This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70119 Posts

I am actually excited about the Wii U from the games I have seen. Nintendo has finally released a new IP. Splatoon is looks really fun. What is your take on what have been shown so far?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Hey Bayonetta 1 is coming to the Wii U ! :D

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pedro

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Hey Bayonetta 1 is coming to the Wii U ! :D

Is it part of the purchase of 2?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

Splatoon actually looks fantastic. A new IP from Nintendo...that's also an online shooter...that's also completely original? Weird, but count me in.

Then there was the new open-world Zelda (Hyrule Warriors isn't looking too shabby either), Bayonetta 2 (and 1), Smash Bros is looking amazing as usual, the new Yoshi's Island...and a blurred out Star Fox game at the end there.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Pedro said:

I am actually excited about the Wii U from the games I have seen. Nintendo has finally released a new IP. Splatoon is looks really fun. What is your take on what have been shown so far?

Nintendo seem to finally get that its the games that sell a console, but is it enough.

Personally i dont think so, that boat have sailed for Nintendo but they might be able to see a few extra on the few but nice looking new and existing ip´s

But one thing this proved and thats the future of gaming is indie and it's sure looking bright.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu

@Pedro

That part is still not clear yet....

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

love you Nintendo

I'm sorry for making fun of the Wii U so much because now I'm gonna buy one

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu

@JML897

Not before me you won't ! :p

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

Bayonetta 1 with Nintendo extra costumes as part of the purchase of 2, the whole reason I bought a Wii u makes it all worth it. Open world Zelda really excites me.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

platinumgames.com/2014/06/11/the-bayonetta-2-developers-blog-begins/

Yep its Official... Everysingle copy of Bayonetta 2 wiil come with The Original Bayonetta aswell.....

Thats two games ! How can you not love that ? Wii U is dying my Ass !

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

Oh hey looks like Nintendo has learned from from Sony's Little Big Planet and Microsoft's Project Spark..... With "Mario Maker"..... A new Wii U game that allows you to build your own Mario levels, this is their 1st attempt at this so I'm not Expecting something in Depth like Spark..... Infact I'm pretty sure Disney Infinity 2.0 will mop the floor with its Ugly face.... But this is still Fantastic News..... Infinite Replayability !

Lets hope hope 5 years from now, yes the Wii U will still be around in 5 years, they can build on this idea and have something on par with Spark !

See Microsoft ? Don't drop the gimmick.... Make games for it !

And Co-op...... Lots of co-op ! Co-op freaking Everywhere ! :p

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Zelda looks like it could rival Skyrim in exploration and sense of scale.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

Did yall see Spatoon ?

Its so stupid it actually looks like a great Idea.... :D

I must taste that game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@BranKetra: Seems like you are jumping the gun. This is new territory for Nintendo and don't expect the overall area to be remotely as close as Skyrim or any other TSO game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Did yall see Spatoon ?

Its so stupid it actually looks like a great Idea.... :D

I must taste that game.

Well it looks great and not sure about it looking "stupid", ,more silly or comical than stupid.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Pedro

Nintendo Finaly has something to bring to Microsoft's Gears and Sony's Killzone, Gunfight !

I'm getting all "wet" just thinking about it..... :p

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Pedro

Nintendo Finaly has something to bring to Microsoft's Gears and Sony's Killzone, Gunfight !

I'm getting all "wet" just thinking about it..... :p

Its pretty ingenious when you think about it. They swapped blood and gore with paint and splashes.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@Pedro

Funny enough I've always wanted a Paintball Third Person Shooter with Bleeding Edge Liquid Physics Technology..... This is even better.... :p

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By branketra
@Pedro said:

@BranKetra: Seems like you are jumping the gun. This is new territory for Nintendo and don't expect the overall area to be remotely as close as Skyrim or any other TSO game.

I do not consider my statement hyberbole because of the quality Nintendo games are respected for. They are making an open world game and I do not speculate, but expect it to be equal to third party games in scope.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mattykovax

@BranKetra said:

@Pedro said:

I do not consider my statement hyberbole because of the quality Nintendo games are respected for. They are making an open world game and I do not speculate, but expect it to be equal to third party games in scope.

Have to agree with this. If they pull this off, it could go down as legendary.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pedro

@BranKetra: Then you maybe disappointed.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By branketra

@Pedro said:

Could you please explain why you think that a little more?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@mattykovax said:

@BranKetra said:

@Pedro said:

It is surely a feat to pull off. The problem with skyrim is that its just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fckn boring. Not just the same repeating questions, but just the landscape and tone NEVER changes.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mattykovax

@Heirren:

While I somewhat agree, one of the reasons I still like morrowind so much even though its dated, things were different. However if Nintendo can pull off their usual charm and polish, with the scope and openness, it truly will be the greatest Zelda ever.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 branketra

@Heirren said:

@mattykovax said:

@BranKetra said:

@Pedro said:

It is surely a feat to pull off. The problem with skyrim is that its just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fckn boring. Not just the same repeating questions, but just the landscape and tone NEVER changes.

I like Cyrodiil more than Skyrim because much of the land is a lush green color and then there are caves. Plus, there are old forts and Ayleid ruins with their own distinct styles. Also, Oblivion planes are quite an experience to see after exploring Cyrodiils's landscape. That is part of the reason the new Zelda is intriguing; The new Zelda is lush and green. Knowing Nintendo, it will also have artistically fresh dungeons that will complement the vibrant landscape. Boss battles should be awesome as long as they are not simply QTE sequences.

I really am excited about this new Zelda game.

Super Smash Bros. U and 3DS are also going to be fun, for sure.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Planeforger

On the plus side, we could end up with a Skyrim-esque game that *won't* launch as an unfinished pile of dung which was never playtested or debugged. That'll be a novelty.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17680 Posts

I really hate the direction Nintendo has changed into. They've gone from a core focused, big-games company into a mostly casual focused, conservative, novelty mini-game focused bullshit pusher. Yes, they have Mario, and Zelda looks amazing. I'll be the first to grant that. But why does a company with such talent largely waste a large portion of it on such superficial, toy themed garbage offerings that will ultimately be forgotten in a few years time?

They're a company that used to sell Ferraris that's transformed largely into one that produces custom golf carts with a Ferrari on the side for good 'ol times sake. I despise Iwata's Nintendo, I really do.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Planeforger

@MirkoS77: Something like half of the games they showed during their E3 video were aimed at the "core" gamers.

Bayonetta 2 and the new Xenoblade game are obviously 'core' rather than 'casual'. Smash Bros, Zelda and Star Fox all have huge core gamer followings. Splatoon, under its cutesy artwork, has innovative mechanics that could greatly appeal to core gamers. Hyrule Warriors...well, Dynasty Warriors is a niche series in itself.

Then there were a couple of smaller/lighter titles - new Yoshi and Kirby titles, things like that. Still, the majority of their games appealed the core market.

What else could you want from them this E3? And is there any substantive difference between yesterday's lineup and Nintendo's first-party lineup from 10 or 15 years ago?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77

You mean those "Amiibo" thingy's ?

if you don't like'em leave alone..... Its not their forcing them on you with the Gamepad.....

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pedro

@BranKetra said:

@Pedro said:

I don't think the game would be on the same scope as Skyrim. I think such an expectation is unrealistic and also doesn't match the core nature of a Zelda game. It would be open world but not on the scale of a game like Skyrim especially since it doesn't need to be.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@Planeforger said:

On the plus side, we could end up with a Skyrim-esque game that *won't* launch as an unfinished pile of dung which was never playtested or debugged. That'll be a novelty.

Its always funny to read comments like this. It shows a great sense of bandwagon jumping and ignorance with regards to open world games like TSO and GTA.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@Planeforger: pretty much. I mean nintendo has always made quirky games like splatoon and stuff even as far back as the NES days.

Meanwhile it looks like we're getting the largest and most ambitious zelda game yet and people are still going on about nintendo being "lazy"

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pedro

@Shinobishyguy said:

@Planeforger: pretty much. I mean nintendo has always made quirky games like splatoon and stuff even as far back as the NES days.

Meanwhile it looks like we're getting the largest and most ambitious zelda game yet and people are still going on about nintendo being "lazy"

Hmmm. It took about 13 years to release a new IP. They have rehashed the same IP for over 2 decades and you are surprised that they are being called lazy?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#34 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I would love more Zelda details right now. The way they described it made it seem like the world is going to be almost like Dark Souls in the sense that there are tons of interconnected areas and there's free range exploration.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 branketra

@Pedro said:

@BranKetra said:

@Pedro said:

I don't think the game would be on the same scope as Skyrim. I think such an expectation is unrealistic and also doesn't match the core nature of a Zelda game. It would be open world but not on the scale of a game like Skyrim especially since it doesn't need to be.

We will see.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44403 Posts

Yeah there was a lot of great stuff shown by Nintendo. Zelda and Xenoblade look amazing, Bayonetta 2 is a day one purchase, and Devil's Third has me interested. I also really enjoy the Smash Bros. I really need a Wii U soon because there's already a bunch of games currently available that I want as well.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Nintendo's "conference" (Not sure what to call it at this point) was great and had some interesting new games apart of it, though I felt it ended abruptly.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Planeforger
@Pedro said:

@Planeforger said:

Its always funny to read comments like this. It shows a great sense of bandwagon jumping and ignorance with regards to open world games like TSO and GTA.

I think you may be on the wrong boat there.

I've played every game in the Elder Scrolls series. Morrowind is (probably) one of my top ten all-time favourite RPGs. I was a fan of the GTA series from GTA1. I bought Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, GTA IV and GTA V (and more) at launch. I love plenty of open-world games.

So I didn't make that comment from a position of ignorance. Nor did I jump on the bandwagon, since I've been critical of Skyrim and GTA V since the start, back when everyone thought I was crazy for saying anything bad about them.

But I stand by what I said: Skyrim and GTA V were rushed out the door in an unfinished state.

With Skyrim, Bethesda's biggest problem was the 11/11/11 release date. That's a marketing goldmine, and they were going to launch then regardless of what state the game was in. That explains why the game launched with backwards-flying invincible dragons and all sorts of blatantly obvious nonsense that it took Bethesda months to patch out.

Sure, open world games are complex beasts, but when I literally couldn't walk ten minutes without encountering a hilarious immersion shattering bug (and I took the screenshots to prove it, for the most part), and when the bugs are *so* obvious that Bethesda must have known about them, that suggests that they either didn't care about the bugs, or they didn't have time to fix them. I'd bet anything it's the latter.

Meanwhile, GTA V was polished, and I didn't say anything bad about it in my original post. But I will say that GTA V also *definitely* launched in an unfinished state - entire features were missing, with a "to be patched in later" notice highlighting this fact.

These aren't problems that you'd expect of two of the biggest players in the industry, especially when some much smaller companies manage to launch more ambitious games with all features intact, and at least some degree of competent bug-testing.

Meanwhile, Nintendo don't launch unfinished/bug-filled games. If they were making Skyrim, for example, they'd delay the game for months/years until they polished every aspect of it.

'course, we have no idea how they'll manage on a game of a larger scope like Skyrim, but their company ethos is all about polishing their games. I guess we might find out soon enough.

@Pedro said:

@Shinobishyguy said:

Hmmm. It took about 13 years to release a new IP. They have rehashed the same IP for over 2 decades and you are surprised that they are being called lazy?

Uh, that was misquoted. I never said that?

Anyway, you're technically incorrect as well. According to this old list, Nintendo has produced over 80 new IPS in the last 13 years: http://kyoto-report.wikidot.com/forum/t-469495

I can't fact-check it, there's only a handful of amazing titles there (like Hotel Dusk, Golden Sun, Xenoblade, etc.), and most/all obviously aren't first party titles. But still, they push new franchises all the time.

And I'd argue that they don't "rehash" the same IPs over and over, since they attempt to overhaul and innovate them every few years. For example, we've got the new open-world Zelda, the new Zelda/Dynasty Warriors mash-up, last year's GOTY-winning non-linear Zelda (with a truly great 3D mechanic), Skyward Sword's brilliantly reinvented combat system, and so on.

Hell, Nintendo games frequently win GOTY awards and are the highest scoring games of each generation because they're always reinventing their IPs. Ocarina of Time was a radical innovation in the series. Super Mario 64 reinvented the platformer. Metroid Prime completely changed genres.Mario Galaxy reinvented Super Mario 64.

Sure, there are a few stagnant series - Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc. - that merely get iterative sequels every few years, but every company does that, and some are a lot worse than Nintendo. Plus you don't really see Sony or Microsoft radically changing things in their biggest IPs - outside of spin-off games like Fable Kinect and Halo Wars.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@MirkoS77: " really hate the direction Nintendo has changed into. They've gone from a core focused, big-games company into a mostly casual focused, conservative, novelty mini-game focused bullshit pusher"

Just cut the bullshit (as you call it) out and then your left with the core games you love simple really.

There's nothing wrong with appealing to different markets.

I'm sure Nintendo has always been like that.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@Pedro said:

@Shinobishyguy said:

Nintendo has about 40 new IPs since the year 2000. You may not like all of them, but they exist.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17680 Posts

@ariabed said:

@MirkoS77: " really hate the direction Nintendo has changed into. They've gone from a core focused, big-games company into a mostly casual focused, conservative, novelty mini-game focused bullshit pusher"

Just cut the bullshit (as you call it) out and then your left with the core games you love simple really.

There's nothing wrong with appealing to different markets.

I'm sure Nintendo has always been like that.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that Nintendo has only so many resources at their disposal.