odd world series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts
what ever happen to the odd world series and why did it jump ship from playstation to xbox. i was kind of pissed because i was a fan of the series but i do miss abe and his farting and killing the innocent workers by mistake and taking control of the bad guys my mind control lol
-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

stranger was sick

i didnt know it used to be on playstation thts odd

Spacefeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Spacefeline
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts

i didnt know it used to be on playstation thts odd

-SiiLeNCE-

Hurrr.... the only Oddworld game I have is the Playstation one.

I know there's a sequel, and that they were released for the PC as well, but lost track of them after that.

I read one of the original with the guy who designed it, from just after Oddworld was released, when he was talking about being constrained by the hardware and how in the future he would want to design the game for a system which didn;t yet exist in order to have his vision restricted less even at the cost of having to wait for hardware to catch up with his creativity.

I was just wondering how that all went for him ?

Spacefeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spacefeline

:P this is the worst forum software i have ever seen in my whole life.

It has been refusing to let me make this post, but what i am trying to say is that i typoed... and should have said "I've seen one of the original interviews with the guy who designed Oddworld" , rather than accidentally missing out the word "interviews"

I keep being told :

" Your HTML is not well-formed - no valid tags were found."

Is this a known bug of this forum ?

Sometimes when it does it, putting in an arbitrary quote box at the start helps... but at other times it just says the same thing (like now) :P lame

Spacefeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spacefeline

:-/ THEN it just goes on ahead and slaps out that post with no HTML tage in it at all, after whining so much about the one i was trying to post to begin with *sigh* laaa-aaa-ame.

I'm guessing that you guys most likely encounter this bug the whole time, so won;t need me to explain it any further.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

i liked oddworld on the ps, but the 1st Xbox game is pretty good too. never played the 2nd Oddworld on Xbox (strangers wrath?) but i hear its good.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Stranger's Wrath was awesome. I still need to get Munch's Oddysee for Xbox, though.
zpxkjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zpxkjp
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
I have played every single Oddworld game! i love the series, such a shame they aren't making games anymore:(
oldvander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 oldvander
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts
strangers wrath is pretty good. The level design is superb. The way the levels are all linked up is clever. I think it is slightly over rated, but then, i am playing it in 2008, not 2005 when it was released.
danb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 danb0
Member since 2004 • 445 Posts
At the moment they're making a movie called Citizen Siege there's an interview with the co-creators about it here on gamespot.
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

Oddworld is only making movies now. It's a shame for gaming, but then I bet the movies are good.

Both XBOX games were great games too. As original, funny and inventive as the earlier stuff. I highly recommend them, and I bet they are backwards compatible on the 360.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

strangers wrath is pretty good. The level design is superb. The way the levels are all linked up is clever. I think it is slightly over rated, but then, i am playing it in 2008, not 2005 when it was released.oldvander

Honestly, I didn't think it was overrated at all. I heard a lot of good things about it, but not that much. It is probably one of the better games I own for the Xbox. The game grew on me through the experience.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

I love the oddworld series,the first two games are very unique and quirky,i have alot of great memories from playing those games.I also enjoyed the first xbox title,while it is great,it's really different from the 2d games,so it makes oddworld 3 less original but it's still great nevertheless.Never played the fps odd-world,again it's totally different from the past games,so when you say tge oddworld series,you really mean 3 different types of genres.

Oddworld was supposed to be a 5 part series (oddworld 1 being the first and only chapter in the series,the rest are deemed as sub-games in the oddworld franchise),but the series seems to off been put on hold indefinitely.I would love to see a sequel in the form of the original two oddworld games though,perhaps on xbox live/psn/pc.