Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#801 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

@mark1974 said:

@henrythefifth:

You can feel free to claim a base in this system to call your ship. It's the "port system". Top of the Tree2. Come visit my base in the Stanislaw Lem system and leave me a comm ball!

So is that port system where the Hub is? Or do I have to travel to nearby system to find the hub from there?

Also, is your home system very near that port system? Is it easy to spot?

Oh, and does the Hub pop out on your radar the moment you enter the system it is in?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#802 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@henrythefifth: the hub is 11 different regions in a group. The central region is the Shungka Void. That region probably has two or three hundred stars in it as do the other 10 regions. The portal code is for a system that is in the middle of the Shunka Void. It is called "top of the tree2" because the Shunka system is shaped sorta like a Christmas tree. The original Top of the tree was in the old hub.

If you go via portal you will not just be able to call your ship (I think). You will need to claim a base and then go back through the portal and then travel through the space station teleporter to your new temporary base and your ship will be there. I've never done it that way, I traveled to the hub the old fashioned way by navigating with the stars.

The hub is an area of space that includes thousands of systems. Many discovered already but many that have not been yet. Navigating the hub is very tedious and time consuming. My system is in the primary Shunka Void region. It's in the cloud like mass of stars above the Christmas tree constellation. You have to hover over each star to read the name of the system. Often you have to move the cursor back and forth over the star until the new creator made name loads in. I'll give you more tips in finding my system after you figure out how to get to the hub and how things work.

You are still in the Euclid galaxy right? You did not travel through the center I hope.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#803 henrythefifth

@mark1974 Oh, the Hub is that big! I thought it would be like dozen systems all filled with gamer made bases.

How on earth did you manage to find anything there? Like that mos eisley bar you visited some time back?

By the way, is the order you get glyphs random? I have eight glyphs, but when I checked the order of glyphs on wiki, I noticed that my glyphs are not in the same order as in the pic there....

Do you have any other portal addresses from Hub, for example is there a Gate in your Stanislav Lem system? (dont worry, I would not set up base in your territory!)

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#804  Edited By mark1974

@henrythefifth: it can be difficult sometimes finding a specific system. I've got lucky and found some quickly and others I still haven't found. There are some tricks though. If you know what kind of system it is (gek, korvax, vykeen) or the system's economy you can use the filters to narrow it down. Knowing what part of the region it's in helps too. The shungka Void is separated into two distinct sections, the tree and the cloud above it. My system is in the cloud area near the dizelle Void and is a gek system for example. That helps narrow the search a little.

I think you get the glyphs in order but I've never been able to get the last one due to an old bug.

I've never checked to see if there is a portal close enough to my base to make it convenient enough to travel there that way. I'll have to check and get back to you. If the nearest portal is hours away by vehicle it isn't really worth the trouble. You can't use your star ship after you go through a portal unless you do the trick involving getting a temporary base. The port system for coming to the hub was picked because it's a portal near a base that newcomers can claim just for that purpose.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#805 henrythefifth

Okay. thanks for the info, Mark. I'm still missing two glyphs from the Hub address, it seems, so it'll take while before I can visit the region. But I'm in no hurry.

But hey, I had great time in NMS this evening! Found this planet that was totally full of crashed space ships. And most of them were class A fighters! I spent several hours there and checked/looted more than hundred ships before finally hitting gold by spotting a crashed S-Class fighter!

So, now I have a S-class ship (pic below). Hooray! It's not very pretty, but that's all right. I'm gonna use it as a trade in later to get the ship I really want: this spherical exotic ship (pic below). Isn't she a beauty? The next time I see her, I'll try trade.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#806  Edited By mark1974

@henrythefifth: I like the long nose fighters and finding one in an S class is not easy. If it had the different style rear engine part it would be perfect. I really like the exotic ship. It's minimalist and has the rare dual thrusters!

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#807 mark1974

I discovered this creature over in Hub 11. These kind of guys are a bit rare and this is the first time I've seen a big one. Over 6m!!!! Awesome!!!

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#808 henrythefifth

That's awesome looking behemoth, Mark.

Did you know planets actually have poles? I discovered this by flying north till the compass started spinning, indicating I've reached the northern pole. Funnily enough, there was trading post at the exact center of the pole on the planet I was on.

I think I'll sit at that trading post today, in hopes of seeing the exotic ship again.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#809 henrythefifth

I'm starting to like this S-Class Fighter! It really is a great ship to fly. The best thing is that the cockpit gives you excellent view of the planet surfaces when you look left or right (pic below). In many ships, the windows are so tiny you can barely see anything...

So, I'll keep this fighter. We shall be happy together, just as those two creatures in the second picture!

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810  Edited By PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirVtiJuvDs

NEXT is coming, and until it does I thought I should mess around with Rayrod's mod!

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#811 henrythefifth

What? I heard the big new thing is that Xbone gets NMS too. So no actual gameplay additions.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812 PETERAKO

@henrythefifth: Nope, not just that. NEXT is said to be NMS' biggest update yet.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#813 PETERAKO

So, I used the terrain editor to make a crash site the way it should actually look like.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#814 henrythefifth

Cool. but you forgot to add a trail of blood leading away from the wreckage!

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#815  Edited By PETERAKO

@henrythefifth: according to the log the pilot was dead in the cockpit :P

spartanexr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#816 spartanexr
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

All these beautiful screenshots are tempting me to re-install the game :p

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#817 PETERAKO

@spartanexr: If you do try installing Rayrod's mod

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#819  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

Looking at picking this up but only if it comes with all the content. It does interest me watching some gameplay.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820 henrythefifth

@PETERAKO said:

Possible revalations at PAX!

Great!!!!

Now what the heck is PAX???

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#821 PETERAKO

@henrythefifth said:
@PETERAKO said:

Possible revalations at PAX!

Great!!!!

Now what the heck is PAX???

This is PAX

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#822 PETERAKO

False alarm. PAX was just a clue drop for the ARG.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#823 henrythefifth

@PETERAKO said:

False alarm. PAX was just a clue drop for the ARG.

What the heck is ARG???

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824 PETERAKO

@henrythefifth: Here you go

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#826 henrythefifth

Where can I get the high level Atlas Pass?

I have the Atlas Pass that allows you to open containers, but I'm still missing the Atlas Pass that allows you to open doors at space stations and bases. So where do I get it?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#827 mark1974

@henrythefifth: try doing all the tasks for Polo in the space anomaly station.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#828 henrythefifth

@mark1974 said:

@henrythefifth: try doing all the tasks for Polo in the space anomaly station.

I think one of the tasks requires you to scan all animals in a planet. Which is something I've not managed to do yet.

Now why is that anyways? Why are some animals so well hidden on planets? I fly all over, land here and there, and still have not seen all the animals on a planet. Where are they hiding????

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#829  Edited By henrythefifth

@mark1974 the new update adds real multiplayer, with gamers able to attack each other, and to prey on each other.

How do you feel about that? Groups of trolls roaming the space in search of fight. Trolls attacking your base, trolls stealing your ship and so on...

Sounds like totally game breaking addition. I mean the attraction of NMS is peaceful exploration, not warfare. If this game starts having guild wars between player groups, it would totally kill the whole purpose of the game.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#830 mark1974

@henrythefifth:

I’m interested to see how it turns out. You will always have the option to play off line if you feel like the multiplayer is ruining the game. I’m hopeful for the update though and it will give me a reason to get back into the game. At 500 hours in I feel like I got my money’s worth a long time ago and I could live with watever they decide to do to the game.

Multiplayer was never meant to be a large part of the game and I think they are just putting it in to appease the complainers. Hopefully they will stick with their own vision and make the game they want to make and not just what they think will sell. Nothing will change the minds of the mentally disturbed haters out there so they shouldn’t bother trying to cater to them. I’ll just wait and see how it goes and then get my pitchfork out if necessary. (Probably not, it’s just a video game)

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#831 henrythefifth

@mark1974 said:

@henrythefifth:

I’m interested to see how it turns out. You will always have the option to play off line if you feel like the multiplayer is ruining the game. I’m hopeful for the update though and it will give me a reason to get back into the game. At 500 hours in I feel like I got my money’s worth a long time ago and I could live with watever they decide to do to the game.

Multiplayer was never meant to be a large part of the game and I think they are just putting it in to appease the complainers. Hopefully they will stick with their own vision and make the game they want to make and not just what they think will sell. Nothing will change the minds of the mentally disturbed haters out there so they shouldn’t bother trying to cater to them. I’ll just wait and see how it goes and then get my pitchfork out if necessary. (Probably not, it’s just a video game)

to be fair, its very unlikely you ever run into other players anyways, given how big the galaxy is.

But will there be planetary warfare and warring factions in the hub region? That might sound exciting to some, but I doubt there are enough interested gamers to make it into reality. But if there are enough active players, that is the way the game is going to go. Player factions and warfare in the hub.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#832 mark1974

@henrythefifth: if you look at the hub’s reddit page they are talking about forming a police force to keep the hub safe and peaceful. I guess they think there may be some way to send a distress call out to other player’s somehow. Or at least they are hoping for something like that. I guess we won’t really know how it will all play out until we actually get the update. I like the rumor that is going around about being able to construct colonies with other players. I guess Sean Murray hinted at it in a recent interview.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#833 henrythefifth

@mark1974 said:

@henrythefifth: if you look at the hub’s reddit page they are talking about forming a police force to keep the hub safe and peaceful. I guess they think there may be some way to send a distress call out to other player’s somehow. Or at least they are hoping for something like that. I guess we won’t really know how it will all play out until we actually get the update. I like the rumor that is going around about being able to construct colonies with other players. I guess Sean Murray hinted at it in a recent interview.

i believe they will make glyphs available to players rightaway.

Only way the multiplayer can work is if new players can travel to their friends right away.

If new players still have to spend 10+ hours hunting glyphs before they can travel to where the action is, well, its not gonna work is it?

This would be good news for me. I'm still missing half of the glyphs!

Also, I hope they make gate travel free, so that you do not need to power up gate before travel.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#834 mark1974

@henrythefifth: I think they will make the game more accessible for new Xbone players and will take out some of the grind we had to go through to make traveling a bit easier. Just a guess on my part.

Are you still playing it a lot at the moment? I haven’t much at all because Ive been playing Yakuza 6 pretty much exclusively. I’m about to finish it and figured I would probably replay Far Cry 5 and get back into No Man’s Sky a bit afterword. When the Next update comes I will probably play that until Yakuza kiwami 2 comes out.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#835 henrythefifth

@mark1974 said:

@henrythefifth: I think they will make the game more accessible for new Xbone players and will take out some of the grind we had to go through to make traveling a bit easier. Just a guess on my part.

Are you still playing it a lot at the moment? I haven’t much at all because Ive been playing Yakuza 6 pretty much exclusively. I’m about to finish it and figured I would probably replay Far Cry 5 and get back into No Man’s Sky a bit afterword. When the Next update comes I will probably play that until Yakuza kiwami 2 comes out.

I havent played NMS for a month or so. But I will return to it soon. Its always fun to go back and continue exploring. The game does not really get old, as every sight is a new sight.

I played thru Far Cry 5 (awesome game) and also tried Monster Hunter and Shadow of the Colossus and Rime. Now I'm just enjoying the road trip on FFXV.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#836  Edited By mark1974

I played a bit tonight and visited the brand new Galactic Hub Capital Building. It's on the planet Elysium in the Tartarus Relay System which is located conveniently at the Aybess Terminus Black Hole. Here is the planet:

It's a clever design built into a mountain.

There is a lake in the basement that leads to a cave system:

It's a great capital. I hope we get to keep it after the new update but I'm expecting a universal reset so we will probably be moving the hub again. It's always fun starting a new hub though and getting a chance to claim a good system and get a chance to discover things from the start. I'll miss this one though if that does happen.

Avatar image for mclaurinjesseni
mclaurinjesseni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#837 mclaurinjesseni
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

nice games?????/

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#838 henrythefifth

Nice capital, Mark. If they gave players visible avatars, places like that would look crowded.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#839  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Here are the game I feel are considerably better than NMS I encourage people to take an honest and opened minded look at them.

and screaming 'different types of games!' does not qualify as being open minded.

Osiris new dawn

Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Space Engineers

Dual Universe

Planet Nomads

Elite Dangerous

(and save your smart ass comments about Elite Dangerous just because its the only title on the list you have heard of and just save it for another time)

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#840  Edited By mark1974

@tryit said:

Here are the game I feel are considerably better than NMS I encourage people to take an honest and opened minded look at them.

and screaming 'different types of games!' does not qualify as being open minded.

Osiris new dawn

Space Engineers

Dual Universe

Planet Nomads

Elite Dangerous

(and save your smart ass comments about Elite Dangerous just because its the only title on the list you have heard of and just save it for another time)

I appreciate the list! It's always good to get new recommendations, especially if they are less known games. I realize you don't appreciate NMS But some of us do totally enjoy it. I made this thread as a place for people who like the game to discuss it because it can be so difficult discussing the game without people complaining about the release of the game or basically feeling compelled to post a "drive by shitpost" as they call them on the internet. Like yourself, I enjoy creative indie games. It's a shame you couldn't get on better with No Man's Sky. Did you play any of the updates?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#841 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@mark1974 said:
@tryit said:

Osiris new dawn

Space Engineers

Dual Universe

Planet Nomads

Elite Dangerous

I appreciate the list! It's always good to get new recommendations, especially if they are less known games. I realize you don't appreciate NMS But some of us do totally enjoy it. I made this thread as a place for people who like the game to discuss it because it can be so difficult discussing the game without people complaining about the release of the game or basically feeling compelled to post a "drive by shitpost" as they call them on the internet. Like yourself, I enjoy creative indie games. It's a shame you couldn't get on better with No Man's Sky. Did you play any of the updates?

you should then do that on a NMS forum, not here.

sorry but trust me when I say, barking up my tree on this subject will not have me conceding much to the NMS fanboys. if one was to add NMS to the list I posted it literally (in my opinion) would be the worst of the list, so the fact that it gets the most attention, kinda pissed me off...majorly.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#842  Edited By mark1974

@tryit: I do discuss the game on No Man’s Sky forums such as reddit but this thread has gone well here and I’ve enjoyed discussing the game with the few people here who care. Sorry this game gets you mad but video games aren’t really worth getting mad over. And it doesn’t really matter if people give the games you like attention. Just play what you enjoy. You know the games that get the most attention are going to be the big blockbusters with a lot of casual appeal.

I’ve been wanting to play Elite Dangerous. I enjoyed the original way back on the C64. I’m also thinking about trying Subnautica which seems like a cool indie game that’s maybe in the same spirit.

I should look into Space Engineers. I’ve heard the game mentioned a lot but never really looked into it too closely.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#843 henrythefifth

Saying some game is better than NMS is kinda silly

NMS is unique enough to be a class of its own. There is nothing out there that comes close to the scale and depth of NMS. The other games listed above are really limited and restrictive in comparison. No contest.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#844  Edited By mark1974

@henrythefifth said:

Saying some game is better than NMS is kinda silly

NMS is unique enough to be a class of its own. There is nothing out there that comes close to the scale and depth of NMS. The other games listed above are really limited and restrictive in comparison. No contest.

Thanks for that input Henry. I don't know much about some of those games that our friend @tryit mentioned but I do mean to look into them. As much as I love No Man's Sky, if those games are so much better I would be stupid not to play them right? But maybe @tryit is just angry at NMS and being disingenuous? It's hard to tell sometimes with so many agendas out there on the internet but he seems like a pretty decent guy judging by the previous posts of his that I have read. Those games mostly seem to be early access but I guess to be fair so is No Man's Sky more or less... A lot of these games seem to be copying off each other and I don't know which one came first in a lot of cases.

You've got me playing this again though Henry and I thank you for that as I've been having a good time. The Alliance of Galactic Travellers embassy is next door to the Hub Capital so I gave it a visit as well as many other HUB10 locations tonight. It's got a whole lot of comm balls so I guess I'm late to the party:

(Way more comm balls than seen in that picture)

Also, I'm happy to see the amount of comm balls at my own simple base:

It's not a useful farm or important historic building in the hub. But it is in prime real-estate in the fashionable downtown Shungka Hub district. I'm always happy whenever I see a new comm ball.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#845 mark1974

I picked up a new exotic ship similar to one of my others but in red:

It's got the dual thrusters option:

I'm spending some time with the game now and enjoying it incase the Next update ruins things. I doubt it will though. I'm excited to see what will be added on July 24th. I'm hoping for better lush planets and more base building options.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#846 henrythefifth

Good to see new pics from you, Mark.

The update is July 24? Thats ages away! Still, I'm getting that NMS feel again, so maybe I'll get back into the game this weekend.

If I could just remember where I was in the game...

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#847 mark1974

I came up with a new prototype base in creative mode. While working long hours at work I passed the time by designing a new base in my head and drawing it on paper towel. I am finally off for a couple days so I built it in creative mode. I'm going to move my base to the best system I discovered during my travels around the hub. After I move, the base may not survive the Next update but in that case I will probably just move it to the next hub system that gets created. I'm pretty happy with it. It is a nipnip lounge with a secret nipnip growing area in the basement.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#848 henrythefifth

Nice base @mark1974 it looks like its been built on stilts, so as to protect it from flash floods.

I miss my old base, the one I had on a ice planet. On current play, I have not built anything. Plan is to find another nice ice planet with peaceful fauna, and build a proper base there. Gives me something to do over the summer.

Trouble with PS4 is that it updates games automatically even if automatic updates are turned off. So even if I try not to update NMS when the new patch arrives, my PS4 will download it anyways when I'm not looking.

I often leave PS4 to update overnight, with huge patches. My net is kinda slow, so 10GB update takes about 8 hours to download. And the trouble there is that if PS4 notices other updates during that download, it will start downloading them too automatically.

Bottom line is, I wont be able to protect NMS from the new update... Only way would be to buy another PS4 and have current NMS there totally offline.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#849 henrythefifth

My fave creatures in the game are fish. I'm always happy to find a new species of fishy fish. Here's one I found today:

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#850 mark1974

@henrythefifth: That one is a true beauty! We need more aquatic life in the game.

Regarding your other post, I think it’s a shame that they force the updates on PS4. I’ll be surprised if the new update isn’t buggy at first. All the last ones where but then mostly fixed pretty quickly. Make sure you back up your save file on a usb stick. It saved my game last update when I got irreversible game breaking bugs. I really don’t want to lose my save that goes all the way back to day one. I don’t know if I could handle starting over.