Need help with IL-2 Sturmovik

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meat_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#1 Meat_Bag
Member since 2008 • 1061 Posts

I just bought IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles. But this is my first time with flight sims and I need some help. I'm still learning the ropes and I need some advice about how to aim properly and shoot down enemies. I don't have a joystick, but I do have a gamepad (very similar to that of a PS2), and it seems to work OK. But I still couldn't figure out how to zoom on my targets.

Anybody, please help!

JoseAlexandre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JoseAlexandre
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
First of all, you MUST have a good joystick to play this game properly. You just can't aim with a gamepad! You gonna need a litlle dedication to learn to fly too.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I agree.

This game is insanely difficult!
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
First of all, you MUST have a good joystick to play this game properly. You just can't aim with a gamepad! You gonna need a litlle dedication to learn to fly too.JoseAlexandre
Agree, you need a good joystick.
Meat_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 Meat_Bag
Member since 2008 • 1061 Posts

Thanks, guys!

I just bought a joystick today, and it works just fine. I calibrated it, and got my first taste of real flying. It's the first time in my life that I'm playing a flight sim, or even any game with the joystick. I even miraculously managed to shoot down a German bomber in a quick mission training. But I don't understand what's the deal with German planes, crosshair always seems to be missing in a default cockpit view. What can I do to fix it? How can I zoom properly?

JoseAlexandre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoseAlexandre
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Well, i use trackir 4 pro but it's a bit expensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFTRsBcSyk8

The game with trackir 4 is even more fun and realistic. Once you learn the basics of combat flying you will see how fun this simulator can be!