Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#12051 Posted by JeffyMac (4 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 it was Alundra 2 that i was trying thinking of.

#12052 Edited by CustNam (97 posts) -

OK. This is a game Ive been trying to remember the name for awhile. Anyway I am pretty sure its an SNES game. But I had quite a few consoles as a kid, so it might not be. I had the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and Master system, and the Turbografix 16. Its from the 90's for sure. But I dont remember how long and during what years I had each console.

Back then I had no idea what an "RPG" was, but now I would call it that thinking back about it. It is a top down facing game. You play a human character that goes from place to place, town to town, etc doing various things. And the thing that sticks out the most was all the cool mini games that were part of it. At the time I remember thinking this is so cool, and I hadnt played any game like it up until then. I dont remember any plot, or goal though. Just the cool and varied mini games. I remember thinking to myself how did they do this? A game within a game? Of course thats common now, but was very new to me then. Anyway thats all I can remember. If someone has any idea Ill look up some game play of it and that should solve it. Thank you!

OK. I was just watching some random video game videos and one of them mentioned Chronotrigger. I now think that is the game I am thinking about. I saw a video with several mini games in a town and I now think that its the game I was thinking about. That had crossed my mind before since its so popular, but I never connected the 2. Anyway I think I solved my own question.

#12053 Posted by NeGeX (4 posts) -

@rage_phace To give more clue, the game's player model is quite detailed and similiar to new FFantasy games. The artstyle is quite dim, deep and dark though.

#12054 Edited by evilmorty382 (2 posts) -

I played this game around 2010, can't really remember much, but you had a blue stuffed animal that talked, maybe it was a cat? You had to escape this asylum and at the beginning of the game there was a scene where the main character is an octopus. Pretty sure the game was also originally in German.

#12055 Edited by Amyyyyy (1 posts) -
Loading Video...

I think this game console is cooler, it needn't download games from APP or others, just plug my phone I can play any games on my phone, I have booked it (https://goo.gl/Hjkzwo) and I will feedback when I get this console.

#12057 Posted by zeroparts00 (3 posts) -

Hello, I am looking for a FPS PS2 game that I played before. Only things I remember is that when you die, some skull or something slowly fades in (really cant remember that much) and sad music plays. thats pretty much the game over screen. For the gameplay, I only remember a snow level and that there was a lot going on in the level, like explosions.

#12059 Posted by AlgersonAL (1 posts) -

Been trying to remember the name of this game for months. Was a mmorpg I played in the '98-'02 timeframe I believe. Toontown and wizards101 kinda remind me of it, but like a mix of those and WoW. Don't remember much detail about it, do believe it was a browser based game though. Kinda remember one of the monsters you fought was an animated lamppost

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#12060 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21528 posts) -

@zeroparts00 said:

Hello, I am looking for a FPS PS2 game that I played before. Only things I remember is that when you die, some skull or something slowly fades in (really cant remember that much) and sad music plays. thats pretty much the game over screen. For the gameplay, I only remember a snow level and that there was a lot going on in the level, like explosions.

What did the weapons look like? Futuristic laser stuff or modern AK-47 and the like?

Avatar image for thequeenofdemons
#12061 Posted by TheQueenOfDemons (3 posts) -

So I REMEBER this game, somewhere near 2012

It was game were pick a sea animal,

When you start the game you have to dodge missiles and jellyfish and you collect coins.

You control the fish by holding down your fingure, when the animal leaves the water it leaves a color of the rainbow, when you do all the colors you get this rainbow boost.

PLS

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THIS GAME IS!!!

#12062 Edited by Soccer9-10 (2 posts) -

I've been trying to find this game I played.. uh I guess around 6 years ago. I thought it was a Call of Duty game because it was a realistic fps like that is, but I went through all the games and I couldn't find it anywhere. I only remember one level where you're on a small team infiltrating some Pacific island, and you have to rescue some scientist. Your team eventually finds the scientist, and I remember this one line of dialogue which is when your team leader is saying a code phrase which is something like "Yankees are my favorite baseball team". As soon as you find the scientist some foghorn alarm starts going off and your team has to escape. You kill your way to a submarine base? on the island, and get on board. Just as your team is escaping, the enemy unleashes some sort of weapon that causes a tidal wave which kills you. I know this was really specific but if someone could tell me I would really appreciate it. Edit: Got it thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1b1d792769d
#12063 Edited by deactivated-5c1b1d792769d (28 posts) -

Cool.

#12064 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21528 posts) -

@soccer9-10 said:

I've been trying to find this game I played.. uh I guess around 6 years ago. I thought it was a Call of Duty game because it was a realistic fps like that is, but I went through all the games and I couldn't find it anywhere. I only remember one level where you're on a small team infiltrating some Pacific island, and you have to rescue some scientist. Your team eventually finds the scientist, and I remember this one line of dialogue which is when your team leader is saying a code phrase which is something like "Yankees are my favorite baseball team". As soon as you find the scientist some foghorn alarm starts going off and your team has to escape. You kill your way to a submarine base? on the island, and get on board. Just as your team is escaping, the enemy unleashes some sort of weapon that causes a tidal wave which kills you. I know this was really specific but if someone could tell me I would really appreciate it.

You are describing the first level of Battlefield Bad Company 2

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1b1d792769d
#12065 Posted by deactivated-5c1b1d792769d (28 posts) -

Characters that I have in mind, resemble the Japanese / American anime of the kid who stood in the center of this robot of some sort, I seen a really dope anime of this character in the mid to lower 1990s

He did this really cool rolling move like Sonic the hedchog of some sort, and really was a great anime

I can't quite remember the title of this video game, but I'm sure that I will remember as soon as I jog my memory A bit more.

#12066 Posted by Soccer9-10 (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Thank you so much

#12068 Posted by Jixeno (1 posts) -

Hello, I need help finding a fighting game. I used to play it probably during 2010 - 2015. I played on my computer it was downloadable, it wasn't a browser game. Okay, so it was a fighting game, and it was martial arts I'm pretty sure. I think it was a robot that helped you through the basics/tutorial. I think you go battle other people into a 1v1 or 2v2, and maybe you can go on dungeons with other people (idk if this is 2 different games here but that's how I remember it.) Then at a certain level you can pick your fighting/martial arts style. It was third person, I don't know which angle it was but it wasn't top down or bird's eye view. They also have this players' market where they can sell things and people AFK on it with messages above their head. That's really all I remember. I don't know if I'm mixing up two different games or something.

#12069 Edited by Getpaidtoshop (1 posts) -

Hey, I'm looking for and old game (1996-2005) it was like an adventure/action game with 3d characters. It wasn't on PC or any kind of handheld system.

In the game you could play as a little boy and a skeleton/grim reaper character, unfortunately I don't remember the plot or objectives of the game.

Someone told me it was the game Medievil, but I really don't think it's that. But it's kinda close, think medievil with a kid in it.

Thanks.

#12070 Edited by HarrisonCurby (2 posts) -

Castle crashers 2 is on its way :O

#12074 Posted by roffelkopter (1 posts) -

Few years ago there was a trailer of an indie game (not sure if it every got released) that had a minimalistic/cell shaded style and there were two main characters - one and older man with a mustache and monocle (IIRC) and the other one a younger guy. In one of the scenes they were sneaking up on a big red dragon that was walking in a forest and in one of the following scenes they were running from it. There was also a scene of them on a boat against some see creature and then on a car riding in a desert. A bit vague maybe but that's all I remember at the moment and I can't find it anywhere. Any kind of help is much appreciated :)

#12076 Posted by Purenote (1 posts) -

Hello!

I’m searching for a puzzle game. I remember it was Egyptian themed and you had to get the colored balls into the correct holes. (Red ball into the red hole, blue into blue) Whenever you moved a ball though, another ball would appear on the board. Some balls would be chained so you would have to match them up. I also remember when you clicked on a ball and moved the mouse then there would be a little path shown that showed where the ball would end up.

#12077 Posted by doorknob (3 posts) -

wtf where do i go to find a game

#12078 Edited by SilverKyousuke (4 posts) -

So I have 2 games.

1st is a game I heard about last January I think. It's a PC game. It's a 2d top down fantasy rpg similar looking to the Ultima games I think. I remember that it was pretty strange, like one of your classes you can pick was to be a suicide bomber, and there was a quest where you had to get/steal (I don't remember which) some food from someone, and the food was rotten and the quest giver would eat it and die I think. I seem to remember that money was hard to obtain and that you could get mutated as well. I'm really all over the place cause it was just a strange game! I only remember the game cause I saw a youtube video that showed just how crazy the game was.

2nd is a game I played when I was little. I played it maybe 17 or 18 years ago on an emulator on a PC. I used to play games on ZSNES but it may have been a Genesis emulator I'm not sure. I think it was a top down adventure game with item based puzzles. The game started in a grassy area with a small waterfall going into a pond or a stream, and I think there was a rainbow by the waterfall, and one puzzle I barely remember involved finding a bottle and and getting either water from the waterfall, or putting the rainbow by the waterfall into the bottle. I also remember that after the grassy area there was a mine you could go into to progress. I think there were also enemies that could hurt you but I'm not sure. This one's been stuck in my mind for years so it'd be nice to finally solve this mystery!

#12079 Posted by jirrismath (5 posts) -

i see your post i get new information thank for the shear idea

#12080 Edited by arishmahmood86 (1 posts) -

I can't remember a game.

Played this game a decade ago on pc

1.first person shooter 3d game

2.multiple game characters to play with.

A. There was a character socerer who shoots a magical scull with when pass through enemy kills it.

B. Snipers who shoots bullet that can be controlled and bend.

C. A female with sword who when cut her hand with dagger and throw drops of blood caused damage.

D. There was machine gunner.

C. guy with pistol

We could move from one charcter to other in game play like sole moving from one body to other and controll each charcter and players attack in teams.

#12081 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21528 posts) -

@arishmahmood86 said:

I can't remember a game.

Played this game a decade ago on pc

1.first person shooter 3d game

2.multiple game characters to play with.

A. There was a character socerer who shoots a magical scull with when pass through enemy kills it.

B. Snipers who shoots bullet that can be controlled and bend.

C. A female with sword who when cut her hand with dagger and throw drops of blood caused damage.

D. There was machine gunner.

C. guy with pistol

We could move from one charcter to other in game play like sole moving from one body to other and controll each charcter and players attack in teams.

Clive Barker's Jericho

#12082 Edited by guruamit (1 posts) -

- it was your goal to kill the other player

- on the demo disc you could play the game against a second player

- the characters were human (i think) and you played against eachother on the same screen

- i think the battlefield was dark and had a metal like surface, there were also 'jumpers' with which you could get to higher surfaces

#12083 Edited by AchillesT55 (3 posts) -

Thank you

#12084 Edited by AvoAvernus (1 posts) -

I might aswell try, i'm searching for a PS 1 game, it was in japanese and had an adult anime vibe (might be based off an anime or manga), you walked aroung in pre-rendered backgrounds (i remember a club and an office), but when it came down to fighting it was a simple 3D brawler/beat em up. The main guy had short blonde hair, looked like he was a cop or a detective, but dressed in casual clothes (similar to Policenauts), visually it made me think of a low budget visual novel tho.

Can't tell anything about the story cuz it was in japanese, but it might have been a thriller since you traveled all around a modern city talking to people.

The game had simple anime cutscenes too, the very first one ended with this blonde character doing that gesture of slowly wiping his thumb against his nose, like Bruce Lee.

Can't remember anything else.

#12085 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21528 posts) -

@avoavernus said:

I might aswell try, i'm searching for a PS 1 game, it was in japanese and had an adult anime vibe (might be based off an anime or manga), you walked aroung in pre-rendered backgrounds (i remember a club and an office), but when it came down to fighting it was a simple 3D brawler/beat em up. The main guy had short blonde hair, looked like he was a cop or a detective, but dressed in casual clothes (similar to Policenauts), visually it made me think of a low budget visual novel tho.

Can't tell anything about the story cuz it was in japanese, but it might have been a thriller since you traveled all around a modern city talking to people.

The game had simple anime cutscenes too, the very first one ended with this blonde character doing that gesture of slowly wiping his thumb against his nose, like Bruce Lee.

Can't remember anything else.

Probably not, but take a look at this one. I've already found it by pure chance, so if that's not it then I am stumped.

#12087 Posted by AvoAvernus (1 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Thanks a lot for the answer, sadly it's not that one, the only 3D part of the game i'm looking for was the fights, like a free-move brawler (a few story driven fights, not at random), the rest was all pre-rendered backgrounds. I'd also dare to suppose that there wasn't that much text, since i could finish it when i was a kid. It had that "hip" and cool anime style often seen in the 90', but realistic and with young adults.

Regardless, thanks again.

#12088 Edited by Arcadegame710 (3 posts) -

What's up

#12089 Edited by Arcadegame710 (3 posts) -

Looking for an old arcade game where you are a spaceship on the edge of the map and use the spaceship to cut the map apart to box in the bosses there is a Caterpillar or centipede and a robot hand, a lady bug and I think there was a butterfly boss but the point of the game was to cut the map like a laser to kill the boss by boxing it in just want the name pls help

#12090 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21528 posts) -

@arcadegame710 said:

Looking for an old arcade game where you are a spaceship on the edge of the map and use the spaceship to cut the map apart to box in the bosses there is a Caterpillar or centipede and a robot hand, a lady bug and I think there was a butterfly boss but the point of the game was to cut the map like a laser to kill the boss by boxing it in just want the name pls help

Qix or Volfied or one of their XXX clones.

#12091 Posted by Yarr101 (1 posts) -

-A game with two tanks, Hooked to each other drives in circle -With spinning weapons on top of it -Basic Controls, Uses the Left and Right Arrow keys to increase the speed of the weapon "blade" -After the battle, mini game to collect coins -This game was based off a toy; I believe from the 2000's -The Menu screen shows a row of tanks driving in circle. - That's like thee only information that I remember, played this game when i was 6.

• Compatibility with this Window XP

#12092 Posted by Turbo78 (1 posts) -

So there is this PC game, that I liked and cannot remember the title.
I liked the soundtrack very much as well and it was a woman singing it.
I was playing it in the 2000s, rather early to mid 2000s than late 2000s.

The main character was a red haired woman and you were playing her.
I think you could pick up companions. It was some medieval/fantasy setting.
I remember walking outside up to a castle with the character.

I was going to say, that I was looking for an RPG, but I'm not sure you could
level up stats or anything, so maybe it classifies as an action adventure, not sure.

I think the cover involved lots of light blue (like heaven),
but I think I had some kind of special edition (with soundtrack maybe).

It would be awesome, if somebody could help me out here. I just cannot find it on my own.

#12093 Posted by Ma12ine (1 posts) -

This forum seems to be very helpful, so I might as well ask for help here if it's ok ^^

The game I'm looking for is a mobile game. I'm not sure what phone I was using back then, but it's most likely an iphone, but I might be wrong.

The time I played it was quite a long way back since I'm still in primary school, which would be around 2007-2013, I hope the year range helps.

The game seems to be a mix of several genres, mainly mystery, horror, adventure. I remember it containing a lot of looking around and investigations. It's like those mystery games where you have to find things to progress the story and contain multiple endings (I'm not sure since I only got one ending back then, not a good ending on top of that)

The artstyle of the game is similar to an anime visual-novel in design. Kinda like Doki-Doki Lit. Club and several otome games.

The coloring style is pretty monochrome, the only thing that's not black and white is it's use of brown overlay. The artstyle is very neat and have British origins for its design. It surprised me that a game with such good design existed as far back as 2007-2013. Or could be because of my lack of knowledge around anime-styled games.

The game takes place in a large mansion, since I was using my cousin's phone back then, I only continued her save file, so I didn't start from the beginning. And it involves exploring, puzzle, dialogue and interactions, multiple choices during dialogues, possible murder, and some scary musics.

The bad ending I got is me (the main character) getting stabbed on the back after finding a hidden operation room if I remember correctly.

The ammount of characters in the game is quite a decent number. I don't remember who the characters are, but it might be around 10 or so.

That's all the details I remember from the game. If there are some details you would want me to explain in more detail, feel free to do so! I might not remember everything, but maybe when you guys ask a certain something, it might trigger me to remember it!

It would really please me if anyone recognizes the game, because I really want to play the game again and it's been bohering me for more than 5 years. I would like to thank in advance for having this forum exist.

#12094 Posted by Holyoppai3 (1 posts) -

Ok so my game is an old game I used to play on a windows 95, it had a side view, 2D, i can't remember what kind of game (browser/flash) it was but it was with a blonde character. That guy would buy different clothes like vests, swords etc and at one point his shoes would even fly. He would fight monsters etc. If you'd find this you'd really put my soul on ease.

#12095 Edited by Disc0nnected_ (1 posts) -

Ok so i'm trying to remember a game

- I played it in the late 2000's or early 2010's

- It's an pc game.

- It's an online rpg game

-It doesn't really have magnific graffics, but they are not ugly, i don't remember if it was 3d or 2d at all... or 2.5, is a thing that a I really don't remember

- i remember fishing on it

- i remember it has different game modes, like one mode that we climb the tower and there are enemies in each floor that you need to fight

- a mode that was pvp in teams, pvp free for all, i remember this game being an action rpg that you can actually do combos and stuff, actually remember a fighting game

- i remember playing this game in a beaultiful day (i'm from brazil) and then on the other day the game was BLOCKED for other region players... i don't remember if this game was an North American game or Japanese game or from any other country, but I THINK it was north american

- And i don't know if this game is still live

This is all i remember, even if this game is not played anymore at least i want to know his name and look for some gameplays on the internet cause i really have some good memories of it

- Edit : I just remember that this game has "chibi" graphics

#12096 Posted by Guchasty (2 posts) -

Любишь ММО? Любишь уничтожать огромных монстров и жаркие пвп баталии? Тебе надоели, жадные разработчики, которые постоянно выкачивают деньги, а в замен дают только частые лаги и редкие обновления контента?. Решение есть! В сети появился уникальный проект где ты можешь без вложений быть на равне со всеми игроками. Кровопролитные сражения, осады замков, большие рейды для уничтожения монстров как на воде так и в воздуху уже ждут тебя! Присоединяйся к тысячам игроков на проекте ArcheRage! Переходи по ссылке, регистрируй аккаунт и начни покорять мир Архейджа уже сейчас! Присоединяйся на https://ru.archerage.to !

#12097 Posted by Naroto (3 posts) -

Hi guys, any suggestion for a good game?

#12098 Edited by Mick323 (3 posts) -

Hi there, im new to Gamespot forum. I need your help to find an old PS1 Doom-like game, or more a Duke Nukem like game, because the first level was quite ressembling the first level of Duke Nukem 3D. It was on a roof of a building, but it was more futuristic in my memories. There was an entrance on the left, and all I remember is the boxing glove as a weapon.

It was certainly a game made after 1995 and before 2000, but im not sure cause I was very young at this time. More details I can give : FPS-style game, maybe alien enemy, graphics like Doom (same 2.5D style), main menu looked like Po'ed main menu I think.

I know it isn't Po'ed but it quite similar, when I was doing long research for the game im looking for, when I found Po'ed I was sure I found it, but it wasn't it. Unfortunately, I don't have much more memory of this game, because first I was very young when I played it, and secondly, I played it one or two time only and I lost the disk, making me believe I only dreamed of this game, but my father remember it also, so it wasn't a dream.

I really wish to find it so im requesting your help for giving me the title of this game, I've done alot of research to find it but I found it nowhere. Im asking myself if it a real game or some kind of modded game, or a game that wasn't released everywhere in the world. Thank everyone for your help.

#12099 Posted by jupzter (27 posts) -

Just saw this gif... Title of the Game pls... TIA

#12100 Edited by xnay58 (2 posts) -

Hi guys ,

So the game I’m trying to remember was played on the ps3 so probably more than 5-6 years ago .

It wasn’t a 3D game pretty sure all you could see was from an over head angle. I remember you would look over like a city and there were a ton of little people that looked pixelated and you had have to collect them and take them over a bridge into some sort of forest ,to save them from a monster of some sort . I played it around the same time I played this game called flock .

Hopefully you guys can help me find it .