Next Assassin's creed .. what do u think or wish it'll be ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JamesJoule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JamesJoule
Member since 2012 • 398 Posts

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

@JamesJoule:

1) Not pirates.

2) Hopefully Victorian era where you're an Assassin and not a Pirate.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I want a real assassin creed a true third installment in the franchise made by the original team who made 1 and 2.

3 and Black Flag is a half-good game and a great game but both are no Creed game.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I've been playing through Assassin's Creed IV the past two days quite a lot. The game has me completely enthralled and overwhelmed. the open sea pirate setting was the best thing they could have done to appeal to me personally so I really couldn't wish for anything better.. I sincerely hope they push forward with Edward Kenway the way they did with Ezio. This game is, quite frankly, way too good to be true.

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

I want a new Hitman game, that's as good as Blood Money. Absolution was alright, but didn't quite cut it.

As for official Assassin's Creed... Maybe like samurai's or something. that'd be cool.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Holding out for the next gen AC4, but honestly, if they want to get me excited, set the next AC in the time of those who came before. The first civilization. That's what I want to see in detail.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

@Pikminmaniac:

Funny coming from you. I remember you shoveling a truck load of crap onto the Assassin's Creed series on any number of occasions, now you're saying this entry is too good to be true. What brought about this change? I remember you absolutely trashing the gameplay before and to be honest this one plays the same as it always has.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I would like to see something that has never been done before. Maybe something like the British Raj.

assassin_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 assassin_123
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Western Civilization or Chinese Civilization would be a great setting for the next Assassins Creed. :D

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I want to play Ron Swanson in ASSASSIN'S CREED: PAWNEE.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@contracts420 said:

@Pikminmaniac:

Funny coming from you. I remember you shoveling a truck load of crap onto the Assassin's Creed series on any number of occasions, now you're saying this entry is too good to be true. What brought about this change? I remember you absolutely trashing the gameplay before and to be honest this one plays the same as it always has.

I think similarly to Pikminmaniac. AC is pretty shit at its core, but Black flag has so much that appeals to me otherwise. Huge sprawling seas and islands to explore (it all looks great btw), it's not the typical city sprawling though there's that too. It's like a WORLD to explore rather than a city.

And the ship combat, oh man, looks so damn fun and fluid. Enough good can't be said about it. Who doesn't love Pirates and the sense of freedom that comes with that? Coming from a guy that can't stand AC, I might get this game at some point.

If they keep making AC of this caliber, that might not be such a bad thing.

---

But anyways, I don't know where they'll take AC, but I wish Ubisoft would give Prince of Persia more time and thought, because it's vastly superior to AC. But it doesn't sell like AC..

I wouldn't mind seeing a feudal Japan themed AC with huge sprawling countrysides, though it won't happen since AC is so European themed.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@contracts420 said:

@Pikminmaniac:

What you say is true. I will not deny that, but as soon as they announced that the newest assassin's creed was going for the pirate setting, I became instantly interested. The sense of freedom and adventure that comes with the open sea setting is unmatchable in my personal opinion and I've always been fascinated with the history surrounding pirates.

So over the past month I was looking up videos and information on AC4 and got myself royally hyped up because it was shaping up to be a full blown pirate simulator. Eventually checking all this stuff out encouraged me to go back and try Assassin's Creed II again. The mechanics still aren't the best (stealth and combat is weak and the traversal is still really touchy), but I got myself emersed in the world and the upgrade system.

Now I'm playing a game that is a vast improvement over Assassin's Creed II in its mechanics as well as being set in one of my favourite settings and time periods. The most notable improvement so far being the stealth which is heavily encouraged. Almost every mission gives you a bonus for not getting into a fight and that's the way Assassin's Creed should be.

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

@Ish_basic: That'll be brilliant; it'll most likely be futuristic.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Here is your answer guys

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I want a female Ninja Assassin. I keep thinking that would be rad, and I hope I'm right.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

@Pikminmaniac:

Good to know that you are enjoying it. It really is a great experience and the game opens up a lot of stealth possibilities compared to other recent entries in the series.

But back on topic, I have no idea what the series will do next. I believe Ubisoft shot themselves in the foot with ACIV. Going back to plain old free running and horseback isn't going to work for me after this. I have spent the better part of 5 games doing these things.so they need to either focus the game around this Naval aspect or come up with something worthy of replacing it.

Problem is they have already written Edward' story and fate before ACIV was even released so using him again just isn't an option. Like I said... I feel they shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

Nobody knows... I would like to see england.

JamesJoule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JamesJoule

i'm surprised nobody mentioned the crusades .. i think it's the best setting possible for AC

as for the 2nd best .. mm i dont know maybe 18th century england or france

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

If i remember correctly, they said that the comic would give a hint on where they are head next. The comic is set in India, The setting and character seem to pay homage to the Prince of Persia, However, i do not think that this would be a good place to turn because it would seem like a downgrade compared to the open world in Black Flag, and they would probably need a new character besides the one in the comic.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I'd appreciate it if they put less resources into historical authenticity & accuracy and used that to come up with some fun, dense combat,stealth, ambush and navigation mechanics, and some more interesting enemies, like a bloody firebreathing dragon, f#ck logic, dragons are way more important, maybe throw in a ghost here and there, just for fun!

Give it the Batman treatment already !

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

the next game is going to be mostly in Egypt {not sure} , I just wish that the game have more better graphics and more stealth options.

JamesJoule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JamesJoule

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I'd appreciate it if they put less resources into historical authenticity & accuracy and used that to come up with some fun, dense combat,stealth, ambush and navigation mechanics, and some more interesting enemies, like a bloody firebreathing dragon, f#ck logic, dragons are way more important, maybe throw in a ghost here and there, just for fun!

Give it the Batman treatment already !

agree with you there on the historical part .. they just need to concentrate on the things u said ( minus the dragons part :D ) and a cool story with better missions instead of over detailed stuff that doesn't matter and no one notices it anyway

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride

@phoenix5352 said:

the next game is going to be mostly in Egypt {not sure} , I just wish that the game have more better graphics and more stealth options.

most likely if you think the picture i posted is an indicator of what they might do

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@The_Last_Ride said:

@phoenix5352 said:

most likely if you think the picture i posted is an indicator of what they might do

I could get on board for that. I'm not Assassin's Creed's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination. But I do like Egyptian history quite a lot. Could be fun if they find something interesting to do with the story and add in a few of the more famous Pharaohs or somesuch.

Also 4 looks really fun. I think that's going to be one of my PS4 games in a couple of weeks. :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Okay thats it! I will hold my tongue no longer, is the game's location/era really all that important ?

Don't get me wrong its impeccably detailed but damn does it get redundant after a while, mechanically speaking the locals and historical eras are pretty much the same, you can swap Connor, Altair and Ezio around in any era, they would fair pretty well in each others turf, they are not all that different/unique in execution. Where ever they decide to go next, they better damn well make good mechanical use of the new setting in unique ways, kudos to them for trying with Edward.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

AC2 is one of my favorite games from this gen but Ubisoft is destroying the IP, im not even going to rent Black Flag. I wish they would take a nice 2 year break from the franchise and rebuild the combat and stealth mechanics from scratch.

If they went to Japan that would make me interested again, it's a nice change up, its a cool period, and it would ensure that they arent reusing assets from previous games.

JamesJoule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JamesJoule

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Okay thats it! I will hold my tongue no longer, is the game's location/era really all that important ?

Don't get me wrong its impeccably detailed but damn does it get redundant after a while, mechanically speaking the locals and historical eras are pretty much the same, you can swap Connor, Altair and Ezio around in any era, they would fair pretty well in each others turf, they are not all that different/unique in execution. Where ever they decide to go next, they better damn well make good mechanical use of the new setting in unique ways, kudos to them for trying with Edward.

agree with u there .. mechanical use and story wise use too ..always been weak in AC games

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Well, now the location or even era doesn't matter since the original devs are long gone and the original story is also long forgotten and even why it was called Assassin Creed is gone.

But back in its day when Assassin creed 1 and 2 came out it was thought to be if i recall correct no more than a trilogy that would revolve around the order that gave name and meaning to Assassin and their battle against the templars, which is if you dive into the history of the order explains a lot since the order was islamic origin and templars are christian.

Unfortunaely AC proved to be a success and the big guys at Ubisoft said f the story and plan and lets just make it into a poor yearly release to milk our fans.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZZoMBiE13

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Not being a fan of the series, I can say that it's pretty much all that matters to me. Black Flag looks interesting, only because it seems so little like an Assassin's Creed game, or at least what I've come to know of AC from an outsider perspective. The series was something that never appealed to me all that much, but I did try out the first one. It wasn't my thing but a friend of mine really did like it so I gave him my copy. He picked up 2 and I played that, briefly, to roughly the same result. It was better, but still not something I wanted to invest time in.

But when they take it out of the places I've come to expect and do something like build a pirate themed game out of it, that seems like something I might actually enjoy. And for the first time in years, I'm actually interested in trying out an AC title, strictly because of the setting and era in which it is set.

Of course if you're talking strictly to fans of the series, then my opinion means nothing. I don't care about the previous protagonists any more than I care where the cow my cheeseburger was made from happened to be raised. Don't particularly care about the protagonist in 4 either, truth be told. He's just a vehicle through which to drive the gameplay and story.

I do agree though, that changing up the status quo with new mechanics is the real treat. But if the setting adds some new mechanics like sailing and pirating has done for Black Flag, then I think it's relevant to discuss where the next one might be set.

I guess my point is that they shouldn't be considered as mutually exclusive elements to the final product. A new AC game that is essentially just like 1, 2, or 3 and all their bastard offspring means nothing to me. But a change of setting to something interesting can add some much needed new elements to an otherwise derivative installment. 4 looks fun strictly because of it's era and setting. Likewise, Egypt sounds interesting so long as there is something compelling to do with the setting. I can't imagine what that might be, mechanically speaking, but given the right set of parameters it's as good a choice as any and if it leads to an interesting game, why not right?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Last_Ride

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@phoenix5352 said:

I could get on board for that. I'm not Assassin's Creed's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination. But I do like Egyptian history quite a lot. Could be fun if they find something interesting to do with the story and add in a few of the more famous Pharaohs or somesuch.

Also 4 looks really fun. I think that's going to be one of my PS4 games in a couple of weeks. :)

i would personally love the greek setting of ancient Greece

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

Some of you may already be aware of this but the next AC game is actually going to be the revival of Prince Of Persia. Engine and everything. It's already being teased inside of a couple of games. Ubisoft ain't exactly trying to hide it.

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts

Well I thought AC4 would be during WWII, and you would play as an Assassin in the concentration camps, so I'm going to stick with that idea.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@phoenix5352 said:

Yeah, and they can call it Assassin's Ryse. lol

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Last_Ride

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@phoenix5352 said:

Yeah, and they can call it Assassin's Ryse. lol

LOL! :P I personally would like the setting, but i doubt that is going to happen.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sabretooth2066
Member since 2013 • 402 Posts

i heard a rumour long time ago, claiming that there are ideas to make one of the next AC games playing in WWII, yeah i know many probably start crying "we dont need more WWII based games!" but i personly like that idea, there may be too many WWII first-person shooters, but there are not enough WWII stealth-based games out there...especially not stealth based bigger AAA games like AC

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Last_Ride

@sabretooth2066 said:

i heard a rumour long time ago, claiming that there are ideas to make one of the next AC games playing in WWII, yeah i know many probably start crying "we dont need more WWII based games!" but i personly like that idea, there may be too many WWII first-person shooters, but there are not enough WWII stealth-based games out there...especially not stealth based bigger AAA games like AC

i don't think they will got the WWII route to be honest

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sabretooth2066

they probably will not end up making another couple of sequels playing between water, stones, sand and wood...

i imagine AC playing in either a distant future or in certain wars with a little more advanced weaponry than just swords, guns and cannonballs.....with WWII being one of the most "interesting" wars of all not to mention which effect nazis would cause in AC..a secret nazi-templar division or other interesting story-twists they could make in this time.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jacanuk

@sabretooth2066 said:

Hmm, i heard something completely opposite to that, but i think that was the old dev team before they got their new gigs.

Also AC is not really a stealth game, its a 3 person action-adventure game. and there are plenty of those set in WWIII.

JamesJoule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JamesJoule

@sabretooth2066 said:

they probably will not end up making another couple of sequels playing between water, stones, sand and wood...

i imagine AC playing in either a distant future or in certain wars with a little more advanced weaponry than just swords, guns and cannonballs.....with WWII being one of the most "interesting" wars of all not to mention which effect nazis would cause in AC..a secret nazi-templar division or other interesting story-twists they could make in this time.

as much as i'd like to assassinate hitler i dont think wwii would make a good ac game..

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sabretooth2066

@Jacanuk said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

Also AC is not really a stealth game, its a 3 person action-adventure game. and there are plenty of those set in WWIII.

the only WWII based stealth games i currently can think of is "VELVET ASSASSIN" and sniper-based shooters like "SNIPER ELITE" including its sequel and its stand-alone add-ons with the nazi-zombies, with a 3rd person action-adventure playing in WWIi there comes "SABOTEUR" to my mind, now i wonder which "plenty" other WWII based stealth-games or 3rd person action-adventures youre talking about, probably you could name a dozen....

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#41 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@DuaIFace said:

Some of you may already be aware of this but the next AC game is actually going to be the revival of Prince Of Persia. Engine and everything. It's already being teased inside of a couple of games. Ubisoft ain't exactly trying to hide it.

I could see that happening. I recall seeing some really early leaked images of a supposed new Prince of Persia game a couple years ago. Looked a lot like Assassin's Creed. Haven't heard anything since, though.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@JamesJoule said:

I think it'll be the same watered down cash grab it was last time.

Ubisoft needs to stop already.

Parado_xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#43  Edited By Parado_xx
Member since 2011 • 111 Posts

I've always wanted an Assassin's Creed game set in historial Japan, although I know they didn't build any tall buildings because of earth quakes and such, which I guess kind of ruin things. Still, I can't help but love the thought of going around assassinating some daimyo in ninja or samurai style!