new gamer guide ideas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chonkbing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chonkbing
Member since 2009 • 476 Posts

Heys eveyone, its been a while since i last posted anywhere.

i've been thinking recently that i would like to start a video channel on youtube with videos to help other gamers or put montages up from some of the games that i have been playing (possibly both).

The question im asking is to help me decide actually what to dothat would get many of you people watching, as in what sort of stuff would people be interested in. would people like achievement guides, walkthroughs, commentaries or montages or possibly a mix of it all?

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated, just send me a message on xboxlive (gamertag is chonkbing), pm me or leave a reply all tips or advise is appreciated and please give me serious answers

Thanks in advance

Chonkbing

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

I'd personally be worried about some of these videos being taken down for copyright reasons.

chonkbing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chonkbing
Could you please ellaborate on some of these reasons? I would like to know what i should avoid so as to stop anything i put up being removed
craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

Well pretty much any content from games such as screenshots and clips from the game itself may be removed by the owners at their will, if you were to do a montage type video with a lot of different games involved this may cause problems. You can ask the owners permission to use these however it's quite simple.

Talus057

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 Talus057
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

Well, uh ... what sort of games are we talking about here? Talking about the obvious isn't going to be exactly helpful. FPS you learn by doing for example. If we're talking about MMO PvP games then people might want to know tips about how to organize things for faster use. It also might be worth mentioning that whatever makes you execute actions faster than your opponent is worth doing, like not wearing capes in UO or turning your graphics down just to squeeze out a few more FPS. This was explained to me when I first started PvP in an MMO. Animations and fancy graphics are generally the enemy. Especially if you are "new" enough to be playing a PvP game on a laptop, which from what I read on the internet seems to be quite a few people lately.

chonkbing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chonkbing
Thanks for the input Talus but im hoping to just make it more for the 360 and judging by your post i think your talking about pc, because TO ME i find that i get less entertainement from pc games and would less likely be interested in continuing the channel with videos. Craigofadown, thanks for that but i was already thinking that i would need to clearance so as not to upset anybody. Though thanks for the advise Is there anything that people think that i should start start off with? i.e: a game i should montage/give a walkthrough to or anthing else to get me started, any help would be appreciated
cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

It would be interesting to see synth. and character builds. I likely wouldn't take the advice because I am stubborn and like to build my own gear/ characters, but I would be highly entertained by such videos.

chonkbing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chonkbing
i shall see what i can do. though what is synth?