Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#11901 Posted by BushidoBanshee (4 posts) -

@rage_phace: As far as I remember it was mainly an RPG game. However whenever you encountered an enemy the screen would sorta zip to the side and you would be in a sort of fighting scenario, arena style.

#11902 Edited by WellBattle6 (7 posts) -

Hi, I'm trying to find a game from about five to ten years ago that I watched on Youtube. It was a 2d pixel graphic PC game about a little boy whose mother is sick. As his mother is sick, he went out to explore with nothing but some gold coins. Along a path, he had the option of donating a coin to a stranger on the road. Eventually, the boy set about exploring a castle. There were elements of psychological horror as he met a devil goat/sheep, and one time he returned home to find his mother behaving really creepily, a monster in disguise. At one point I remember that some characters in a garden like area would turn into sheep, and if you talk to the another character, eventually you would discover that the characters that have been turned into sheep have been eaten by that npc, with their bloody corpses lying on the ground. Near the end there was a point where the king of the castle suddenly appears and declares that he is the boy's father, and imploring him to take up the crown. In reality, it is revealed that the king is an illusion. It is revealed that the jester has been trapped to serve in the castle forever, and the boy is able to free the jester. The game had multiple endings. One in which the boy takes up the crown and has parties everyday, forgetting about his mom forever. Another in which he returns home with treasure he found in the castle and lives happily at home with his mom. Then the best ending in which the boy buys the castle and moves in with his mom. There are several more variations of endings possible.

#11903 Posted by WellBattle6 (7 posts) -

@wellbattle6: I managed to find it on Youtube, it's The Count Lucanor.

#11904 Posted by robin_076 (7 posts) -

Hi everyone!

I just joined Gamespot due to my problem below.

I am looking for a flash game that I played ~10 years ago (don't remember which website). It was a 2D platformer game, I think it was fully, or mostly black and white, and I think the graphics was like hand drawn, or similar to that. The peculiar thing about the game is that (I don't remember the character) it didn't really have a story, or any point that I saw in playing it, it was just entertaining and also weird, due to it's graphics and sound effects. The map was repeating itself horizontally and vertically too I think, and was full of weird things like a bag (?) or something like that, which produced the sound of little kittens whenever touched with the character. Other items produced the sound of (beer)bottles being hit by each other, or sounds of a jew's-harp (musical instrument) for an instance. I think that the map had a given size, it was not infinite, but maybe when I reach the right edge, and continue going, I got to its left edge, so basically it was infinite if I remember this right.

What I am quite sure about, is the many weird sound effects and the strange, rectangular, high and wide map, that didn't seem to have a start and a finish or any point at all. Here's a random picture, which's graphics look pretty similar to the one of that flash game.

https://www.creativelive.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/16001.jpg

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

#11905 Posted by Rage_Phace (26 posts) -

@robin_076: Reminds me of this game called Take-A-Walk and N+

#11906 Posted by robin_076 (7 posts) -

@rage_phace: hey, thank for the reply! Unfortunately neither of them. This game for waaay more weird, full of weird sounds, almost nonfigurative "items" that gave these sounds, and no story, or any place to go. You could just walk in the game, but no real point, as I remember.

#11908 Edited by SireDiablos (4 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Ok, so i finally got to check, i dont think its one of the commando games, it was more of a divided into squares gameplay (like xcom), and you had a certain number of moves in a turn to move and shoot

Thanks anyways

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#11909 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@sirediablos said:

@Black_Knight_00: Ok, so i finally got to check, i dont think its one of the commando games, it was more of a divided into squares gameplay (like xcom), and you had a certain number of moves in a turn to move and shoot

Thanks anyways

one of the Jagged Alliance games?

#11910 Posted by outworld222 (2995 posts) -

Alright. Gonna give this game one more attempt.

It’s a pc war strategy game from the 1990s.

All I can remember is that there are three factions. And they all compete against each other. They had tiny soldiers. One team, for example had the red color. Another had yellow. I’m not sure about the colors, but each team did have distinct colors. It had an isometric view. So basically you were looking at the landscape from an angle. I tried to research C&C, Axis and alies, but nothing comes close to the game. I’m sure if I see it I will recognize the game. Thank you and have a great day.

#11911 Posted by sapit96 (1 posts) -

I'm trying to remember an arcade game., i used to play in the early 2000's.

- Probably from the 90's.

- Plataform game.

- Kinda Fantasy themed.

- 2 characters:

- They used a knife or dagger and almost sure a pistol or bow and arrow.

- The characters were physically similar (maybe brothers?). Both male, big nosed. Like young elfs. One of them had naked torso, and the other one a hat.

- In the menu you pressed some cards and turned around.

- The caracthers were followed by a fairy like lighty spirit of pink, purple color.

- there was a big metal sun with eyes and mouth at some point of the game.

- at some point there was a big slope so the character slid throug it.

I cant remember anything else.

#11912 Posted by SireDiablos (4 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Thanks so much for trying but again,its not it

Maybe the game is really czech and unknown to the rest of the world.

#11913 Posted by Rage_Phace (26 posts) -

@robin_076: It will help if you describe me what the level(s) look like and also if it was on a "multiple games" website, like CoolMath.

#11914 Edited by robin_076 (7 posts) -

@rage_phace: Hey, yes it definitely was on such a website, I dont remember which one (maybe it was a Hungarian one, as I am from Hungary), but similar to Kongregate for example I think. There was only 1 level, thats why I mentioned I saw "no point" in playing the game, because there was no progress really. I just wandered that one level of platforms and weird items and sound effects, thats all I can remember. It was like hand drawn, as if it was a childs game, something very cute. It really did look like something for small children to play with, however, it was still too weird for any children. Please check the original photo I have linked, I could describe the graphics any better than that, it is the closest guess I could get. :/

Thanks for you help!

#11915 Posted by Rage_Phace (26 posts) -

@robin_076: Could you ever see your character or you never did?

#11916 Edited by robin_076 (7 posts) -

@rage_phace: Thing is, I don't remember the character at all. I pretty much think it was visible, but I dont even know if it was a stickman, a normal person-like character or a little ball. No idea what it was. Wish I could tell you more information...

#11917 Edited by Rage_Phace (26 posts) -

@robin_076: Is it lot like Soda drinker pro?

#11918 Edited by robin_076 (7 posts) -

@rage_phace: I think you missed my very first comment on this topic, I am talking about a 2D platformer. Please check on my very first comment here, I gave a very specific description about this game.

#11919 Posted by Rage_Phace (26 posts) -

@robin_076: I know about that, but is it like the game? Art style? "Gameplay"?

#11920 Posted by Tanzudo (28 posts) -

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to figure out 2 games that I can not for the life of me remember how they were called. I will start with the first one. This first one is a webgame (probably utilized flash or shockwave to run) that I played I would say somewhere between 2003~2008. As far as I believe I played it through the cartoonnetwork website. In this game I believe you controlled a sort of robot soldier and you would be looking from a birds eye view not fully top down but more like starcraft camera style. You would be walking through various levels probably doing some missions or killing some stuff, i am not quite sure what the objective was. The setting of the game seemed to be sort of mechanical environments like engine rooms and hallways and stuff. Besides all of this I can not remember much more. I have already tried searching for this game through the waybackarchives and any kind of cartoon network pack with games I can find, however no luck. If I would see it I would certainly recognize it.

The second game I have is another webgame (I am pretty sure it ran on flash). I also played it somewhere between 2003-2009. It is a sort of weird mix of a puzzling/physics (time reaction sensitive) game. The goal of the game was to sort of time an object that would move like a pendulum and it had to connect or reach other objects. I found it to be a very interesting game at the time. It had a sort of purple-ish/pink-ish background for coloring scheme and it looked pretty smooth and polished (at least for the time in my memory). At first I thought I had found that game on www.xgenstudios.com but I think that is not correct because I can not find that game when looking through the game list section in waybackarchives. So I probably found it through another website. The closest kind of game that I can give you guys as an example of how the gameplay sort of feels like is this little game I found on newgrounds (https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/600421) It really kinda reminds me of that game. However the game I am talking about was way more interesting, at least that is what I remember.

If anyone can help me out with these two games then I would definitely appreciate it.

#11921 Posted by kljmnsn (1 posts) -

Hey guy I really wanted to make a request so I could find this one game I used to play probably around 2007-2009.

My main description for this game was that it was a "sideways horizontal shooter pc game similar to jets n guns (not awfully familiar just in its genre)".

I also remember very distinctly that the main plane/space shuttle looking plane which the player maneuvered was yellow.

The art style was somewhat cartoony from what I can remember with a lot of color. There might have also been an option to add a 2nd player to make it two player and that might have added another green space shuttle/plane.

Btw this game wasn't situated in space but on a planet or possibly planets. I remember that the planets were very similar to "earth" based atmosphere in games.

Also I used to play this game on Windows XP.

Thanks it would be very helpful if you could help me rediscover this title

#11922 Edited by robin_076 (7 posts) -

@rage_phace: I see what you mean now. I would say yes, since there was no story or mission at all, I think it was all about the graphics and those weird sound effects.

#11923 Edited by Kawaxte (3 posts) -

So it was a PS1 game I remember playing with my brother. As much as my memory can recall, it was very similar to a PC game called Need For Madness. It shared similar game mechanics, vehicle models, graphics and much more. I remember on a CD back cover, the center box preview had a vehicle passing by the bridge that was dark brown or something. The shot was taken on top view. Gameplay was slightly different from PC game, NFM. I remember there was a deserted canyon where you can race with others. You randomly shrunk in size and went back to normal. A formula (the same from NFM) was able to go under monster truck because it was small and "portable". It was able to finish first. I also remember the entire game looking rusty, as in desert yellow color. In that canyon, you also had a chance to push other vehicles off and get the lead. The bridge from the back cover was a nightmare. It was a place where it was so easy to be knocked off as it was a bit thin. If you need, I can 10/10 (which sarcastically means bad) draw some examples for you. Monster truck was also the best vehicle in the game as it was easy to knock others off with it and take the lead when smaller in size (as fast formulas couldn't get past you that easily). I also know a person who ALSO knows this game but can't remember its name.

Our discords are:

(i am) a hentai expert#0500 (me)

ClassyTuxedo#5375 (person that ALSO knows this game)

#11924 Posted by Tanzudo (28 posts) -

@Tanzudo: Heey Guys I managed to figure out what the first game is called that I was searching for. It is called toonami - lockdown. However that other flash webgame is still out of reach.

#11925 Posted by Rage_Phace (26 posts) -

@kawaxte: Is it bird's eye view or 1st person or ect.?

#11926 Posted by Kawaxte (3 posts) -

@rage_phace: 3rd person view. It's like most racing game views.

#11929 Posted by Tanzudo (28 posts) -

@Tanzudo: Okay so I managed to find that second game as well myself. It was called XRaye, I found it through a thread on reddit. So these two games are officially solved :)

#11931 Edited by OddGuyLongHair (2 posts) -

I have been searching for the title of this game. It was an arcade game from the 80s, latter half most likely. Side-scrolling (left-to-right) shoot 'em up with a female protagonist. A lightsaber-like weapon was one of the items, and one big part of the game was blasting through stone walls. The game started off with the protagonist being beamed down onto a planet via a flying saucer.

And there was this really bitchin' soundtrack to it as well. Very 80s rock music-type stuff.

That's all I remember right now. Please help if you know.

#11932 Edited by techiesmart (6 posts) -

The same happens to me all the times

#11933 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@oddguylonghair said:

I have been searching for the title of this game. It was an arcade game from the 80s, latter half most likely. Side-scrolling (left-to-right) shoot 'em up with a female protagonist. A lightsaber-like weapon was one of the items, and one big part of the game was blasting through stone walls. The game started off with the protagonist being beamed down onto a planet via a flying saucer.

And there was this really bitchin' soundtrack to it as well. Very 80s rock music-type stuff.

That's all I remember right now. Please help if you know.

Was the character walking or flying?

#11934 Posted by Rage_Phace (26 posts) -

@robin_076: I been searching and I can't find it unless it is The Bridge. The only thing I can say is the website is tooken down or search for online trippy games.

- Sorry, hopefully you find it. Good luck

#11935 Posted by Rage_Phace (26 posts) -

@hellclaimer: Could you answer my question? It will help me find it!

#11936 Posted by robin_076 (7 posts) -

@rage_phace: Hey, unfortunately not that game :/ Thank you very much for your help anyway! :)

#11937 Posted by OddGuyLongHair (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Maybe both? I definitely remember walking, but there might have been some flying too.

#11938 Edited by jtl000 (3 posts) -

Hi, I am trying to recall the title of the game I played.

1980s or 1990s arcade game

theme: ninja, side scrolling

Starting the game with swords, enemies coming from all directions (eg: underfloor, upper floor), if enemies touch you, you are dead

Generally can kill enemies with one strike, except some stronger enemies or the bosses, there are 6 or 7 stages?

Weapons are upgradeable (lightning swords) and selectable (like shooting stars and chained axe, but have to pick up the weapons along the way)

You can pick up ghost assistant along the way to help with your attack power, when you jump up and landing down, the ghost assistant hang in the air. the ghost assistant will not die off from touching enemies.

Can someone name this game?

#11940 Posted by cathalk (29 posts) -

@kawaxte: Sounds like Circuit Breakers.

#11941 Edited by Kawaxte (3 posts) -

@cathalk: THAT'S THE RIGHT GAME THANK YOU!

Turns out this isn't how I remember the game. Gee, I wonder why...

#11942 Edited by DOSboi (1 posts) -

So, the game im looking for is a top down perspective "survival game" where you can play as 2 aliens and a human (you pick your "race" when you create your character).

I called this game a "survival game" because you need to find items to build weapons (human), be near campfires to get warm, ect.

If i remember correctly, you start in something like a house with 1 door. Your objective depends on your race, 1 alien needs to become the biggest to become the hive queen (or something like that).

The map is like a square, when you get to the end (lets say North), the map shifts to the second square and you can keep going North until you reach the top of the second square and so on.

I belive the game was free.

#11943 Posted by CB (3 posts) -

I'm desperately trying to remember the name of a game I played in the Arcades in early 90's (or v late 80's)

Was a top-down one-screen non-scrolling shooter, with you at the bottom and enemies advancing downwards from the top towards you; similar idea to space invaders but a fantasy setting; you are defending a castle, you are in a courtyard I think there are battlements etc at the edges of the screen.

Fluid, detailed graphics like SWIV, your weapons start as arrows or thrown spears maybe but quickly upgrade to satisfying spray of medieval hardware

maybe enemies are gargoyle like things which explode on death

Played it about 50 times in an Arcade in Malta over a week while on holiday and never saw it again

#11944 Edited by JBlake8801 (1 posts) -

Ok, I'm sorry if this game has already been asked about, and found, but I just remember one part, it's kinda like the halo or cod games, but it's been like, 10 years, since I played it, and the only thing I can remember, is that it was third-person view, and the one scene I can remember is, you're on an icy planet, you're walking around outside, toward something, and there's a large hole in a giant ice wall leading to a roundish area with some sort of structure on the left from the large opening, and there's huge alien bug like creatures that roll up into balls, or discs, like pillbugs, and then roll toward you

#11945 Posted by Ruby321 (1 posts) -

Hi

I remember playing a computer game in the late 90s/early 2000s where I would shoot either flying birds, bats or vampires through a graveyard at night. I think I recall there being some sort of castle somewhere in the game too. I am pretty sure it was not a disk game. I can't think of the name for the life of me and would love to find it somewhere online if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what game this could be?

Thanks!

#11946 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@jblake8801 said:

Ok, I'm sorry if this game has already been asked about, and found, but I just remember one part, it's kinda like the halo or cod games, but it's been like, 10 years, since I played it, and the only thing I can remember, is that it was third-person view, and the one scene I can remember is, you're on an icy planet, you're walking around outside, toward something, and there's a large hole in a giant ice wall leading to a roundish area with some sort of structure on the left from the large opening, and there's huge alien bug like creatures that roll up into balls, or discs, like pillbugs, and then roll toward you

Lost Planet?

#11948 Posted by Malificus00 (2 posts) -

Hi! I am dying to find out the title of this game and have been searching for hours on what it is. I sort of remember it having a title of “Kingdom” or “Legend” on it. I played it on Dreamcast and PC before and it is an old game, probably early 2000s. Can someone help, please? It starts off with a male knight or squire in a castle where you can explore and buy potions from. It begins by providing you combat tutorial. Its combat system is quite similar to Dragon Age where you can toggle the combat menu and everything slows down while you are fighting the enemy and you can choose which attacks you can do. Though from what I can recall you can also do normal attacks not relying on the combat menu that slows everything down. You then go on a quest to find a princess of some sort if I am not wrong and you eventually find her and you go on adventures with her and meet up with more companions along the way, one is a scientist with a gun as a weapon and the other a cat person who uses claws as a weapon. The princess uses magic I guess and the knight uses a broad sword. And I don’t know if this will help in the search but at some point in the game you will encounter a town named along the lines of Acadia, I think. I hope the information here is enough. Hope someone can find the title of this game. Would love to play it again.

#11949 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21530 posts) -

@malificus00 said:

Hi! I am dying to find out the title of this game and have been searching for hours on what it is. I sort of remember it having a title of “Kingdom” or “Legend” on it. I played it on Dreamcast and PC before and it is an old game, probably early 2000s. Can someone help, please? It starts off with a male knight or squire in a castle where you can explore and buy potions from. It begins by providing you combat tutorial. Its combat system is quite similar to Dragon Age where you can toggle the combat menu and everything slows down while you are fighting the enemy and you can choose which attacks you can do. Though from what I can recall you can also do normal attacks not relying on the combat menu that slows everything down. You then go on a quest to find a princess of some sort if I am not wrong and you eventually find her and you go on adventures with her and meet up with more companions along the way, one is a scientist with a gun as a weapon and the other a cat person who uses claws as a weapon. The princess uses magic I guess and the knight uses a broad sword. And I don’t know if this will help in the search but at some point in the game you will encounter a town named along the lines of Acadia, I think. I hope the information here is enough. Hope someone can find the title of this game. Would love to play it again.

One more person looking for Sudeki.

#11950 Edited by Malificus00 (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: OMG thank you so much!!