Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#11951 Posted by FummyCloud (21 posts) -

There is this game that I used to play when I was younger and I can't remember so I hope you guys help me.

-I played that game in my PS1

-That game was about parking a car in a parking lot

-It came out I think late 90's

-In the cover of the DVD had a Ferrari

I know this is not a lot but that's all I can remember. Hope you guys have the answer and thank you guys in advanced!

#11952 Posted by Vrana (37 posts) -

@ruby321 said:

Hi

I remember playing a computer game in the late 90s/early 2000s where I would shoot either flying birds, bats or vampires through a graveyard at night. I think I recall there being some sort of castle somewhere in the game too. I am pretty sure it was not a disk game. I can't think of the name for the life of me and would love to find it somewhere online if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what game this could be?

Thanks!

Vampirjagd

#11953 Posted by susanthl (6 posts) -

top up with unipin now

#11954 Posted by susanthl (6 posts) -

now top up with unipin

#11956 Posted by jtl000 (3 posts) -

@ruby321: Was it Ghosts 'n Goblins?

#11958 Posted by digitalteacher (0 posts) -

#11959 Posted by unit275431 (1 posts) -

okay im finding an old survival game

-it was single-player

-the AI traded with you

-you used meat as a currency

-you made your weapons peace by peace and had full creative control over it

#11960 Posted by pasibro (3 posts) -

i dont know

#11961 Posted by Carlinn (2 posts) -

Hey guys

I'm after 2 games.

The first is this:

It was a demo on a pc world disc back in the early 2000s I think...

I remember it's a old puzzle game. It starts in a hotel and you play as a woman. The camera is a fixed camera and when you walk out of the scene it's showing, it switches to the scene you walk in to. The start of the demo is your in a a hotel and when you try to leave it says something like, "it's raining". It encourages you upstairs into the room you've hired. I think the characters stuff is splayed out on the bed. You do some thing then you can leave the hotel. Your out of the street and you can go up or down... That's all I remember

I played it on the PC.

The second game was on the ps1 or ps2. It was a 3d fighting game with characters that had powers. They were fighting over a sword i think. I remember one map was a ruin that you could climb up onto the top of it. One of the characters special moves was to send beams of shapes of the buttons you pushed on the controller. So when you hit square she sent out a large pink square.

They may have been fighting over a glove... Or a sword I think.

That's all I remember sorry

Thanks for the help guys

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#11962 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@carlinn: The first one is Syberia

#11963 Posted by Carlinn (2 posts) -

Omfg... Your amazing. Do you have any idea how many years I've been searching for this game... Thank you a million times

#11964 Posted by CeeDee310 (2 posts) -

I've been trying to figure out the title of a game I used to play when I was a kid, somewhere around 2009-2011. The game was on Y8 and it was a role-playing game which involved buying and picking up items(weapons, trousers, etc.). It also involved picking up golden coins from enemies that you had killed. Also, the game had a top-down view and I think was inclined with knights? :< Hope someone knows the game I'm talking about.

Avatar image for bdeshazocouchot
#11965 Edited by bdeshazocouchot (2 posts) -

@nodoubtfan82: Hey, this is a later game (and a late comment) but could it be Hugo 3: Jungle of Doom? I have been searching for this game forever and I found your post. I finally found the game tonight (and Hugo 1, which I've been dying to find but didn't know the name of). Anyway, look it up. The screen shots bring back memories, although it looks a tiny bit different than I remember. Did it also have a "river rafting" mini-game moment during the game? That's what I remember about it anyway.

I joined Gamespot just to respond to you, in case you never found that game and we happen to have been looking for the same game.

Avatar image for bdeshazocouchot
#11966 Posted by bdeshazocouchot (2 posts) -

I need help finding an old PC game myself!

The game was a world builder of some sort. All I remember is that I had a demo (maybe on one of those PC gamer demo discs) and that there were creatures on your world that looked like the mounts the gungans ride in Star Wars. You wanted to multiply them. Eventually you would move through the ages, balancing your ecosystem. It was NOT Spore and it is not listed on the "biological simulation games" wikipedia page. Maybe the focus was less on biology and more on society as the game got going, but I only had a demo. This would have been late 90's early 00's.

#11967 Posted by nodoubtfan82 (27 posts) -

@bdeshazocouchot: Yeah it was Hugo 3: Jungle Of Doom. :D I actually found that out a tad bit after I posted, so my bad for not responding lol. But thanks to everyone who did respond trying to help. :)

#11968 Posted by hexruin (1 posts) -

Hi guys. Lately I've been thinking about this game I used to play a long time ago. I really hope you can help me find it.

1) I remember this was a game where you had to defeat criminals that where hiding in castles... You started on a land where there were castles, trailers and more where you could buy fairies, skeletons, giants, peasants to add to your army. There was also a little town in this land, and there you could buy a catapult (?) and a ship to travel around the world. You could go to the dessert where there were the most dangerous enemies like dragons and so. And you could go to a forest where there were druids or something like that.

2) Gosh, I know I played it between 2006 and 2007, but... Maybe 2000?

3) Look, I don't really know if it was out for other plataforms, but I know I played it on my old PC.

4) RPG. You could choose between four heroes (can't remember if it was two males and two females or three males and one female). The difficulty that you chose changed the amount of days you had to complete the mission, I think it was: easy 700-900 days, medium (700-500), and hard (400). Oh, when one of the enemies groups catched you walking around the land, it started the fight; your army was at the left of the screen, and the enemy's army was at the right. In combat, you could aim your army to attack a specific enemy with a red circle.

That's all I can remember, it was such a good game...

#11969 Posted by cathalk (29 posts) -

@bdeshazocouchot: There was actually a Star Wars game as you describe called Gungan Frontier, maybe it was that?

#11971 Posted by CeeDee310 (2 posts) -

Another game that I want to recall was a game in y8 where you would play as a dude and there was this girl in red that would cast skills(I think?). I remember you could freely choose which stat to increase and you also had a dragon egg which needed hatching, eventually turning into a small to giant sized red dragon. I remember it was entitled Diablo or something but it doesn't show up when I try to search for it. It had a cartoon-y feel to its graphics and had a top-down perspective. Thanks in advance!

#11972 Posted by Dikkdewsh (2 posts) -

Hello!

I'm desperate. The game I can vaguely remember has the same final fantasy 7-8 aesthetic but is not that game. It came out for PlayStation I'd say in the real early 2000's and had a boy I believe as the main character who wore a school boy outfit but he also had a different form or a robot that he could wear that had arms that were brown flat and long... I really cannot think of anything else.

#11973 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@dikkdewsh said:

Hello!

I'm desperate. The game I can vaguely remember has the same final fantasy 7-8 aesthetic but is not that game. It came out for PlayStation I'd say in the real early 2000's and had a boy I believe as the main character who wore a school boy outfit but he also had a different form or a robot that he could wear that had arms that were brown flat and long... I really cannot think of anything else.

Tail Concerto?

#11974 Edited by Dikkdewsh (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: holy moly... That's it... God's be praised. Thank you so much for your help. I really feel a huge weight has been lifted.

#11975 Posted by CB (3 posts) -

@cb: can I bump my own question? I am desperate, it has been driving me crazy

#11976 Edited by CB (3 posts) -

Bumping (sorry)

Think it may even have been mid 80s

-------------------------

I'm desperately trying to remember the name of a game I played in the Arcades in early 90's (or v late 80's)

Was a top-down one-screen non-scrolling shooter, with you at the bottom and enemies advancing downwards from the top towards you; similar idea to space invaders but a fantasy setting; you are defending a castle, you are in a courtyard I think there are battlements etc at the edges of the screen.

Fluid, detailed graphics like SWIV, your weapons start as arrows or thrown spears maybe but quickly upgrade to satisfying spray of medieval hardware

maybe enemies are gargoyle like things which explode on death

Played it about 50 times in an Arcade in Malta over a week while on holiday and never saw it again

#11977 Edited by jtl000 (3 posts) -

@jtl000: I found the game: Ninja Spirit

Hi, I am trying to recall the title of the game I played.

1980s or 1990s arcade game

theme: ninja, side scrolling

Starting the game with swords, enemies coming from all directions (eg: underfloor, upper floor), if enemies touch you, you are dead

Generally can kill enemies with one strike, except some stronger enemies or the bosses, there are 6 or 7 stages?

Weapons are upgradeable (lightning swords) and selectable (like shooting stars and chained axe, but have to pick up the weapons along the way)

You can pick up ghost assistant along the way to help with your attack power, when you jump up and landing down, the ghost assistant hang in the air. the ghost assistant will not die off from touching enemies.

Can someone name this game?

#11978 Posted by vancho0795 (5 posts) -

@stormus2008: wow , that’s good

#11979 Edited by konbekon (2 posts) -

Hi everyone,

When I was a kid, I had a terrifying Horror game on my PC!

3d game

You are moving in a house, and sometimes everything starts to Burn (for short period) and then gets back to normal.

Maybe the main character has old memories or hallucination.The fire is frequently appearing, but there is one moment i cant forget - when you start to hallucinate the fire again, a monster appears right in front of you!I cant describe it..

Dont know anything about the year or the graphics (everyone remembers old games looking better than they are).

I played it somewhere in 2006-2013, but the game is probably older.

I cant find it, help!

#11980 Edited by karenminton435 (2 posts) -

Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.

mcafee.com/activate

mcafee.com/activate

office.com/setup

office.com/setup

#11981 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@konbekon said:

Hi everyone,

3d game

You are moving in a house, and sometimes everything starts to Burn (for short period) and then gets back to normal.

Maybe the main character has old memories or hallucination.The fire is frequently appearing, but there is one moment i cant forget - when you start to hallucinate the fire again, a monster appears right in front of you!I cant describe it..

Dont know anything about the year or the graphics (everyone remembers old games looking better than they are).

I cant find it, help!

Not knowing how old you are today, "as a kid" doesn't really help: you could be 45 and looking for an 80s game, or you could be 18 and looking for a 2010 game. Know what I'm sayin'?

#11982 Posted by Aloysius1 (7 posts) -

Why do I have to post 3 messages before I can start a thread??

#11983 Posted by Aloysius1 (7 posts) -

Why do I have to post 3 messages before I can start a thread??

#11984 Edited by konbekon (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@konbekon said:

Hi everyone,

3d game

I cant find it, help!

Not knowing how old you are today, "as a kid" doesn't really help: you could be 45 and looking for an 80s game, or you could be 18 and looking for a 2010 game. Know what I'm sayin'?

I played it somewhere in 2007-2013, but the game is probably older.

#11985 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@konbekon said:
@Black_Knight_00 said:

I played it somewhere in 2007-2013, but the game is probably older.

Could it be Clive Barker's Undying?

F.E.A.R. also had fire hallucination segments.

#11986 Edited by coolhandjake (3 posts) -

a bomb went off in a town giving certain people special powers the main character could hone electricity

#11987 Edited by tatko222 (1 posts) -

Hi everyone. The game i was looking for is an old First Person Shooter that i was playing back in 2007/08.

It was a war game where you would stand in some shelter and you couldnt move, just shoot at enemies that were attacking you in waves.The more waves you cleared , the next would be harder. Sometimes it would be soldiers, tanks, airplanes, helicopters. There was even night mode. You could also throw bombs and call for an airstrike. I played it on PC and now I cant find it.

At the main screen of the game there was picture in the backround of weapons like a pistol, AK47, Rocket launcher, some bombs and something else.

That is all i can remember. Thanks in advance

#11989 Posted by Vrana (37 posts) -

@tatko222 said:

Hi everyone. The game i was looking for is an old First Person Shooter that i was playing back in 2007/08.

It was a war game where you would stand in some shelter and you couldnt move, just shoot at enemies that were attacking you in waves.The more waves you cleared , the next would be harder. Sometimes it would be soldiers, tanks, airplanes, helicopters. There was even night mode. You could also throw bombs and call for an airstrike. I played it on PC and now I cant find it.

At the main screen of the game there was picture in the backround of weapons like a pistol, AK47, Rocket launcher, some bombs and something else.

That is all i can remember. Thanks in advance

Beach head

#11991 Edited by Nartito (1 posts) -

Hi guys, i've been looking for this game for 2 years now, but to no answers. He it goes:

It's a puzzle style game (Like candy crush). I played it on PC. The graphics are 3D, but it kinda works like Little Big Earth where the characters move horizontally. THIS GAME FUNCTIONS A LOT LIKE PUZZLE CHRONICLES!

You play as a red-headed woman who goes to a quest to fight an evil warlock in some sort of castle, and in every level you have to fight their minions / bosses. They look like monsters however. Once you complete the level i remember you can change your swords and arrows and clothings.

I remember when playing the puzzle board, you attack the enemy, and after your turn ends, he gets to play the puzzle board and attack you back.

I remember playing this game in 2006-2010, but it could be older than that.

#11992 Posted by bence7661 (2 posts) -

Hey guys ! So the game I am looking for is:

-Fps shooter

-Pc platform

-I have no idead when did it come out maybe around early 2000's

-Gameplay: You had to go trough maps filled with enemies( I remember it was pretty linear). It had bossfights.

You had the option to dual wield weapons and your melee attack was a girl with a whip who was sitting on your back.

The character you played with is a pretty muscular guy.

The game started with a truck going away with your kid (or maybe the main villain is a kid who stole your truck idk) and you and your girlfriend stood a few meters away.

Thats all I remember :/

thx guys

#11994 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@bence7661 said:

Hey guys ! So the game I am looking for is:

-Fps shooter

-Pc platform

-I have no idead when did it come out maybe around early 2000's

-Gameplay: You had to go trough maps filled with enemies( I remember it was pretty linear). It had bossfights.

You had the option to dual wield weapons and your melee attack was a girl with a whip who was sitting on your back.

The character you played with is a pretty muscular guy.

The game started with a truck going away with your kid (or maybe the main villain is a kid who stole your truck idk) and you and your girlfriend stood a few meters away.

Thats all I remember :/

thx guys

Nitro Family

#11995 Posted by bence7661 (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Thanks mate <3 Can't wait to play it again

#11996 Posted by Leatherbean (6 posts) -

Hi!

Im looking for a ps 1 or 2 third person game which starts with scene where you talk with someone who has glasses (and reveals to be the main boss at the end). Next thing I remember is you go to a scene where is ambulances and polices in front of huge shopping mall. Your protagonist is somekind of agent or soldier who goes alone in the mall and has to fight with aliens. The game has intensive feeling and those aliens are kinda hard(?) to kill. Every else memory of that game is blurred

Avatar image for ahmedyassergomm
#11997 Edited by ahmedyassergomm (3 posts) -

nice

#11998 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@leatherbean said:

Hi!

Im looking for a ps 1 or 2 third person game which starts with scene where you talk with someone who has glasses (and reveals to be the main boss at the end). Next thing I remember is you go to a scene where is ambulances and polices in front of huge shopping mall. Your protagonist is somekind of agent or soldier who goes alone in the mall and has to fight with aliens. The game has intensive feeling and those aliens are kinda hard(?) to kill. Every else memory of that game is blurred

Could be Parasite Eve 2

#11999 Posted by Velemeister (2 posts) -

Hello everyone

This is a game that me and my cousin used to play on his pc in early 2000s. If I remember correctly he had a CD with a lot of different arcade games and this one was on it. The one I'm looking for is a run and gun similar to metal slug. I remember one of the bosses being a giant monkey and after you beat him, you release some girls from a cage. Another boss was a big dinosaur that was shifting between diferrent heads when you bring his health down (could be the final boss). My memory's very blurry since I was probably 4/5 years old at the time, so I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

#12000 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@velemeister said:

Hello everyone

This is a game that me and my cousin used to play on his pc in early 2000s. If I remember correctly he had a CD with a lot of different arcade games and this one was on it. The one I'm looking for is a run and gun similar to metal slug. I remember one of the bosses being a giant monkey and after you beat him, you release some girls from a cage. Another boss was a big dinosaur that was shifting between diferrent heads when you bring his health down (could be the final boss). My memory's very blurry since I was probably 4/5 years old at the time, so I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

Joe & Mac?