Nintendo Should Makes the SNES Again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks Nintendo should start manufacturing SNES systems again? It certainly seems to me that they could honestly sell them if they made them. The demand for SNES systems and games seems at a nearly all-time high, so I think they should re-manufacture them.

Anyone agree?

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
as much as i love snes i have to disagree. all the kids would be like "luk at teh grafx, its teh 2dz not teh 3dz this is ancient" i still play snes games mainly cuz i realize that in a modern day the gameplay is way higher on more of its games than say ps2 / 3 or xbox titles ( i will say alot of ps2 games were wonderful, i never played xbox cuz i refuse to feed the microsoft demon) but because it has old school graphics with great gameplay (instead of today great graphics with quite often medicore gameplay) kids wouldn't want it, us adults would, but the demographics for gaming consoles is still the kid to young adult demographic and that demographic (in general) wants pretty pictures, no more, no less.
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

it would cost way to much and wouldnt make enough to make it worthwhile.

mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

And most of the games I liked on thatsystemand the NES can now be found on the GBA and DS anyway. Mostly GBA.

IE Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy IV, V and VI.

I'm sure there are others as well

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts
It'd be an extreme waste of time, material, and money.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
I don't think it would be a good idea. Retro gaming is a niche hobby that doesn't have a lot of representation in the modern gaming industry aside from the VC. For most people, emulation IS good enough. I know you and probably most of the people that are on the legacy board are purists and prefer to play games on their native consoles but as the saying goes, "forum nerds do not accurately represent the general public". You're exposed to retro gaming on here and ebay and amazon and wherever because this is our hobby. We look for this stuff. Your average 360/ps3/wii owner isn't going to give 2 flips about spending money on the original console when they can download the rom legally for a few bucks and be done with it.
patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
no i don't think they should make the snes again there is the wii which has some of the snes games and the gba
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#8 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
In limited quantities, I agree. There isn't enough demand for mass production, but in limited quantities, they could make some good money. I'm sure there are some people who want either a replacement system or replacement components. I want to go find some new controllers, and maybe a backup system.
earthmonkeyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 earthmonkeyyy
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
First they should release the NES, like Atari did with the flashback system 1. Then they could release the SNES, like the Atari flashback system 2. These would msotly be bought by adults who played these systems as children. Nintendo wouldn't have to worry about what today's rugrats thought of the systems: They would SELL anyway.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#10 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
they should just add the cartidge ports etc of past consoles get rid of vc and there problem solved, and if 3rd party wanted to they can make snes games, n64 etc , , thats what they should have done to begin with, i agree infact they all should keep with their old hardware sell it at a low enough price , so others who dont have 600 dollars to spend on a gaming console have options, it would be good for sony and nintendo to do so
spanky333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#11 spanky333
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts
I think it would be kind of interesting to see all the old consoles repackaged and sold again. I think this forum would be a totally different place.
Twilight-Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Twilight-Fox
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts
Actually I think the SNES games are better than some of the games that are coming out these days. But I dont think they will.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

They did make them again, but they renamed it the Game Boy Advance.

Great system.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jalexbrown

They did make them again, but they renamed it the Game Boy Advance.

Great system.

Bgrngod

There is some accuracy to this statement, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure you know I meant something different. In any case, GBA or DS did get most of the best SNES games, but I'm still looking for Chrono Trigger on the DS/GBA.

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
if you want one that badly just go on amazon or ebay
project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 project-exile
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

And most of the games I liked on thatsystemand the NES can now be found on the GBA and DS anyway. Mostly GBA.

IE Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy IV, V and VI.

I'm sure there are others as well

mike7677

Not all of the game have been put on the gba or ds. There are tons and tons of games that never got ported over. Like chrono trigger, secret of mana, bahamut lagoon (god I wish square enix would port that one over) super mario rpg, bushido blade, final fantasy mystic quest, and tons more of games from the snes that never got released on the gba and the ds.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

Actually I think the SNES games are better than some of the games that are coming out these days. But I dont think they will.Twilight-Fox

me an you see eye to eye on this completely. i ran through devil may crry 3 once but i can go back to super mario world any day or night (or super mario 3, or any of the old school final fantasys and countless other games too) and play it for hours.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
It wouldn't sell so well, because of the young gamers wanting 3d graphics and considering that people that play classics usually still have a SNES or just download the games in the VC. Why would Nintendo release the same games for both the VC and the original SNES remade? It makes no sense.
Twilight-Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Twilight-Fox
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts

[QUOTE="Twilight-Fox"]Actually I think the SNES games are better than some of the games that are coming out these days. But I dont think they will.z4twenny

me an you see eye to eye on this completely. i ran through devil may crry 3 once but i can go back to super mario world any day or night (or super mario 3, or any of the old school final fantasys and countless other games too) and play it for hours.

Lol i'm still addicted to balloon fighter!

Icegoten777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Icegoten777
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts

I disagree. They are selling cheap on eBay with bundles and stuff. It would also decrease the rarity of some games if they started to make them again. My whole collection would be devastated because of how hard some of the games were to find and get and It will be a pain to have gone through all that work just to have them make it easier to get.

(Kinda like Yu-Gi-Oh and my Gaia The Dragon Champion...it was one of the rarest cards in the game and now its not so hard get.)

Dark_Link365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dark_Link365
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts

Actually I think the SNES games are better than some of the games that are coming out these days. But I dont think they will.Twilight-Fox

i agree old school games are kinda better

project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 project-exile

[QUOTE="Twilight-Fox"]Actually I think the SNES games are better than some of the games that are coming out these days. But I dont think they will.Dark_Link365

i agree old school games are kinda better

I totally agree that old school games where better. Those games where about game play not graphics. Tons of those games a spent so many hours playing that sometimes I felt my eye balls would pop out. Cannot diss the classics.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts
Any game anyone wants to play is available or will be available on the VC. A snes rerelease would be more than pointless.
project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 project-exile

Any game anyone wants to play is available or will be available on the VC. A snes rerelease would be more than pointless.Alter_Echo

Plus companies would have to stop creating games with advanced graphics. Even though I love snes graphics because to me graphics mean nothing if the game play sucks. If you want a snes you can get one off amazon for about 50 bucks and the games are really cheap. Except if you are after secret of mana or chrono trigger and any other final fantasy game that came out on the snes. The vc will have all of our favorite games so nintendo would not need a snes since it would be costly and pointless.

loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 157

#25 loopy_101
Member since 2005 • 28044 Posts
Do you know what should be remade? The Dreamcast and its most under-rated games.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jalexbrown

Do you know what should be remade? The Dreamcast and its most under-rated games.loopy_101

I'd be in line today to buy a "Dreamcast 2" if there was going to be one.

KOA_1Ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KOA_1Ak
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

as much as i love snes i have to disagree. all the kids would be like "luk at teh grafx, its teh 2dz not teh 3dz this is ancient" i still play snes games mainly cuz i realize that in a modern day the gameplay is way higher on more of its games than say ps2 / 3 or xbox titles ( i will say alot of ps2 games were wonderful, i never played xbox cuz i refuse to feed the microsoft demon) but because it has old school graphics with great gameplay (instead of today great graphics with quite often medicore gameplay) kids wouldn't want it, us adults would, but the demographics for Thaless. z4twenny

Thats not true, My brother is 13 and he LOVES the NES and SNES even after playing games on Xbox/360 etc...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

and while we're at it why not bring back vhs and 8 track.

loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 157

#29 loopy_101
Member since 2005 • 28044 Posts

[QUOTE="loopy_101"]Do you know what should be remade? The Dreamcast and its most under-rated games.jalexbrown

I'd be in line today to buy a "Dreamcast 2" if there was going to be one.

There already is one...(Xbox).