RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

Information that Capcom has started emailing out to contributing ambassadors for testing a new Biohazard/ Resident Evil game in development.

If anyone is wondering what a Biohazard Ambassador is? An event was held in June. But you can also become a member by following this link. Sadly for some people here this link is for JPN and US only. Though blog states a EU test run will shortly follow.

This is also from Capcom Division 1, so it's a pretty anticipated project.

Play testing starts early September, and even if not interested in being a tester, expect leaks to flood on what the game is next month.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RSM-HQ

For conversation purposes I'm expecting one of the three-

Either an early gameplay build of the eighth entry or remake of the third game.

Lastly. A remaster collection of Biohazard: Outbreak. Now hear me out. I know it's not the most beloved. Most regions never even had it workable online (which did devalue the game for many fans) but has been long hinted on official Capcom sites.

And really was a causality of the times/ limitations. I also find collecting community members to test a game maybe a convenient way to lobby us up to test servers and new chat features. Sure I think the Outbreak games has its fair share of flaws, wouldn't even rank in my top five. But they're certainly one of the better entries in the franchise. And if being a bit mean, did multiplayer far better than 5,6, Rev series. Outdated mechanics and all.

So what does GD think the game is, are you already a Ambassador as well, or just waiting for the leaks?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

I hope it's for the remake, and not RE8. Though it's likely we won't see anything RE until next-gen starts like next year and only then, I expect the new RE game to be only play through PS5/Xbox Scarlet. (Capcom needs to support Switch)

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

I'll leave this here.

Loading Video...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

I hope its RE3 remake. Its my fav classic RE and its been too long since we get a proper Jill adventure. Revelations was a 5 hour story split between Jill and Chris, not enough. Quite easy too.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I hope for an 8th entry, really like 7. Though I want them to bring back the main cast with a 7 style gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@npiet1 said:

I hope for an 8th entry, really like 7. Though I want them to bring back the main cast with a 7 style gameplay.

I feel the complete opposite I want them to go back to third person with more action and less puzzles I don't want it to be like RE6 or RE5 but more like RE2 remake mixed with RE4.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain- said:

Though it's likely we won't see anything RE until next-gen starts like next year

Capcom needs to support Switch

I'm already registered and seems the demo build (at least) will be playable on Xbox One, PS4, and P.C. and as stated, is next month

Whether that reflects the final build for current and next-generation only I cannot say. Yet doubtful if they have it playable on PS4/XB1 for this community demo.

As for Switch RE engine isn't compatible, from my understanding Capcom really wants to support Switch but it's a struggle to get many the newer games running on the system to the standards they want. I would be extremely happy with a Monster Hunter game on Switch that isn't trashy X series but oh well.

@warmblur said:

I feel the complete opposite I want them to go back to third person with more action and less puzzles I don't want it to be like RE6 or RE5 but more like RE2 remake mixed with RE4.

I like the puzzles. Loved Resi4 but the puzzles are overly simplistic and moronic. All I'll say on that.

@sakaixx said:

I hope its RE3 remake. Its my fav classic RE and its been too long since we get a proper Jill adventure. Revelations was a 5 hour story split between Jill and Chris, not enough. Quite easy too.

Rev series had some of the more difficult Resi bosses known in the franchise. For me Revelation issues was the focus on gimmicks. Both games had cumbersome mechanics that just seemed tacked-on to extend the short campaign.

If you want a more difficult Survival Horror game check out The Evil Within series.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

I'm really hoping it's Outbreak.