Noteworthy games of 2016?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

someguy216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By someguy216
Member since 2016 • 5 Posts

Is it just me or has there not been any games in 2016 that have been particularly noteworthy? There's definetly been some good ones, but there hasnt been one that has particularly amazed me as in to the point I'd put it on the best games ever list.

Perhaps I'm being to ambitious, I don't think every year is perfect but theres usually been SOMETHING thats really renewed my love for video games, but this year there hasnt been. Last year we had witcher 3 but thinking about it 2014 didn't really have that "Game of the year" type.

Is it just me? Or is there some godly game out this year if so share.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11678 Posts

It's just you_

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10509 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

It's just you_

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuperFlyZero
Member since 2015 • 414 Posts

Fire Emblem Fates exists.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44376 Posts

There's been a pretty good number of excellent games that came out this year in my opinion. Dark Souls III, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Pokken Tournament, The King of Fighters XIV, Overwatch, Fire Emblem Fates, Street Fighter V, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2, Doom, and Uncharted 4 are a few off the top of my head.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#6 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Dark Souls 3, Uncharted 4, Doom, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. All my personal favorites this year. They don't need to be the greatest thing ever to be considered best of the year material. I think you're setting your expectations way too high.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

Uncharted 4 dark souls 3 ratchet and clank deus ex mirror edge catalyst doom inside bound

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

I forget the division and far cry primal

someguy216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By someguy216
Member since 2016 • 5 Posts

Tbh other then dark souls 3 most of those mentioned are pretty forgettable. Not saying theres anything wrong in enjoying them. But as I said I'm just looking for a particularly unique and good game. Not asking to much So far pretty much every year I've found one ,other then this year.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10  Edited By nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

UNCHARTED 4 this is the best game I have ever played and I am on my fifth playthrough.Its so addictive

Thedamius324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thedamius324
Member since 2016 • 12 Posts

@someguy216: If you want to check out some noteworthy games this year you should think about getting Dishonored 2, If You haven't played the first dishonoured its a mixture of thief and bioshock, set in a steampunk inspired world, I wont spoil it if you Haven't played it but you play a supernatural assassin out for revenge who has to clear his name and save a heir to the throne Emily, in the second game Emily is a protagonist who is all grown up and is also an assassin, the games don't restrict you from choosing a pathway. you can go all stealthy without killing a single person or go in and kill everybody, the choice is yours, but your choices affect the world around you, there is a plague going around in the city around you, the more people you kill, the more people become infected and turn into zombie like creatures called weepers, dishonored 2 looks to improve on everything about the first game, which is not only my favourite stealth game of all time, but my favourite game of all time.

Rick_Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rick_Smith
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts

@someguy216 said:

Is it just me or has there not been any games in 2016 that have been particularly noteworthy? There's definetly been some good ones, but there hasnt been one that has particularly amazed me as in to the point I'd put it on the best games ever list.

Perhaps I'm being to ambitious, I don't think every year is perfect but theres usually been SOMETHING thats really renewed my love for video games, but this year there hasnt been. Last year we had witcher 3 but thinking about it 2014 didn't really have that "Game of the year" type.

Is it just me? Or is there some godly game out this year if so share.

Well, there's overwatch, which I guess maybe it's overhyped.

But if we're talking noteworthy, there's pokemon GO. Good game or not, it's worthy of note. I mean just read this article I found on an educational blog! It's so popular even people who don't know it write about it: http://edumuch.com/gaming/pokemon-go-review-2016/

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I think recently games are pretty solid. I just picked up Madden 17. It's really good. Deus Ex, F1 etc all look like solid games. Uncharted was a borderlne movie rental but really good. Still have the witcher here and blood and wine. Good expansion. I play arkham knight sometimes still. I have pretty high standards and not all games are everything I like but solid games. Some money grabbing but not too horrible. I say that though and they get really bad sometimes. Games being released this year are about right. I wish there was more a focus on intelligent design and games. There are some but could be better. There was a ton of fairly ok games and junk out there and overrated games before this year.

There isn't a ton out there that appeals to me or I'm waiting for. I don't know if i'm just sick of games or if it's the focus or lack of character in games. Mafia III looks good. I skipped no man's sky. Fallout 4 was ok but didn't really get into it but good game. I felt it was somewhat boring but I can see people liking it. Played some of the free stuff this year. It's ok but not really worth going back. Some decent indie titles but eh... There isn't a ton to play but some solid games if you can find what you want and tastes.