Need help with Brutal Legend

#1 Posted by ggamerr (55 posts) -

I'm on the mission Dry Ice Wet Graves. I have read a few walkthroughs and some advice, but it doesn't make sense to me. What am I supposed to do to clear this level? What's the objective?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#2 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21328 posts) -
Loading Video...

Try this

#3 Posted by ggamerr (55 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yes, I looked at that before. In the mission I'm trying to beat, which has something to do with building stages or destroying the enemy stages, in that walkthrough the guy's just flying around all over the place. I can't tell what he's doing.

#4 Posted by henrythefifth (1961 posts) -

I feel your pain man. Those missions where you have to build stages and so on were really badly realised in the game, and were the reason I never bothered to finish the game!

Great music, but rubbish game.

#5 Posted by ggamerr (55 posts) -

@henrythefifth: I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates those large battle missions! But I disagree. It's an amazing game from the standpoint of theme and aesthetics. By the way, I figured out I can chop down the evil booths (not sure of the specific techniques needed) and then build a merch booth on the green fan geysers. After I managed to make two or three of those, I had to continue fighting and then suddenly I got the victory page. I'm wondering if sometimes the missions just time out for you if you're taking too long and just give you the win.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#6 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21328 posts) -
@ggamerr said:

@henrythefifth: I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates those large battle missions! But I disagree. It's an amazing game from the standpoint of theme and aesthetics. By the way, I figured out I can chop down the evil booths (not sure of the specific techniques needed) and then build a merch booth on the green fan geysers. After I managed to make two or three of those, I had to continue fighting and then suddenly I got the victory page. I'm wondering if sometimes the missions just time out for you if you're taking too long and just give you the win.

Those missions are the reason the game got middling reviews and is unfairly forgotten. I appreciate the effort to diversify the gameplay, but they should have playtested those segments and realized they were not fun to play.

#7 Posted by ggamerr (55 posts) -

Actually, the reviews were very good. The game got an 83 on Metacritic and was listed on a top games list, which is why I got it. But I'm not very good at games, so I assumed I was having difficulty in those battles where others would be easily figuring them out. That's why I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me- that the objectives and game play are unclear. But does anyone know if the missions just time out and they give you a victory if your play is "good enough"? Again, it didn't seem like I reached a definitive endpoint on the level. And I thought I was supposed to destroy Ophelia's stage, which I didn't. The level just ended abruptly.

#8 Posted by henrythefifth (1961 posts) -

The game has the best opening movie ever. Jack Black is always funny!

#9 Posted by heljar75 (75 posts) -

I was letdown with Brutal Legend. The demo looked awesome and I love heavy music. But I never will or has has ever liked that type of battle strategy game. The game looks awesome with great music but I will never return to it again because of the gameplay. I kinda suffered through it to see every area of the game and hear Jack Black, but I hated the gameplay. I felt almost hustled when I played it. I played an awesome demo where I assembled and rode around in cool car, but the demo didn't feature any of the battle strategy parts that was prevailent throughout the game.

#11 Posted by ggamerr (55 posts) -

@ahlam12: What's that got to do with anything?