New 3d monster tamer game alternative hits Kickstarter this week

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

Kindred Fates has just released their Kickstarter. Already 24k on second day. The reason the goal is low by the way is because the developer does have investors and they just want to see 50k to know there is enough interest in the game.

Differences from Pokemon:

-real time combat

-open world

-can be nuzlocked (kinfolk can die)

-house customization

-create a guild/gym stretch goal

-all Kinfolk are monotype (all though some can have other type moves)

-artists who have worked on the game have also worked on Dragon Prince

-mountable kinfolk (similiar to Pokemon Let's Go)

-103 kinfolk to start, more if kickstarter stretch goals are reached

-not an mmo like temtem, but includes multiplayer for pvp and trading

-drm free version

For more information, you can check the game's site here:

(Link remove by moderator)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

Mods won't be happy with the advertising dood, it's against forum policy.

As someone who backs a few games on KS I read what your project is; and it's not really something that interests me in the slightest, openworld=yuk/ life simulator=why? . . The footage on the official pledge page is also a hard sell due to its quality.

I assume future success based on the huge market you wish to capitalize. Too many indie developers seem hastily jumping-in on Game Freaks recent failures. And based on some of the art could lead to a lawsuit on your teams end. Nintendo and The Pokémon Company have sued for far less.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

For reference the last game I backed is Battle Axe, not going to advertise it with stupid links, because it's still gathering funding. So will just point a few interesting aspects from a Gamers perspective, and why I think it's a more appealing game to Back (take notes OP)

The BA page gives great context who is making the game, the portfolio they have, goals, and the excitement they have to make this project. The trailer is just gorgeous, and gives a clear message what they're selling. The game has realistic goals and the proven talent to achieve them. If the kickstarter is successful will likely bring it up Battle Axe way more; till then it's just for context for how OP could have sold the kickstarter better.

Extreme ripping off Pokémon with added open world and life simulation, awful trailer, and only credible staff is from a Netflix show, which are being asked to make designs a bit too close to a Pokémon Company lawsuit. Finally will this game have even half the features they claim to be aiming for? That doesn't seem like a good sell. It's a pandering kickstarter targeting a desperate market. Just so happens to be the largest media market on the planet otherwise this would flop.

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

I love monster raising games. Shame this thread will get locked

Digimon world for the ps1 is best game ever

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

As we speak the game is 97% funded. I'm really hoping the initial funding goal is met today.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

@pacific90: That's good and all but we do not accept adverting on Gamespot unless you get approval by GS lead staff and until then, I'll be locking this thread. Sorry.