new to FPS - PLEASE HELP MEEEE :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ellexruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ellexruth
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Hey all,

I've been playing video games for my entire life (I'm currently 26) but I've never ventured much beyond platformers (Mario, Donkey Kong, Jak and Daxter, etc.), RPGs (Zelda, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Suikoden, Tales games, Shin Megami Tensei), fighting games (Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and my favorite -- SOUL CALIBER :) ) and racing games (Mario Kart to Forza) and I just wanted to branch out some more and start playing FPS games. I own a few because of my brother, like Borderlands, Fallout 3 (RPG/FPS), Bioshock, the Orange Box (which I think is like Portal, Team Fortress 2 and Half-life). I was wondering though if I was TOTALLY new to FPS what games should I play / how do I start off / how do I get better at it?

Thanks,
Lindsey

legaldruggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 legaldruggie
Member since 2015 • 61 Posts

Eh no need to plan/over think it. Get a copy of Halo and call of duty and jump right in. You will get the hang of it eventually

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Depends on whether you want to do multiplayer or are interested in single player experiences. If the latter, I can definitely recommend a few good games. Or a hundred.

wide_ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By wide_ocean
Member since 2008 • 288 Posts

Bioshock.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

deus ex human revolution , bioshock , far cry 3 are some of the best fps titles , get em and you will get the hang of the game play

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@ellexruth:

Tie your aiming to your movement, that's how you excel. Being good at aiming in general takes practice, but being able to move and shoot accurately is what you should strive for early. Don't worry about getting those dirty head shots right away.