Name one fighting game YOU like, but the majority dislikes (56k)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Everyone has one, a game the majority doesn't like but someone does, even in fighting games. Though I have a lot of games that fall under this, I'm going to pick one of my most favorites.

Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles

Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles screenshots

Yeah, yeah, it's an anime/manga game. Most of which are frowned upon by critics and the fighting game community (save for Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3), but there are several of these that I like (though I do dislike a few, I made a thread on it here earlier explaining my thoughts on ONE game). Even with the simplicity it's panned for, I still manage to find some strategy in it and I still think it's fun.

And for those who don't know, the developers behind Tatsunoko vs Capcom were behind this, as well as Naruto: Clash of Ninja (which I also enjoy) and the Bloody Roar series, so you can see where some of the simplicity of that game comes from.

What is your choice? Choose pictures if you want (hence the 56K segment).

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Mine is Fighter's Destiny. I love the karate tourney point system they have and I think it was a well rounded game for the time.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#3 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

Capcom Fighting Evolution. It wasn't too great, but I didn't find it as bad as people said either.

Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4 Maxwell
Member since 2009 • 253 Posts

I would have to choose Bloody Roar 2. Sure, it had a completely ridiculous premise with the animal transformations, and its four-button control scheme wasn't the most inspired. But it was still a solid, fast-paced 3D fighter, with the added shock value of blood and gore. Pinning someone down as the werelepord, Shina, and ripping a little geyser of blood from their chest was always satisfying.

teleporters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 teleporters
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Street Fighter Wing, mostly of my friends doesn't like the graphics and animation.
omegamarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 omegamarth
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

Uhh Virtua Fighter, since most people don't want to play it.

Outside of that, Shaq-Fu

y890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 y890
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

maybe karate champ or dbz budokai tenkaichi 3

DreamCuPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DreamCuPS
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

dead dance (snes)

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
Most of these games I love what does that say about my taste :P Mine would have to be Breakers Revenge, if you have the chance check it out on youtube awesome solid little fighter from SNK/Viscom
boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

Street Fighter X Tekken. I got this game on release day and enjoyed it for a good few months. I think only a few people take this game seriously. Most players bashed Capcom about this. The game had such a bad rap for having gem system, and of course the infamous on-disc DLC characters that costs about $15 or $20 if I'm not mistaken.

xDeadMarchx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 xDeadMarchx
Member since 2012 • 44 Posts

Street Fighter X Tekken. I got this game on release day and enjoyed it for a good few months. I think only a few people take this game seriously. Most players bashed Capcom about this. The game had such a bad rap for having gem system, and of course the infamous on-disc DLC characters that costs about $15 or $20 if I'm not mistaken.

boybrushdred

Yeah this. I hate what capcom did, but I still enjoy the game quite a lot. I think capcom's marketing people deserve the hate moreso than the developers.