playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 playerp
Member since 2019 • 47 Posts

So my bag is full and I can't use it anymore. Am I supposed to take it to a store and empty it out? Is there a store in every mission? Also, how do you switch weapons? If I can't pull out a machine gun is that because I don't have one? Sometimes Y works, sometimes not.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

yes you are supposed to take your bag to a store and empty it out and there is a store in every mission.

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 playerp

@TJDMHEM: Thanks. I'm also stuck on "kick the hornet's nest" where you are supposed to burn the weed fields. All I have is a mine layer and the flame thrower and I don't know that I can beat that level without a machine gun or sniper weapon. I tried to go to other spots on the map to earn more money or buy more stuff, but it's too much work and puts me way back in terms of progress. Do you know of a solution to this dilemma?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@playerp said:

@TJDMHEM: Thanks. I'm also stuck on "kick the hornet's nest" where you are supposed to burn the weed fields. All I have is a mine layer and the flame thrower and I don't know that I can beat that level without a machine gun or sniper weapon. I tried to go to other spots on the map to earn more money or buy more stuff, but it's too much work and puts me way back in terms of progress. Do you know of a solution to this dilemma?

Hold down LB to access the weapon wheel. You can only carry two weapons at that point in the game. Pick up a pirate's AK to replace the minelayer and you'll live.

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By playerp

@Black_Knight_00: That was good to know- thanks! But now I have a new problem. Something happened with the save feature and now I'm several missions back from where I was in the aforementioned mission. Is there any way to go back or am I stuck having to play through the same (very time-consuming) missions again?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Black_Knight_00

@playerp said:

@Black_Knight_00: That was good to know- thanks! But now I have a new problem. Something happened with the save feature and now I'm several missions back from where I was in the aforementioned mission. Is there any way to go back or am I stuck having to play through the same (very time-consuming) missions again?

That shouldn't happen. Try manually loading the game to see if there's a more recent file you can load. If not, it sounds like a corrupted file and the game loading a backup. In that case all you can do is bite the bullet and replay the missions.

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 playerp

@Black_Knight_00: Thanks. How do you manually reload?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Black_Knight_00

@playerp said:

@Black_Knight_00: Thanks. How do you manually reload?

If it's not on the main menu then i assume you cannot.

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 playerp

@Black_Knight_00: I think what happened is I went back in the game to try to get stuff that would help me in "kick the hornet's nest" and I ended up losing my progress. It took me two hours to get back to it but now I'm in the same position I was originally- I only have the flame thrower and mines to get through the mission. I saw the ability to switch weapons, but they all have locks on them and I think I can only carry one kind of gun at a time. How can I get through this mission?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@playerp said:

@Black_Knight_00: I think what happened is I went back in the game to try to get stuff that would help me in "kick the hornet's nest" and I ended up losing my progress. It took me two hours to get back to it but now I'm in the same position I was originally- I only have the flame thrower and mines to get through the mission. I saw the ability to switch weapons, but they all have locks on them and I think I can only carry one kind of gun at a time. How can I get through this mission?

Quit the mission (Start > Abort mission). You need to craft a new weapon holster (Start > Crafting) which requires 1 goat skin. The map screen tells you where the animals are. That upgrade will allow you to carry two weapons. Go to a store and buy an AK-47, or if you lack money, kill any pirate around the island and grab his rifle.

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 playerp

@Black_Knight_00: Great plan, but will I lose my place? I tried to go back and acquire things before and I think that's why I ended up losing all my progress.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00

@playerp said:

@Black_Knight_00: Great plan, but will I lose my place? I tried to go back and acquire things before and I think that's why I ended up losing all my progress.

That as probably a bug. You'll be fine.

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 playerp

@Black_Knight_00: Thanks!

sippio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 sippio
Member since 2015 • 2580 Posts

Farcry was so awesome...can't wait to go back..

I think I got a free copy when I bought Farcry5.

Playing through New Dawn now and gonna play BloodDragon next and then revisit FC3 or finally finish FC4.

I bored quit Farcry4 twice already..

Ironic how similar MGS V Phantom Pain is to the Farcry formula..

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 playerp

@Black_Knight_00: I bought a pistol out of one of those self-serve boxes but then couldn't find it in my wheel of weapons. Where could it have gone? I mean, the game took my money!

Also, do I have to craft a holster after I kill a goat or now when I take a gun from a fallen enemy will I just be able to carry two now? I can't tell. Thanks!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Black_Knight_00

@playerp said:

@Black_Knight_00: I bought a pistol out of one of those self-serve boxes but then couldn't find it in my wheel of weapons. Where could it have gone? I mean, the game took my money!

Also, do I have to craft a holster after I kill a goat or now when I take a gun from a fallen enemy will I just be able to carry two now? I can't tell. Thanks!

Follow this, step by step: kill a goat, skin it, go to the crafting menu, find "extra holster", craft it. Now you have two weapon slots instead of one. Go to the place where you bought your weapon, or any vendor or vending machine around the island, find the weapon you bought, select "equip" and put it in the weapon slot you just crafted for yourself.

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 playerp

@Black_Knight_00: Is crafting just clicking a button or are there steps? Do you know you have a weapon slot when the wheel shows you an unlocked weapon? Why do I have to find the weapon from that fridge thing again if I bought it already? Shouldn't it be on me somewhere? I don't even know if I can identify it.

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 playerp

How come once I start a mission I have to finish it or I have to start over if I turn off the game? Is this typical? Shouldn't the game save at checkpoints and remember those next time I turn it on? It's like you are forced to stay on; especially annoying given how long these missions are.

playerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 playerp

Anyone know?