No weapon playthroughs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CapnXtraObvious
CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 CapnXtraObvious
Member since 2012 • 506 Posts

I'm interested in doing no weapon playthroughs. No firearms, to be more exact. Only during certain moments if there's no other way. Otherwise, only stealth and takedowns.

For example, I'm currently working on Deus Ex: Human Revolution and am planning on trying this with Hitman: Absolution and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Are there more games where this is possible? Thank you.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I don't know how they do it, but I've seen people do pacifist playthroughs on the Fallout games. Well, at least with New Vegas, not as sure about Fallout 3. It'd be difficult since you'd have to run from a lot of enemies. I doubt this is the kind of game you're looking for anyway, so I'll say Dishonored. I haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure there's a trophy for not killing anyone (maybe unless you have to or something), so there's that. It might be more you're speed if you're wanting a stealth-focused game.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Yeah Dishonored is the first game to come to mind and its a great game as well. Get the goty edition. The dlc should not be missed.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

The first Deus Ex is one of the games that sort of popularised that method since you don´t really have to kill anyone,not even bosses,not sure if that´s possible on Human Revolution though,it certainly wasn´t originally but I hear they made some changes to the way the bosses work on this new version.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
@Nanomage said:

The first Deus Ex is one of the games that sort of popularised that method since you don´t really have to kill anyone,not even bosses,not sure if that´s possible on Human Revolution though,it certainly wasn´t originally but I hear they made some changes to the way the bosses work on this new version.

You can avoid killing bosses in the first Deus Ex?

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@Nanomage said:

You can avoid killing bosses in the first Deus Ex?

As far as I can remember it yeah,you will find Gunther Hermann in the Paris Cathedral and you can either fight him or just leave(and even if you kill him you can do so either by combat or through dialog if you have learned his killswitch code at that point,later a similar situation happens with Walton Simmons but again you can avoid the fight,though if you do he will appear again during the final level but once again you can just avoid him.

Deus Ex 1 doesn´t have bosses in the traditional way of putting you in an inescapable "arena" and only allowing you to leave once you deal with them,you will meet them,but how you deal with them is up to you(either combat - lethal or non lethal - ,evasion or dialog),just like you can with every other enemy in the game.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@CapnXtraObvious said:

I'm interested in doing no weapon playthroughs. No firearms, to be more exact. Only during certain moments if there's no other way. Otherwise, only stealth and takedowns.

For example, I'm currently working on Deus Ex: Human Revolution and am planning on trying this with Hitman: Absolution and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Are there more games where this is possible? Thank you.

Since you know about Splinter Cell, you must know about about Metal Gear Solid which was its main competition for a while during the sixth generation.

I do not mean to spoil too much in this post. Only use tranquilizers in those games and knock people out in the first one. The bosses in MGS1 can only be beaten with killed. Every game after that has a stamina gauge under a health gauge (besides Metal Gears).

Avatar image for CapnXtraObvious
CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By CapnXtraObvious
Member since 2012 • 506 Posts

Killing isn't a problem and I only said stealth because you obviously have to use it to survive. Not interested in "pacifist" playthroughs. Doing a lot of killing in Deus Ex through takedowns, making a bloodbath with melee wespons in Hitman and breaking a lot of necks in Splinter Cell. Just no guns, no matter what.

special-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

#9 special-ops
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts

I would say Metal Gear Solid,Splinter Cell,Hitman and Deus ex

If you don't want to use weapons then play these games they are stealth games.