prince__vlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By prince__vlad
Member since 2008 • 233 Posts

ready for a little liky wiki mass-effect-hickey? Here's what I heard from a friend who works for Ubisoft (eastern Europe part), the same who told me about Thief 4 with one year ahead. In november, last year, a small team, for now, started the work to the next ME. The project was blocked over and over again by a suit, (it had some momentum last year in summer) but it seems that Casey won this round. The people started gathering from june last year. Stay tuned for some more liki-wiki in the next months.

PS - you know the rules, no questions asked, but I would love to hear your opinions. I think I deserve that much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

They need to just remake Mass Effect trilogy in 4k 60fps with the latest Unreal Engine. Then, Bioware has my permission to die.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

I know we live in a sensitive time, and this will come across as a cynical post. But, really needs to be mentioned-

Who cares what Bioware develop, didn't Anthem and Andromeda teach people anything?

The last two games are of similar quality to Fallout 76. Gain some form of standards is my personal suggestion, and stop relying on false promises. You fans have been fooled for so long and been repaid with questionable quality to fill the pockets of EA, who are laughing to the bank at your gullibility!

Know at this point some Bioware fans are living in denial expecting some godly game to release in the next decade. And make any rumor(s) of why the current portfolio of games sucks in a justified way. Accept the developer you respected is gone, and with it any reminisce of quality.

EA doesn't have your best interests in mind, they just want your money with whatever they can throw at you.

Move on.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I'm kinda like yeah wait theres another mass effect? Hm...

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

The series peaked at 2, so they'd really have to deliver this time if they want it to be successful.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

ME: Andromeda ended up being a really fun game in the end. Yeah, it didn't have the x-factor that the original trilogy has--forgettable protagonist, forgettable companions, laughable antagonist, and the one-size-fits-all class system I loathe--but despite all that, it was simply fun. Great locales, and they ended up doing the whole mini-open world (i.e. numerous zones with large, but not huge, levels) that trades a little bit of size for a whole lot of detail that worked so well in DA: Inquisition.

Exploration was fun, combat was pretty solid, and mixing and matching skills, procs, and detonators was fun. It was also visually stunning, and there were some pretty great "sci-fi moments" as well.

The problem is, they had their B-team developing it. It wasn't the legit Bioware, but Bioware: Canada or something like that. It was the team that was responsible for some of the original ME's DLC. I don't blame Bioware for that, I blame EA.

If ME: Andromeda had been called simply "Andromeda" or "Happy Fun Space Time" and had no association with ME--change the appearance of the alien races, change the lore, etc--it would have been well received. It was a victim of its own pedigree.

Likewise, I think Anthem shows a lot of promise, especially for being the first non-RPG game Bioware has made in a while, but I blame EA for rushing it, overhyping it, and probably being a little overbearing during development. "No, It's not like Destiny. MAKE ME DESTINY!" say's EA to Bioware.

With all that said, I'd be happy if they never made another Mass Effect. I have my fond memories of ME 1-3, and a forgiving attitude towards ME: Andromeda....let's not push our luck, now.

angelsemaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 angelsemaj
Member since 2019 • 16 Posts

I am almost finished with my recent ME:1-3 run (I just finished Priority: Horizon) in preparation for me Playing ME: Andromeda for the first time (I was discouraged by my friends to play it during its initial release).

Should I prep myself to be disappointed? :(

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@angelsemaj: You should prep yourself to be disappointed by how the original trilogy ends instead of how bad Andromeda is compared to 1 and 2 (and 95% of 3).

prince__vlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 prince__vlad
Member since 2008 • 233 Posts

@angelsemaj said:

I am almost finished with my recent ME:1-3 run (I just finished Priority: Horizon) in preparation for me Playing ME: Andromeda for the first time (I was discouraged by my friends to play it during its initial release).

well, it's like ME you knew, here and there, but commander Shepherd (and pretty much everything good that came from here) is DEAD , with capital D. Got my drift ?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Bioware's recent games have been disappointing but Mass Effect is probably my favorite franchise so I'd be interested in a new entry. I even enjoyed Andromeda, even though it had its fair share of problems and failed to hold a candle to the original trilogy.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Damedius
Member since 2010 • 737 Posts

ME Andromeda would have been fine without the horrible writing. Video game writing is never usually stellar but ME:A was some bad fan fiction level writing.

angelsemaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By angelsemaj

@prince__vlad said:
@angelsemaj said:

well, it's like ME you knew, here and there, but commander Shepherd (and pretty much everything good that came from here) is DEAD , with capital D. Got my drift ?

That is just... so... sad. :(

angelsemaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 angelsemaj

@rmpumper: The "Huh?" moment in ME3 is actually something I found good. Yeah I know it didn't satisfy majority of the fanbase, but the open-endedness of it was actually pretty cool for me. :)

edomingox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 edomingox
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts

the problem with developers thinking like this (the next Mass Effect) is that they do not create the next best thing. They need to create, or should I say innovate, their next game. Would you like to have the next "mass effect" or would you like mass effect (before any other mass effect came out). Sequels can only go so far before they are ruined, that's why sitcoms only last about 10 years or so. Game sequels will continue until they destroy themselves because they don't know when to stop (i.e. Call of Duty).

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#15 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts
Loading Video...