anyways, I really only remeber a striaght row of about small four rooms, the character entered from the far right (think it was via downward staircase). Its possible it was an attic area (no its not Alone in the Dark). Im not to sure of the exact details of the room, think there might have been bookcases. Hiwever I am fairly certain in the last far left room there was a old piano you could intersct with (or somthing around it) that triggered a scene where a small winged creature would appear at the far right and the camera would follow it till it blocked the doorway of the last room.

The playable character I think might have been a blond woman. Graphics im no longer exactly sure of but im certain it was 3D 3rd person simular to resident evil or silent hill.

Survival horror and blond woman tells me Eternal Darkness, or Silent Hill 3, or Haunting Grounds or Rule of Rose, or Parasite Eve 1 and 2, or Clock Tower 3, or "D", or Lifeline.

#12832 Edited by ShikiTheUndead (2 posts) -

Hello! I am looking for an old MS DOS game possibly in the 90's era. It was a 3D-ish space adventure or RPG game with cut scenes, cinematics, space travel, and missions. There wasn't any kind of combat features that I can remember, though. It was fairly visually dark, but also colorful. It was pretty much a point and click type of game. You couldn't move around the planets or even in the room you arrive at from what i can remember. Most of the game were just still scenes where you can click and interact with the alien that needed help. The only time you control anything was moving through space in a mini game type deal.

I can remember a lot about the beginning of the game, what some of the planets looked like, and aliens that you encounter, but I am afraid i wouldn't be able to explain them properly enough to help. What I can describe well, is the curser you used for every aspect of the game. It was a fairly large animated hand that would also be used to travel through space and destroy or collect shapes a long the way. The best I could say to describe it is a purple or silver hand held in a loose pointing like position. Anytime you would click it would move in a forward type direction like pressing a button. I can also describe one of the planets you travel to that had like a meat locker scene you would arrive at with maybe a robot or cyborg type alien. Also anytime you would arrive at a planet for the first time there would be a short cut scene or cinematic of a unique alien and location. I remember the cinematics seeming like actors dressed up that were fairly pixelated, which was common back then. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

#12833 Posted by oareaso (72 posts) -

@shikitheundead:

I think today is your lucky day, the game you are looking for is "Commander Blood" for the pc

you can also check the prequel "Captain Blood" for the amiga

#12834 Edited by ShikiTheUndead (2 posts) -

@oareaso:

Yes! That is the one! As soon as I read the title I knew that was it. That is amazing! I thought for sure I wouldn't find anyone who knew.You have no idea how many years I've tried to remember that game haha. Thanks a ton!!

#12835 Edited by JeanDub (1 posts) -

Hello

It would be amazing if you could find this game I start to be obsessive :

- Flash mini game

- quite asian universe

- 12 squares grid, 1player Vs AI

each Fight turn based :

- each turn, you choose 3 cards played in order

- cards are moves (1 for each direction = 4) or attack capacities (eg damaging the 3 squares in front of you for 50 damage OR damaging all around for 30 damages, and others)

- each turn is resolved with the player first card then AI first card then player second then ai second then player third then ai third. Next turn begins, you choose 3 cards from your pool refilled.

You fight all your opponents one by one (Mortal Kombat like)

Each fight you win a extra card stronger than the basics you begin with (it can be an attack or a special move like "moving 2 squares")

I think the end you fight the boss the recover a gem or a stone, don't remember exactly.

I think it s a quite unknown game. I use to play it like 10 years ago, so it should be on internet between 2008 to 2012.

Edit :

A bit like this
http://www.10001games.fr/jeu/immortal_souls_dark_crusade
But the 2 fighters are on a grid and you choose 3 actions for one turn.

#12836 Posted by Almiseal (2 posts) -

Greetings gamers!

Looking for an oldschool title. Not really popular at that time (or ever rly), but I've personally enjoyed it a lot. I think it's from late 1990-s or early 2000-s, tho might be a bit younger. The setting is a lot medieval-like. Most of the game's scenario revolves around being a soldier (or not, can't remember) of keep/castle, running errands for sergeants, the keep ruler and whomever else you might find. There aren't many maps outside the keep, buy they're pretty vast (escpecially a forest-like region). Visually resembles Diablo 1-2. Same goes for battle mechanics. You could freely raise skills and stats every level. I've played as a mage at that time, and was very satisfied, seeing my character grow from "1 fireball every 6 (or so) seconds, not even 1-shot-ko'in anyone" into "scorching everyone's arses with spammable fireballs". A few more details on quests - on the early stages, You had to get out of the keep, go to some village nearby and get rid of bandits wreaking havoc there. Another quest was to find a traitor in the keep itself. And another quest, that took me quite some time - "find the unicorn". The 'horny' bastard showed himself from time to time between the trees, but was so freaking fast I couldn't catch him.

Anyone heard of the game?

#12837 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21582 posts) -
@almiseal said:

Greetings gamers!

Looking for an oldschool title. Not really popular at that time (or ever rly), but I've personally enjoyed it a lot. I think it's from late 1990-s or early 2000-s, tho might be a bit younger. The setting is a lot medieval-like. Most of the game's scenario revolves around being a soldier (or not, can't remember) of keep/castle, running errands for sergeants, the keep ruler and whomever else you might find. There aren't many maps outside the keep, buy they're pretty vast (escpecially a forest-like region). Visually resembles Diablo 1-2. Same goes for battle mechanics. You could freely raise skills and stats every level. I've played as a mage at that time, and was very satisfied, seeing my character grow from "1 fireball every 6 (or so) seconds, not even 1-shot-ko'in anyone" into "scorching everyone's arses with spammable fireballs". A few more details on quests - on the early stages, You had to get out of the keep, go to some village nearby and get rid of bandits wreaking havoc there. Another quest was to find a traitor in the keep itself. And another quest, that took me quite some time - "find the unicorn". The 'horny' bastard showed himself from time to time between the trees, but was so freaking fast I couldn't catch him.

Anyone heard of the game?

It kind of sounds like Siege of Avalon.

#12838 Edited by Almiseal (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

You, sir, just made my day! Thank you!

#12839 Posted by CooolBoiii (1 posts) -

Hello there!

Lately I was thinking about this game that I played a few years ago(5? could be more).

The things that I remember about it:

It was a fantasy game where you recruit heroes(they were categorized as warriors, mages and hunters). They then go around the map defeating monsters(There were some big bugs in the 1st level from what I remember). You then build buildings for them where they can buy new equipment, eat food or go and have some kind of amusement.

I hope you can help me. Thanks.

#12840 Posted by Hplanty27 (2 posts) -

I am looking for a game, I played this game around 2003 - 2005 for the PC, it was installed on some of the computers in my schools computer lab. Basicly you get these little creatures, each of them has there own diffrent looks, different nose, clothes shoes, hair, ect. The goal of the game is to get all the creatures on the otherside of the map, if you mess up to much you have to start from the begining. To do this only certain types of creatures can go a certain way or at a certain time you have to figure it out which ones. Also if you could tell me the type of genre this game is, if you can't figure it out, that would be good

#12841 Posted by oareaso (72 posts) -

@cooolboiii:

Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim?

#12842 Posted by Jeni00 (3 posts) -

@Bobzfamily: It's a nice game.

#12843 Posted by CookieCrumbles (29 posts) -

@cooolboiii: Dragon's Crown?

#12844 Posted by CookieCrumbles (29 posts) -

@hplanty27: Sounds like a puzzle strategy game to me. Sort of like Pikmin. I guess games like Lemmings would be called a puzzle game, whereas Lost Vikings and Mario vs Donkey Kong would be puzzle platformers. Not sure which game you're talking about.

#12845 Edited by Hplanty27 (2 posts) -

@cookiecrumbles: It was none of those, each character had different attire/ looks, I think all the characters were blue. I remember one map there was three bridges with trolls guarding it, You had to pick up characters with similar charactistic and tell them to go across a bridge, the trolls shouted out clues to which bridge to cross with what sort of characters, I remember the trolls would shake the bridge and make the characters fall off if you told the wrong one's to go across. Also, I remember one map you had to jump across tiles with lava surrounded.

#12846 Edited by Tercia (1 posts) -

Hello! I am looking for an old PC games in 2D (data t before 2000).

View from above.

We are a blond hero with a sword.

We are in a closed labyrinth style space. We change the map once the level is finished.

The goal of the game is to kill '' larva '' or '' woodlouse ''.

Whenever we makes a move the larva advances.

The hero (us) occupies a box and are sworded a second boxes.

The playing surface is like a game of failure (one box per NPC).

When you kill monsters, blood spurts.

#12847 Posted by Wolf_Overback (1 posts) -

I hope with the things I remember I can get the name, first things first, it's a Puzzle Game that is available for PC, which is kind of similar to Cubicity: Slide Puzzle.

The difference between this game and Cubicity is that it had a larger map, and the movement was set on a "Move block by block" way. The protagonist was a human (or an anthropomorphic animal), and the biomes that I remember were: A Greenland which was full of life and a factory level where saws moved and had a boost movement where you could move from side to side and if you died you restarted the level. and the only thing left to say is that this game (this will probably be wrong but I hope this could make the search for this game easier) is that it had one word as the game title.

I'm sorry for being really vague about this, but I remember this game from when I was a kid, and trying to remember things from this game that I didn't even have a chance to play in the first place is kind of making it harder to me when I was trying to search it on my own.

#12848 Edited by lasserogie (1 posts) -

Hello everyone,

I suddenly thought of this game as I woke up, and I've been looking for it for a couple a hours already, so it seems to be a tough one.

It's a PC game I think, from the 2000s, but not a DOS. I played it online.

It's a strategy card game in which you select a deck at the very beginning.

I remember that one of the options of those decks is called the SENTINEL deck, or that's what the character's called. He looks like a terminator cop with a machine gun attached to his arm, with a skull for a head.

You use those cards to well, kill the other cards, and weirdly, their power is indicated by the amount of bullets they have, and when they attack one another - one card facing the other - the one attacking shoots a range of bullets into the other one.

I remember there being all sorts of different monsters, but also superhumans. And if I'm not mistaken, those characters could also be upgraded, or gain like a better form.

Oh I also remember some characters having a SYRINGE symbol, those were the poisonous type.

Someone any idea? Thank you :)

#12849 Posted by Iyov (1 posts) -

PLEASE HELP ME :(

Am gonna try and give you ALL the details that I can remember about it.

I remember buying this game along side other game in a CD from a shop and it had a bunch of demo games.

I remember this game in particular where you start in a wood, and you have some kind of currency and you buy these mythical creatures to fight along side you, like some kind of wolves and moving trees, witches and you can even get a dragon, you somehow need to survive. I never managed to cause I was SO young and I barely understood a word in English lol. so if anyone knows it PLEASE let me know