Occulus Rift - Virtual Reality?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ddb26d838e99
deactivated-5ddb26d838e99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ddb26d838e99
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
--Before I start I'd like to point out that I don't really have a great idea on where to post this thread, but from what it seems this looks like the most suitable-- Anyway, as many of you probably know, a 'kickstarter' for a new virtual reality headset named the 'Occulus Rift' began in very early August. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game Since then it has achieved over 900% of its original $250,00 goal, reaching about 2.5 million dollars (give or take) in 'donations', the rewards for these 'donations' being access to the dev-kit, the prototype, merchandise, etc. What I'm mostly concerned about is the dev-kit they're releasing. I mean, they've already sold thousands of dev-kits, not just to the mainstream game producers but they offered this deal to anyone with the correct amount of money. Now this is what we've been asking for; a fully functional dev-kit that the community can use to do whatever they want with. Lots of possibilities, which is great. If this doesn't make it, (IF) of course it'll be a shame, but it will definitely open the eyes of gamers to Virtual Reality. Anyway, I'd like to see what your opinions are on this, so don't be afraid to drop'em below!
psdsoldier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 psdsoldier25
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts

I have read up on the Occulus Rift quite a bit and i am pretty damn excited to see a finished product. At the same time i always get a little worried when it comes to new tech. Virtual Reality gaming could be great and if the product came out and the reviews were pretty good i would spend the money to get my own. Whenever i think of the Rift i think of the the movie Lawnmower Man and it would be pretty badass to have some VR like what was portrayed in that movie....

MasterBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MasterBrief
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

I'm not really into the whole VR thing but like he said there really isnt anything out there that really immerses you so I think I would have to try it to be sold on but it does look cool and I think if it really was immersive I would love to play rail shooters like House of the Dead on it and possible some sword combat stuff like that Ryse game with really sweet combat.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

The beginning of the Holodeck :D

Aaaand maybe of holograms going haywire as well? :P