No The Order 1886 footage at the VGX. Not Ready at Dawn.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

From that people that brought you the terrible Uncharted teaser at the PS4 launch, watch as they don’t have any new footage to show.

Remember, this is a game that was unveiled six months ago at E3. While I understand it takes a lot of time and effort to produce a vertical slice of a game for demo purposes, it has become kind of a trend with Sony’s PS4 offering or lack thereof.

We’ve gone 5 major events now with only two new retail exclusives being announced. We’ve only seen a shitty teaser for one of them, and no gameplay footage from the other. It’s funny that after all the rumors that said the Xbox One games are way behind schedule, it is the PS4 games that have apparently literally nothing to show. The Uncharted teaser was insulting after they spent 2 years working on the game.

There is no mention of Sony Santa Monica’s game, Sony Bend’s game, Media Molecule new IP, Guerrilla Games’ new IP and well, that’s about it, isn’t it? Just four or five studios working on next gen games. How are they better than Microsoft or Nintendo again?

#2 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

I knew you would make this thread. Sony got nothing. It looks like we will have a MASSIVE drought of first party games till holiday next year.

#3 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (14977 posts) -

Damn! I'm really desperate to see some gameplay footage of this... looks really interesting!

#4 Edited by F1Lengend (7908 posts) -
@dvader654 said:

I knew you would make this thread. Sony got nothing. It looks like we will have a MASSIVE drought of first party games till holiday next year.

Drive Club Q1/2, Infamous Q2, The Order possibly Q3, Uncharted Q4.

Edit: MLB Q2, Multiplats, The Witness, Things that haven't been announced, etc.

#5 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

@dvader654 said:

Nothing? Maybe it ihas "nothing" if you expect a nintendo product. For the rest of the PS4 gaming community there are some choice games headed to our console.

#6 Posted by firefox59 (4530 posts) -

This would have been bad for Sony if they hadn't already gained so many console sales from MS's F-up. The news that MS has ALL those indie games coming out by Q2 of next year was something I wasn't expecting.

#7 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@F1Lengend said:
@dvader654 said:

Don't try to use logic! The fact Sony declined to let the makers of The Order 1886 show it today means that nothing exists!! NOTHING!!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729628

Seriously, I am looking forward to The Order, but I see no point going into hysterics about advertising. So long as The Order hits in Fall 2014 (as a tweet I posted three days ago in the PS4 thread indicated) I'm good.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/the-official-playstation-4-thread-of-greatness-is--30919044/?page=11#js-message-548

#8 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

This would have been bad for Sony if they hadn't already gained so many console sales from MS's F-up. The news that MS has ALL those indie games coming out by Q2 of next year was something I wasn't expecting.

It doesn't seem like a lot of Xbones are being sold (vi a vi the PS4), but at this point in time the problem seems to be MS's inability to manufacture them fast enough.

If you like indie games, the Xbone is a weird choice given MS's disdain for indies in recent years, but its nice that there are some indie games in the pipeline.

#9 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@F1Lengend said:
@dvader654 said:

DC was a launch game and should've come out already. It doesn't count.

Infamous is one first party game that has a release date right now and even that was delayed from February to March. And again, it should've been a launch game.

The Order is now likely a holiday title according to a gaf thread. The fact that they dont even have gameplay footage to show 7 months before the launch means it's likely not ready for a Q3 release.

Uncharted Q4? Where did you hear that? We haven't seen a single screenshot so far. I bet it gets delayed to March 2015.

Yearly MLB games being used in Exclusive lists now? Lol that alone shows you how terrible this lineup is. I dont know anyone here who buys these games aside from me. And even I dont buy one every year. I highly doubt dvader is looking forward to MLB.

Destiny which was supposed to be a Q2 title was delayed to 9/9. Witcher 3 has no release date and will likely be delayed as well. What else is there? Witness looks cool but hardly the first party blockbuster title we have come to expect from Sony. And that's the point, Sony blew their load a year early with PS3 games, closed many of their studios and now they have a flaccid cock that cant get it up when it really truly matters.

lol at your assertion that unannounced games will somehow magically come out in either Q1, Q2 or Q3. They had to delay games they announced in Feb to next year. You really think they will announce a game at the VGX tonight and release them 3-8 months later?

#10 Posted by D3s7rUc71oN (5180 posts) -

Destiny delayed to Sept? smh

I'd rather they work on The order 1886 instead of taking resources away to show show us some footage. Not much seems to be coming soon enough, but there's multiplatform games on the horizon like Thief in February. I also have a huge backlog, so if you're a PS4 only owner then yes there's not much to play but I see plenty with cross gen titles included.

#11 Posted by UpInFlames (13301 posts) -

@CarnageHeart said:

If you like indie games, the Xbone is a weird choice given MS's disdain for indies in recent years, but its nice that there are some indie games in the pipeline.

If you like indie games, anything except PC is a weird choice.

#12 Posted by D3s7rUc71oN (5180 posts) -

@UpInFlames said:

@CarnageHeart said:

We know you love your PC :P

Do you always have to show your love for it in threads that have nothing to do with it :P

#13 Posted by UpInFlames (13301 posts) -

@D3s7rUc71oN said:

@UpInFlames said:

@CarnageHeart said:

We know you love your PC :P

Do you always have to show your love for it in threads that have nothing to do with it :P

Yes! :)

#14 Posted by F1Lengend (7908 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@F1Lengend said:
@dvader654 said:

DC was a launch game and should've come out already. It doesn't count.

Infamous is one first party game that has a release date right now and even that was delayed from February to March. And again, it should've been a launch game.

The Order is now likely a holiday title according to a gaf thread. The fact that they dont even have gameplay footage to show 7 months before the launch means it's likely not ready for a Q3 release.

Uncharted Q4? Where did you hear that? We haven't seen a single screenshot so far. I bet it gets delayed to March 2015.

Yearly MLB games being used in Exclusive lists now? Lol that alone shows you how terrible this lineup is. I dont know anyone here who buys these games aside from me. And even I dont buy one every year. I highly doubt dvader is looking forward to MLB.

Destiny which was supposed to be a Q2 title was delayed to 9/9. Witcher 3 has no release date and will likely be delayed as well. What else is there? Witness looks cool but hardly the first party blockbuster title we have come to expect from Sony. And that's the point, Sony blew their load a year early with PS3 games, closed many of their studios and now they have a flaccid cock that cant get it up when it really truly matters.

lol at your assertion that unannounced games will somehow magically come out in either Q1, Q2 or Q3. They had to delay games they announced in Feb to next year. You really think they will announce a game at the VGX tonight and release them 3-8 months later?

Horrendous post #23213 by Solid.

Hey guys Dvader isn't interested in MLB, scratch it off the list. Nevermind the fact that its the ONLY baseball game worth a damn, getting a next gen treatment that looks way better than last gens version.

DC was delayed? Its no longer an exclusive..

The Order wasn't shown therefore its The Last Guardian pt2.

Remember how Uncharted 2 and 3 were revealed at the VGAs and came out the subsequent year? Well VGAs haven't hit yet but Uncharted 4 is DEFINITELY arriving no earlier than March 2015 cause ND sucks at making the holiday season.

Pack it up folks, lets buy an Xbone for Titanfall and a mediocre launch lineup.

#15 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@UpInFlames said:

@CarnageHeart said:

I also like controllers and televisions, but yes, indies are far and away strongest on PCs.

#16 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Destiny is delayed till Sept. WTF!!!!!

Next gen sucks. :P

#17 Posted by AzelKosMos (34194 posts) -

God I am getting fed up with everyone whining on here. There are plenty of games coming both AAA and indie. Sony decided not to abandon the PS3 at the last minute and released some great games in a swansong while also supporting the PS4, how terrible :0 The games don't all look like real life at 100fps well we may as well give up gaming.

What a load of bollocks.

#18 Edited by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

@AzelKosMos said:

God I am getting fed up with everyone whining on here. There are plenty of games coming both AAA and indie. Sony decided not to abandon the PS3 at the last minute and released some great games in a swansong while also supporting the PS4, how terrible :0 The games don't all look like real life at 100fps well we may as well give up gaming.

What a load of bollocks.

Infamous and what exactly. Seriously what AAA game is coming out between Infamous and say Sept when Destiny hits. I guess Metal Gear super demo (which might be pushed back too), so besides that.

Forgot about Watch Dogs, that is supposed to be summer, still thats like July or August. I'm looking at one game I would buy at full price between now and July.

#19 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@AzelKosMos said:

What a load of bollocks.

Yup. they decided not to abandon the PS3 but in turn abandoned the PS4 instead.

When KZ is the only true next-gen/non-cross gen title available on the PS4 until March 21th when Infamous launches, there is a cause for concern.

#20 Posted by barrybarryk (488 posts) -

The consoles has been out for a couple of weeks. Anyone expecting loads of good games for either console to just magic themselves into existence as soon as launch came around is living in dream land. It'll be months, maybe even a year or so, before either console has a well rounded library of good games, just like any other generation.

Don't we have an entire system wars section for this kind of fanboy trolling?

#21 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@F1Lengend said:

Hey guys Dvader isn't interested in MLB, scratch it off the list. Nevermind the fact that its the ONLY baseball game worth a damn, getting a next gen treatment that looks way better than last gens version.

Remember how Uncharted 2 and 3 were revealed at the VGAs and came out the subsequent year? Well VGAs haven't hit yet but Uncharted 4 is DEFINITELY arriving no earlier than March 2015 cause ND sucks at making the holiday season.

So their competition is shit, so let's excuse Sony of being shit. Nevemind the fact that their entire slogan has 'We are for gamers...we love gamers... we will suck your dick' while showing only one retail exclusive in the past five events.

BTW, At least MS tried putting out a mediocre launch lineup. Forza, Ryse, and Dead Rising vs Knack and Killzone. TitanFall, Overstrike, Quantum Break and Halo 5 are all coming out next year as well.

Remember how TLOU was revealed at VGA 2011 and didn't come out until May of 2013? Remember how ND practically shipped a broken game with U3 trying to make the holiday deadline and then vowed never to do it again? Right. This is a next gen title and we haven't even seen a single screenshot. But let's wait till 6PM today and see what they announce. I'd love to see it come out next holiday season, but when you have supposedly been working on this game for TWO years and did not have ANYTHING to show at the Feb Reveal, GDC, E3, Gamescom, TGS, November Launch then yes I get to be pessimistic.

Like I said, NO ONE Here ever buys MLB. Ever. I havent seen a single person on my friends list play it in the 7 years I've had you guys as friends on PSN. So why tout it as a core game?

#22 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@dvader654 said:

@AzelKosMos said:

What a load of bollocks.

Infamous and what exactly. Seriously what AAA game is coming out between Infamous and say Sept when Destiny hits. I guess Metal Gear super demo (which might be pushed back too), so besides that.

Forgot about Watch Dogs, that is supposed to be summer, still thats like July or August. I'm looking at one game I would buy at full price between now and July.

Watch Dogs is May or April I think.

• Drive Club - Feburary
  • Infamous - March
  • Watch Dogs - April
  • Destiny - September
  • The Order 1886 - TBA
  • The Witcher 3 -TBA

I hope you like indie games.

TitanFall is the one game you will buy b.w now and July. It is amazing. The platforming alone will make it your favorite shooter of all time.

I think people like this barry guy tend to having a shitty memory. By E3 2006 last gen, Sony had announced and showed first year exclsuives like

• Resistance
  • Motorstorm
  • Dynasty Warriors
  • MGS4 (which ended up getting delayed but was a holiday 2007 title)
  • Uncharted
  • Warhawk
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Folklore
  • Lair
  • Ridge Racer
  • GT5 Prologue

This is what Sony's announced so far.

• Killzone
  • Knack
  • Drive Club
  • Infamous
  • Game of the Year Candidate MLB The Show
  • The ORder
  • Uncharted

#23 Edited by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

@barrybarryk said:

The consoles has been out for a couple of weeks. Anyone expecting loads of good games for either console to just magic themselves into existence as soon as launch came around is living in dream land. It'll be months, maybe even a year or so, before either console has a well rounded library of good games, just like any other generation.

We can't show displeasure toward Sony in here?

I expected a pretty nice steady stream of games next year. I should be Infamous Feb, Destiny March, Watch Dogs April, MGS May, Witcher in summer, Order around Sept.

Instead its Infamous in Feb, Watch Dogs in April and pray MGS still comes out in spring, Kojima recently talked about delaying it cause MGSV is no where near finished. Witcher is probably going to be holiday, Order maybe a nov game, Destiny is Sept. What looked like was going to be a nice steady year of next gen games has turned out to be a bit sparse. Its not horrible but it is not what I expected.

As Solid pointed out MS has their schedule covered much better than Sony does. I just dont think anything outside Titanfall is that interesting.

#24 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@F1Lengend said:

So their competition is shit, so let's excuse Sony of being shit. Nevemind the fact that their entire slogan has 'We are for gamers...we love gamers... we will suck your dick' while showing only one retail exclusive in the past five events.

BTW, At least MS tried putting out a mediocre launch lineup. Forza, Ryse, and Dead Rising vs Knack and Killzone. TitanFall, Overstrike, Quantum Break and Halo 5 are all coming out next year as well.

Remember how TLOU was revealed at VGA 2011 and didn't come out until May of 2013? Remember how ND practically shipped a broken game with U3 trying to make the holiday deadline and then vowed never to do it again? Right. This is a next gen title and we haven't even seen a single screenshot. But let's wait till 6PM today and see what they announce. I'd love to see it come out next holiday season, but when you have supposedly been working on this game for TWO years and did not have ANYTHING to show at the Feb Reveal, GDC, E3, Gamescom, TGS, November Launch then yes I get to be pessimistic.

Like I said, NO ONE Here ever buys MLB. Ever. I havent seen a single person on my friends list play it in the 7 years I've had you guys as friends on PSN. So why tout it as a core game?

Your hysterics might be more sympathetic if you could come up with a coherent argument. MS published two games, Sony published two games. MS starved the X360 to death over the past few years, Sony has continued to offer strong support to the PS3. As I said in the context of the Wii U, successors to popular living systems have an easier time of it than successors to systems now collecting dust in closets (though as the PS3's early troubles proved if one tries hard enough one can mess up anything). Speaking of the PS3 Sony learned a lot of good lessons from it (they learned the importance of pricing, the importance of developer support and the importance of not lying to customers).

If you are unhappy with the speed at which Sony is announcing games fine and good, but its ridiculous to compare them to MS. Look at everything hitting next year for MS besides Project Spark (which is in beta and looking awesome) and Titanfall (which looks nice though I distrust the people who inflicted CoD on the world) and we've seen nothing resembling gameplay. So you're whining that Sony is only showing you actual games rather than CG trailers. Those jerks!

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

As for no one in your circle of friends playing MLB, so what? The fact you don't know (m)any avid videogame sports fans means nothing. By all accounts The Show is a great, high quality franchise which puts up good sales numbers. As I've said for years, the greatness of Sony's approach towards the Playstation is that they believe in variety. Whether they are sitting atop the market or playing catch-up they offer a wide range of games. That is exactly what MS did in the Xbox 1 era, early in the life of the X360 and for the moment, early in the life of the Xbone.

#25 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

@CarnageHeart: Quantum Break, that Insomniac game, Fable, Halo, Spark, Titanfall, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare. Most if not all are this year. Decent lineup for a new console.

#26 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@dvader654 said:

@AzelKosMos said:

What a load of bollocks.

Watch Dogs is May or April I think.

• Drive Club - Feburary
  • Infamous - March
  • Watch Dogs - April
  • Destiny - September
  • The Order 1886 - TBA
  • The Witcher 3 -TBA

I hope you like indie games.

TitanFall is the one game you will buy b.w now and July. It is amazing. The platforming alone will make it your favorite shooter of all time.

I think people like this barry guy tend to having a shitty memory. By E3 2006 last gen, Sony had announced and showed first year exclsuives like

• Resistance
  • Motorstorm
  • Dynasty Warriors
  • MGS4 (which ended up getting delayed but was a holiday 2007 title)
  • Uncharted
  • Warhawk
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Folklore
  • Lair
  • Ridge Racer
  • GT5 Prologue

This is what Sony's announced so far.

• Killzone
  • Knack
  • Drive Club
  • Infamous
  • Game of the Year Candidate MLB The Show
  • The ORder
  • Uncharted

You're a CoD fan, so you being impressed by Titanfall doesn't surprise me, but doesn't impress me either.

Your list of games kind of looks past the fact that the market has changed. Many of them games on the list are the sorts of games indies make nowadays. For example, Warhawk was incredibly awesome, but it was a multiplayer only game which sold at a discount ($40) from the start so it was kind of a pricier version of indies (the developer killed themselves by choosing to try to compete at retail with the likes of CoD rather than continuing their focus on what they did best).

Games like Rime, SOMA, Transistor, Child of Light and Doki Doki Universe (from the makers of the classic Toejam and Earl) look awesome. *Shrugs* If you choose to turn up your nose at games because they don't ship on discs, that's your right, but its going to result in you missing out on lots of good games (retail isn't a place many risk takers are seeking to be right now).

As for exclusivity, its nice for first parties, but doesn't directly impact game quality. X-com Enemy Within on the PS3 isn't less awesome because X360 and PC players can also enjoy it.

#27 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@CarnageHeart said:

Your hysterics might be more sympathetic if you could come up with a coherent argument. MS published two games, Sony published two games. MS starved the X360 to death over the past few years, Sony has continued to offer strong support to the PS3. As I said in the context of the Wii U, successors to popular living systems have an easier time of it than successors to systems now collecting dust in closets (though as the PS3's early troubles proved if one tries hard enough one can mess up anything). Speaking of the PS3 Sony learned a lot of good lessons from it (they learned the importance of pricing, the importance of developer support and the importance of not lying to customers).

If you are unhappy with the speed at which Sony is announcing games fine and good, but its ridiculous to compare them to MS. Look at everything hitting next year for MS besides Project Spark (which is in beta and looking awesome) and Titanfall (which looks nice though I distrust the people who inflicted CoD on the world) and we've seen nothing resembling gameplay. So you're whining that Sony is only showing you actual games rather than CG trailers. Those jerks!

As for no one in your circle of friends playing MLB, so what? The fact you don't know (m)any avid videogame sports fans means nothing. By all accounts The Show is a great, high quality franchise which puts up good sales numbers. As I've said for years, the greatness of Sony's approach towards the Playstation is that they believe in variety. Whether they are sitting atop the market or playing catch-up they offer a wide range of games. That is exactly what MS did in the Xbox 1 era, early in the life of the X360 and for the moment, early in the life of the Xbone.

lol no. MS published Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Forza. That's three games yet somehow my argument is incoherent.

I am very well aware of Sony's output this gen. I've accused of being a Sony fanboy at least 67 times these past few months for pointing out the dearth of exclusive MS games at the bookend of this gen. Yet somehow criticizing Sony's lack of exclusives announcements, let alone exclusives hitting the retail shelves is hysterical, horrendous, incoherent and god knows what other insults you guys have thrown my way in this thread. Sounds like double standards to me. I never had any problems with you guys when I was shitting on Microsoft.

Like dvader pointed out, TitanFall, Overstrike, Halo 5, Project Spark and Quantum Break are all coming out next year. Who cares if the trailers for two of these games were CG? Better than the fucking subtitle trailer for Uncharted which did not get a release date. Regardless, whatever MS has done, Sony has done worse. The Order was the same as Quantum Break, prerendered trailer using ingame assets. TitanFall and Project Spark were both gameplay. Overstrike and Halo 5 were CG, but how is better than Uncharted's shitty trailer?

I dont think we should be including Sports Games in exclusive lists or boasting about them. What's next? Fitness games? Because MS came out with one for the Xbox One. OMG, wow.

#28 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@CarnageHeart said:

You're a CoD fan, so you being impressed by Titanfall doesn't surprise me, but doesn't impress me either.

Your list of games kind of looks past the fact that the market has changed. Many of them games on the list are the sorts of games indies make nowadays. For example, Warhawk was incredibly awesome, but it was a multiplayer only game which sold at a discount ($40) from the start so it was kind of a pricier version of indies (the developer killed themselves by choosing to try to compete at retail with the likes of CoD rather than continuing their focus on what they did best).

Games like Rime, SOMA, Transistor, Child of Light and Doki Doki Universe (from the makers of the classic Toejam and Earl) look awesome. *Shrugs* If you choose to turn up your nose at games because they don't ship on discs, that's your right, but its going to result in you missing out on lots of good games (retail isn't a place many risk takers are seeking to be right now).

As for exclusivity, its nice for first parties, but doesn't directly impact game quality. X-com Enemy Within on the PS3 isn't less awesome because X360 and PC players can also enjoy it.

Look, Im glad Sony is investing in indie games. I think it's fantastic. But I can easily play these games on my PC and have been playing them. It really doesn't impress me as much as it impresses you.

Exclusives matter more this gen since the gulf b/w the specs of two next gen consoles is huge.

#29 Posted by firefox59 (4530 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart said:

Look, Im glad Sony is investing in indie games. I think it's fantastic. But I can easily play these games on my PC and have been playing them. It really doesn't impress me as much as it impresses you.

Exclusives matter more this gen since the gulf b/w the specs of two next gen consoles is huge.

Isn't the point of all the indie games Sony and MS (a couple days ago) are touting is that they are exclusives? I could be wrong, but if they aren't exclusives, then why the hell would we care if they were coming to console or not?

#30 Posted by firefox59 (4530 posts) -
@dvader654 said:

@barrybarryk said:

We can't show displeasure toward Sony in here?

I expected a pretty nice steady stream of games next year. I should be Infamous Feb, Destiny March, Watch Dogs April, MGS May, Witcher in summer, Order around Sept.

Instead its Infamous in Feb, Watch Dogs in April and pray MGS still comes out in spring, Kojima recently talked about delaying it cause MGSV is no where near finished. Witcher is probably going to be holiday, Order maybe a nov game, Destiny is Sept. What looked like was going to be a nice steady year of next gen games has turned out to be a bit sparse. Its not horrible but it is not what I expected.

As Solid pointed out MS has their schedule covered much better than Sony does. I just dont think anything outside Titanfall is that interesting.

I was really surprised to see Destiny set for September because Bungie specifically said if the beta doesn't go well and there are problems (which IMO has a really high chance of happening considering what they are trying to do) they could push the game back even further. So I figured the beta would be in March/ April with a summer release.

As for MGS 5 I doubt it will come out before 2015. The way I took that Kojima statement was that they aren't even close to a final product.

#31 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart said:

lol no. MS published Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Forza. That's three games yet somehow my argument is incoherent.

I am very well aware of Sony's output this gen. I've accused of being a Sony fanboy at least 67 times these past few months for pointing out the dearth of exclusive MS games at the bookend of this gen. Yet somehow criticizing Sony's lack of exclusives announcements, let alone exclusives hitting the retail shelves is hysterical, horrendous, incoherent and god knows what other insults you guys have thrown my way in this thread. Sounds like double standards to me. I never had any problems with you guys when I was shitting on Microsoft.

Like dvader pointed out, TitanFall, Overstrike, Halo 5, Project Spark and Quantum Break are all coming out next year. Who cares if the trailers for two of these games were CG? Better than the fucking subtitle trailer for Uncharted which did not get a release date. Regardless, whatever MS has done, Sony has done worse. The Order was the same as Quantum Break, prerendered trailer using ingame assets. TitanFall and Project Spark were both gameplay. Overstrike and Halo 5 were CG, but how is better than Uncharted's shitty trailer?

I dont think we should be including Sports Games in exclusive lists or boasting about them. What's next? Fitness games? Because MS came out with one for the Xbox One. OMG, wow.

So MS published DR3 rather than Capcom? Interesting. Three vs two isn't a meaningful difference, especially when the three include content poor games rushed for launch such as Forza and games which were just flat out bad ideas (making gamers go through unskippable QTEs they can't lose every time an opponent is on their last legs strikes me as a really bad idea). Granted, one of the PS4's two launch games was Knack, which I defended as a good idea (making a game that parents could play with their kids) but which at the end of the day was poorly executed (I don't damn it for being simple or an action platformer, I damn it for the lack of variety that is a uniform complaint from those that have played through it).

As for the people who have accused you of being a Sony fanboy for say, pointing out that MS flat out lied about the difference in performance between the Xbone and PS4, they've been proven hilariously wrong. Don't see what that has to do with me, but I tip my hat to you sir. I'm not accusing you of being a fanboy just because you are criticizing something, I am pointing out that your argument makes no sense.

I've not counted Uncharted as a revealed game precisely because nothing has been shown and nothing meaningful was revealed (just its existence). With The Order we've seen in-game graphics, screenshots and detailed impressions. That's a looooong way from the likes of Quantum Break prior to yesterday (though we still know less about it than we do about The Order), Halo 5, Overstrike or of course Uncharted. With the impressive looking Project Spark we've seen a lot but its in the same boat as Drive Club in that it is a once launch game which was pushed back.

Sports games are games. I remember a big argument in the Gaming Intelligence Agency (rpg fansite most known for revealing FF9, which died a while ago was reborn a while ago, though it may now be dead again). Guys used to pour scorn on sports games and other real time genres (back then rpgs were mostly turn based) and I thought and think they are being ridiculous. Controlling an 11 man team in Madden required just as much thought and skill as controlling a three or four man group in most rpgs (many of which fell into an attack-attack-heal pattern). Sports games can be quite deep and sports gamers can be quite dedicated.

I

#32 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart said:

I'm glad that Sony is investing in indie games too but that's not the point I was making. My point is that if that some of the games you named like Warhawk (online only multiplayer game), Folklore (artsy rpg with a very limited budget) and GT Prologue (a game of limited scale but high production values) use the models that indies tend to follow nowadays. It makes no sense to praise online only big battle game Warhawk in one breath and ignore online only big battle game War Thunder (out in Europe but not yet NA) in the next.

I agree that Sony should fund exclusives built around the advantages of the PS4, but they seem to be doing that both in the retail and indie spaces (aside from KZ and NBA2K, the other really impressive PS4 game is Resogun, which boasts an engine built for the PS4). A lot of indie games have been announced just for the PS4 and the PC.