Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#751 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@himynameislou said:

No. Very different compared to Worms. If anything it is more like Command & Conquer, but overly simplified and given a cartoony feel.

All right, so it's like C&C, but seen from the side like a plarform game. And it has blobs. I'll see what I can find. The website I use for research is glitched right now, so bear with me.

HiMyNameIsLou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#752 HiMyNameIsLou
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@himynameislou said:

No. Very different compared to Worms. If anything it is more like Command & Conquer, but overly simplified and given a cartoony feel.

All right, so it's like C&C, but seen from the side like a plarform game. And it has blobs. I'll see what I can find. The website I use for research is glitched right now, so bear with me.

No, it's not seen from the side, but from the top (like your average RTS game). I just said it's a platformer because I don't know the proper term (the game map has multiple levels, but isn't separated (like hills, arches, etc.)). Sorry to confuse hahaha.

To break it down:

-Similar to C&C

-Seen from the top like an RTS, but the game maps has multiple levels

-Played like an RTS game (you create the blobs from your "base", and proceed to attack your opponent)

-You don't really get a base, but rather like a device that allows you to create more blobs, and that's it.

-The main characters are humanoid blobs of different colours

-These blobs fight each other bare-handed, or using "weapons" (shovels, baseball bats, drinking straws, etc)

-The maps are kind of crazy, but is usually themed (there's a candy theme, birthday theme, etc)

Sorry if I can't be clearer, it's been at least 10 years since I played it. Just ask me if you want specific details and I'll see whether I can remember.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#753  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@himynameislou said:

Ok, so it's like C&C, but seen from the side like a platform game starring blobs.

I'll see what I can find.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@himynameislou:

sluglg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755  Edited By sluglg1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Trying to find a game that's older.

You would run a shop in a medieval village. Like an Alchemy shop or Blacksmith. You could assign your assistants to do tasks. Such as 'Go gather herbs'. I think you could hire up to three of them. You would buy upgrades to the shop and it would open for business during the day. You could also choose to be a thief I think and train your three assistants to help you. Most of the game play is in the shops though. You also would buy carts and guards. I may be wrong but marriage was also a part of gameplay. I also think you could choose to be a priest and people would pay you to absolve them of sins.

Thanks!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 Black_Knight_00

@sluglg1 said:

Trying to find a game that's older.

You would run a shop in a medieval village. Like an Alchemy shop or Blacksmith. You could assign your assistants to do tasks. Such as 'Go gather herbs'. I think you could hire up to three of them. You would buy upgrades to the shop and it would open for business during the day. You could also choose to be a thief I think and train your three assistants to help you. Most of the game play is in the shops though. You also would buy carts and guards. I may be wrong but marriage was also a part of gameplay. I also think you could choose to be a priest and people would pay you to absolve them of sins.

Thanks!

The Sims Medieval

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#757 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

@tajirinere said:

http://t.co/QYXlajYZMP at the 3:59 mark just before it switches to Bastion, a platformer is shown that looks really pretty. Do any of you know the title?

That's Dustforce.

sluglg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 sluglg1

@Black_Knight_00: No sorry that's not it. Maybe I shouldn't have said medievl. It's set in a town that you choose in the beginning. Some towns are better for certain professions.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@sluglg1 said:

No sorry that's not it. Maybe I shouldn't have said medievl. It's set in a town that you choose in the beginning. Some towns are better for certain professions.

Europa 1400: The Guild?

The Guild 2?

sluglg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760 sluglg1

@Black_Knight_00: That's it! Thanks much.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761  Edited By Black_Knight_00
@sluglg1 said:

@Black_Knight_00: That's it! Thanks much.

You're welcome!

boulhead95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762  Edited By boulhead95

theres a robot game but i cant remember the name i only can remember that you have to download it and afterwards you could just press play on the webbsite you had a loggin and i think you could choose between like 3 robots to start with and then you started joining servers completing levels together after each level you could have the luck to gain an item aswell as some sort of money to buy new items for the robot... just asking if anyone may know the name or anything that might help me find it :)

boulhead95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 boulhead95

its a free rpg game for PC i know that much aswell :P

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@boulhead95 said:

theres a robot game but i cant remember the name i only can remember that you have to download it and afterwards you could just press play on the webbsite you had a loggin and i think you could choose between like 3 robots to start with and then you started joining servers completing levels together after each level you could have the luck to gain an item aswell as some sort of money to buy new items for the robot... just asking if anyone may know the name or anything that might help me find it :)

Way too vague.

See how many different games match that description

boulhead95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 boulhead95

yeah thats what i thought well i think you could be up to 4 ppl in a party and there was like alot of platforms with lava around so if you fell down you lost that game i wouldnt revive untill another in your team found like a reviving thing that could drop from one of the monsters and you had to kill all the monsters then there was a boss on each stage i think

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 Black_Knight_00

@boulhead95 said:

yeah thats what i thought well i think you could be up to 4 ppl in a party and there was like alot of platforms with lava around so if you fell down you lost that game i wouldnt revive untill another in your team found like a reviving thing that could drop from one of the monsters and you had to kill all the monsters then there was a boss on each stage i think

The easiest things to remember: what kind of game was it? Third person shooter? Platform game? 2D or 3D?

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767  Edited By Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

Fairly recent PC FPS game, still in alpha. Centred around a CIA operative, featured very realistic gun handling such as using the "low ready" position. Thanks.

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#768  Edited By bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

This game was old, probably the 90s on a floppy disk or something. You were in an office, and you wheel around in a swivel office chair. You shoot a stapler at people and the guy says "Eat staples!"
I don't remember what it looked like or anything... I'm guessing it was first person.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 Black_Knight_00

@bob_toeback said:

This game was old, probably the 90s on a floppy disk or something. You were in an office, and you wheel around in a swivel office chair. You shoot a stapler at people and the guy says "Eat staples!"

I don't remember what it looked like or anything... I'm guessing it was first person.

Just to narrow it down, do you think it was on DOS, Amiga or something else?

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770 bob_toeback

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@bob_toeback said:

I'm not overly sure, but DOS looks about right, from the brief google searches I did :P

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@bob_toeback said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@bob_toeback said:

I'm not overly sure, but DOS looks about right, from the brief google searches I did :P

Try:

Dilbert's Desktop Games

Ochakumi

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 bob_toeback

@Black_Knight_00: The one game in that sounds similar, however I am quite sure that is not it.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@bob_toeback said:

@Black_Knight_00: The one game in that sounds similar, however I am quite sure that is not it.

That's kind of it for 1990s games set in an office. Unless the game came out post-2000 in which case there are more, but if you say it was on floppy...

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774 bob_toeback

@Black_Knight_00: Yeah, I'm just kinda guessing. But whatever lol, thanks for checkin

burn_cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775  Edited By burn_cooper
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Oh i can't remember the name of this game, it was on pc when i was about 7, so something like year 1999-2000, you were this little orange oval thingy if i recall and you had to jump on blocks, i believe it was from eGames, sorry for my super bad memory -.- but anyone?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 Black_Knight_00

@burn_cooper said:

Oh i can't remember the name of this game, it was on pc when i was about 7, so something like year 1999-2000, you were this little orange oval thingy if i recall and you had to jump on blocks, i believe it was from eGames, sorry for my super bad memory -.- but anyone?

Sounds like Qbert

burn_cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777  Edited By burn_cooper
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: Not Qbert, but close, its only for the PC though, but thanks :)

demist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778 demist

Guys!

I really need your help.

Almost 3 years i'm trying to find a game which i was playing smth about 10 years ago.

What i remember about it:

There is a huge city in space, you are a journalist(as i remember right - with blue skin color), trying to catch a murderer(?)

You can play like RPG, moving your alter-ego in buildings, or you can fly in the city on your own spaceship.

Features, which i remember.

In buildings there were some special rooms where you can transform your body to look like someone else(e.g.policeman)

There were a lot of robots there.

You can make your own space ship, equip it with guns/motors you like and go on.

Ship names were like Bee, BumbleBee etc.

You can fly around the city and fight with other space ships. And there was a huge traffic in that city.

Do you remember this game??

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#779 Black_Knight_00

@demist said:

Guys!

I really need your help.

Almost 3 years i'm trying to find a game which i was playing smth about 10 years ago.

What i remember about it:

There is a huge city in space, you are a journalist(as i remember right - with blue skin color), trying to catch a murderer(?)

You can play like RPG, moving your alter-ego in buildings, or you can fly in the city on your own spaceship.

Features, which i remember.

In buildings there were some special rooms where you can transform your body to look like someone else(e.g.policeman)

There were a lot of robots there.

You can make your own space ship, equip it with guns/motors you like and go on.

Ship names were like Bee, BumbleBee etc.

You can fly around the city and fight with other space ships. And there was a huge traffic in that city.

Do you remember this game??

Ok, a few things you need to add: what system was it on, was it a 3D game? How was the camera (fixed angles, behind the character)?

In the meantime I'll throw a few games at you, let's see if we get lucky:

- Scrapland

- Perfect Assassin

- Re-Boot

- Giants: Citizen Kabuto

- Tabula Rasa

demist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780 demist

@Black_Knight_00: i love you bro, i owe you beer) its scrapland! many thx!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781 Black_Knight_00

@demist said:

@Black_Knight_00: i love you bro, i owe you beer) its scrapland! many thx!

You're welcome ;-)

Baydar_issa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782  Edited By Baydar_issa

i would be very grateful if you guys helped me to find this game...it's more of a childish game
it has cartoony graphics .. you are playing with a creature.. shooting bubbles at enemies trapping them for a while..you need to pop the bubbles while the enemy is in it for it to die..you get cake/sweets for each kill i think..you transfer between levels in a floating bubble.. and i remember the first boss in this game being a giant cat
thanks in advance

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#783  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@baydar_issa said:

i would be very grateful if you guys helped me to find this game...it's more of a childish game

it has cartoony graphics .. you are playing with a creature.. shooting bubbles at enemies trapping them for a while..you need to pop the bubbles while the enemy is in it for it to die..you get cake/sweets for each kill i think..you transfer between levels in a floating bubble.. and i remember the first boss in this game being a giant cat

thanks in advance

That sounds like one of the many versions of Bubble Bobble or one of its ripoffs, like Ultra Balloon

iDaich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784  Edited By iDaich

Hey guys, looking to find a game from my childhood.

It was a 90's PC game that involved some sort of earning money (by answering questions?) to travel to different capitals/countries. I think it was a kids' puzzle/edutainment game, but not super cartoon-y. It wasn't a platformer or first person game in which you could freely move your character around - I think it was just you interacting with a bunch of icons and menus.

There was also a detective/spy character (that showed up on a completion screen?) The cover was yellow with a tall apartment building in the middle and the detective/spy guy in a trench coat standing by it. Other than the yellow, the building and the character were in black and white on the cover.

The game was light-hearted and took place in regular present times with cars/planes/trains (I think that was how you could travel) and all that. It was also on CD so mid-late 90's?

Hopefully someone has some idea of what it could be (wish I provide better/more details). Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and help!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785 Black_Knight_00

@idaich said:

Hey guys, looking to find a game from my childhood.

It was a 90's PC game that involved some sort of earning money (by answering questions?) to travel to different capitals/countries. I think it was a kids' puzzle/edutainment game, but not super cartoon-y. It wasn't a platformer or first person game in which you could freely move your character around - I think it was just you interacting with a bunch of icons and menus.

There was also a detective/spy character (that showed up on a completion screen?) The cover was yellow with a tall apartment building in the middle and the detective/spy guy in a trench coat standing by it. Other than the yellow, the building and the character were in black and white on the cover.

The game was light-hearted and took place in regular present times with cars/planes/trains (I think that was how you could travel) and all that. It was also on CD so mid-late 90's?

Hopefully someone has some idea of what it could be (wish I provide better/more details). Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and help!

I'll give this a try, but I can already tell you that with 90s edutainment games it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Avatar image for megatron8347572
megatron8347572

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786 megatron8347572

Hi, I have been trying to remember this game and it has been driving me crazy.

I think it is an NES game but I have been starting to question that after not finding it after a lot of looking. Maybe SNES or Genesis.

Anyway, it is a top down action-shooterish game where the premise involves you going to different worlds through space and time. Each world has kind of a theme... some of them more mythological, some more futuristic (i think)

I want to say some worlds were ancient greece-ish and some worlds were dinosaur-ish. Something like that.

I kept thinking it was called Time Warriors or something along those lines.

I hope thats not too vauge

Thanks for any assistance

Baydar_issa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#787  Edited By Baydar_issa

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@baydar_issa said:

thanks in advance

That sounds like one of the many versions of Bubble Bobble or one of its ripoffs, like Ultra Balloon

it is pretty much similar in gameplay..almost identical...but the game i was referring to has MUCH better graphics..
thanks alot btw.. much appreciated

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#788 Black_Knight_00

@baydar_issa said:

it is pretty much similar in gameplay..almost identical...but the game i was referring to has MUCH better graphics..

thanks alot btw.. much appreciated

Try Bubble Symphony, Parasol Stars, Snow Bros

DevonMcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789 DevonMcn

So in the early 2000's I had the greatest game ever that my older brother burned for me on a disc. It was a simple 2D low res (im thinking 8/16 bit) grid based territory game. Like age of empires, this real time strategy game focused on building up an arsenal to attack the four other PC teams located in the corners of each map. The first level was medival themed, as your main "hero" was a king (defualt first team was green vikings), and you made simple knights to attack the other kingdoms. The second level was fast food themed, and you were either the french fry team, burger team, ect. I just remember the game being simply awesome and I've been searching for weeks with no luck.

DevonMcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790  Edited By DevonMcn

@megatron8347572: Time Lord, phenomenal game.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@devonmcn said:

So in the early 2000's I had the greatest game ever that my older brother burned for me on a disc. It was a simple 2D low res (im thinking 8/16 bit) grid based territory game. Like age of empires, this real time strategy game focused on building up an arsenal to attack the four other PC teams located in the corners of each map. The first level was medival themed, as your main "hero" was a king (defualt first team was green vikings), and you made simple knights to attack the other kingdoms. The second level was fast food themed, and you were either the french fry team, burger team, ect. I just remember the game being simply awesome and I've been searching for weeks with no luck.

The game you are looking for is most likely Lord Monarch, probably on the PS1

Avatar image for megatron8347572
megatron8347572

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792 megatron8347572

@devonmcn: Thank you!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@nerebril: You can add more details. The racing game, was it 2D (top down) or 3D?

The other one could be any of the hundreds of tower defense shooting gallery games on PC

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#796 Black_Knight_00

@nerebril said:

Oh, sorry, I forgot it: they both were 3D game.

I'm sorry I can't give you more details. It doesn't matter if you can't recognize them, thanks anyway :)

See if the racing game is S.C.A.R.S.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#798 Black_Knight_00

@nerebril said:

@Black_Knight_00 : yeah, it's it! Thank you very much :)

You're welcome ;)

I'll see what I can do about the other one, but don't hold your breath lol

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#799 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

@nerebril said:

Hi everybody ^^

I write to you hoping you can help me, because I can't find the name of two games, which I played several years ago :)

1) The first one was in my Windows XP desktop. I found it in a games folder, but i didn't know if it was a default game or just added later.

It was a first person shooter, set in the second world war. The character couldn't move, it just could shoot (with mithras, cannons or grenade) planes coming from the sky, ships or boat on the water and soldiers coming from the sea that reached the beach.

I don't know if it could help, but I remember that in the latest attack I had to shoot down the Bismarck.

I played it about in 2004 or 2005.

2) As far as it concerns the second one, I can't remember very much.

I had it in a Windows 98 desktop, I think I played it in latest 90s.

It was a racing game, the only thing I remember is that one of the car had a "shark shape" and the cars coul also shoot each others with missiles.

I know that there are too few informations, so don't worry, I don't have many expectations ahahah XD

Thank you for eventual help, guys! :)

You may find answer to the first one here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_video_games