Need a Game Capture Device

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StHapns247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StHapns247
Member since 2005 • 750 Posts

I am looking for a game capture device that will let me record the last minute or so of my gameplay much like the Xbox One and PS4 do. I want to be able to do this cross-platform so I can take the clips and share them where I want; Facebook, Twitter, etc.., without having to deal with the sharing limitations of each console.

Does anyone know of a device like this? I know a lot of devices have "flashback" recording, but that usually entails having to sift through an hour or so of gameplay to find small clips, not very efficient. The same goes for bulk-recording; I'd have to sift through hours of gameplay.. I also don't have to harddrive space for that either.

Any tips would be great.

Thanks!

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Idk of any that do last-minute recording. My advice would be to record 15 - 20 minute clips of something. With regards to devices, I use the Elgato Game Capture HD. Great quality videos, commentary recording, and you can start and stop recording whenever you want on the software. Great device all around.

StHapns247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 StHapns247
Member since 2005 • 750 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

Idk of any that do last-minute recording. My advice would be to record 15 - 20 minute clips of something. With regards to devices, I use the Elgato Game Capture HD. Great quality videos, commentary recording, and you can start and stop recording whenever you want on the software. Great device all around.

Thanks for the response. I already have an Elgato, but I find myself using the long-form recording ability less and less. On PC I use Nvidia's Shadow Play; I can configure it to record the last 1 minute of gameplay and save it to my Dropbox. I then download the video on my iPhone, edit a little, then post it where I want. Ideally I'd like to do this with console games too.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@StHapns247: get the El Gato