New idea for FPS games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lpsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lpsquall
Member since 2004 • 329 Posts

I think if a futuristic FPS game should allow you to leave a decoy of yourself when playing online. Something like "total recall"or leave it as a bomb so people are fooled into thinking that was you.

If this concept exists in a game let me know which game it is but if no there isn't a game you are aware of does this concept, I think it will be a great idea.

Comments?

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Perfect Dark 0 has a gun, I believe it's the cmp 150 or something like that, which allows you project a holographic image of yourself.
CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts
It be better if when you kill someone you could go up to the body and take what weapons they had and then you could also set traps on the body, like taking a grenade pulling the pin and place it under the body. So when someone else checks the body for items as soon as they move it the grenade would go off.
edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts
Bioshock lets you place decoys. It's pretty funny to watch your enemies wail at a trash can or mailbox. That's the only thing that I could think of that comes close to what you're looking for.
blacksiteninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blacksiteninja
Member since 2008 • 306 Posts

It be better if when you kill someone you could go up to the body and take what weapons they had and then you could also set traps on the body, like taking a grenade pulling the pin and place it under the body. So when someone else checks the body for items as soon as they move it the grenade would go off.CADMAN_3

i like this idea, i want to see it in a game

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

[QUOTE="CADMAN_3"]It be better if when you kill someone you could go up to the body and take what weapons they had and then you could also set traps on the body, like taking a grenade pulling the pin and place it under the body. So when someone else checks the body for items as soon as they move it the grenade would go off.blacksiteninja

i like this idea, i want to see it in a game

Have you guys ever heard of a proximity mine?

Finaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Finaru
Member since 2008 • 306 Posts

Not first person, but online in Lost Planet you can throw dummies which enemies kill and attack all the time.

They show up on the radar too

Meat_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#8 Meat_Bag
Member since 2008 • 1061 Posts
Decoys are a very old concept, actually, first time I saw someone using a decoy was in MDK (an old action game for PS1). You can actually throw a dummy that enemies will shoot at thinking it was you. Kinda cool...
Quinyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Quinyx
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

"You think this is the real McQuaid? It is!!"

I like that idea.:lol:

Meat_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 Meat_Bag
Member since 2008 • 1061 Posts
Well, as long as you can distract your enemies and then shoot them from behind, I'm up for it! :lol: