Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#951  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

If anyone wants to watch leaked footage here you go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/90v3ef/updated_list_from_architect_gameplay/

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#952 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I'm burned out on NMS right now. The 4+hour journey to the edge did it. Mass crafting warp cells, mining asteroids for Thamium9 for what felt like small eternity... continuous jumps downwards... Uuhh...

I'm beat.

I might get back to NMS in a month or so. Right now I'm not even interested in updating the game.

My current game time is 98 hours. My previous games were prolly the same lenghts, so all in all Ive prolly played the game around 300+ hours or so. Give or take.

As for the edge... while it certainly feels like youre at the edge of a huge drop to emptiness, it does not actually look any different from other locations. So... yeah. Still, at least I can say I've been to the very edge, which is something most NMS gamers have not done.

KCLucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#953 KCLucky
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

Looking at the screenshots it doesnt look to bad after all. Maybe I could give it another shot because I really liked the whole concept of exploring unknown worlds

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#954 mark1974

@kclucky: Now is an excellent time with this major update releasing tomorrow!

XCON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#955 XCON
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

sorry just posting 3 times to get new topic access

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#956 mark1974

@xcon said:

sorry just posting 3 times to get new topic access

Yeah,I'm super psyched about the update too!!!!!!

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#957 henrythefifth

Played NMS unpatched again. There is something very majestic about the raw, unpatched looks. Those icickles, I love them.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#958 henrythefifth

So @mark1974 what are you thoughts on the update? Are you rocking the game all night or what?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#959 henrythefifth

Some more great pics from the original NMS. Not that anyone cares...

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#960 mark1974

@henrythefifth: I’ve only had one hour with it right after the update launched. I’ve been working 16 hours a day and unable to play until midnight tonight in like five hours.

It’s like a completely new game and I have no idea how to play it, lol. It’s also really buggy which these updates always are at first unfortunately. I’ll probably get some screen shots tonight. It’s going to be a great update though. You wouldn’t believe all the changes.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#961 henrythefifth

Hold on, do you really lose everything? Your ship, your tool, all gone???

Because that sounds like pretty darn shitty deal to me.

And what's the point of renaming everything just so you can claim what player was carrying is now obsolete?

Sounds like a shitty piece of brain fart to me.

I think I'll just trade the game in and like never play it.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#962 mark1974

@henrythefifth: you don’t lose anything but ships change appearance

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#963  Edited By henrythefifth

@mark1974 said:

@henrythefifth: you don’t lose anything but ships change appearance

then how do you explain many gamers have said they have lost everything, and had to start the game with the noob craft and the tiny multitool? (only getting monetary refund for all the stuff they lost)

I need screenshot evidence of you still having your old fighter, or I'l just assume what you said was fanboy BS.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#964 henrythefifth

Well, turns out I got to keep my old tool and ship after all! Here are some pics from today. I do love the new space stations, they are very lively places.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#965 mark1974

@henrythefifth: my game is bugged and Everytime I save it starts me somewhere else or at the initialization screen which is a bug. If I want to play right now I have to start over. I’ve played about 8 hours in a new game while I wait for a patch. None of what I say is “fanboy bs”.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#966 henrythefifth

@mark1974 said:

@henrythefifth: my game is bugged and Everytime I save it starts me somewhere else or at the initialization screen which is a bug. If I want to play right now I have to start over. I’ve played about 8 hours in a new game while I wait for a patch. None of what I say is “fanboy bs”.

Weird. Have you tried to play offline?

I mean offline is fine, and I've encountered no bugs in it. Every time I continue play, I find meself exactly where I was before..

I feel the game is not as noob friendly now, tho. Having to set up mining operation and refinery every time you need to craft warp fuel is a difficult chore for noobs, especially if you are stuck on a system that is buzzing with angry sentinels.

Also, fixing crashed spaceships is now impossible task, requiring loong list of special components and materials, none of which are on sale at space stations. You'll see what I mean when you see a crashed ship...

On positive side, buying wep mods from space stations is lot easier than having to craft them from blueprints.

But on the whole, despite the game getting tougher and more obtuse, I kinda like it. Gives me new challenges. And I love that you now get tiny side missions from pretty much every alien you meet planetside!

So, sorry to hear of your issues. Do try playing offline so that you get to enjoy the game properly!

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#967  Edited By mark1974

@henrythefifth: it’s not an issue of being offline or on. My save is corrupted and new games save and reload fine. It’s a common bug and what people were talking about when they said they lost everything which you misinterpreted. It will probably get fixed. Glad you weren’t effected and don’t have trade it in and never play it again.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#969 henrythefifth

By the way, Mark, I want to apologize for my rash words earlier... Sorry.

But hey, check out my new ship! It will take me the whole weekend to fix her up, but boy is she beaut!

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#970 henrythefifth

Saw a freighter falling thru the atmo today. Pretty darn awesome sight.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#971 mark1974

Keep up the nice pictures Henry! I’m enjoying them. I’ve been working too much and mostly posting from my phone so I haven’t been able to contribute. Also I’m waiting on a fix for my old save. Glad you are enjoying the game! I think this update is quite good myself.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#972 henrythefifth

@mark1974 said:

Keep up the nice pictures Henry! I’m enjoying them. I’ve been working too much and mostly posting from my phone so I haven’t been able to contribute. Also I’m waiting on a fix for my old save. Glad you are enjoying the game! I think this update is quite good myself.

I'm really loving the game now.

Walking around planets has always been fun, but with the updated graphics its just awesome. I mean Ive been to planets that are photorealistic. Totally leading edge current gen graphics. Awesome.

Sadly, there are still serious bugs, even tho I have all the latest patches: the game still crashes at least once every two hours, and there seems to be issue with the glyphs. Still, they are busy fixing it all, so in coupla weeks I'm sure itll be a'right.

Im now playing thru the Awakenings storyline. You now have to play it to get more base building options. WEll, at least I could not find any other way to get advanced base building... Its no biggie, but it would've been nice to get all base building schematics off a store or someting, instead of having to run errands for Apollo.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#973 henrythefifth

@mark1974 bad news: the NMS update that came out this tuesday, totally broke my game.

Its just glitching now all the time in all sorts of ways, and it keeps crashing very frequently too. So its unplayable as of now.

So I'm off NMS for now. I'll try it again next month. Maybe they get it fixed by then...

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#974 mark1974

@henrythefifth: That's a bummer. Then you are in the same boat as me. Waiting for patches. I think I might just mess around with base building in creative mode. I've seen some pretty incredible ones others have made.

HazierStudio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#975 HazierStudio
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

I have to type here something, dont mind.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#976 henrythefifth

I started on Conan Exiles. It also has excellent build system. It has hundreds of furniture and decorative items you can craft for your home, so you can build a massive three story mansion filled with decadence if you like!

I'm only starting out, but my next goal is to build a really really tall tower that allows me to see the whole map from my island!

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#977 henrythefifth

They released yet another patch @mark1974 but it did not fix the issues Ive been having with glyphs and storyline markers and crashes...

Looks like they are concentrating on making the multiplay work well, so that all these fortnite fanboys and other kids can run around playing fortnite at galactic scale.

I feel very sorry for all you veterans, who liked to take the game seriously.

I mean the galaxy is now flooded with kids and immature fools who keep giving systems and planets silly and downright stupid names. No place is safe. Soon, no matter where you go, you will find badly named systems.

These immature players are ruining the galaxy for us serious veterans, Mark. Its no longer a place we can call home.

I suggest you and other veterans continue on to the next galaxy, and establish a home for sanity there.

Me? I quit.

cyberpunk_2077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#980 cyberpunk_2077
Member since 2015 • 627 Posts

How is the next update and I presume the universe got reset again?

I somewhat feel it too late for these updates. However new players can definitely get a more full on experience.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#981 henrythefifth

@cyberpunk_2077 said:

How is the next update and I presume the universe got reset again?

I somewhat feel it too late for these updates. However new players can definitely get a more full on experience.

The new graphics are awesome. And the 3rd person mode they added make the game so much better.

So now exploring planets on foot really is a great experience. Its like being there!

Sadly the game is now very unstable, and keeps crashing a lot. There are also persistent bugs that they have not fixed yet.

But on the whole, totally worth getting into the game right now. If you can deal with the crashes and bugs that is. They might get the game properly fixed by christmas...

Here's few shots in case you missed them earlier on, that really show off the new look.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#982 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@henrythefifth: weird, I haven't had any crashes or noticeable bugs yet. I haven't spent a ton of time with Next yet, though.

Am I crazy or did they take away the visual filter settings (PC)? The graphics are better, but I liked playing with those

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#983 henrythefifth

@xantufrog said:

@henrythefifth: weird, I haven't had any crashes or noticeable bugs yet. I haven't spent a ton of time with Next yet, though.

Am I crazy or did they take away the visual filter settings (PC)? The graphics are better, but I liked playing with those

I'm playing on PS4. I hear the Xbone version has less crashes, but it also has persistent bugs. Dunno how the PC version is doing, tho...

And yeah, the visual filters are gone. This is sad, because I really loved them. Playing with the retro filter that made the game all monotone green, was so cool.

I think there are some filters available on the photo mode, but not during play.

cyberpunk_2077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#984  Edited By cyberpunk_2077
Member since 2015 • 627 Posts

Nice stuff...I think I'm done though. I just can't imagine getting into the game again.

I enjoyed what I played thoroughly. God knows if they made any money from the sale of these games as the updates must have cost the developers a lot in resources.